Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 03-06-2009, 10:40 PM   #1
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Early look at the 2009 Draft

I know, this is a little early, probably. But mock drafts are starting to become common, and looking around, here's the players that have been associated with the Mavericks. I believe every player here is either a guard or a shooting forward. Not really a surprise.

Just 1st round, btw.

Evan Turner
http://www.nbadraft.net/players/evan-turner
http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Evan-Turner-1115/

Darren Collison
http://www.nbadraft.net/players/darren-collison
http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...Collison-1149/

Tyreke Evans
http://www.nbadraft.net/players/tyreke-evans
http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Tyreke-Evans-1110/

Demar DeRozan
http://www.nbadraft.net/players/demar-derozan
http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Demar-DeRozan-1319/

DaJuan Summers
http://www.nbadraft.net/players/dajuan-summers
http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...-Summers-1198/

James Johnson
http://www.nbadraft.net/players/james-johnson
http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...es-3077/stats/

Jeff Teague
http://www.nbadraft.net/players/jeff-teague
http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Jeff-Teague-5293/

I don't watch NCAA...those who do, any of those guys be a good fit? Anybody not listed that should be?

I'm hoping for a SG through trade, but that's likely going to require Josh. So SF or SG/SF combos sound good to me. Depending on the relationship with Kidd, and whether he will sign, PG is either a pressing concern or just a normal concern. We will need a PG, though, because Kidd isn't getting younger and I shudder at the thought of Barea as a starter.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2009, 03:07 PM   #2
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

How about Ricky Rubio 6'3" PG played for Spain in the Olympics.
Should be a top 3 pick - easily!
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 03:33 PM   #3
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt_dobber View Post
How about Ricky Rubio 6'3" PG played for Spain in the Olympics.
Should be a top 3 pick - easily!
Which is why none of the mock drafts having the Mavericks picking him...

You better be wishing real hard on the lottery...
Old 03-07-2009, 03:36 PM   #4
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

Plus, i heard Rick Rubio isn't going to be in the 09 draft.
Old 03-07-2009, 04:09 PM   #5
tcat075
Diamond Member

I've heard that too.
Old 03-07-2009, 07:01 PM   #6
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

The Mavs better try to buy the Wizards pick because I heard that they might want to sell that pick to save them cap room, If the Mavs can get a pick in the top 10 then they better get a PG so Jason Kidd can groom.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 06:29 PM   #7
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Derozan is a BEAST. Or was in high school anyway. Not sure what he's doing at USC. Haven't really kept up with him.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 09:05 PM   #8
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

he's been all hype at USC

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
TheMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 01:07 PM   #9
darkwitzki
Golden Member

darkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of light

a point guard and a center will do.
Old 03-09-2009, 01:21 PM   #10
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

We'll probably take another shooting guard who can't shoot or guard...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 03-09-2009 at 01:21 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 01:55 PM   #11
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

If you are referring to our previous drafts, it's hard to find an impact player late in the first round and second rounds.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
Old 03-09-2009, 01:55 PM   #12
TheMaverick
Golden Member

We've done better with developing the Diop's, Bass's, Barea's, and Singleton's of the world anyways.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
Old 03-09-2009, 05:42 PM   #13
tcat075
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
We'll probably take another shooting guard who can't shoot or guard...

I would prefer a SG who could drive and draw fouls while being an above average defender. I don't worry about the shooting. The guy doesn't need to be a great shooter, as long as he has a shot that can be worked on and become decent. He doesn't have to be a shutdown defender either, just above average.

We don't have young guys who's entire purpose is to drive hard into the lane and play good D on the other side of the floor. Wright is that closest to that, but he doesn't drive as much as I would like. Green is young and can drive, but doesn't play good defense on the other end.
Old 03-09-2009, 05:55 PM   #14
pepe

pepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to all

Give me either one of the Wake Forest guys Teague or Johnson. Teague is ready for the NBA and althought he is not the prototypical point guard, he could develop into one.It will be a miracle if he goes 15-20. I think the guy is a top 10

Johnson has a ton of potencial and is very skillfull but I don't see him be ready for a couple of years.

The guy that I'll take with the 5th pick overall is Jordan Hill from Arizona.

Last edited by pepe; 03-09-2009 at 06:02 PM.
pepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 06:02 PM   #15
TheMaverick
Golden Member

Johnson is a legit NBA prospect. Teague is too small.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
Old 03-09-2009, 06:07 PM   #16
pepe

pepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to all

Aaron Brooks is too small...Monte Ellis is too small...CP3 is too small.

Teague can play and the guy is a killer, he might be small for a shooting guard, but the guy has a superior IQ and could be an excellent back up point guard and could learn a lot from Kidd.
pepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 01:40 AM   #17
me770706

me770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the rough

i like evans..with a veteran team that knows how to win he can be valuable instant-offense type guy next year

Wednesday morning, Barnes was home (apparently with his kids) when he read the quote and responded on twitter.

