Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 05-31-2002, 10:06 PM   #41
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Because some people are so sensitive about the word it might still cause an undesired effect.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2002, 10:14 PM   #42
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

i was joking
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2002, 10:50 PM   #43
NotEnuffEyesToSee

NotEnuffEyesToSee is on a distinguished road

ArcticBlast, here's my answer...

"whether or not your gay is a personal issue"

I don't think so, it's definitely a social problem, every individual is a part of his society.
Your own words or behavior will affect and influence somebody else's life.
We are all one part of a huge chain ... There's no such thing as a personal matter IMO.
Like team comes first, Society comes first. you should look around before you decide ...
Eisenhower once as a President tried to persuad Gary Cooper not to break up with his wife
when he decided to divorce. Do you know why the former President did that?

"how does rooting for someone whose gay go against someone's beliefs?"

My belief is this ... Human being can learn things from Nature and must learn things from it,
because that's where we came from and where we belong.
When I take a look at nature, there's no gay monkey, no gay tiger ... you name it ...
I believe all of them are straight except human being, so I think men MUST follow that.
Rooting for gay people is against nature, therefore against my belief.
I'm also interested in Yin and Yang, it's a combination of man and woman,
and it's the basic idea about the entire universe ...

"If this is Christianity we're talking about here,
where does it say that you can't LIKE someone who is not straight?"

My personal belief is nothing to do with Christianity,
I'm not a Christian any more, and I don't believe in God.

"why are we using the word "fags"? That's as bad as the 'n' word."

Well, there're 2 types of gay people I believe, one is someone who's willing to change
their sexual orientation and the other is not willing and refuse the treatment.
and they're just constantly trying to prove that being gay is natural, I'm sick of that.
and I dislike the second group and I think they're real fags so I call them fags to
distinguish them from the first type.

"Now, here's the REAL question. If your dad told you that, would you still love him? "

If he truly loves my mom, then he can't be gay.
If he's gay, that means he's never loved my mom and just been faking and pretending and cheating us.
He's the leader of my family so it's like Michael Finley saying
"I've never loved Dallas Mavericks and I've been just faking and pretending".
The answer is no, maybe I'd still love him but at least I wouldn't love him like the way I did.

Finally, not being open to gay people doesn't mean that you're immature, I suppose.

Too many lives to lead Not enough time
It's too late
NotEnuffEyesToSee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2002, 10:59 PM   #44
Drbio
Banned

I damn sure don't want to get in the middle of this, but homosexual behaviour is well documented in the animal world. Very well documented. I just wanted to toss that out there.
Old 05-31-2002, 11:05 PM   #45
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

what is the argument here?
whether it's right or wrong?..
well, that's debateable..if you take the literal translation from the Bible, it is wrong.
If you don't follow that, then you can say it's not wrong.

however, i'm hoping we don't get into things like that.
Hopefully we can simply decide not to be soo offensive and watch how we speak to other people
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2002, 11:12 PM   #46
NotEnuffEyesToSee

Drbio, maybe I was wrong about that, but what is the definition of homosexual behavior in the animal world?
Just hugging and kissing can be homosexual behavior? I'm just curious ...
It's too late
Old 05-31-2002, 11:16 PM   #47
Drbio
Banned

Homosexual behaviour in animals includes hugging, grooming, kissing, and of course sex. It's documented across numerous species. The most common study that was recently published involved orangutans. Other primates are well documented as are some birds, elephants, horses, and too many others to mention.
Old 05-31-2002, 11:21 PM   #48
Drbio
Banned

BTW, sex in that last post includes oral sex, anal sex, and traditional sex as well as manual stimulation and masturbation.
Old 05-31-2002, 11:42 PM   #49
NotEnuffEyesToSee

Oh well, I guess I have to take back my word about "must learn from nature"....
Rape and incest activity also happen a lot in nature ...
It's too late
Old 05-31-2002, 11:48 PM   #50
Drbio
Banned

NEETS- I wasn't trying to bash you or anything, I just saw a statement that I know to be different. My apologies if you were offended. I just wanted to put that out there.
Old 06-01-2002, 12:01 AM   #51
NotEnuffEyesToSee

NO I don't feel offended ... Thanks for your info ... Everyday is a learning day for me [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] ...
You don't have to apologize ...
It's too late
Old 06-01-2002, 12:08 AM   #52
Drbio
Banned

I just wanted to make sure you knew I wasn't bashing you here. Thanks.
Old 06-01-2002, 02:20 AM   #53
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of

Getting back to the original post, don't you think it is a sick world when a baseball catcher's sexuality is brought into question?

