Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-26-2023, 03:08 PM   #361
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
If Walker and Hendricks aren't there, then you can trade back to get another pick or two...draft both Tshiebwe AND Lively. Center position solved just by the draft.

Everything depends heavily on getting that pick though. It opens up so many options that we just don't have if it conveys.
I believe it would open up the 2025 and 2027 future 1st rounders before the 2029 Mavs owe Nets as part of the Kyrie trade.

Still, the player(s) available and/or value in a trade of the top 10 pick this year holds more weight.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2023, 03:33 PM   #362
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
I believe it would open up the 2025 and 2027 future 1st rounders before the 2029 Mavs owe Nets as part of the Kyrie trade.

Still, the player(s) available and/or value in a trade of the top 10 pick this year holds more weight.
And that's fine, but it's still the same boat of what are you going to be shopping those picks for? If you're not getting a superstar in return, then it's not worth it.

Whatever happened last summer with Gobert is an outlier and shouldn't be emulated by any team.

I'm not sure any team gives up even a single lottery pick for Gobert if he was traded again let alone multiple picks.

Truly believe he is going to decline ala Deandre Jordan.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 04:18 PM   #363
Zeus

Zeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
And that's fine, but it's still the same boat of what are you going to be shopping those picks for? If you're not getting a superstar in return, then it's not worth it.

Whatever happened last summer with Gobert is an outlier and shouldn't be emulated by any team.

I'm not sure any team gives up even a single lottery pick for Gobert if he was traded again let alone multiple picks.

Truly believe he is going to decline ala Deandre Jordan.
Deandre is a good comp. If you recall he was a shell of himself just 3 years after the kidnapping when he played for the Mavs in the 2018
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 05:05 PM   #364
sig

sig is a jewel in the roughsig is a jewel in the roughsig is a jewel in the roughsig is a jewel in the rough

OG is a defensive shut down stud and can consistently be in the mix for DPOY for awhile providing offense. I'd like to add him to the current cast and Green and 2 first for him seems a lot. I'd do some group of Wood (SnT), Bertans, Bullock, Maxi, THJ along with 25 and 27 FRP for OGA and Trent in a SnT deal.
sig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 06:18 PM   #365
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by sig View Post
OG is a defensive shut down stud and can consistently be in the mix for DPOY for awhile providing offense. I'd like to add him to the current cast and Green and 2 first for him seems a lot. I'd do some group of Wood (SnT), Bertans, Bullock, Maxi, THJ along with 25 and 27 FRP for OGA and Trent in a SnT deal.
That trade proposal I mentioned for OG was from bleacher report

Obviously if you could keep green you do it

But OG is leaps and bounds better than green especially on defense

As you pointed out dude has elite defensive skills

He would immediately become the best wing defender this team has since Shawn Marion

Last edited by Dallas41; 04-26-2023 at 06:19 PM.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 06:53 PM   #366
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Per stein: Mavs will begin looking for an assistant coach to add to Kidd's staff.

Good. Everyone is on alert.

Old 04-26-2023, 08:28 PM   #367
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Congrats to JB and the Knicks

So glad he beat Donovan Mitchell again
Old 04-26-2023, 08:34 PM   #368
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Yeah I'm actually really happen for Jalen. He made the right choice.

Old 04-26-2023, 09:24 PM   #369
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Brunson isn?t here and I don?t care for him, but I care even less for our inept FO that let basically a FRP become a UFA after one contract. Like what a colossally stupid fucking mistake.
Old 04-26-2023, 10:07 PM   #370
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
Brunson isn?t here and I don?t care for him, but I care even less for our inept FO that let basically a FRP become a UFA after one contract. Like what a colossally stupid fucking mistake.
I just don't like Donovan Mitchell or Devin Booker

So I had to cheer for the Knicks and JB to send him home

And I hope jokic and the nuggets send Booker packing
Old 04-26-2023, 11:01 PM   #371
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It all started when they signed Brunson to that stupid ass rookie deal that didn?t make him a RFA. Tough watching him out there cooking in the playoffs while the Mavs are already on vacation.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 11:01 PM   #372
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
I just don't like Donovan Mitchell or Devin Booker