"Morning yall up early w/ the babies watchn Dora. Seems Lamar can't keep my name out his mouth maby I need 2 put my sons (expletive) diaper n it"
me770706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 03:02 AM   #18
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

No Stephen Curry fans? He may go exactly where the Mavs will be picking. Or he should anyway. I've seen him all over mock drafts from the 3rd pick in the draft to 20. The guy can shoot the ball. That's rare for a player in a Mavs uniform.
Old 03-10-2009, 08:12 AM   #19
TheMaverick
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe View Post
Aaron Brooks is too small...Monte Ellis is too small...CP3 is too small.

Teague can play and the guy is a killer, he might be small for a shooting guard, but the guy has a superior IQ and could be an excellent back up point guard and could learn a lot from Kidd.
AB and CP are point guards.
Monta is 6' 3" who is extremely explosive.

Teague is built in the Jason Terry type with worse handles and a lot slower release on his J.
Teague reminds me of a smaller version of JJ Reddick or Acie Law.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
Old 03-10-2009, 02:50 PM   #20
BaylorTMW

BaylorTMW is on a distinguished road

I would think some of these players would make good sense for the Mavs:

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/patrick-mills
http://www.nbadraft.net/players/sam-young
http://www.nbadraft.net/players/jeff-teague
http://www.nbadraft.net/players/tyler-smith
http://www.nbadraft.net/players/eric-maynor

I really think Pat Mills will be a very good player. He has some nice international experience. Eric Maynor would be my ideal pick, I just don't think he will be there.

Sam Young would be an excellent choice if we move Howard. He is a similar type of player to Howard coming out. He is a physical player that really plays hard. He needs to refine his game a little bit, but he can finish at the hole and play tough defense.
Old 03-10-2009, 06:24 PM   #21
me770706

me770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the rough

Sam Young would be an excellent choice if we move Howard. He is a similar type of player to Howard coming out. He is a physical player that really plays hard. He needs to refine his game a little bit, but he can finish at the hole and play tough defense.[/QUOTE]

I agree, his game is reminiscent of Josh's.

Wednesday morning, Barnes was home (apparently with his kids) when he read the quote and responded on twitter.

"Morning yall up early w/ the babies watchn Dora. Seems Lamar can't keep my name out his mouth maby I need 2 put my sons (expletive) diaper n it"
Old 03-11-2009, 01:37 AM   #22
cinemablend

cinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
The guy can shoot the ball. That's rare for a player in a Mavs uniform.
What team have you been watching? This team has lived and died on shooters for years.

Maybe you've heard of Dirk Nowitzki? Jason Terry?

Another shooter is the last thing this team needs.

The Mavs need an inside presence. It's the one thing they've never had. Yet every year, everyone clamors for another shooter and then wonders why the Mavs never have any inside game.

Last edited by cinemablend; 03-11-2009 at 01:38 AM.
cinemablend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 12:18 PM   #23
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

I see a lot of Big East ball and Terrence Williams of Louisville is an excellent all around player. Not a superstar but more along the lines of Jeff Green- a do everything glue guy, only with athleticism. Smooth. Also love Jerel McNeal from Marquette. Just a player. Great defender. Sam Young keeps improving. has really improved his jump shot. All 3 are good teammates and hard workers. Would be thrilled to land any of them. Tyreke Evans would be nice but he'll be long gone
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 08:47 AM   #24
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

If the Wizards are that concerned with money, they're not just going to accept $3MM for their pick and be done with it--they will want additional savings. This is something the Mavs can provide, with the instant savings of Stackhouse. Mavs could take back one or two guys whose contracts run another year or two who have little to no value to the Wizards (Etan Thomas?). So the Wiz save the $5MM or so they'd have to pay a top 3 pick, another $5MM from the swap of Stackhouse for some of their junk, plus $3MM cash. I don't think any other team can offer such an instant savings. We could even throw in our 1st this year if they want to draft a lower-cost player, though I doubt they'd even want it.

I would love to have a top 5 draft pick.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 11:13 AM   #25
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinemablend View Post
What team have you been watching? This team has lived and died on shooters for years.

Maybe you've heard of Dirk Nowitzki? Jason Terry?

Another shooter is the last thing this team needs.

The Mavs need an inside presence. It's the one thing they've never had. Yet every year, everyone clamors for another shooter and then wonders why the Mavs never have any inside game.

Naming 2 players out of a 15 man roster sort of proves what i'm saying. The Mavs have none aside from Dirk and JET. This Mavs team needs PLAYERS. They can use a guy like you described. But when you start drafting for needs instead of the best guy available I think you're putting yourself in a hole. I saw it with the Cowboys. Kept drafting DE every year in the 1st round and failed more times than not. If there's a inside presence in the draft and he's the best player available let's get him. But if he's a threat in the paint with decent skills i'd like to think he'll be in the lottery.
Old 03-13-2009, 12:15 PM   #26
mpb319

mpb319 is a jewel in the roughmpb319 is a jewel in the roughmpb319 is a jewel in the rough

Nobody likes Darren Collison?
A small fast hard defending PG.

