Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 10-04-2011, 10:28 AM   #121
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Eating less, running more, and ignoring ShaggyDirk's bullshit spam. That's pretty much been my whole strategy.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2011, 11:31 AM   #122
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Oh, and I'm now able to run a mile (5.5 mph) without stopping. Huzzah!
Old 10-05-2011, 11:06 AM   #123
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirobaito View Post
Oh, and I'm now able to run a mile (5.5 mph) without stopping. Huzzah!
Hey man, that is freakin AWESOME!!!

I recall when i started in 2009, I was barely able to get myself up to 2.5/3.0 mph.

Now I range from 4.0 to 6.5 mph, depending on the distance and who I'm running with.

This past Saturday night, I did 6 miles in 58 minutes, then Sunday Morning, I ran the lap out at White Rock (9.07 miles)...but I was with others and it took us right at 2 hours. However, I hadn't fueled up properly and at mile 8.5, I was cramping up and had to walk in to close out the lap.

My HR was down, but my legs felt like old boat anchors.

But I keep the runs going...planning on running the White Rock on December 4th (1/2 Marathon)...then Spring of 2012, not sure when/where, I will run my first FULL Marathon.

Keep plugging away, trust me 5.5 for 1 mile is freakin HUGE!!!

How are you doing on distance/endurance? Or is that a part of your plan?
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 11:26 AM   #124
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad View Post
Hey man, that is freakin AWESOME!!!

I recall when i started in 2009, I was barely able to get myself up to 2.5/3.0 mph.

Now I range from 4.0 to 6.5 mph, depending on the distance and who I'm running with.

This past Saturday night, I did 6 miles in 58 minutes, then Sunday Morning, I ran the lap out at White Rock (9.07 miles)...but I was with others and it took us right at 2 hours. However, I hadn't fueled up properly and at mile 8.5, I was cramping up and had to walk in to close out the lap.

My HR was down, but my legs felt like old boat anchors.

But I keep the runs going...planning on running the White Rock on December 4th (1/2 Marathon)...then Spring of 2012, not sure when/where, I will run my first FULL Marathon.

Keep plugging away, trust me 5.5 for 1 mile is freakin HUGE!!!

How are you doing on distance/endurance? Or is that a part of your plan?
Running a mile without stopping is pretty much as enduring as I've been in my life, haha. But I can't work on that yet because of my caloric situation. I really can't burn that many calories from exercise because of my diet. Anything I burn right now, I'm immediately taking back in in protein (usually about 100 kcal a day). 8.8 pounds from now, when I hit my goal of 160, I can start doing longer workouts because my diet will be a maintenance one rather than a weight loss one. I live near Hackberry Creek Country Club in Las Colinas, and they have a sidewalk around it that runs slightly less than 4 miles. I'll start running that and timing myself and see what I can work up to.
Old 10-05-2011, 01:18 PM   #125
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

A quick update, when I started my diet on August 3rd, I was 240 lbs. Today, October 5th, I am down to 206 lbs. I have lost 34 pounds in 2 months using the Atkins nutritional approach. I still have not exercised once. My goal weight is 190, I'm only 16 pounds away, and I imagine I could get there in another 4-5 weeks.

Feels good man.
Old 10-05-2011, 01:40 PM   #126
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrobx View Post
I still have not exercised once.
The fat will probably come back, but the muscle won't.
Old 10-05-2011, 02:30 PM   #127
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Quote:
A quick update, when I started my diet on August 3rd, I was 240 lbs. Today, October 5th, I am down to 206 lbs. I have lost 34 pounds in 2 months using the Atkins nutritional approach. I still have not exercised once. My goal weight is 190, I'm only 16 pounds away, and I imagine I could get there in another 4-5 weeks.

Feels good man.
Well, Atkins said doing exercise was non-negotiable, so I would advise at least starting. With any diet, the closer you get to your goal weight, the more difficult it becomes and the more important exercise is.
Old 10-05-2011, 05:01 PM   #128
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Kiro...keep it up!!! You know what's best for your body and the goals you have for it. It's cool to read the updates!!!

I hope by sharing, I can simply share and if something makes sense that you or anyone else want to implement into their own routine, then cool...likewise, I hope to grab some gems for y'alls workout and plug into my routines.

For me, I'm not officially in maintenance mode...basically I fluctuate from 178-185 at the moment. Still trying to burn that last bit of fat around the abs. Doing the full core workouts and some run/walks from 4-9 miles...although I got a 16 miler in a few weeks ago ;-) Ultimately, getting the abs in will require a boatload of self-discipline regarding the food I take in.

