Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-09-2010, 11:40 PM   #1
She_Growls
Golden Member

She_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to all
Default Fire Carlisle

I am done and not one for a lot of words----Carlisle has lost this team and me too! Enough of this BS....

MFFL
She_Growls is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2010, 11:45 PM   #2
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

No
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 11:45 PM   #3
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

agreed. he has no control over this team. just like that one team he coached in 2005. starts najera at center. benched dirk. plays jjb instead of roddy. players don't respect him. time for a change

Last edited by xrobx; 02-09-2010 at 11:49 PM.
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 11:47 PM   #4
Razor55

Razor55 will become famous soon enough

Seriously?

anyone that says "Fire Carlisle" is doing a bit.
Razor55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 11:47 PM   #5
xavier

xavier is a jewel in the roughxavier is a jewel in the roughxavier is a jewel in the rough

WTF are you talking? We dont need to fire carlisle!!! We need a trade and we need to stop being such a soft team. We were doing good for a while but as of lately were soft, unmotivated, scared, and have no chemistry. I believe Carlisle isn't the problem!
xavier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 11:56 PM   #6
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Carlisle is not the problem but you have to also remember that Carlisle didn't help build this team Cuban and Donnie did...Carlisle is just working with what he has, Cuban and Donnie thought to could get away with Gooden as a back up center and now look guys are taking the ball in the paint at will.

Last edited by Thomas86; 02-09-2010 at 11:57 PM.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:58 PM   #7
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

This just isn't a very good team. I don't think any coach would have them playing much better right now. Earlier this year I always got the sense that they were overachieving. I think their play now is more indicative of their talent/skill level. We've got a 31 year-old Dirk Nowitzki surrounded by a bunch of ill-fitting pieces, many of whom are 30+. I mean really, what do you expect. Without Dampier, our frontcourt is pretty lousy, and our backcourt is terrible any way you slice it. We've got one of the oldest rosters in the league, and the talent level doesn't begin to compensate for it. It's just a mediocre team.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 02-09-2010 at 11:59 PM.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 12:11 AM   #8
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

I have to agree. Carlisle is a good coach... Jackson/Brown/Pop don't grow on trees.

This team is just poorly constructed... i dont even know that a trade can mitigate that. Maybe Carlisle has lost the team... but so did Avery... so does that mean the problem is perhaps the team and not the coaches? I dunno fellsa

Disheartening way to enter the ASB.
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 12:34 AM   #9
aurelino9

aurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to all

Don't need to fire him but we need to play some D and run some real offensive sets.

Last edited by aurelino9; 02-10-2010 at 12:34 AM.
aurelino9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 12:35 AM   #10
quietsavant

quietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud of

Get out of here with this idiotic suggestion. close thread/

The good Ol days : Click
quietsavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 12:38 AM   #11
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
This just isn't a very good team. I don't think any coach would have them playing much better right now. Earlier this year I always got the sense that they were overachieving. I think their play now is more indicative of their talent/skill level. We've got a 31 year-old Dirk Nowitzki surrounded by a bunch of ill-fitting pieces, many of whom are 30+. I mean really, what do you expect. Without Dampier, our frontcourt is pretty lousy, and our backcourt is terrible any way you slice it. We've got one of the oldest rosters in the league, and the talent level doesn't begin to compensate for it. It's just a mediocre team.
Agreed.

A lot of people talk about the talent that's on this team, but I honestly don't think this team is that talented a group. We have a ton of guys who are clearly on the downside of their career and cannot do what they used to. That's including Kidd, Marion, and Jet. All three once very good players, including a bonafide hall of famer, but age catches up to everyone. Those three were counted on to take the load off of Dirk, and all three have underachieved and have not solved anything. They are now role players who are not number 2 or 3 options on a good team. No need to even bring up JHo, we know what he was, and unfortunately how far he's dropped. He's not even a role player on this club IMO.