So I had to cheer for the Knicks and JB to send him home

And I hope jokic and the nuggets send Booker packing
I can get with that. Who on the Suns is stopping Jokic? I see him having a monster series unless they sell out on him on defense.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2023, 11:09 AM   #373
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Rooting hard for the Nugs. Hopefully seeing Jokic win a 'ship will light a fire under Luka too.
Old 04-27-2023, 12:07 PM   #374
Zeus

Zeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
It all started when they signed Brunson to that stupid ass rookie deal that didn?t make him a RFA. Tough watching him out there cooking in the playoffs while the Mavs are already on vacation.
This is an absolute fact that all those that defend the Mavs FO in the Brunson debacle fail to acknowledge. They should have never been in that position.
Old 04-27-2023, 12:44 PM   #375
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
This is an absolute fact that all those that defend the Mavs FO in the Brunson debacle fail to acknowledge. They should have never been in that position.
I haven't stumbled on anyone who defends the Mavs FO about JB. I see tons of folks who realize there's a point people should reach where the crying about it stops. Or at least it's mentioned in addition to all the other failures and not singled out.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2023, 04:23 PM   #376
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
I haven't stumbled on anyone who defends the Mavs FO about JB. I see tons of folks who realize there's a point people should reach where the crying about it stops. Or at least it's mentioned in addition to all the other failures and not singled out.
This.

The Brunson fiasco is such a clear cluster#$k that Mavs fans are all in agreement for the first time ever and it's so obviously a SNAFU that the discussion of Brunson isn't interesting to most people. There's not much to talk about. Cuban and the FO screwed up. End of story.

You can argue that it's all Donnie's fault and not Nico's and that's fair, but it's still on Cuban for not getting an RFA on the contract
You can argue that Brunson wanted out, but it's still on Cuban and the FO for not having RFA so we could get SOMETHING
You can argue that Cuban couldn't afford to give him his max, because of our shitty salary situation, but again that comes down to mismanagement.

There is no argument that the FO and Cuban aren't to blame.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2023, 04:42 PM   #377
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Funny thing is Mitchell Robinson was on that same contract with no RFA.

Like what the hell were these "smartest guys in the room" thinking?

Old 04-27-2023, 07:47 PM   #378
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Funny thing is Mitchell Robinson was on that same contract with no RFA.

Like what the hell were these "smartest guys in the room" thinking?
Yes they simply gave him the no-brainer extension that we should?ve given Brunson two summers ago. We?d have Jalen locked up for 3 MORE YEARS on one of the best value contracts in the entire league. We?d still have had our unprotected ?29 and DFS and Dinwiddie to trade or keep (and whatever seconds they tossed in for kicks) presumably. It?s such and all-around beginning to end epic f?up thats it?s almost like performance art. They had to screw it up at every turn not to keep Brunson or at least extract assets. They probably could?ve even salvaged the screw up by SnT him to NYK but Cuban probably decided to be arrogant and didn?t believe they could clear the space. It?s possible we could?ve gotten some nice assets instead in Detroit if they had simply swallowed their pride and read the signs that he was gone. Like, the moment they hired Daddy Brunson, we should?ve been on the phone with NY and getting a piece or two along with some bad contracts.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2023, 09:55 PM   #379
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
Yes they simply gave him the no-brainer extension that we should?ve given Brunson two summers ago. We?d have Jalen locked up for 3 MORE YEARS on one of the best value contracts in the entire league. We?d still have had our unprotected ?29 and DFS and Dinwiddie to trade or keep (and whatever seconds they tossed in for kicks) presumably. It?s such and all-around beginning to end epic f?up thats it?s almost like performance art. They had to screw it up at every turn not to keep Brunson or at least extract assets. They probably could?ve even salvaged the screw up by SnT him to NYK but Cuban probably decided to be arrogant and didn?t believe they could clear the space. It?s possible we could?ve gotten some nice assets instead in Detroit if they had simply swallowed their pride and read the signs that he was gone. Like, the moment they hired Daddy Brunson, we should?ve been on the phone with NY and getting a piece or two along with some bad contracts.
No they didn't. Robinson was an UFA retained in the same FA as Brunson and got 4/60.

