Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 01-19-2008, 02:41 AM   #1
antoinewalker
Golden Member

antoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the rough
Default that new jordan commercial is awesome.

watching this commercial gave me goosebumps. nike/jordan commercials are all so amazing. their marketing campaigns are great.

http://www.nike.com/jumpman23/large_..._shoes_JTV.flv
antoinewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2008, 11:14 AM   #2
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

I'd like to copy the audio: music and the words... any guesses how I can do that anybody?
Old 01-19-2008, 11:22 AM   #3
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

"It's not about the shoes... It's not about the shoes"

"p.s. .... buy my shoes"
Old 01-19-2008, 01:18 PM   #4
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco

"p.s. .... buy my shoes"
Hahaha... You actually made me laugh out loud a bit on that one. One of your better sarcastic remarks on this site.

Very nice!
Old 01-19-2008, 05:20 PM   #5
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

i love jordan.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 07:55 PM   #6
MeMavsFan

MeMavsFan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdsanctuary
I'd like to copy the audio: music and the words... any guesses how I can do that anybody?

download audacity (audacity.com). It's a free audio recorder.
MeMavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 12:31 AM   #7
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

good video~~~
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 11:33 AM   #8
DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco

"p.s. .... buy my shoes"
exactly what i thought when i first saw it on tv.
Old 01-20-2008, 02:11 PM   #9
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

is the two second home video clip at the end of jordan as a kid? I can't tell.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 04:44 PM   #10
antoinewalker
Golden Member

antoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one
is the two second home video clip at the end of jordan as a kid? I can't tell.
i believe that is jordan. richard hamilton without the face mask and facial hair looks a lot like tyrus thomas.
Old 01-20-2008, 05:08 PM   #11
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMavsFan
download audacity (audacity.com). It's a free audio recorder.
Audacity will work if you want poor quality, considering you'd have to literally use a mic to record out of your computer speaker. Without some tinkering, that is. There is a way to configure your computer to basically record everything coming through your sound card. An explanation found through a quick Google search:

"Capturing outgoing sound from your sound card is actually a really simple task, and doesn't even require a special program!
First you need to access your computer's volume control. You can get there either by double-clicking the speaker icon on your task bar, or by going into your control panel, entering the sound and audio configuration window, and there clicking the "advanced" button in the volume panel. I'm sorry I can't give you the exact names for all these things... I run a Hebrew version of Windows XP.
Now in the volume control window go to the options menu, and click properties. You will have a choice between seeing playback and recording controls, so choose the latter and close the dialog. Now you will have a couple of volume sliders, with a check box saying "Select" beneath them. You need to select the output of your sound card. I have two such controls- "Wave encoder" and "Mono Out." Both work great for me. You might have something similarly named, but it depends on your sound card and system configuration, I guess. After you have selected the right control, you can now use any recording program to capture sound from your sound card!"

From this point, feel free to use Audacity or any other recording software (Audacity's really easy to use, that's probably your best route). Just click record and it'll record anything coming through your speakers.
Old 01-20-2008, 05:19 PM   #12
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

umm... when recording through audacity you don't have to use your mic to record it through the speakers..
Old 01-20-2008, 05:54 PM   #13
antoinewalker
Golden Member

i just noticed that carmelo's dunk in the commercial was against lebron james and st. vincent - st. mary high school.
Old 01-20-2008, 08:14 PM   #14
mav_love

mav_love is just really nicemav_love is just really nicemav_love is just really nicemav_love is just really nicemav_love is just really nicemav_love is just really nice
Default mp3

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdsanctuary
here you go:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/xfdfqs

you can thank Audacity for that.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:59 PM   #15
antoinewalker
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav_love
here you go:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/xfdfqs

you can thank Audacity for that.
that link doesn't work for me.
Old 01-20-2008, 11:30 PM   #16
mav_love

mav_love is just really nicemav_love is just really nicemav_love is just really nicemav_love is just really nicemav_love is just really nicemav_love is just really nice

http://fs08n1.sendspace.com/dl/a2240...uttheshoes.mp3
Old 01-21-2008, 12:04 AM   #17
destroy ALL

destroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nice

how could joe johnson make the commercial but not josh howard?!
destroy ALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 12:47 AM   #18
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

^because you're a homer.
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 02:46 AM   #19
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

jordan brand ftw.

so many memorable commercials. my favorite would probably be for the jordan xxi .. where he had the kids mimic his spectacular moments on the court.
Old 01-21-2008, 01:08 PM   #20
WraithXx
Diamond Member

WraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant future

My favorite Jordan commercial. I like it because it's dark and it's anti... instead of the "good guys" winning, the "bad guy" does
Old 01-21-2008, 03:29 PM   #21
fluid.forty.one

That commercial is awesome Wraith.
Old 01-22-2008, 10:34 AM   #22
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

Are you saying T.O. is a bad guy? I think he won. haha
Old 02-17-2008, 01:35 PM   #23
skylive321

skylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really nice

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BirIEDYrw0Y
skylive321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 04:01 PM   #24
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylive321
you're a f-ing moron. if that is your signature, you should be shot.
Old 02-17-2008, 04:47 PM   #25
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

Like it....
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 04:53 PM   #26
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of

Man, Josh looks like a real hardass.
Old 02-17-2008, 08:25 PM   #27
skylive321

skylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaggyDirk
you're a f-ing moron. if that is your signature, you should be shot.
Im headed to the store, if you want I can pick u up a new stick to put up ur a$$.. if the one up it right now is broken or malfunctioning.
Old 02-17-2008, 08:51 PM   #28
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

I'm not the moron making fun of a little kid.
Old 02-17-2008, 09:31 PM   #29
skylive321

Quote:
I'm not the moron making fun of a little kid.
No, you're my puppet with a stick up your rear.... its an observation that the kid has a big head.. And seeing as though congress is testing anyone with any sort of growth to their melon, he is the perfect punch line to my joke.. If you don't like? I suggest you use "your Xray vision superman, and look right through it, cause IT AINT COMING DOWN.." (wow, I just managed to plug in a REMEMBER the Titans quote..Im so smart.. Dont you think so shaggy? Now, be a good boy and go fetch scooby)

Last edited by skylive321; 02-17-2008 at 09:32 PM.
Old 02-17-2008, 09:43 PM   #30
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

Quote:
No, you're my puppet with a stick up your rear.... its an observation that the kid has a big head.. And seeing as though congress is testing anyone with any sort of growth to their melon, he is the perfect punch line to my joke.. If you don't like? I suggest you use "your Xray vision superman, and look right through it, cause IT AINT COMING DOWN.." (wow, I just managed to plug in a REMEMBER the Titans quote..Im so smart.. Dont you think so shaggy? Now, be a good boy and go fetch scooby)
showing your ass and proving my observation even more. you are a moron. Welcome to my ignore list.
Old 02-17-2008, 09:48 PM   #31
skylive321

Quote:
showing your ass and proving my observation even more. you are a moron. Welcome to my ignore list.
your ass means im mooning you.. might wanna edit that to you're an ass... better grammar.. aren't you glad we had this conversation.. now run along.. this conversation is getting dull. If you want those scooby snacks, you gotta fetch scooby, shaggy.. go boy..
Old 02-17-2008, 09:54 PM   #32
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

Quote:
your ass means im mooning you.. might wanna edit that to you're an ass... better grammar.. aren't you glad we had this conversation.. now run along.. this conversation is getting dull. If you want those scooby snacks, you gotta fetch scooby, shaggy.. go boy..
I wasn't saying "you are" an ass, idiot (but YOU'RE proving that as well). I was saying you are showing your ass. Do you need me to explain that as well?

Last edited by ShaggyDirk; 02-17-2008 at 09:55 PM.
Old 02-17-2008, 09:57 PM   #33
skylive321

Quote:
that was a short stint on your ignore list.. could I get on that ride once more.. this really is boring and I have a life.. but feel free to chat with yourself. Buh-bye..Ciao
Old 02-18-2008, 12:14 PM   #34
WraithXx
Diamond Member

WraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant future

skylive,

Old 02-18-2008, 02:57 PM   #35
skylive321

Quote:
Originally Posted by WraithXx
skylive,

i chuckled.. kinda crude humor though, but i liked it.
Old 02-18-2008, 04:21 PM   #36
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

beating women should not be acceptable humor on this forum

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"

Last edited by sike; 02-18-2008 at 04:22 PM.
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 06:19 PM   #37
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
beating women should not be acceptable humor on this forum
but, [edited to keep me out of hell] is okay...

(hint: it involves Shaggy's cat!)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 02-18-2008 at 06:19 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 10:57 PM   #38
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

wait, i thought wife-beating humor was ok? didn't we just trade for Jason Kidd?
Old 02-18-2008, 10:58 PM   #39
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeball
so many memorable commercials. my favorite would probably be for the jordan xxi .. where he had the kids mimic his spectacular moments on the court.
yes, that's my favorite as well. i think we had a thread on here dedicated to that commercial when it came out.