And then you have Dirk that is now being asked to carry an entire team on his back and the guy can't do it. He's 31 years old, he's been beaten up on his career, and that time off in the offseason is now null because he's asked to play 40+ minutes a night. The one thing that has struck me about this team is their inability to put teams away. They just can't do it. In years past the team was able to get a few defensive stops, and translate that into good offense on the other end and just suffocate the opposition. This year every single game seems to go down to the wire no matter who the competition or whether we're home or away. They just can't bury a team anymore. That consequently leads to more high intensity minutes for Dirk which has lead to less than uberman play on his part as the season has wore on when in reality this team needs him to play like an MVP every single night. Anything less and this team does NOT have another option to go to. That's the reality.

Now, here's the deal. This trade deadline is pivotal. OR if they stand pat, this offseason is pivotal. If they're able to get another big man, and a second star next to Dirk, then we have a legitimate shot at something. BUT, if we can't make a major splash, then this team simply is not a contender, and honestly, as one of the oldest teams in the league, if we're not a contender now then they never will be with Dirk on the team. It's a harsh reality but that's what it's come too. And this is not me being reactionary to a bad game, or talking out of my rear end. This is me reacting to a 2 month stretch of games where Dirk has not been able to bail out the team's play like he did the first month, and the fact that the core of this team is just very old.

One things for sure, this all star break could not come at a better time. This team needs time away from the court, with them slip sliding down in the western conference standing. I'm very much looking to all star weekend, and a goosebump moment when Dirk is announced as an all star in front of 75-90,000 in Dallas Texas.

Last edited by twistaeffect2004; 02-10-2010 at 12:40 AM.
twistaeffect2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 12:41 AM   #12
She_Growls
Golden Member

She_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to all

[QUOTE=quietsavant;1064039]Get out of here with this idiotic suggestion. close thread/[/QUOTE
Why do some people reduce themselves to name calling when others simply disagree? BTW, I appreciate the feedback from the everyone....nice discussion and opinions.

MFFL
Old 02-10-2010, 12:43 AM   #13
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

This team started out the season real well. Something happened with everyone's mindset. I think they are tired of Carlisle. We need a fresh new coach that will give Beaubois more playing time. Barea, Terry, and Kidd don't deserve to take all the minutes away from Beaubois. Howard and Dirk look disinterested as well.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 12:51 AM   #14
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

I've been on RC all year. His coaching has been downright deplorable this year. I thought he was much much better last year. His moves, rotations, lack of motivation, ect. this year have just been down right inexplicably moronic at times. I'm all for a coaching replacement, though right now there's no one better on the market- unless JVG is interested in leaving the booth.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 12:52 AM   #15
She_Growls
Golden Member

I agree with you mavsfan. It was hard watching Dirk's body language tonight, which really speaks volumes for this team. Something has surely went wrong since the beginning of the season. I don't understand the rotation or Carlisle's refusal to play Beaubois any significant minutes....

Last edited by She_Growls; 02-10-2010 at 12:54 AM.
Old 02-10-2010, 12:55 AM   #16
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by She_Growls View Post
I agree with you mavsfan. It was hard watching Dirk's body lanuage tonight, which really speaks volumes for this team. Something has surely went wrong since the beginning of the season. I don't understand the rotation or Carlisle's refusal to play Beaubois any significant minutes....

That last part really puzzles me. How does Roddy not see major minutes in a game where the Mavericks were out of it at the opening tip? I can understand Roddy making mistakes, that's gonna happen. But when nothing is on the line, let the kid play and get some experience out there.
Old 02-10-2010, 12:58 AM   #17
Zki41

Zki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to all

Maybe Carlisle is purposely using bad rotations so that we can lose enough games to motivate Cuban and Donnie to make a trade ... though the window of opportunity is growing small rather quickly.
Zki41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 01:08 AM   #18
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough

the best way to put it is that this team doesnt need need a patch to fix the leak it needs a whole new tire!!!!
clutch#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 01:27 AM   #19
Thomas86
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zki41 View Post
Maybe Carlisle is purposely using bad rotations so that we can lose enough games to motivate Cuban and Donnie to make a trade ... though the window of opportunity is growing small rather quickly.
Or maybe the players are trying to get RC fired you never know........
Old 02-10-2010, 01:35 AM   #20
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

