Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 02-11-2009, 12:04 AM   #81
dayman

dayman will become famous soon enough

i think we should wait it out, could we really afford to mix up our chemistry right now a 1/2 game outta 4th....to much of a risk if you ask me. I do think we should definitely go after a good 2 guard before the deadline.....salmons maybe
I'm a man who discovered the wheel and built the Eiffel Tower out of metal and brawn. That's what kind of man I am. You're just a woman with a small brain. With a brain a third the size of us...... It's science.

Last edited by dayman; 02-11-2009 at 12:05 AM.
dayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2009, 12:21 AM   #82
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think another 2 guard is going to get us over the top. We'll be better...but not as good a we would with a scoring center.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 12:24 AM   #83
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokey41 View Post
What's the point of keeping Kidd if we're not going to win a championship? You NEED to mix things up, or else Cuban might as well blow the whole damn thing up. His pockets are deep enough for Davis, and besides that, the real prize of the deal is Kaman (or Camby).

His contract may be horrible, but if he was motivated to win a ring (and i'd like to think all NBA players want to win at least one...), playing fourth fiddle to Dirk, Howard, and Kaman doesn't seem like such a bad role for him. Would he be an overpriced fourth option? Hell yeah, but what's the point of bragging about an owner with deep pockets if he's not going to use them?
He will (and curerntly does) use them. But this isn't baseball; you can't correct a mistake by simply spending more. Baron Davis has a horrendous contract. You can't tie yourself to that kind of deal long term and expect to be successful.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 12:28 AM   #84
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

why is 11million for a guy 29 "horrendous". It's not great but it's not much different than josh's is it? Or devins for that matter?
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 12:39 AM   #85
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
why is 11million for a guy 29 "horrendous". It's not great but it's not much different than josh's is it? Or devins for that matter?
What?

Davis is owed 54 million over the next four seasons (after this one).

Before last year (his contract year) Davis had averaged 56 games played over five seasons. His game is largely based on athleticism and has a history of knee problems (including two major knee surgeries).

It's a horrendous contract.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 02-11-2009 at 12:41 AM.
Old 02-11-2009, 12:54 AM   #86
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Kidd owns. enough said.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 01:18 AM   #87
eyedentifyme

eyedentifyme is a jewel in the rougheyedentifyme is a jewel in the rougheyedentifyme is a jewel in the rough

It's because Baron Davis is Penny Hardaway with bad knees all over again who only plays like 2 games per season. I would look into trying to get Camby by himself if we can without giving up Josh, Dirk, Kidd, and Terry. Bass is cheap and has more upside over Camby.

This Trade Succeeded! Go back to adjust your trade or start over.
Dallas Mavericks

Incoming Players
Photo: Marcus Camby
Marcus Camby
Salary: $10,000,000 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 11.6 REB: 12.7 AST: 2.2 PER: 20.29

Outgoing Players: Shawne Williams, Jerry Stackhouse, Brandon Bass, James Singleton

Los Angeles Clippers

Incoming Players
Photo: Shawne Williams
Shawne Williams
Salary: $1,572,960 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 2.8 REB: 3.1 AST: 0.1 PER: 7.58
Photo: Jerry Stackhouse
Jerry Stackhouse
Salary: $7,000,000 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 5.3 REB: 1.9 AST: 1.1 PER: 4.70
Photo: Brandon Bass
Brandon Bass
Salary: $826,269 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 8.4 REB: 4.5 AST: 0.5 PER: 15.44
Photo: James Singleton
James Singleton
Salary: $797,581 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 3.6 REB: 2.9 AST: 0.1 PER: 14.15

Outgoing Players: Marcus Camby

Kidd/Howard/Wright/Dirk/Camby ; Barea/George/Green/Hollins/Damp; Terry (injured);

Last edited by eyedentifyme; 02-11-2009 at 01:20 AM.
eyedentifyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 01:57 AM   #88
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

You sacrifice taking a horrible contract to be a contender because, once again, we aren't winning a championship as constructed. So if Cuban doesn't do something to improve (and overall this trade would certainly be an improvement) then he might as well blow it up. Pick an extreme, because being mediocore is something Cuban has always said he doesn't want to be... wake up Cubes, thats what we are.

