Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 04-02-2004, 05:54 PM   #121
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:The absolute WORST movie you've ever seen.

Scorpion King and the Rock's new one looks almost worse.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2004, 07:29 PM   #122
Novice#41
Golden Member

Novice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to behold

All the Pretty Horses

one can only wonder what Thornton was thinking...or drinking. pure crap!
Novice#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 07:50 PM   #123
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

That's a damn good movie Novice...

Muriel's Wedding sucked donkey balls for all I'm concerned.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 07:59 PM   #124
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I take it back. After years of therapy I have unblocked my memory of Kangaroo Jack
Old 04-02-2004, 08:27 PM   #125
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

Quote:
I take it back. After years of therapy I have unblocked my memory of Kangaroo Jack
Oh my, I am so sorry. I never saw it, but pity anyone who did. You will be in my prayers.

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 08:30 PM   #126
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

One Crazy Summer.

Hands down.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 01:43 AM   #127
mercury_rev

mercury_rev will become famous soon enough

Mitchell

It stars Joe Don Baker as the self-titled detective.

The best (worst) scene has our hero in bed with his hooker girlfriend, lifting a half-consumed sixpack of Schlitz with his toe while they clumsily enjoy each other's company.

Couple that with a theme song by Hoyt Axton, and 'nuff said. Wonder if The Rock is willing to remake this 70's classic too.
mercury_rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 02:31 PM   #128
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

Almost anything that I had to take the Sock to see...

what was that one ?

Cancun: The movie .

Or something like that....totally vapid.
Old 04-03-2004, 04:28 PM   #129
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Some all-time bad ones:

Pootie-Tang
The Mirror Has Two Faces

Bad ones of last 12 months:

21 Grams
Secret Window
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 04:44 PM   #130
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: MavKikiNYC
Some all-time bad ones:

Pootie-Tang
The Mirror Has Two Faces

Now that's just something I can't let go. Pootie-Tang was funny....at least it was the night I watched it.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
Old 04-03-2004, 05:35 PM   #131
mavsman55
Platinum Member

mavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura about

I thought pootie tang was hilarious

the most pointless movie I've ever seen was my boss's daughter. It was kind of funny, but just boring and followed absolutely no plot structure.
mavsman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 06:45 PM   #132
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

I will stand by my assessment of PootieTang, ashamed to admit that I didn't walk out of the theater. I did, however, leave early for Schnoz Streisand's "Mirror Has Two Faces".

Also, after consulting my imdb.com file, I'll add "Elizabeth", "Runaway Bride", "Something to Talk About", "Sweet Home Alabama" , "Austin Powers-Goldmember", and "Crónica de un Desayuno", which I left after about 45 minutes.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 08:23 PM   #133
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

let's not forget 'gone fishing' and 'jury duty'

pootie tang was one of the worst movies in the history of cinema

anything with the wayans brothers...go ahead and put that on the crap list.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 09:21 PM   #134
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

It was not the worst, but I saw a truly horrific one yesterday & I feel I need to share my pain. "Sweet November" was on TV & my roommate wanted to watch. It was just SO. unfortunate.
Old 04-13-2005, 03:17 PM   #135
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

Without a doubt South of Heaven West of Hell...it was so bad I crawled up into the fetal position and rocked myself for 3 days in my bedroom closet. here's a link (but don't try to be a hero- b/c after you see this movie you will never be the same...it changes people...I used to be cool...but I've had no edge whatsoever since I saw this thing. Completely dull.)

south of heaven...
Old 04-13-2005, 04:13 PM   #136
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Default RE: The absolute WORST movie you've ever seen.

The Xerxes wedding video was pretty appauling.
Old 04-13-2005, 04:15 PM   #137
mavsman55
Platinum Member

mavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura about

I've hit the bottom.

Open Water was the most boring waste of life I've ever experienced in my short 16 years. Horrible filming (home-video/documentary style), poor acting (almost funny), pointless elements (an almost-sex scene where the wife is "not in the mood", however this scene has nothing to do with the plot at all), and a horrible ending all combined to make this movie the most pitiful piece of crap ever to be burned onto a piece of film. Ever.

The Grudge wasn't too impressive either.