My guess is that the reason Roddy isn't getting burn is that he can't get stuff down in practice. It would be irresponsible of a coach to just toss him out there anyway, not to mention less then optimal for the player's development.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 01:47 AM   #21
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas86 View Post
Or maybe the players are trying to get RC fired you never know........
You're always searching for ulterior motives, aren't you?
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 02:06 AM   #22
Thomas86
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
You're always searching for ulterior motives, aren't you?
I mean you act like I the only one "searching for ulterior motives" in this thread go look at the other post man.

you know what man.....I'm not even wasting my time, so this will be the last time I respond to any of your post unless it's directed towards me, go pick an argument so with somebody else becuase I'm not doing this back and forth thing that you seem to want to do.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:09 AM   #23
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

RC: "I like this team. We’ve had struggles, but we’re going to keep pushing."

We like our team. That's a real quote fyi.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 02:25 AM   #24
Romus

Romus is infamous around these partsRomus is infamous around these parts

I think Carliste must leave !!!
This team goes in the wall !
Romus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 02:36 AM   #25
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
RC: "I like this team. We’ve had struggles, but we’re going to keep pushing."

We like our team. That's a real quote fyi.

I don't know what people expect him to say. Of course he says he likes the team, it's an approach used to not belittle nor aggravate a team that is already reeling. I can guarantee that what is said behind the scenes and what's said in a public forum are different. He's simply protecting his players.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:50 AM   #26
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas86 View Post
I mean you act like I the only one "searching for ulterior motives" in this thread go look at the other post man.

you know what man.....I'm not even wasting my time, so this will be the last time I respond to any of your post unless it's directed towards me, go pick an argument so with somebody else becuase I'm not doing this back and forth thing that you seem to want to do.
Sensitive much!

Don't worry about Dirkadirkadirka. He's our resident guy who pops in on occasion with one debate point or another but brings nothing of his own. His only purpose here is to make sure you are sure about what you say.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 03:21 AM   #27
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
Sensitive much!

Don't worry about Dirkadirkadirka. He's our resident guy who pops in on occasion with one debate point or another but brings nothing of his own. His only purpose here is to make sure you are sure about what you say.
It's good to know I've found my niche in the dallas-mavs.com community.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 03:32 AM   #28
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
It's good to know I've found my niche in the dallas-mavs.com community.
You should be. It's a lot better than being the guy who bitches about the Kidd trade.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:35 AM   #29
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
You should be. It's a lot better than being the guy who bitches about the Kidd trade.
I hate that guy!
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 03:48 AM   #30
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
I hate that guy!
He's not so bad once you get to know him. He is a bit strange though. He wears sandals...

Old 02-10-2010, 04:13 AM   #31
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe the talent and focus just isnt there? Maybe instead of kneejerking, you should think to yourself before posting: is there a coach out there that could make this team grow a spine and a pair of testicles and suddenly compete?

I honestly think we are what we are and other than Beaubois, the guy is doing the best he can with a bunch of sissy quitters, and a vastly overrated group of talent. The guys he has all have problems and the team isn't nearly as talented as people would like to believe. Plus, Damp's our best shot at center, and he's been injured more than most fans know.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 04:17 AM   #32
41N

41N is a glorious beacon of light41N is a glorious beacon of light41N is a glorious beacon of light41N is a glorious beacon of light41N is a glorious beacon of light41N is a glorious beacon of light41N is a glorious beacon of light41N is a glorious beacon of light

i really didn't expect a win against the nuggets without our defense (damp and marion) but i also didn't expect such a bad rotation. carlisle destroys roddy with his substitutions. if he makes just one mistake, he must go to the bench (ONE missed shot against the nuggets was enough) but if barea makes mistakes, he can stay on the court. i can't understand this...
i think carlisle simply doesn't have a clue what he's doing. in addition he obviously lost the connection to the team. i don't say that cuban should fire carlisle but the development of the team isn't progressing, we only see the reverse. if thats not going to end, i would be happy to reach the playoffs...
cya 41N
41N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 04:17 AM   #33
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistaeffect2004 View Post
I don't know what people expect him to say. Of course he says he likes the team, it's an approach used to not belittle nor aggravate a team that is already reeling. I can guarantee that what is said behind the scenes and what's said in a public forum are different. He's simply protecting his players.
I just remember Nellie just insulted the team to the media at every opportunity. Maybe it was a motivational tool, but saying "we just arent a good team" and "we just dont have that much talent" over and over seemed to get a lot of people riled up.