I would take Davis and his horrible contract and try for a title for 3-4 more years than waste Dirks prime and hold on to him (likely a little too long) before trading him for something of value. Josh, Kaman, and Davis are all in their 20's and Dirk will not break down the way many big men do in his mid 30's (he doesn't go into the post and get roughed up as often as many PF's, I'm thinking he'll be more healthy than the average but thats just me).
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 03:16 AM   #89
eyedentifyme

eyedentifyme is a jewel in the rougheyedentifyme is a jewel in the rougheyedentifyme is a jewel in the rough

The Mavs Brain Trust said they're going to be giving Kidd a 1 year extension for around 10 mill. to 12 mill., Kidd will not turn that down because other teams are not going to give him that much. We will still be mediocre after this trade, see Phoenix Suns with talent in all 5 positions (Nash, Barbosa, Hill, Amare, Shaq) and they still aren't doing that good. A trade should get legitimate pieces to help us big time, not leave us being still mediocre; or a trade should give us some flexibility to rebuild on the fly like freeing up lots of cap space to sign 1 or 2 big time free agents, giving us some up and coming stars, and giving us a couple of draft picks. We've never been under the cap to be able to sign big time free agents. If you say we signed Finley or Dirk to big contracts, that's because they were already with this team.

Last edited by eyedentifyme; 02-11-2009 at 03:20 AM.
eyedentifyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 07:59 AM   #90
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

How do you know how this team will be with talent at all 5 positions? Dirk has had to do it almost completely by himself since Nash and Finley left. The reason we got owned by Miami, NO and GS in the playoffs is because they took him out and there was no one else to step up. You can't do that so easily when you got B. Davis, Kamby who can take the heat off Dirk offensively. I think we have a much better chance with those two than with Kidd who isn't an offensive threat and still allows teams to take Dirk out with double teams.

Let's just be honest about how things really are, Cuban won't do this trade only because then he would be admitting he made a mistake in the trade a year ago, and he's too stubborn to do that.

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 02-11-2009 at 08:02 AM.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 08:15 AM   #91
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokey41 View Post
You sacrifice taking a horrible contract to be a contender because, once again, we aren't winning a championship as constructed. So if Cuban doesn't do something to improve (and overall this trade would certainly be an improvement) then he might as well blow it up. Pick an extreme, because being mediocore is something Cuban has always said he doesn't want to be... wake up Cubes, thats what we are.

I would take Davis and his horrible contract and try for a title for 3-4 more years than waste Dirks prime and hold on to him (likely a little too long) before trading him for something of value. Josh, Kaman, and Davis are all in their 20's and Dirk will not break down the way many big men do in his mid 30's (he doesn't go into the post and get roughed up as often as many PF's, I'm thinking he'll be more healthy than the average but thats just me).
Well I completely disagree that this would make the Mavs a contender. That's the point.

I think folks are really affected by Davis' play in the that playoff series against us. He's very over rated on this board.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 02-11-2009, 08:17 AM   #92
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs View Post
How do you know how this team will be with talent at all 5 positions? Dirk has had to do it almost completely by himself since Nash and Finley left. The reason we got owned by Miami, NO and GS in the playoffs is because they took him out and there was no one else to step up. You can't do that so easily when you got B. Davis, Kamby who can take the heat off Dirk offensively. I think we have a much better chance with those two than with Kidd who isn't an offensive threat and still allows teams to take Dirk out with double teams.

Let's just be honest about how things really are, Cuban won't do this trade only because then he would be admitting he made a mistake in the trade a year ago, and he's too stubborn to do that.
How does this give us talent at all five positions? It's a downgrade at PG and an upgrade (in some areas) at center.

It's also a downgrade at SG because you will pay defensively much more often with Davis/Jet in the back court than you do right now with Kidd/Jet.