I'm close, but still having a tough time to get that last little bit.

I find that I do good, but a little too good and deplete my fuel...do a major workout and then struggle to keep from passing out.

Something about being 43...recovery aint like it was when I was 23 ;-)

Xrbox,

As for the diets I'm reading about...a few years back I got a e-book called "Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle"

Bottom line, it provides some really educational information regarding exercise and nutrition, while also knocking down 'Diets' and providing the negatives with respect to those diets. But again, its up to each of us to take in the information we find and form our view on what works for our body.

I try to simplify as much as I can...lowered my cabs (Sugars, Bread, Pasta and Alcohol), increased proteins (Plain Greek Yogurts, Meal Replacement Shakes (Shakeology from Beachbody is what I use) and other items that are higher in protein. For example, for breakfast today, I had a bowl of Special K 10G Protein Cereal with about 4 Strawberries sliced up and a cup of Almond Milk.

In the old days, I'd have Bacon, Sausage, 3-5 egg omelet with cheese and a bunch of other stuff, French Toast and or Pancakes, 2-3 glasses of Juice...I might grab a piece of fruit or some type of sweet yogurt.

Breakfast being the most important meal of the day, I used to pig out!!!

Now, it's taken me nearly 3 years to change my eating habits...but I changed them one thing a time. Rather than making a drastic Diet that sets me up for failure as I would eventually go back to eating what I ate before the Diet. I decided to make a lifestyle change and find foods that I could eat long term.

So best of success to you and again to everyone else who has or is even thinking about making that change.

Take care and have a fun fit night ;-) Time for me to get my 2nd workout in for the day...this morning was "Insanity Max Plyo" --- my knee is killing me at the moment, so I will stretch it out by a nice light jog in the neighborhood ... 4-5 miles ;-)
Old 10-05-2011, 11:24 PM   #129
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
The fat will probably come back, but the muscle won't.
My plan is to get down to 185/190 pounds first, then after that, start working out and gain some back in muscle. But I will stay low carb forever. The fat will never come back, because I have changed my lifestyle. I know I will never have another soft drink, or any of the other things that I was basically KILLING myself with ever again. And I don't even miss the sugar anymore. It comes back when people quit the diet and don't do it the right way.

Quote:

In the old days, I'd have Bacon, Sausage, 3-5 egg omelet with cheese and a bunch of other stuff, French Toast and or Pancakes, 2-3 glasses of Juice...I might grab a piece of fruit or some type of sweet yogurt.

Breakfast being the most important meal of the day, I used to pig out!!!

Now, it's taken me nearly 3 years to change my eating habits...but I changed them one thing a time. Rather than making a drastic Diet that sets me up for failure as I would eventually go back to eating what I ate before the Diet. I decided to make a lifestyle change and find foods that I could eat long term.
The good news is that I can still eat pretty much all the eggs, bacon, sausage, fried bologna i want for breakfast every morning if i so choose. No toast, pancakes or OJ though.

Carbs are a sort of an addiction. The first couple weeks was rough, but I now have no desire to have bread, pop, potatoes, candy, or any of that. I've actually started planning/cooking my own meals, and now instead of eating mcdonalds every day, I'll make myself a steak and salad, or pork chops, or chicken, or whatever I want. It's so much better than fast food, and even cheaper. I haven't drank anything other than water since I started either, although there are other options. I just wanted to break that caffeine addiction as well.

I didn't think I could handle it. I have never had the willpower to resist food. It's always been my weakness. But once I got dedicated to make a change, after a while all those urges just went away. Plus meat keeps me filled up. I hardly ever feel hungry anymore. I used to get headaches if I wasn't constantly feeding my face. No more. I don't starve myself and when I do get hungry I eat until I'm full. I just basically transformed my body to run on fat instead of carbs as its main energy source. 20-30 carbs a day and a ton of protein. If I've lost any muscle, I certainly haven't noticed it...

Last edited by xrobx; 10-05-2011 at 11:43 PM.
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 09:10 AM   #130
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Quote:
I didn't think I could handle it. I have never had the willpower to resist food. It's always been my weakness. But once I got dedicated to make a change, after a while all those urges just went away.
This is, of course, the most important thing. My mom and sister are currently doing a Medi Weight Loss program, which is basically a supervised and controlled Atkins diet. Low-carb or low cal, it bothers me to see people argue over which one works because it's obvious through anecdotal evidence that both can and do. It's just a matter of making the lifestyle change and being committed to doing it.