I couldn't care less of what persuasion he was, as long as he can catch the damn thing as a runner is coming into home plate.

The journalist should not be sacked, but held up to public ridicule. Maybe this will help alter public perceptions.

I'm not gay myself, but I am all for personal liberty. I fear standing in judgement of other people because I know that there is only one judgement that counts.

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2002, 02:56 AM   #54
veruca salt
Platinum Member

veruca salt will become famous soon enough

In a lot of species the female goes on to kill the male after mating too.
Just another thing to think about.

Smile like you mean it
veruca salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2002, 04:06 AM   #55
ArcticBlast

ArcticBlast is on a distinguished road

>>I don't think so, it's definitely a social problem,<<

...A social PROBLEM?! Problem. Well, that's certainly an opinion, not a fact. I don't remember the last time I hurt anyone with my bisexuality. There's this thing in America called freedom. It goes for my sexual orientation as well as yours.

>>Your own words or behavior will affect and influence somebody else's life.<<

Yeah. You're effecting me with your heterosexuality. Ew. Get it away. Why don't you get some treatment to make you gay?

>>Like team comes first, Society comes first. you should look around before you decide ...<<

You know, if being bi were wrong to me, I wouldn't be bi. Therefore, I don't think I'm hurting society. I don't hurt society like a drinker or smoker does, yet THAT is considered okay. I don't hear any of you all saying how you couldn't root for a player because they drink. Or even because they do steroids. For heaven's sake, how is being gay worse than that?

>>Eisenhower once as a President tried to persuad Gary Cooper not to break up with his wife
when he decided to divorce. Do you know why the former President did that?<<

What does homosexuality have to do with divorce? Sorry, you lost me here. I don't believe that divorce is moral. Still doesn't mean I'm going to stop loving my mom.

>>When I take a look at nature, there's no gay monkey, no gay tiger ... you name it ...
I believe all of them are straight except human being, so I think men MUST follow that.<<

Well, you're wrong. This has already been pointed out.

>>I'm also interested in Yin and Yang, it's a combination of man and woman,
and it's the basic idea about the entire universe ...<<

Yin and Yang is the combination of masculine and feminine, actually. Not dick and vagina.

>>Well, there're 2 types of gay people I believe, one is someone who's willing to change
their sexual orientation and the other is not willing and refuse the treatment.<<

There is no TREATMENT. Psychologists threw that out back in the 50's. Only uber-religious freaks say it works now. And even if there were, you've got to understand that people don't all believe the same things. I don't believe that being bisexual is any kind of crime against nature or man or divinity. I feel no need to change WHO I AM for someone like you.

>>and they're just constantly trying to prove that being gay is natural, I'm sick of that.
and I dislike the second group and I think they're real fags so I call them fags to
distinguish them from the first type.<<

Well, call me a fag from now on. And dislike me too. That's fine with me. Because it IS natural. And I WON'T change. Ever. Homosexuality is not a disease.

>>Finally, not being open to gay people doesn't mean that you're immature, I suppose.<<

I don't agree. I'm sorry.

Why do you care so much who is in someone else's bed? Would you like a full report from everyone you meet listing whom they've slept with?

I hope one day you know how this feels. To be hated for the people you love. To be hated for who you are. It makes me tremble inside. It makes me feel helpless because I know that there are some people in this world that won't dislike me because of something I do to them or something tangible. They'll dislike me because I love people for their hearts, souls and spirits instead of what's between their legs.

I hope one day you can have enough eyes to see through someone else's.
Old 06-01-2002, 10:42 AM   #56
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

<< In a lot of species the female goes on to kill the male after mating too.
Just another thing to think about.
>>

Among humans, that's called 'alimony'.

&lt;Just kidding.&gt;
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2002, 06:19 PM   #57
veruca salt
Platinum Member

veruca salt will become famous soon enough

Thank you Artic &amp; MavKiki.
Artic for a great post, and Mavkiki for making me laugh
after I got so worked up by reading this thread [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Smile like you mean it
veruca salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2002, 06:23 PM   #58
Drbio
Banned

Ultimately, it is none of our business how anyone feels. I will not judge people for being homosexual/heterosexual/etc and I will not judge NEETS for his views. The bottom line is that it is a personal issue and we all must decide what is comfortable for ourselves.