If we cant get an inside scorer...which we do need badly. Then a PG who can guard the CP3's of the world would be a great help.

JET can't do it.
JJ as much as I like him is not a starting quality PG.
Collison may be having a bad year, I don't know because I haven't paid any attention to UCLA, but he has shown that he can play at a high level in the past.

Last edited by mpb319; 03-13-2009 at 12:15 PM.
mpb319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 03:05 PM   #27
me770706

I like Collison but again his size worries me defensively, we see how young, smaller PG's like JJB or Aaron Brooks get abused on a nightly basis. I like Willie Warren and Brandon Jennings, who is small but extremely fast and can be a star in this league.

Old 03-13-2009, 06:08 PM   #28
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

The Mavs will probably take Tyler Hansbrough. The mocks I've seen have him going in the late first round... the Mavs have a history of drafting white guys.

I just hope they take a SG who can attack the rim. And if they can't get that guy I hope they get a center who has some post moves.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 08:46 PM   #29
TheMaverick
Golden Member

White guys being drafted only happened during the Nellie era.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
Old 03-13-2009, 08:56 PM   #30
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaverick View Post
White guys being drafted only happened during the Nellie era.
Let's see...off the top of my head...

Detlef Schrempf, Uwe Blab, and Bill Wennington all in the same year.

Not to mention Jim Farmer. And of course Brad Davis. And Cherokee Parks.

And Randy WHITE! Rock me!
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 08:59 PM   #31
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
Let's see...off the top of my head...

Detlef Schrempf, Uwe Blab, and Bill Wennington all in the same year.

Not to mention Jim Farmer. And of course Brad Davis. And Cherokee Parks.

And Randy WHITE! Rock me!
Don't forget about Loren Meyer!

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 09:02 PM   #32
TheMaverick
Golden Member

I meant, ended when the Nellie era ended.

How can you guys forget about Chris Antsey?!?

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
Old 03-13-2009, 09:32 PM   #33
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Meyer and Anstey...true, true. Who could forget about the best running big man in the NBA!
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 07:10 PM   #34
tcat075
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
The Mavs will probably take Tyler Hansbrough. The mocks I've seen have him going in the late first round... the Mavs have a history of drafting white guys.

I just hope they take a SG who can attack the rim. And if they can't get that guy I hope they get a center who has some post moves.
Those our are two needs. And the chances of the SG panning out is much higher than the chances of the C panning out, I would imagine.
Old 03-15-2009, 12:05 PM   #35
Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl is a jewel in the roughQuetzalcoatl is a jewel in the roughQuetzalcoatl is a jewel in the roughQuetzalcoatl is a jewel in the rough

But we didn't pick Brad Davis in the draft.
Quetzalcoatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 12:24 AM   #36
Burn this City

Burn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really nice

Quote:
No Stephen Curry fans? He may go exactly where the Mavs will be picking. Or he should anyway. I've seen him all over mock drafts from the 3rd pick in the draft to 20. The guy can shoot the ball. That's rare for a player in a Mavs uniform.
He's probably going to stay for his senior year at Davidson. I'm guessing he'd like another shot at the tourney.

And for what it's worth, I'd go with DeRozan at that pick. Too much upside to pass up, regardless of how disappointing he's been this season.
Old 03-18-2009, 03:29 AM   #37
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burn this City View Post
He's probably going to stay for his senior year at Davidson. I'm guessing he'd like another shot at the tourney.

And for what it's worth, I'd go with DeRozan at that pick. Too much upside to pass up, regardless of how disappointing he's been this season.
Yea but shouldn't Derozan be a top 10 pick off his potential alone?
Old 03-18-2009, 11:47 AM   #38
tcat075
Diamond Member

Quote:
Yea but shouldn't Derozan be a top 10 pick off his potential alone?
His value is disputed. I've seen him go high (10th overall) and I've seen him go lower (22nd overall) in the mock drafts.

He's certainly not NBA ready, I've heard. His shot needs work and although he's an amazing athlete, he still needs to become a better basketball player. That could be a negative for teams who project to be good soon and want a player who can fill a hole sooner rather than later (do not say "that's what she said" to that...okay?).
Old 03-18-2009, 04:06 PM   #39
eyedentifyme

eyedentifyme is a jewel in the rougheyedentifyme is a jewel in the rougheyedentifyme is a jewel in the rough

The position that will help us immediately from the NBA draft will be at the point guard position. Because, we should be able to find a PG who can defend better than all of the point guards we have. You can't teach athleticism and quickness at that position.

Last edited by eyedentifyme; 03-18-2009 at 04:07 PM.
eyedentifyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 03:53 AM   #40
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Collison works for me.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nba draft 09