My sister has a food addiction, and she talks all the time about how much she craves chocolate or pasta or whatever, and it always baffles me, because my mind doesn't work like that at all.

While my diet is, strictly speaking, low-cal, it's not really "high"-carb. I've basically cut out sugar, potatoes, most dairy, and pasta. The only carbs I take in are whole grains (and even then, solely in the morning with my wonderful Kashi cereal) and beans. I still have yogurt, as well, but only Activia (10 net carbs) or the Kroger Carbmaster yogurt (4 net carbs). Usually, I drink Silk almond milk, which is so much better tasting than regular milk, but without the lactose and the acne. I'm probably getting about 50-60g of carbs a day, 30 from breakfast, and another 20-30 depending on what I have for lunch. Usually none from dinner, as that tends to be meat-and-veggies.

The way I see it, I'm limiting myself to, say, 1500 calories a day. I might as well pick the most nutritious diet I can get. That tends to be low-carb, as well. I'm never really in ketosis, though. I've checked.

Last edited by Kirobaito; 10-06-2011 at 01:13 PM.
Kirobaito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 12:28 PM   #131
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos View Post
Yeah.....a brief and true story which you may appreciate.

Shortly after I started riding I took a freebie 'intro to mountain biking' class. There was a group trail ride after, which split according to self-assessment into two groups--a faster group (taking a longer ride) and a slower group. I debated which group I should join as I watched the young, flat-bellied males move towards the 'fast ride' group while the 9 year old kids and fat old women went to the 'slow-ride' group. Inexplicably my bike went with the younger males even though I knew very well that I needed to go ride with the old women.

I did manage to stay with the fast group for the entire ride, without complaining or slowing the group down. I said my goodbyes to the group, packed my bike onto the car, made my way out of the park, pulled my car to the side of the road, and projectile vomited all over Collins Street in n. arglington.

(but that was then....doing much better today.)
remembering this sort of thing helps.

on the other hand, My work had their annual health screening day today.... I STARTED biking after the screening during my second year here, when all of my indicators had nosed down. that was 2005.

Today was the first time i had any bad readings since 2005: my "good" cholesterol is too low, and both measures of my blood sugar are too high... i am bummed

Last edited by mcsluggo; 10-06-2011 at 12:31 PM.
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 09:46 PM   #132
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Mcsluggo--Bummer. I notice my legs don't snap back like they used to. Aging is not for the faint of heart. Keep ridin'.
Old 10-07-2011, 12:37 PM   #133
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

yeah... the blood sugar thing caught me completely by surprise. I am going to go see the doc in two weeks (once all these test results come in). i am going to keep biking, i can only assume that this crap would've been much worse without it. THere are SOME incidences of diabetes in my extended family, but i was hoping (assuming) that keeping myself skinny was keeping me relatively immune. wrong assumption, i guess.

edit::: by the way .. i am NOT in the diabetic range now, but my indicators are moving in that direction.

Last edited by mcsluggo; 10-07-2011 at 12:38 PM.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:39 AM   #134
92bDad
Platinum Member

Okay, so a question to see if anyone else has experienced these symptoms and/or has any feedback, links or suggestions.

Being a middle aged guy...seems like I don't quite recover like I used to. However, I do continue to push and as I mentioned, feel as though I'm in nearly the best shape of my life. I have to give the best shape, to back when I was in the Army in the late 80's early 90's...

Anyway, I find that for about the past year, I have some pretty heavy issues with getting dizzy. Usually when I stand up from a sitting or laying down position. Some days are worse than others, but it is pretty regular. It also gets worse the lighter I get.

In other words, when I get below 180, it really peaks, when I'm above 180 it's not as frequent.

My first thought is that it's a possible hydration issue?

On the flip side, I have read that there is something with regards to balance, blood flow, etc as we get older.

Any of you guys have any insight on this?
Old 10-10-2011, 08:21 AM   #135
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

197. Travelling for the next couple of weeks.
Old 10-10-2011, 09:25 AM   #136
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

10/10 168.6 lbs

For the last week I've started eating the Kashi Go Lean Cereal for breakfast, which is higher in fiber than what I was previously having for breakfast... holy crap, my digestive system has been a total wreck.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:58 AM   #137
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

10/17 165.6 lbs

That. Just. Happened. I didn't even exercise this week because of the Rangers. Now like 1.5 pounds away from ceasing to be BMI-overweight for the first time since the 6th grade.