Old 04-28-2023, 01:32 PM   #380
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No they didn't. Robinson was an UFA retained in the same FA as Brunson and got 4/60.
My bad a I misread the date of the extension

Last edited by mac222b; 04-28-2023 at 01:38 PM.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2023, 03:06 PM   #381
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Tim McMahon on the hoop collective podcast with a fun little rant on Mark Cuban,

?He is hilariously full of crap?

Happens around the 59 minute mark

https://open.spotify.com/episode/7ok...eBgLpIh&t=3581

Last edited by Melonhead; 04-28-2023 at 03:07 PM.
Melonhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2023, 03:19 PM   #382
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

REPORT: Phoenix Suns Owner Mat Ishbia says Suns games will no longer be on cable and plans to make it free to watch over the air on local channels and direct-to-consumer streaming services.

?We're not focusing on money. We're focusing on winning, success and taking care of fans, taking care of the community,? 🔥

(via NBA Central)
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2023, 03:26 PM   #383
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
REPORT: Phoenix Suns Owner Mat Ishbia says Suns games will no longer be on cable and plans to make it free to watch over the air on local channels and direct-to-consumer streaming services.

?We're not focusing on money. We're focusing on winning, success and taking care of fans, taking care of the community,? 🔥

(via NBA Central)
@mcuban
Old 04-28-2023, 04:02 PM   #384
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Tim McMahon on the hoop collective podcast with a fun little rant on Mark Cuban,

?He is hilariously full of crap?

Happens around the 59 minute mark

https://open.spotify.com/episode/7ok...eBgLpIh&t=3581
Cuban gets what he deserves but let's not pretend that TMAC isn't a total asshole through and through.

Old 04-29-2023, 12:21 AM   #385
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Cuban gets what he deserves but let's not pretend that TMAC isn't a total asshole through and through.
I?m aware a lot of fans don?t like Tmac because he doesn?t kiss ass with the Mavs org but i have no issues with him.
Old 04-29-2023, 08:56 AM   #386
tap2390
Diamond Member

Kyrie spotted courtside at Lakers-Grizz. Let the rumors begin.
Old 04-29-2023, 04:31 PM   #387
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Kyrie spotted courtside at Lakers-Grizz. Let the rumors begin.
Don't really care unless we lose him for nothing. We could get a cpl nice pieces for him

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2023, 05:03 PM   #388
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Well I guess no one should be surprised that two of the top seeds out west got bounced

I never believed in Memphis and Sacramento was always vulnerable because of their lack of defense
Old 04-30-2023, 07:37 PM   #389
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
Well I guess no one should be surprised that two of the top seeds out west got bounced

I never believed in Memphis and Sacramento was always vulnerable because of their lack of defense
Cavs were 1st in DEFRTG and were bounced
Grizz were 3rd
Bucks were 4th and were bounced (although no Giannis and coach lost his bro)
Bulls were 5th and missed the playoffs
Pelicans were 6th and missed the playoffs
Wolves were 10th

Kings did lack defense, but it's strange to say that about the Grizz who were top-3 in the league in regular-season defense. There's also a ton of really good defensive teams joining us on the banana boat.

Only 4 of the top 10 teams are still in the playoffs after the first round.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 04-30-2023 at 07:42 PM.
Old 04-30-2023, 11:03 PM   #390
tap2390
Diamond Member

Grizz were missing Adams and Clarke. Although, I agree that regular season defense doesn?t always translate to the postseason when everyone is elevating their defense.
Old 05-01-2023, 04:21 AM   #391
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Grizz were 3rd
Wolves were 10th

Kings did lack defense, but it's strange to say that about the Grizz who were top-3 in the league in regular-season defense. There's also a ton of really good defensive teams joining us on the banana boat.