The only way you make this deal is if you are absolutely convinced that Kidd will walk this offseason and you don't feel confident that you can put the resulting cap space to use in 2010.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 02-11-2009, 08:25 AM   #93
MX425

MX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to all

At first I was all for this trade, but the more I think about it, the more I think shooting it down was the right move. Perhaps Cubes is hoping since the Clips did the calling they are getting desperate, and look what we did last year when we were desperate; way overpaid. If no one else will take this contract and they really want to shed payroll, maybe they will sweeten the deal with a yougn talent or Draft picks.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:31 AM   #94
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

I'd have to think twice about this thing....both Kaman and B-Dizzle miss a lot of games, and life belongs to those who show up.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:00 AM   #95
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
What?

Before last year (his contract year) Davis had averaged 56 games played over five seasons. His game is largely based on athleticism and has a history of knee problems (including two major knee surgeries).

Yep. Moreover, he is injury prone and his head is more outside the game than into it these days. If it was for Kaman only to press the trigger, I think Cubes would have thought more about it. Maybe if Kaman is healthy, even with the deadweight of Davis.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 10:37 AM   #96
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
I agree with this post. This would solve two problems that we have immediately. 1..a player who could get points during winnin' time. And 2. A center that can score.

I like jkiddo...but I don't see a problem with this deal.
It's looking like teams care more about saving money now than winning.

When I first heard about this I was livid but at the same time it shows the Mavericks can indeed get a pretty good deal with what they have to trade.

I don't really know what the FO is thinking. Do they want to win a championship or do they want to save money? Looking like the latter....

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 11:54 AM   #97
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
What?

I gagree with this.

And dang, I need to click on the "trade" section more often I guess. I had to hear it from Norm on the radio that the Mavericks turned down Kaman/Baron for Kidd.
Old 02-11-2009, 12:08 PM   #98
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Smart move by Cuban, if true.

Contact Me
Old 02-11-2009, 12:29 PM   #99
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

It could indeed turn out to be a smart move, even though I'm not sure I would've done the same thing if I'd been in Cuban's position. Maybe I'm just too desperate to see something happen. The hope for a championship remains, but when you have these hopes it's a little discouraging to go on with the current team and expect another first-round defeat in the playoffs. On top of that, we can't even be sure to make the playoffs due to JET's injury. Stack's contract alone likely won't get it done.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 01:01 PM   #100
alby
Guru

Since the 2-7 start (which I contribute to mainly Rick Carlisle getting his mojo back in coaching), we've gone 29-13 for a winning percentage of .690

Don't get me wrong, I am not completely satisfied with the make up of our current roster, but after allowing this trade scenario to soak in for a few days, I think it was the right decision for the franchise, both for today and for the future.

Furthermore, even though Baron Davis is my favorite point guard in the NBA (this was true before the 2007 series against Dallas), he ultimately would not guarantee us a championship. Baron has missed 144 games in the last 7 years for an average of 20.5 games a season. To put that in perspective, Dirk has missed a total of 30 games in 11 years and that is including all those ankle injuries, Karl Malone elbows, and the countless unfair suspensions from the NBA.

At initial hearing, I thought this would be a no-brainer. We would be getting back two starters while only giving up one, but it really isn't that simple especially with Kidd and Damp both respectively playing well this year for the Mavericks. One of the needs of the team is trying to acquire a low post scorer, but by no means does that mean you need a center to fulfill that need. You can pick up swingmen that play in the post and get to the FT line (Maggette and others). Also, I for one actually like the offensive and defensive capabilities of a Dirk/Damp front court.

Contact Me
Old 02-11-2009, 01:02 PM   #101
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

I hope Cubes turned down a Kidd for Davis/Kaman trade because he has a MUCH better trade lined up...

(here's to hoping...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 02:31 PM   #102
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby View Post
Since the 2-7 start (which I contribute to mainly Rick Carlisle getting his mojo back in coaching), we've gone 29-13 for a winning percentage of .690

Don't get me wrong, I am not completely satisfied with the make up of our current roster, but after allowing this trade scenario to soak in for a few days, I think it was the right decision for the franchise, both for today and for the future.