Last edited by Kirobaito; 10-17-2011 at 09:06 AM.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:54 AM   #138
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

08/01 - 210
08/15 - 204
09/01 - 197
09/16 - 190
10/01 - 186
10/17 - 185

Kinda lost focus a bit there. At least I didn't bounce back to where I was.
Old 10-17-2011, 10:57 AM   #139
mcsluggo
Golden Member

Quote:
Okay, so a question to see if anyone else has experienced these symptoms and/or has any feedback, links or suggestions.

Being a middle aged guy...seems like I don't quite recover like I used to. However, I do continue to push and as I mentioned, feel as though I'm in nearly the best shape of my life. I have to give the best shape, to back when I was in the Army in the late 80's early 90's...

Anyway, I find that for about the past year, I have some pretty heavy issues with getting dizzy. Usually when I stand up from a sitting or laying down position. Some days are worse than others, but it is pretty regular. It also gets worse the lighter I get.

In other words, when I get below 180, it really peaks, when I'm above 180 it's not as frequent.

My first thought is that it's a possible hydration issue?

On the flip side, I have read that there is something with regards to balance, blood flow, etc as we get older.

Any of you guys have any insight on this?
dude... don't ask US about that one, get it checked out.
Old 10-17-2011, 10:02 PM   #140
xrobx
Diamond Member

Quote:
10/17 165.6 lbs

That. Just. Happened. I didn't even exercise this week because of the Rangers. Now like 1.5 pounds away from ceasing to be BMI-overweight for the first time since the 6th grade.
congratulations man. I don't pay a lot of attention to BMI but that's impressive.
Old 10-17-2011, 10:06 PM   #141
alexamenos
Diamond Member

On the road, no scales in sight.

Ive been riding my fat ass off for the last several days, at altitude no less. If anyone out there is into mountain biking and has an opportunity to visit Fruita, Colorado, I highly recommend it. Mountain biking in actual mountains is an interesting experience. I've puked, planted my face in the trail, and had numerous genuine white knuckle experiences. Top notch fun...I'm probably down three pounds from last week.

Last edited by alexamenos; 10-17-2011 at 10:07 PM.
alexamenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 09:01 AM   #142
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

10/24 163.0 lbs

Holy bejeezus, I don't know why suddenly weight is just falling off me.
Old 10-24-2011, 02:41 PM   #143
mcsluggo
Golden Member

Mother's little helper.....

Old 10-26-2011, 04:54 PM   #144
xrobx
Diamond Member

197.2 here, down from the 206 when I posted 3 weeks ago. I don't remember in my life being under 200 pounds. 7th grade maybe
Old 10-27-2011, 07:51 AM   #145
alexamenos
Diamond Member

195. Lowest I've seen on a scale in quite some time.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:24 AM   #146
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

So, all of my pants now are ridiculously too big for me at a size 34. The thing is, I don't know whether to buy the size 32 that fits me. I know that a 32 waist is pretty acknowledged as a standard, but while I've trimmed off a big chunk of the fat that once surrounded me, I still have a bit of a gut and love handles that have likely been inhabiting my abdominal area for about a dozen years. I'm never going to be thin, per se, because I'm naturally built rather stocky, but I don't know whether I should purchase new pants on the chance that, even though I'm only 2.6 pounds away from my target, I continue to burn fat and a 32 waist ends up too big. I've never had to deal with this "problem" before.
Old 10-27-2011, 07:30 PM   #147
xrobx
Diamond Member

Quote:
So, all of my pants now are ridiculously too big for me at a size 34. The thing is, I don't know whether to buy the size 32 that fits me. I know that a 32 waist is pretty acknowledged as a standard, but while I've trimmed off a big chunk of the fat that once surrounded me, I still have a bit of a gut and love handles that have likely been inhabiting my abdominal area for about a dozen years. I'm never going to be thin, per se, because I'm naturally built rather stocky, but I don't know whether I should purchase new pants on the chance that, even though I'm only 2.6 pounds away from my target, I continue to burn fat and a 32 waist ends up too big. I've never had to deal with this "problem" before.
Same problem here my brother, all my clothes are too big, (all my recently purchased XL mavs championship shirts look like nightshirts on me, need M ) as far as pants go, I'm down from a 38/40 to ... something? (I still don't know what fits now, probably 34), so I'm just using belts to hold them up, but they have so much extra room they look stupid. But I am going to hold out until I'm at my goal before I buy new clothes. I might have to break down and get just 1 cheap pair of pants though to hold me over...
Old 10-28-2011, 11:06 AM   #148
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Quote:
Same problem here my brother, all my clothes are too big, (all my recently purchased XL mavs championship shirts look like nightshirts on me, need M ) as far as pants go, I'm down from a 38/40 to ... something? (I still don't know what fits now, probably 34), so I'm just using belts to hold them up, but they have so much extra room they look stupid. But I am going to hold out until I'm at my goal before I buy new clothes. I might have to break down and get just 1 cheap pair of pants though to hold me over...
Since I have a 40% off coupon at Old Navy, I'm getting two pairs of 32/30s just to see how it ends up. Maybe they end up too big, but if so, only $30 spent and little harm done.

