Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 03-20-2009, 11:46 AM   #41
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
His value is disputed. I've seen him go high (10th overall) and I've seen him go lower (22nd overall) in the mock drafts.

He's certainly not NBA ready, I've heard. His shot needs work and although he's an amazing athlete, he still needs to become a better basketball player. That could be a negative for teams who project to be good soon and want a player who can fill a hole sooner rather than later (do not say "that's what she said" to that...okay?).
LOL. Good point though. I didn't know he's been projected to go as high as 22. I too have seen all over the board but not that low. I think if your the Mavs though i'd go for the project who has the potential to be one of the best players in the draft over the game ready college player. I wonder how serious teams are about giving up their draft picks. It makes no sense to me why a team like the Wiz would trade their draft pick due to money. Rookies don't count that much against the draft.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2009, 07:12 PM   #42
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
LOL. Good point though. I didn't know he's been projected to go as high as 22. I too have seen all over the board but not that low. I think if your the Mavs though i'd go for the project who has the potential to be one of the best players in the draft over the game ready college player. I wonder how serious teams are about giving up their draft picks. It makes no sense to me why a team like the Wiz would trade their draft pick due to money. Rookies don't count that much against the draft.
22 was a guess, I didn't double check the mock drafts, but I know I've seen him around 18th-20th and I think I've seen him slightly higher.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 11:03 AM   #43
BaylorTMW

BaylorTMW is on a distinguished road

I would love to get Collinson. He plays GREAT perimeter defense. I am worried about his shot, but he can get the rim at least as well as JJ...
Old 03-29-2009, 06:41 PM   #44
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
i agree. rookies are a relative bargain. it doesn't make sense unless they're getting rid of a terrible contract and swapping picks or something. i mean i'd take Arenas from Washington if they'd include a top 3 pick, right? but nothing like that is bound to happen.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 04:32 PM   #45
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.nbadraft.net/2009mock_draft

I would actually grab Tyreke Evans or Terrence Williams if they are still on the board when we're on the clock.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 06:13 PM   #46
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby View Post
http://www.nbadraft.net/2009mock_draft

I would actually grab Tyreke Evans or Terrence Williams if they are still on the board when we're on the clock.
Collison is scheduled to go 2nd round?

Anybody know who this Robert Dozier is that we are projected to draft with our 2nd round pick?
Old 03-31-2009, 10:30 PM   #47
Burn this City

Burn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really nice

Quote:
Anybody know who this Robert Dozier is that we are projected to draft with our 2nd round pick?
Spare...
Old 04-01-2009, 02:26 AM   #48
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

He's a spare.

Terence with our first round. Move up in the second, grab Collison (or Pat Mills if he drops) to be the pg of the future.

I really hope Cuban starts buying some picks this year. Everyone is in saving mode, we can really help our future out.

Contact Me
Old 04-01-2009, 10:45 AM   #49
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

I get the feeling Cuban isn't ever impressed with young college kids and moving up picks or buying up to get them.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:01 AM   #50
mpb319

mpb319 is a jewel in the roughmpb319 is a jewel in the roughmpb319 is a jewel in the rough

I doubt we draft Blair even if he comes out and is available.
If we were gonna draft a fat undersized power player then we would have jumped at Big Baby Davis 2 years ago when we could have had him in the second round.
In our infinite wisdom we drafted Nick Fazekas...a tall slow white guy who was a bust waiting to happen.
mpb319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:28 AM   #51
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

I don't want any part of Blair

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
TheMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:47 AM   #52
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

I may be wrong, isn't our 2nd round pick owned by the Pacers this year?

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
Old 04-01-2009, 01:11 PM   #53
MX425

MX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to all

Blair = 6'6" PF...No thanks.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:31 PM   #54
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

Yes Pacers own 2nd round pick
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 01:47 PM   #55
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Blair only dreams to be big baby davis in the nba. Lil Big guy

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 07:01 AM   #56
tcat075
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaverick View Post
I may be wrong, isn't our 2nd round pick owned by the Pacers this year?
Alright.

