Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-13-2004, 11:52 PM   #1
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute
Default Welcome back, Mike

Your game-winning jumper tonight punctuated an excellent performance.

We've been missing a true second option on offense, and Finley is definitely that guy.

Since he's been back from injury, he's posting 24 ppg and 4.3 rpg while shooting 50% from the floor and the three-point arc!

Give the man some love.

Old 12-14-2004, 12:09 AM   #2
Psychedelic Fuzz
Platinum Member

Psychedelic Fuzz is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Welcome back, Mike

Fin deserves love, but not for his numbers (not just for his numbers anyway). He deserves love for getting in Curry's face and showing some fire tonight.

Psychedelic Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 12:11 AM   #3
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

He's now shooting 46% from the field and 47% from 3 point land which is good for 19.6 ppg. His rebounding is up to 4.5 again, dishing 2.5 assists, averaging a steal per game while turning it over at just over 1 (1.2) per game.
Old 12-14-2004, 12:14 AM   #4
ddh33
Platinum Member

ddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant future
Default RE:Welcome back, Mike

Can we please trade Finley? What does that guy ever do but play hard and make good plays for the Mavs? [img]i/expressions/anim_roller.gif[/img]
ddh33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 12:23 AM   #5
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Props to him. This Fin is reminding me of the Fin who was playing like he was one of the better players in the league during the beginning of the year of last season. What I really like is his defense. I'm liking what I see from him and it doesn't show up in the stat sheet so it really is never acknowledge but it's been good since his return this season. Even the homer in me didn't believe Finley would come back so early.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 12:26 AM   #6
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

You were gone enough for me to wonder what we were missing. Now I remember..... it was you.

Thank God you are back.
Old 12-14-2004, 12:35 AM   #7
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I think its funny when you guys address posts to the players...

it is more than good for this team having his influence and skills set on the floor. Good to see that sweet jumper again. I know I was on the other end of this argument in preseason, but it is clear now who the #2 option MUST be for this team.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 12:48 AM   #8
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Great clutch shooting all the way around fin. From the FTs to the end of quarter shots to the final one. Way to move into the lane and get within 12 feet for a good look..

Hell way to use your handles dude!!! Great job...Now let's go get two in a row tommorrow night.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 12:57 AM   #9
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

hi Fin, I'm sike.....a big fan.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 12-14-2004, 01:01 AM   #10
PepperTheMavsFan41

PepperTheMavsFan41 is on a distinguished road

All the Chi fans on R-GM.com are bitching about Dirk getting the Superstar treatment.

I say good!
I can kill cause in god I trust.
It's EVOLUTION baby.
PepperTheMavsFan41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 01:02 AM   #11
Mavs Rule
Platinum Member

Mavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to all

Congrats to Mike, not only for some clutch shooting tonight, but mainly for returning from his latest injury in fine form. This is the only time that I can remember where this has been the case. Usually he comes back too early and favors the injury instead of concentrating on the game. This usually results in a 2-3 week period to shake off the rust. Not this time though! Congrats Mike!

Mavericks team pic. Guess which one is Stack.
Mavs Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 01:05 AM   #12
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally posted by: PepperTheMavsFan41
All the Chi fans on R-GM.com are bitching about Dirk getting the Superstar treatment.
I think he does.....and I love it.

Old 12-14-2004, 01:10 AM   #13
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

On a night when Dirk's shot was completely off, Fin came up huge. His buzzer beater 3s at the end of 2nd and 3rd quarters were simply unbelievable! And then of course the game winning shot... this was truly a great performance from Fin. Hope to see many more.
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 01:14 AM   #14
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: PepperTheMavsFan41

I say good!
If he is... it's only 'cuz he deserves it!! This year Refs are favoring anyone that can put the ball down and take it to the hoop. And Dirk's as good as anyone doing that.

Old 12-14-2004, 01:44 AM   #15
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

If Chicago fans in the arena were to be believed, Dirk wasn't fouled all night, as they bitched at every...... single..... call.
Old 12-14-2004, 08:56 AM   #16
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

Dear Fin,

Great game last night, good to see you back. Call me when you get back in town so me and my boy Gary Trent can hang out with you.

Sincerely,

RCF
Real Clippers Fan

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 09:39 AM   #17
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Psychedelic Fuzz
Fin deserves love, but not for his numbers (not just for his numbers anyway). He deserves love for getting in Curry's face and showing some fire tonight.
Good point. I forgot to mention that, but I loved the way Finley responded to the hard foul. He got in Curry's face, and you could read Curry's lips. He was trying to defend himself, saying, "Mike, I was going for the ball!"

Gotta love the respect Finley gets from players around the league.
Old 12-14-2004, 12:24 PM   #18
jibikao

jibikao is on a distinguished road

I am glad Finely stepped up. Mavs definitely needs him back to his old form to be Elite again.

Dirk and Finely will be the most deadly shooters in the league!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

One thing funny thing I've read is that the guy that guarded Finely in Rocket said he "didn't" know Finely is a good shooter. God, not only THEY SUCK, but they also didn't do their homework before the game. Finely is the best 3pter on the team and he said "I didn't know...he would make the shots".

Sigh...for the Rocket fans. They have the WORST supporting cast ever. Watching Juwan Howard is just painfully funny.

Jimmy

www.keepshooting.com
jibikao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 04:56 PM   #19
V2M
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: jibikao
I am glad Finely stepped up. Mavs definitely needs him back to his old form to be Elite again.

Dirk and Finely will be the most deadly shooters in the league!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

One thing funny thing I've read is that the guy that guarded Finely in Rocket said he "didn't" know Finely is a good shooter. God, not only THEY SUCK, but they also didn't do their homework before the game. Finely is the best 3pter on the team and he said "I didn't know...he would make the shots".

Sigh...for the Rocket fans. They have the WORST supporting cast ever. Watching Juwan Howard is just painfully funny.

Jimmy
Not knowing is dumb but admitting to not knowing is dumber...