Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 12-21-2008, 02:22 AM   #121
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

So, do the Cowboys control their own destiny if either the Falcons OR the Bucs lose tomorrow?

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-2008, 02:23 AM   #122
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

The other thing about Roy is that he doesn't have to be wide open to make a play. He's an acrobatic receiver and if you put the ball around him he'll go get it. That's why I brought up the fade routes in the end zone. Tony's not even close on those throws.
Old 12-21-2008, 02:26 AM   #123
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

pure disgrace.

jason garrett needs to be run out of town as fast as possible. i've never seen an offense without the ability to get the football to its receivers.
Old 12-21-2008, 02:30 AM   #124
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
It's not Roy, it's Tony. Roy is running wide open for a significant percentage of the game, and that's with plantar fascitis. I had two buddies at the game tonight who both independently commented that Roy was consistently beating his man.

The guy is a playmaker, just like TO. He has a chance to be as good as TO by the time he hits his prime. I'm really disappointed that he and Tony haven't gotten a rapport yet.
I have no doubt in Roy's skills and what not...but I mentioned this when Roy came in and Romo was hurt: it was the worst time for that trade to happen, for the short term. I'm sure they will be ok going into next year and beyond but who really cares about that right now?

I'm not going to pretend to know the ins and outs of QB to WR connections, but if you just became teammates, there needs to be several workouts together I would imagine to get on the same page. Maybe they have had all of that and it's still crap and that's on Romo. Whatever it is...it's not right.
Old 12-21-2008, 03:11 AM   #125
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
I have no doubt in Roy's skills and what not...but I mentioned this when Roy came in and Romo was hurt: it was the worst time for that trade to happen, for the short term. I'm sure they will be ok going into next year and beyond but who really cares about that right now?

I'm not going to pretend to know the ins and outs of QB to WR connections, but if you just became teammates, there needs to be several workouts together I would imagine to get on the same page. Maybe they have had all of that and it's still crap and that's on Romo. Whatever it is...it's not right.
It's not helping that Roy has the fascitis and can't practice that much. But Romo really doesn't look his way a whole lot, and when he does, he doesn't always throw great balls. Roy had 1 on 1 on that fade to the corner of the end zone and Tony threw it about 5 yards out of bounds.

Old 12-21-2008, 03:13 AM   #126
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000 View Post
The other thing about Roy is that he doesn't have to be wide open to make a play. He's an acrobatic receiver and if you put the ball around him he'll go get it. That's why I brought up the fade routes in the end zone. Tony's not even close on those throws.
Roy has some sick hands hen given the opportunities. You're absolutely right. That just makes it all the more frustrating that he's not getting more opportunities.

Old 12-21-2008, 04:15 AM   #127
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I'm still shocked by that 4th quarter.

Those two running plays were just inexplicable defensive gaffes.

Pretty hard to say that defense is elite after that.
Old 12-21-2008, 04:17 AM   #128
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I don't even know who to be mad at.

Romo was horrendous in the first three quarters. Horrendous. He missed two throws for touchdowns that would have put this game out of reach.

But, Romo put together two touchdown drives against that fantastic defense when the chips were in the middle, and the defense choked in the most epic of ways.

There were fumbles on the ground that would have sealed the game. There was the fake FG. There was the penalties on third down. Uggg.

Props to Witten for playing his heart out while clearly very, very injured.

A month and a half until pitchers and catchers report. Kill me.
Oh come on.

Vikings over altanta tomorrow and all the Cowboys have to do is beat the Iggles.

It's in the bag. DAL@ ARI
Old 12-21-2008, 04:43 AM   #129
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Beating the Eagles in Philly = not a sure thing.

If Mcgahee and McClain tourched us for 77 and 82 yards, what's Westbrook going to do?

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 12-21-2008 at 04:45 AM.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 05:22 AM   #130
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Wow. Just saw the recap. Ravens obviously purchased new sport shoes.
Old 12-21-2008, 07:33 AM   #131
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post

That's what happens when you leave your defense on the field for the entire game - they get tired & make mistakes...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 08:06 AM   #132
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

GuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

It doesn't help when the offense is on the field and leaves after just a few plays. It wore out on the defense after a while. At the beginning of the game, you thought that the Cowboys defense was going to go lights out and be super raw the entire game with Ware's sack, forced fumble, etc. Then, Derrick Mason, Willis McGahee, McClain, and Mr. Joe Flacco happened in the second half.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 08:19 AM   #133
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

It's kinda sad that a rookie QB came in to Dallas, had 0 interceptions to Romo's 2 and his team won. Especially in that there should of been some sort of pride in playing the last ever game at Texas Stadium. But this team doesn't seem to have alot of pride.