That did cross my mind, but I then I just figured that it was like the 2011 and 2013 2nd rounders or something since the mock draft listed us as having a draft pick.
Old 04-02-2009, 07:02 AM   #57
tcat075
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burn this City View Post
Spare...
It's what I figured...thanks.
Old 04-02-2009, 01:52 PM   #58
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
i agree. rookies are a relative bargain. it doesn't make sense unless they're getting rid of a terrible contract and swapping picks or something. i mean i'd take Arenas from Washington if they'd include a top 3 pick, right? but nothing like that is bound to happen.
#1 pick last year got $4.8MM for his first year. Late first round picks are relative bargains; the top 5 or so make a lot of money for a team that is struggling financially.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 10:32 AM   #59
TheMaverick
Golden Member

Derrick Rose is worth way more than 5 million IMHO, rookie or not.

so it's a bargain.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
Old 04-05-2009, 02:30 AM   #60
me770706

me770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the rough

i've been more and more impressed with ty lawson, he's been the best player in the tournament

Wednesday morning, Barnes was home (apparently with his kids) when he read the quote and responded on twitter.

"Morning yall up early w/ the babies watchn Dora. Seems Lamar can't keep my name out his mouth maby I need 2 put my sons (expletive) diaper n it"
me770706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 03:11 AM   #61
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Lol, I love the draftnet comparisons. So Sam Young goes #17 and he's compared to Joey Graham. This Omri cat goes #28 and is compared to Hedo. Sooo...you'd rather draft JG than Hedo...

And Hansbrough as Najera/Madsen? Really? I'm not saying he'll be great, but that's just asinine. Najera and Mark freaking Madsen didn't score at will on a bevy of post moves in college. A more apt comparison would be a limited athlete who was good in the post, but still a role player...like Corliss Williamson.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 01:45 PM   #62
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

I'd love it if we could snag Sam Young.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 02:06 AM   #63
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
No Stephen Curry fans? He may go exactly where the Mavs will be picking. Or he should anyway. I've seen him all over mock drafts from the 3rd pick in the draft to 20. The guy can shoot the ball. That's rare for a player in a Mavs uniform.
I agree he is Jet Terry number 2, Terry is 31 he is bound to lose a step in a year or two if the Mavs do keep him, Curry is just like him and could step in and score... The worst thing the Mavs could do is touch pansy B.J Mullens.
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 02:16 AM   #64
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

I follow college basketball a lot, my second favorite team is Ucla, Collison quite simply will not cut it in the league as a starter, his jumper is deadly when open but cannot shoot under diress and his size is a problem. One guy I would love to see the Mavs draft is Damien James, he has fully switched over to the wing this season and that reallly helped his stock with his 6-7 frame, he can defend the 2-4 his tenacious rebounding helps him get a bunch of put backs, he is a good defender with very good lateral quickness, if he puts the work in on his footwork could become a lock down defender. Great finisher on the break, I see a lot of raw potential the problem with him though is his handles are like a typical big man.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:18 PM   #65
TheMaverick
Golden Member

James is a great talent, I don't think he'll be dropping to us though. Too much physical potential to pass up.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
Old 04-07-2009, 01:15 PM   #66
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Get Ty Lawson somehow I don't care what the Mavs have to do...I would love to see Chris Paul and Ty Lawson due battle on the court.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 05:22 PM   #67
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

If Pat Mills is available, he should be the pick. Lots of times, these picks won't see much floor time the first season. Keeping him as a primary backup to Kidd, should allow him to bide his trade, while he watches from one of the best. Mills is quick, can score from any where on the floor, reminds me of Tony Parker, his ability not only to get a shot off inside, but to convert. A bit undersized at 5-11 but his quickness more than makes up for. Also excels at leading a break. If he's available, I'd draft him.
Kidd Karma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 11:18 PM   #68
alby
Guru

^ I agree with this post.

