Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 06-27-2003, 09:12 PM   #1
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice
Default Cowboys predictions?

With Bill Parcells finishing off a hall of fame career with da boys where will this team finish. I say 8-8 they are improved at tight end with witten, and campbell, wide reciever with Glenn and with Ryan Young at tackle instead of solomn page. Will Chad finally win the job and show us that he is a good nfl quarterback or will he show hes just a baseball player in pads. Lets not forget the cowboys have arguably the best defensive backfield in football.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2003, 09:38 PM   #2
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

If they go 8-8 that would be a great job this year. Did you look at the schedule for the cowboys. I think this is the toughest schedule in 5 years for the cowboys.

My prediction is 7-9
Old 06-27-2003, 10:10 PM   #3
Tony tha Mavs fan

Tony tha Mavs fan is on a distinguished road

I'd have to go with 8-8 , Cowboys have a really tough schedule ,but i think with a solid offensive line the Cowboys can get some balls into the endzone. And the Cowboys are going to have one of the best defenses in the league this year. I think next year is the year the Cowboys get back into the playoffs. I hope Chad Hutchinson or Quincey Carter actually shows something this year, all that speed with the recievers and the addition of Witten should allow alot of completions. GOOO COWBOYS!!
Old 06-27-2003, 10:55 PM   #4
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

We are still rebuilding. Anyone thinking contention is dreaming. But things are looking up. 8-8 is stretching it b/c of the schedule & the huge gaping uncertainty at RB & QB. This year is a step in the right direction, as opposed to standing in quick sand like we've been doing all this time. 7-9 doesn't sound unreasonable.
Old 06-28-2003, 12:08 AM   #5
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I think 7-9 is a good choice. But I hope they kick ass.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2003, 01:26 AM   #6
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

It still is hard for me to digest the fact that Emmitt is not a cowboy. I will go to the Cowboys Vs Emmitt game to cheer for #22.
Old 06-28-2003, 02:33 AM   #7
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

they have an extremely tough schedule.

i see them going 6-10.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2003, 01:38 PM   #8
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

MAYYNNNnn@ Woodson, Roy Williams, and Newman. Hell I thought Derek Ross played pretty good last season with 5 picks. Every year I say they will go 8-8 and this year is no different. This year there is no excuses on the part of the qbs. Inexperience, coaching and the O-line isn't gonna factor into the play of the qbs. They have a fresh new start and if they don't peform any better then they have in the previous years it's time to look on. I still don't think this team even needs a good qb to win some games this year. Last year they went 3-3 with Quincy I think this D can bring them along games.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2003, 01:45 PM   #9
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I love the Cowboys, I just want that known before I convince you otherwise. I see us going 6-10 at best, but probably 5-11 again. The only thing allowing us a better record than last year (if that happens) would be our defense. I WANT us to have a bad year so Parcells will insist on us getting a solid QB. I still think the jury is out on Hambrick..... but I don't think he will cut it. Just look at his genes.

Anyway I say 5-11.
Old 06-28-2003, 05:53 PM   #10
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

Here is my pick by schedule :
Sep 7 Atlanta 4:15pm - L (0-1)
Sep 15 @N.Y. Giants 9:00pm - W (1-1)
Week 3 BYE
Sep 28 @N.Y. Jets 4:15pm - W (2-1)
Oct 5 Arizona 1:00pm - W (3-1)
Oct 12 Philadelphia 1:00pm - L (3-2)
Oct 19 @Detroit 1:00pm - W (4-2)
Oct 26 @Tampa Bay 1:00pm - L (4-3)
Nov 2 Washington 1:00pm - W(5-3)
Nov 9 Buffalo 4:15pm - L(5-4)
Nov 16 @New England 8:30pm - L(5-5)
Nov 23 Carolina 1:00pm - W(6-5)
Nov 27 Miami 4:05pm - L(6-6)
Dec 7 @Philadelphia 1:00pm - L(6-7)
Dec 14 @Washington 1:00pm - W(7-7)
Dec 21 N.Y. Giants 1:00pm - L(7-8)
Dec 28 @New Orleans 1:00pm - L(7-9)

I just figured Eagles will beat them twice, Giants once, Washington will lose both.

Old 06-29-2003, 09:26 PM   #11
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

Mandyahl will become famous soon enoughMandyahl will become famous soon enough
Default RE: Cowboys predictions?

i dunno. i will say 8-8 because i am in an optimistic mood and being at .500 would be awesome.