As horrific as the game was last night, it was basically a mini Insanity workout with max interval training. Heart was going 130 bpm for crazy long stretches. 161.6 lbs!

Last edited by Kirobaito; 10-28-2011 at 11:07 AM.
Old 10-28-2011, 11:51 AM   #149
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Back to running again for me. I just can't seem to keep from injuring myself. I injured my calf rather badly a few months ago running a 5k. I busted my ass the last mile and it cost me. I have compartment syndrome in my right calf. So far, I've opted not to have surgery. I'm attempting to get back into running, but I suppose we'll see. I may have to have surgery after all. Unfortunately, without the running, I do tend to put on some weight. So, I might have to start using this thread.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 09:03 AM   #150
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

10/31 161.8 lbs
Old 10-31-2011, 09:23 AM   #151
alexamenos
Diamond Member

Old 11-01-2011, 09:00 PM   #152
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

08/01 - 210
08/15 - 204
09/01 - 197
09/16 - 190
10/01 - 186
10/17 - 185
11/01 - 182
Old 11-02-2011, 11:21 AM   #153
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
08/01 - 210
08/15 - 204
09/01 - 197
09/16 - 190
10/01 - 186
10/17 - 185
11/01 - 182
Impressive. I don't have any dates/weights like this, but I am down roughly 25 pounds over 7 weeks. Of course I started heavier than you.
Old 11-02-2011, 11:23 AM   #154
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What is your height?
Old 11-02-2011, 05:12 PM   #155
xrobx
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male30Dan View Post
What is your height?
6'1, when i said 38/40, i mean 38 to 40 waist, not 40 length, if that's what you were thinking

here's a chart of my weight since august 3rd when i started at 240 lbs (195 today, goal is 180)

Old 11-02-2011, 07:05 PM   #156
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
6'1, when i said 38/40, i mean 38 to 40 waist, not 40 length, if that's what you were thinking

here's a chart of my weight since august 3rd when i started at 240 lbs (195 today, goal is 180)

Super impressive... I was 270 just 7 weeks ago (I am just under 6'4") and I am just over 245 right now. Don't want to get as small as you guys - I don't wear that well. But I want to be back down to 215-220. Goal was about 50 pounds total and I am right at half way there. Figure by New Years I should be there with a resolution to keep it off. Permanently.

By the way, crazy you wore 40 size pants at 240. I wore 40 when I was 270 - must have been super loose on you. Easily fit 38s now.

Last edited by Male30Dan; 11-02-2011 at 07:07 PM.
Male30Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 07:28 PM   #157
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Quote:
Super impressive... I was 270 just 7 weeks ago (I am just under 6'4") and I am just over 245 right now. Don't want to get as small as you guys - I don't wear that well. But I want to be back down to 215-220. Goal was about 50 pounds total and I am right at half way there. Figure by New Years I should be there with a resolution to keep it off. Permanently.

By the way, crazy you wore 40 size pants at 240. I wore 40 when I was 270 - must have been super loose on you. Easily fit 38s now.
I wore a 40 when I was about 225 at the end of high school. I still have those pants, and it's freakin' unbelievable how freakin' fat I was at my height.

But fantastic on your own progress, though!

Last edited by Kirobaito; 11-02-2011 at 07:29 PM.
Old 11-02-2011, 07:35 PM   #158
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
I wore a 40 when I was about 225 at the end of high school. I still have those pants, and it's freakin' unbelievable how freakin' fat I was at my height.

But fantastic on your own progress, though!
Wow... 225 and 40 in waist? How tall are you bro?
Old 11-02-2011, 08:07 PM   #159
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Quote:
Wow... 225 and 40 in waist? How tall are you bro?
I list myself at 5'8", but closer to 5'7 3/4. Unfortunate.
Old 11-02-2011, 08:53 PM   #160
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
I list myself at 5'8", but closer to 5'7 3/4. Unfortunate.
That's all right bro - that's all Barea is!

Yeah, at 225 I was in 32s and 34s.