Instead we get a coach thats trying to be optimistic despite having a team crumbling away in front of his eyes and I think he's being pretty politic despite it all. He knows we arent going anywhere but its not a coach's duty to publicly come out and say "yeah we need to trade Josh and get 'Gasoled'".
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 05:01 AM   #34
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

Even if Carlisle is a great coach, he's definitely one of the reasons why the Mavs are playing like they are playing.

Players not playing hard is on the coach, he has to find a way to fire them up, whatever it takes.

...and starting Najera is a very idiotic move.

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 05:07 AM   #35
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

...as if a coaching change is all we need to beat the Nuggets (or Lakers or Cavs or you name it)...

Seriously, the way this team has been playing lately, I'm not even willing to think about Carlisle. I'm not saying that he's perfect, but we have issues way beyond the coaching staff, most notably a lack of talent.

When Carlisle was hired, he was considered as "Mr. Right Now" instead of "Mr. Right" due to the small amount of good coaches available. If our FO had had a chance, they would have hired Jackson or Popovic, but they weren't available. And they aren't available now.

So to all those who say that Carlisle is a major part of our problems and want him gone, who would be his successor?
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 05:12 AM   #36
cinemablend

cinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to all

Concrete reasons to fire Carlisle:

- The team isn't listening. Doesn't matter how good a coach he is, if the team isn't listening then he's useless.

- Team is unmotivated and seemingly unprepared. That's on the coach.

- His rotations are insane. Lately he's been coaching like his team is playing hockey. He's wearing out old players, giving younger players such inconsistent time they can't develop or learn or really show what they've got. Players who play good defense like Ross, can't get on the court, even though everyone else sucks and defense is what they need.

- An extension of the above: Roddy isn't getting the minutes he should even in garbage time. It's hurting his development and by extension this team's future.

- Dirk hates him. I don't think Dirk has ever liked him. He's never sounded like a big Carlisle fan. But now... he's clearly done with the guy.

- A trade won't fix the team's motivation... unless you trade ALL of the players. You can't do that, so you need a new coach.
cinemablend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 06:22 AM   #37
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by She_Growls View Post
I am done and not one for a lot of words----Carlisle has lost this team and me too! Enough of this BS....

MFFL
I tend to agree with you that we need a change, Carlisle has lost this team. Sorry to hear you are done and just because the coach has lost this team, does not mean you have to go. Fandonship is not all about wins, you have to take the good with the bad.
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 06:46 AM   #38
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

You can't fire a coach just because the team's hit a slump.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 09:24 AM   #39
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

The Players needs to step it up, no blame on RC!
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 09:40 AM   #40
tsar

tsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinemablend View Post
Concrete reasons to fire Carlisle:

- The team isn't listening. Doesn't matter how good a coach he is, if the team isn't listening then he's useless.

- Team is unmotivated and seemingly unprepared. That's on the coach.

- His rotations are insane. Lately he's been coaching like his team is playing hockey. He's wearing out old players, giving younger players such inconsistent time they can't develop or learn or really show what they've got. Players who play good defense like Ross, can't get on the court, even though everyone else sucks and defense is what they need.

- An extension of the above: Roddy isn't getting the minutes he should even in garbage time. It's hurting his development and by extension this team's future.

- Dirk hates him. I don't think Dirk has ever liked him. He's never sounded like a big Carlisle fan. But now... he's clearly done with the guy.

- A trade won't fix the team's motivation... unless you trade ALL of the players. You can't do that, so you need a new coach.
I'm not even going to try to break all that down because it's just one hobbled mess. What did Jackson ever do with Kobe and a bunch of scrubs? Nothing. It takes talent to have a good team, and we just don't have it.

This one is interesting too:
"- Dirk hates him. I don't think Dirk has ever liked him. He's never sounded like a big Carlisle fan. But now... he's clearly done with the guy."

Clearly? What insider information do you have? I love people making random statements as if they are some sort of facts.

Tags
kiss the ring bitch, penis, spoiled petulant fans, this ---->, thread diarrhea