Nice work.
It's crazy that something as this informative post is more than we get from most NBA writers. Traditional old media is dying and twitter guys like Iztok Franko and many others provide more good data/reads than espn, Dallas news etc. AND it's been that way for a few years now.
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2023, 10:08 AM   #392
washedklean77

washedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to all

Seeing the Lakers do what they're doing in the post-season worries me about the league going forward. It's going to further invite players and teams to continue to deprioritize the regular season which will result in even more load management and a poor overall basketball product. The strategy could end up being pursuing just enough during the regular season in order to enter the tournament. I just don't see many 55+ win teams in the NBA anymore because of this.
Old 05-01-2023, 10:42 AM   #393
tap2390
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Grizz were 3rd
Wolves were 10th

Here?s a good article that statistically analyzes this.

https://www.netsdaily.com/platform/a...-the-home-team
Old 05-01-2023, 11:27 AM   #394
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by washedklean77 View Post
Seeing the Lakers do what they're doing in the post-season worries me about the league going forward. It's going to further invite players and teams to continue to deprioritize the regular season which will result in even more load management and a poor overall basketball product. The strategy could end up being pursuing just enough during the regular season in order to enter the tournament. I just don't see many 55+ win teams in the NBA anymore because of this.
It didn't work out so well for the Clippers...

Old 05-01-2023, 11:37 AM   #395
washedklean77

washedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to all

Quote:
It didn't work out so well for the Clippers...
Not much works out well for the Clippers.
Old 05-01-2023, 11:54 AM   #396
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Ugh, another Ayton rumor (Tim Cato). I've seen more than a few connect us to Ayton. So typical of Cuban...

Also mentions Middleton.

Welp, bye bye Luka.

Old 05-01-2023, 12:02 PM   #397
tap2390
Diamond Member

Not opposed to Ayton if we're giving up THJ/ Bertans/ Future 1st.... no way I give up #10 for him.

It would be a STUPID decision so emblematic of this franchise's "quick-fix" thinking to trade a top 10 pick on a rookie deal for a max Ayton. That being said, a lineup of:

Luka
Kyrie
Green
Rookie (Hendricks?)
Ayton

is something I could get behind.

Last edited by tap2390; 05-01-2023 at 12:03 PM.
tap2390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2023, 01:15 PM   #398
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Not opposed to Ayton if we're giving up THJ/ Bertans/ Future 1st.... no way I give up #10 for him.

It would be a STUPID decision so emblematic of this franchise's "quick-fix" thinking to trade a top 10 pick on a rookie deal for a max Ayton. That being said, a lineup of:

Luka
Kyrie
Green
Rookie (Hendricks?)
Ayton

is something I could get behind.
Oh you know very well it's the 10th pick. Imagine Walker or Hendricks there and they trade it for Ayton. Fans gonna go nuts. As they should.

Old 05-01-2023, 02:31 PM   #399
Zeus

What is a potential Plan B if the one in 5 chance occurs and we lose the 10th pick? Also what is Plan C if that happens and Kyrie walks? Not enough cap space to make a huge splash in Free Agency from what I hear.

Last edited by Zeus; 05-01-2023 at 02:31 PM.
Old 05-01-2023, 03:10 PM   #400
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Oh you know very well it's the 10th pick. Imagine Walker or Hendricks there and they trade it for Ayton. Fans gonna go nuts. As they should.
We also essentially have no first-round picks

79.8% - IF WE KEEP THE PICK - 2023 (tradable on draft day) and 2027 (1-10)
2023 - cannot be traded until draft day and it becomes a player
2024/2025 - cannot be traded because of KP
2026 - cannot be traded because it might be right after 2025 pick that MIGHT go to Knicks. 2026 will become tradable if the 2024 pick confers, but we won't be able to touch the pick until the end of next season when lottery seeding is calculated.
2027 - can be traded
2028 - cannot be traded because of consecutive pick rule
2029 - traded for Kyrie (unprotected)
2030 - cannot be traded because of consecutive pick rule
2031+ - Cannot be traded because of the 7-year rule

20.2% - IF WE LOSE THE PICK (11-12) - 2025,2026, 2027 (but no two consecutive)
2023 - cannot be traded (goes to Knicks to finish KP deal)
2024 - cannot be traded until draft day (consecutive pick rule)
2025 - can be traded
2026 - can be traded
2027 - can be traded
2028 - cannot be traded because of consecutive pick rule
2029 - traded for Kyrie (unprotected)
2030 - cannot be traded because of consecutive pick rule
2031+ - Cannot be traded because of the 7-year rule

We only have two first-rounders we can trade no matter what: either 2023/2027 or 2025/2027.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 05-01-2023 at 03:21 PM.