I work at a video department in a grocery store, and we carry a movie called Frankenfish. They say "not to judge a book by its cover", but judging by the name and cover of this movie I can clearly assume that it sucks. Read about it here.
Old 04-13-2005, 04:22 PM   #138
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky
The Xerxes wedding video was pretty appauling.
I know it was. If I have to watch it again I will swerve into oncoming traffic...
Old 04-13-2005, 04:45 PM   #139
Phil Helmuth

Phil Helmuth is on a distinguished road

A Knights Tale. Hands down the worst movie ever made.
Old 04-13-2005, 04:50 PM   #140
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Dr. T and the Women.
Old 04-13-2005, 05:02 PM   #141
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

White Chicks

Cold Creek Manor

The Second 'Bridget Jones' movie
Old 04-13-2005, 05:09 PM   #142
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Boys was pretty G-d awful.
Old 04-13-2005, 06:07 PM   #143
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Gang of Roses
Twisted
Willard
Old 04-13-2005, 07:14 PM   #144
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Street Fighter: The Movie
Old 04-14-2005, 12:37 AM   #145
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally posted by: Evilmav2

Street Fighter: The Movie
...we can include the Mario Bros. movie, Mortal Kombat, and though I haven't seen it, i'm sure resident evil sucks too.
Old 04-14-2005, 09:19 AM   #146
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Guys alot of the movies yall are talking about either have a particular audience or redeem some small value by being so bad they are funny. The CUBE guys it was HORRIBLE not funny no possible audience just horrible. LXG was cute for what it was. Any movie that combines all those great literary characters is not the worst all time. A knights tale was pretty good. I heart huckabees isnt very good either. Had high expectations for it and it did not live up. not all time bad but me and my date were sitting there saying how can this many good actors make this bad of a movie.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 09:53 AM   #147
AnMan21

AnMan21 will become famous soon enough

Envy
AnMan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 12:43 PM   #148
MFFL41

MFFL41 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: irontoad
White Chicks
C'MOn, that was hilarious.

The worst I watched was Fate, a low budget film that looked good from the outside but sucked. You can never judge a book by it's cover

Old 04-14-2005, 01:05 PM   #149
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

That movie with Mr. Bean when he's a pretend 007. Can't remember the name but man I had to walk out of it in theatres.
Old 04-14-2005, 02:08 PM   #150
mavsman55
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Ninkobei
That movie with Mr. Bean when he's a pretend 007. Can't remember the name but man I had to walk out of it in theatres.
Johnny English.

And yes, it sucked. Any movie where Rowan Atkinson has to speak in complete sentences obviously isn't going to be good.
Old 04-15-2005, 09:06 AM   #151
mary
Troll Hunter

Does anyone remember "The Stuff"?? - at least I think that's what it was called. It was the story of killer marshmellow creme.

Hehe...I think I'll start calling KVB, "The Stuff".

Old 04-15-2005, 09:13 AM   #152
mary
Troll Hunter

Old 04-15-2005, 10:52 PM   #153
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

Hope Floats I don't why I watched the movie with my sister. It was 2 hours of pain. Honorable mention Down Periscope the only movie I walked out of.

Blair Witch , I slept through it. It can't be one of the worst of all time. Street Fighter was cheesy, but not nearly as bad as Mortal Kombat 2 .
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 11:00 PM   #154
capitalcity
Diamond Member

Quote:
Hope Floats I don't why I watched the movie with my sister. It was 2 hours of pain.
Try it again. This time turn the sound off.

I find watching Sandy Buttocks movies is made a lot easier sans audio.

Old 04-15-2005, 11:05 PM   #155
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks Sandra Bullock movies suck. One exception, off the top of my head, is A Time To Kill. I love that movie.

Old 04-18-2005, 01:17 AM   #156
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Speed 2........ actually, Anchorman might be worse.........

.....nah, Speed 2.
Old 07-08-2005, 03:40 PM   #157
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

This is kind of a fun thread. Any terrible ones lately?

BTW, I can not believe I read this entire thread and did not see Daredevil anywhere. C'mon people.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 03:54 PM   #158
Flip41

Flip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the rough

Evil Dead w/ Bruce whatever his name is. It was terrible.
Flip41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 05:21 PM   #159
mavs413
Golden Member

mavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: jthig32
This is kind of a fun thread. Any terrible ones lately?
The Honeymooners
Son of the Mask
Alone in the Dark
Kicking and Screaming

My all-time top 5 wost movies that I've seen:
#1. Santa with Muscles
#2. From Justin to Kelly
#3. You Got Served
#4. Spice World
#5. Kazaam
mavs413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 04:52 AM   #160
JLEEHASMUCHGAME

JLEEHASMUCHGAME will become famous soon enoughJLEEHASMUCHGAME will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky
Scorpion King and the Rock's new one looks almost worse.
I thought Scorpion King was pretty solid entertainment, fwiw. I thought the movie itself was screaming for the audience to not take it so seriously, but unfortunately, most critics didn't get the joke and would rate it as one of the worst ever. At one point, I think the Rock even winked at the camera. I'm not sure if I was laughing with the movie or at the movie, but regardless, I found it a good laugh. I enjoyed the WWF styled fight scenes set in those babylonian times.
JLEEHASMUCHGAME is offline   Reply With Quote