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 12-21-2008 at 08:20 AM.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 12:56 PM   #134
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

If Romo wants to be mentioned with the likes of Brady, Manning, etc. He can not make those throws, simple as that.

Go Chargers, Vikings, Redskins and Packers

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 01:10 PM   #135
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If Romo wants to be mentioned with the likes of Brady, Manning, etc. He can not make those throws, simple as that.
Been saying that for a long time. He makes too damn many turnovers for the team to overcome. They beat the Giants because he made no turnovers.

I have no faith with him in the playoffs (if they get there) because he will make a bunch of turnovers.

Quarterbacks manage the game. Romo manages nothing.

Last edited by Bayliss; 12-21-2008 at 01:10 PM.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 02:09 PM   #136
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

... Romo isn't managing much well at the moment.. but, it starts with the head coach and the offensive coordinator. In my opinion, Garrett should be out of a job regardless of the outcome of this season.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 02:37 PM   #137
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Garrett is horrible. One of the worst called games I've seen in recent memory yesterday.

Contact Me
Old 12-21-2008, 03:44 PM   #138
LonghornDub

Chargers about to beat the Bucs. Cowboys control their own destiny now. Beat Philly and we are in.

Old 12-21-2008, 03:56 PM   #139
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

The glory of sports. You don't have to be good to be lucky.
Old 12-21-2008, 03:59 PM   #140
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

I agree that Garrett has been a horrible play caller this year. Garrett needs to use the run game to help Romo. Managing the game involves managing the clock and field position. And Garrett has been dreadful in using the run game this year. But Garrett isn't the one throwing all the interceptions and fumbling the ball too. Romo's accuracy this year has been bad in most games and he still doesn't "tuck it in" when he gets out of the pocket and it creates a lot of fumbles.

Frustrating as hell to see the Cowboys like this... so damn talented but don't "show up" when need be.
Old 12-21-2008, 04:05 PM   #141
alby
Guru

How many penalties did we have yesterday?

Contact Me
Old 12-21-2008, 04:11 PM   #142
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby View Post
How many penalties did we have yesterday?
9 for 81, IIRC.

Old 12-21-2008, 04:33 PM   #143
alby
Guru

pathetic.

Contact Me
Old 12-21-2008, 06:47 PM   #144
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

I could have thrown two pieces of sh*t on the field and shown a better performance than the Cowboys did on those last two defensive plays.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 06:53 PM   #145
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
Been saying that for a long time. He makes too damn many turnovers for the team to overcome. They beat the Giants because he made no turnovers.

I have no faith with him in the playoffs (if they get there) because he will make a bunch of turnovers.

Quarterbacks manage the game. Romo manages nothing.
meh, it wasn't the turnovers that beat us in this game

It was the fact that he wasn't connecting on the rest of his passes until about halfway through the fourth quarter. This isn't meant to defend Romo so much as say that I think you harp on this point too much.

There are a lot of reasons to not trust this team in the playoffs.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 12-21-2008 at 06:53 PM.
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 06:58 PM   #146
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
... Romo isn't managing much well at the moment.. but, it starts with the head coach and the offensive coordinator. In my opinion, Garrett should be out of a job regardless of the outcome of this season.
He's consistently botched the running game all season long. The passing game doesn't seem to be going much better. I guess he got figured out somewhere along the line. Everything he touched turned to gold last season. This season he's got an ultra-talented offense that is massively underproducing. I'm not sure how easy it is to let go of him with that big contract (I don't know how coach contracts work), but I'm not going to be hurt if he isn't back next season.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 12-21-2008, 07:15 PM   #147
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Well the Eagles are out (and sure to lose next week, holy crap they're horrible)...Redskins are out...The Cowboys are going to the playoffs me thinks.
Old 12-21-2008, 07:21 PM   #148
Dim499
Platinum Member

Dim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Well the Eagles are out (and sure to lose next week, holy crap they're horrible)...Redskins are out...The Cowboys are going to the playoffs me thinks.
Can you explain? I thought if the Eagles win next week they are 9-6-1 which is better then Dallas' 9-7.
Dim499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 07:22 PM   #149
FINtastic
Diamond Member

That loss today helps the Cowboys out a lot. Instead of going against a hungry Eagles team with an eye on the playoffs, the Cowboys get to play a team that just lost it's shot at the playoffs. The Eagles might still turn it up just because it's a chance to play the spoiler for the Cowboys. But I still think it's going to be a lot harder for them to do that with the playoffs pretty much gone as an incentive.

The Cowboys really lucked out with the way the games played out today. After yesterday, I was thinking it was just about over for the Cowboys. After today, they are right back in it.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 12-21-2008, 07:24 PM   #150
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dim499 View Post
Can you explain? I thought if the Eagles win next week they are 9-6-1 which is better then Dallas' 9-7.
Not only do the Eagles need to beat the Cowboys next week, but they need Tampa to lose next week and Chicago to lose one of its next two.