Contact Me
Old 04-17-2009, 10:34 AM   #69
TheMaverick
Golden Member

If we draft Mills, what do we do with Barea?

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
Old 04-22-2009, 01:48 PM   #70
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

RICKY RUUUUBBIIOOO

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/9...o-enters-draft

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 01:14 AM   #71
mavs777
Diamond Member

NO, the only point guard they should consider taking is Evans if he is there, because of his versatility, if Kidd and Barea stays Evans can play the 2 as well as the 1.
Old 04-24-2009, 06:28 PM   #72
Burn this City

Burn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really nice

^ He'll be long gone by the time the Mavs pick...the only decent PG we have a shot at is Patty Mills...
Old 04-26-2009, 01:34 AM   #73
mavs777
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burn this City View Post
^ He'll be long gone by the time the Mavs pick...the only decent PG we have a shot at is Patty Mills...
That is a big stretch, his jumper just is not consistent. If Clark, James Johnson, or James is there were the Mavs pick they better pick one of them, James Johnson would probably make the quickest transition to the NBA of the 3.
Old 04-29-2009, 04:26 PM   #74
Stressboy

Stressboy is a jewel in the roughStressboy is a jewel in the roughStressboy is a jewel in the rough

I'm voting for Damian Jones which somehow is in the mock around 27. His handles and foot speed may not be about to really keep up with the Melo's of the world but he is a brandon bass type of athlete with much greater range and ability to play most SF. If we lose Kidd all bets are off on what we do this off season but if we keep this pick then and draft in this spot then I really want Damian Jones to be there.
Stressboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 06:36 PM   #75
Mavsfan2thedeath

Mavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to all

how about Curtis Jerrells, the PG from Baylor? i'm a grad student at Baylor and have watched this guy play numerous times. he has the ability to flat out take over games and shooting from range is absolutely no problem for this guy. i have no idea where he's projected to go, but i'd take him in a heartbeat.
Mavsfan2thedeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 11:10 AM   #76
tcat075
Diamond Member

Who is a better player, Darren Collison or Eric Maynor? Or I guess I should say, who is a better fit for the Mavericks?

edit: Also, what about Jrue Holiday or Jeff Teague? Which of these 4 would you most prefer. I think if Ty Lawson falls to us, he's an automatic, but what if we had a choice of one of these 4.

Last edited by tcat075; 05-09-2009 at 11:14 AM.
Old 05-09-2009, 11:23 AM   #77
tcat075
Diamond Member

index of mocks here

http://dcprosportsreport.com/mockdraftdatabase/nba.html
Old 05-09-2009, 01:12 PM   #78
mavs777
Diamond Member

Derozan will be a top ten pick no doubt
Old 05-09-2009, 01:13 PM   #79
mavs777
Diamond Member

Quote:
Who is a better player, Darren Collison or Eric Maynor? Or I guess I should say, who is a better fit for the Mavericks?

edit: Also, what about Jrue Holiday or Jeff Teague? Which of these 4 would you most prefer. I think if Ty Lawson falls to us, he's an automatic, but what if we had a choice of one of these 4.
I would go with Holliday of those 4, a lock down defender (something the mavs need) and plays very smart and unselfish, can play both the 1 or the 2, I am a Ucla fan but I am not high on Collison, Maynior, or Teague at the next level
Old 05-16-2009, 12:17 AM   #80
darkwitzki
Golden Member

darkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of light

Yo check this youngster :

Donatas Motiejunas is easily the best known and most talented prospect on the international squad. Standing at a legit 7 feet tall (without shoes), the Lithuanian big currently ranks second in his home country’s domestic league in scoring, and fourth in rebounding. He didn't take long to stand out early in the practice, the time usually reserved for developing skills and offensive concepts

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...tiejunas-1300/

Tags
nba draft 09