Furthermore, even though Baron Davis is my favorite point guard in the NBA (this was true before the 2007 series against Dallas), he ultimately would not guarantee us a championship. Baron has missed 144 games in the last 7 years for an average of 20.5 games a season. To put that in perspective, Dirk has missed a total of 30 games in 11 years and that is including all those ankle injuries, Karl Malone elbows, and the countless unfair suspensions from the NBA.

At initial hearing, I thought this would be a no-brainer. We would be getting back two starters while only giving up one, but it really isn't that simple especially with Kidd and Damp both respectively playing well this year for the Mavericks. One of the needs of the team is trying to acquire a low post scorer, but by no means does that mean you need a center to fulfill that need. You can pick up swingmen that play in the post and get to the FT line (Maggette and others). Also, I for one actually like the offensive and defensive capabilities of a Dirk/Damp front court.
What I initially failed to realize is that we would've needed a motivated AND healthy Davis. He's clearly had injury issues in the past, as you pointed out, and will probably continue to have them as he gets older, so your points are fairly justified. I was looking at his numbers and his impact on us during the playoffs two years ago, but a player doesn't help you on paper and when he's troubled with injuries. We would certainly have taken a risk if we had agreed to a trade.

Still, the option to have Kaman on our team as well for years to come looked intriguing to me. There aren't many centers of his calibre in this league with a reasonable contract. I can imagine worse scenarios than having Kaman under contract until 2012. We could have also used Damp's $12 million contract next February to improve other parts of the team. We can still do it, but we would somehow have to get a center in which seems difficult these days. After all, there are teams willing to pay a guy like Diop $6.5 millions a year.

Assuming that we don't trade Kidd, it takes away a great possibility to change this team and hopefully make it a contender. As great as he unquestionably is, his contract might be even better. Additionally, we can't even be sure to have him on the team next season.

I just hope that the front office has something in store that makes this team better. Granted we've been 29-13 after our slow start, but we've also lost twice to the Lakers, twice to the Nuggets, and once to the Spurs at home. We'd be likely to face one of those three teams in the first round of the playoffs.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 03:20 PM   #103
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

The 29-13 record is somewhat fools gold anyway... we've had so many close calls and 4th quarter rallies, probably "should've" lost 1-2 more games than we have.
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 03:28 PM   #104
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I hope Cubes turned down a Kidd for Davis/Kaman trade because he has a MUCH better trade lined up...

(here's to hoping...)
the only one (which is in the rumors as well right now) I could figure out would be Shaq/Barnes for JHo/Stack

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 03:32 PM   #105
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazi View Post
The 29-13 record is somewhat fools gold anyway... we've had so many close calls and 4th quarter rallies, probably "should've" lost 1-2 more games than we have.
The Miami Heat "should've" lost the Finals against us, but they didn't...

There ain't no style points in the NBA - the team with the most points on the board when the game clock expires is the winner (no matter how they pull it off...)

Old 02-11-2009, 03:58 PM   #106
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

"It doesnt matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winning's winning."
Old 02-11-2009, 04:46 PM   #107
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

(here's to hoping...)
With all of the rumors, they probably have plenty of doable deals that they are looking over.

Hopefully...

Why not try to get Kaman without giving up Kidd and without getting Davis back?

That would be something the org should press hard on. I could care less about Davis, but Kaman should still be tops on the radar.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 04:53 PM   #108
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Why not try to get Kaman without giving up Kidd and without getting Davis back?
Nobody ever said we weren't trying to... All I've heard so far is that Kidd for Davis/Kaman isn't happening - that doesn't mean another deal with the Clips isn't in the works...

(still - here's to hoping...)

Old 02-11-2009, 05:25 PM   #109
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

SOMETHING must be in the works, right? I don't see how we do better than Baron/Kaman. I love Kidd, love the intangibles but he doesn't get to the rim. At all. We would even still have Stack with which to get another defensive oriented guard to help out in that regard.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 05:54 PM   #110
NYMAVGUY

NYMAVGUY has a spectacular aura aboutNYMAVGUY has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietsavant View Post
Dirk is a special player. He needs help though, he can't play defense and he's PERCEIVED as not being tough. This makes people play him certain ways that are to his detriment.
NYMAVGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 06:02 PM   #111
NYMAVGUY

NYMAVGUY has a spectacular aura aboutNYMAVGUY has a spectacular aura about

How about, GET READY,

Kidd for Shaq. Shaq's game compliments Dirk's. Inside to Shaq nothing there shoot it back outside to Dirk. And without a question vice versa. and they can play slower because neither Run. I personally would compliment that trade with Ron Artest for JHo. Houston is ready to get rid of Artest.

What do you guys think about that?
NYMAVGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 06:03 PM   #112
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYMAVGUY View Post
How about, GET READY,

Kidd for Shaq. Shaq's game compliments Dirk's. Inside to Shaq nothing there shoot it back outside to Dirk. And without a question vice versa. and they can play slower because neither Run. I personally would compliment that trade with Ron Artest for JHo. Houston is ready to get rid of Artest.

What do you guys think about that?
Then who's our PG the next month? Barea? JET is hurt. Yuck.
Old 02-11-2009, 06:24 PM   #113
MX425

MX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs View Post
Then who's our PG the next month? Barea? JET is hurt. Yuck.
Agree with you on the PG for the next month. If felton had gone down I think i would be feeling fine. Not loving what we got for diop so far. I think Kidd needs to stay. Wasn't for this at first, and the idea he would resign in 30 days would be nice but what if he bolted.
Old 02-11-2009, 06:30 PM   #114
frankvizza

frankvizza will become famous soon enough

if we trade kidd , it has to be for kaman daves and camby , we will need to throw in bass , baron davis when healthy will win us a championship , look what he did to our 67 win season in the first rounf of the playoffs , kaman is dirks pal he will help us big time , and camby we no will be our defensive stopper ,, if we don;t do a bass lets do a dampier , lets win this championship ,
frankvizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 06:36 PM   #115
MX425

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankvizza View Post
if we trade kidd , it has to be for kaman daves and camby , we will need to throw in bass , baron davis when healthy will win us a championship , look what he did to our 67 win season in the first rounf of the playoffs , kaman is dirks pal he will help us big time , and camby we no will be our defensive stopper ,, if we don;t do a bass lets do a dampier , lets win this championship ,

clips won't take damp, dealing to save money.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:45 PM   #116
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

That's a lot of salary that the Mavs would be taking on. Davis and Kamen are always injured. I think this drives home a strong message that the Mavs want the cap space/flexibilty in 2010.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 02:33 AM   #117
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

Clippers center Chris Kaman is scheduled to return to practice, and possibly game action, next week.
He’s been out since late November with a strained left arch and the reports about his injury have been dismal, but coach Mike Dunleavy finally thinks he might be close to a return. "We should get him back for 25-plus games," Dunleavy said after Wednesday's game. While we're still not completely convinced he'll return to form this season, this news is a good reason to pick him up if you need a center and he's been dropped in your league. Feb. 12 - 1:55 am et

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
TheMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 02:57 AM   #118
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

Quote:
The Miami Heat "should've" lost the Finals against us, but they didn't...

There ain't no style points in the NBA - the team with the most points on the board when the game clock expires is the winner (no matter how they pull it off...)
Yeah, they should've. F'ng BS.

I don't think style matters, but it gives us an idea of what we can see in the future. our numerous close calls, + the fact that we've lost by 19+ 7 times shakes my confidence in how this team will perform in a best of 7. If we were blowing teams out more consistently, and lost 2-3 by 19+ instead of SEVEN, I'd feel much better about our beloved Mavs.
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 05:35 PM   #119
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

wrong thread

Last edited by MaVs 41 BaLler; 02-12-2009 at 05:35 PM.
MaVs 41 BaLler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 08:47 AM   #120
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of
Default Mavs recently rejected a deal on Baron Davis

The Mavs recently rejected a deal that would have sent them the Clippers' Baron Davis. Looking to move Davis, who they signed last summer to a free-agent contract in excess of $60 million, the Clippers wanted Jason Kidd in return. But Dallas doesn't want to move the former Net, whose contract comes off the books in July.
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
breaking news!!!!!!, flash report