The Eagles are a long shot at best at this point.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 12-21-2008, 08:30 PM   #151
Bayliss

Quote:
It was the fact that he wasn't connecting on the rest of his passes until about halfway through the fourth quarter. This isn't meant to defend Romo so much as say that I think you harp on this point too much.

There are a lot of reasons to not trust this team in the playoffs.
I agree that there are a lot of reasons but (IMO) Romo is the biggest reason. Or Garrett is you think his playcalling affects Romo. Either way, he needs to control the game. He just doesn't do it. And his turnovers is the main reason why. He puts his own team behind the 8 ball way too much. Way too much. And it comes back to bite them way too much.
Old 12-21-2008, 08:53 PM   #152
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all

Quote:
One loss and they are horrible? I think they will be more than confortable to fight for their playoff seed on their own turf. If you think they won't come out blazing after this upset loss this week, that's crazy.
Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 09:12 PM   #153
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseman View Post
If you think they won't come out blazing after this upset loss this week, that's crazy.
They would be about 500% more likely to come out blazing if they had won.

Old 12-21-2008, 11:03 PM   #154
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
They would be about 500% more likely to come out blazing if they had won.
That's probably true. Either way, they know the stakes. Both teams are banged up, both teams need the win. I think it will be the team with the most heart, which the homefield will help Philly a lot.

Don't know who honestly will win. Should be good though.
Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 11:46 PM   #155
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

COWBOYS CONTROL THEIR OWN DESTINY.

WIN AND IN.
Old 12-21-2008, 11:58 PM   #156
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Did I see that right in the fact if things hold as is that they'd play the Vikings?
Old 12-22-2008, 12:16 AM   #157
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

The way I'm seeing it, if the Cowboys win they are locked in at the five seed. It would go:

1) Giants
2) Caro
3) Arizona or Minny/Chicago
4) Arizona or Minny/Chicago
5) Dallas
6) Atlanta

Either the Vikings or the Bears could finish at 10-6, while the best the Cards could finish is 9-7. If there are 9-7 ties, I haven't looked closely at the tiebreakers. But I'd say it's pretty likely that if the Cowboys win they will play Arizona.

And that's good, because we owe them a playoff whipping.

Next up would be the Giants. If we win that and Carolina loses to the 3/6 seed...I guess we could possibly have one more game at Texas Stadium!

EDIT: Whoops! The Cowboys would only be the 5 seed if Atlanta loses next week. They play STL, so that's probably not likely.

So the Cowboys would play the 3 seed, and then Caro if they win.

Last edited by chumdawg; 12-22-2008 at 12:19 AM.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 01:30 AM   #158
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Bill Cowher is the only one man enough to light a fuse under anyone giving up a stupid penalty. Flozel would be crying every game.
Old 12-22-2008, 01:37 AM   #159
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
The way I'm seeing it, if the Cowboys win they are locked in at the five seed. It would go:

1) Giants
2) Caro
3) Arizona or Minny/Chicago
4) Arizona or Minny/Chicago
5) Dallas
6) Atlanta

Either the Vikings or the Bears could finish at 10-6, while the best the Cards could finish is 9-7. If there are 9-7 ties, I haven't looked closely at the tiebreakers. But I'd say it's pretty likely that if the Cowboys win they will play Arizona.

And that's good, because we owe them a playoff whipping.

Next up would be the Giants. If we win that and Carolina loses to the 3/6 seed...I guess we could possibly have one more game at Texas Stadium!

EDIT: Whoops! The Cowboys would only be the 5 seed if Atlanta loses next week. They play STL, so that's probably not likely.

So the Cowboys would play the 3 seed, and then Caro if they win.
If the Giants lost tonight, I would have said there would be an excellent possibility the Cowboys will play the Bears...but the Giants have wrapped everything up and will likely shut it down next week against Minnesota. The Vikings win, and Dallas is going to the cozy confines of Minnesota to play a team with T Jackson as QB...in the playoffs.

lol. LOL at Minnesota. They stand no chance in a playoff game with Jackson as their QB and their defense all banged up like it is. I expect both wild card teams in the NFC (and probably the AFC as well) to win quite handily.
Old 12-22-2008, 03:11 AM   #160
FINtastic
Diamond Member

This kind of seems to be setting up for a round 2 exit. Since we would win a wild card game to get there, that's an improvement, right?

Not sure how much I really trust the Cowboys anymore, but if they can make it into the playoffs, either possible first round matchup kind of looks like a gimme with the way Arizona and Minnesota look right now. We'll probably play the next opponent close, and then make some embarassing gaffe that costs us the game.

Yeah, that sounds about right.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson