Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 04-29-2009, 09:00 PM   #1
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Mavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to behold
Default Free Agents

Looking at the free agent market this off season I was wondering who the Mavericks should pursue? These guys would have to be considered top prospects in the league Kobe Bryant, Carlos Boozer, Allen Iverson, Ron Artest, Shawn Marion, Andre Miller, Lamar Odom and Rasheed Wallace. Who would you like to see the Mavericks go after?
Old 04-30-2009, 10:24 AM   #2
young_gunner

young_gunner has a little shameless behaviour in the past

i would love to see Andre Miller, he is a smart point guard. and i think they would have a better shot at him
of course Artest would be great. and kobe would be just a dream.
young_gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 11:01 AM   #3
Lor20
Golden Member

Lor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud of

like to? i guess from a sports perspective kobe and sheed but i hate kobe so I'd say just get sheed! i still think it is more realistic to get shaq for his last year in a trade for damp and stacks contract. then we'd just need a really good shooter with length for the SG position who can play some D
as much as I like Terry, he is basically an energetic weak side shooter with a declining shooting percentage - especially from downtown.

Last edited by Lor20; 04-30-2009 at 11:09 AM.
Lor20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 11:44 AM   #4
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Would netting Artest, Sheed, or Marion with a 4-5 year MLE deal be realistic? If so then that's who I'd realistically like to see us go after.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 12:18 PM   #5
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

The people I want on this list depends on if we have Kidd or not. If we have Kidd, I would like to get Marion or Artest. If we do not..I would want Boozer or Andre Miller (in this case Marion too). Rasheed is on the downturn of his career. If you are frustrated with Josh Howard's effort on any given night...Rasheed is 10x worse. Odumb would be a decent fit but let's face it..he is Odumb. Iverson..no way in hell, he is a franchise killer and too old.
Old 04-30-2009, 02:45 PM   #6
eyedentifyme

eyedentifyme is a jewel in the rougheyedentifyme is a jewel in the rougheyedentifyme is a jewel in the rough

Ron Artest, Shawn Marion, Shannon Brown ,Andre Miller, or Rafer Alston. We still got the draft where we could possibly get Patrick Mills, Ty Lawson, or Johnny Flynn to backup Barea, assuming Kidd leaves in the off season. As good as Kidd is defensively, he can't finish at the basket when he does slash or post up someone close enough to the basket. I'm not saying Kidd is leaving, but I believe Kidd himself said he's keeping all his options open because he wants a ring; Jason Terry also said Kidd is probably not going to be back. We trade Stackhouse and Carroll to LA Clippers for Chris Kaman and Mardy Collins. This is the Pau Gasol type of trade we were looking for.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...tradeId=dx72zv

Roster:

Barea/Artest?orMarion?orBrown?/Howard/Dirk/Kaman
(Mills?Lawson?Flynn)/Terry/Wright/Bass/Hollins
Green/Damp

Williams/Collins/Foster
eyedentifyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 03:13 PM   #7
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

I would love if we were able to get Raymond Felton.
Old 04-30-2009, 03:43 PM   #8
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkgreatness View Post
I would love if we were able to get Raymond Felton.
I believe this is a very real possibility. If the Mavs decide to offer their full MLE to Felton, I doubt the Bobcats match. The Mavs could also make it into a S&T by sending them Stackhouse & cash, so that it's a total wash for the 'Cats (or even profitable) while the Mavs preserve their MLE for someone else.

Is this the best possible use of Stack's contract? No. But if Kidd departs, we need a legit starting PG, and if we could land Felton with Stack, and Artest with the MLE, I like our team a lot.

Felton/Barea/Terry
Artest/Terry/Wright
Howard/Artest/Singleton
Dirk/Bass/Singleton
Damp/Hollins/Bass

Here's another idea (though not actually a free agent):
Kidd leaves. The Wizards land the #2 pick and take Rubio, and start dangling Arenas. We get him for Stackhouse + Carroll--essentially, nothing. Do you do it?
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 04:09 PM   #9
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Again a lot of it falls on what happens to Kidd, if he does stay then Marion, Artest. Or they could get a guy like Matt Barns, and use the money to go after a big piece in a trade like for Gerald Wallace.
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 04:38 PM   #10
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

What if the Lakers got swept in the finals.
Then Cuban offers Kobe a deal.

Kidd would re-sign with us.

I don't know if it is even possilble but that would be the NBA's dream team.

Kidd
Bryant
Howard
Nowitzki
Dampier

PLUS THE JET!
Old 04-30-2009, 06:12 PM   #11
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Sheed said he was gonna retire, but he would be my #1 choice out of the guys that we can realistically get. If Kidd leaves then its Miller. But there gotta be more guys out there. Marion has not done much to ask for a big deal, so if you can get him on a 1-2 year deal that wouldnt be bad.

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 06:22 PM   #12
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Heres a list: not complete but guys that are good and that we coudl possibly get

Ben Gordon
Jamal Crawford (assuming he opts out)
AI
Sheed
Artest
Ariza
Odom
**Wilcox
Andre Miller
**Gooden
Marion
Anthony Parker

Even thought we have Jet, I would make a run at Gordon. Cant hurt. Also Wilcox and Gooden are BIGS that are good and could only be better playing with Kidd, assuming hes here. These are only unrestricted

There are many more restricted that we could make an offer and hope teams dont much

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
Old 04-30-2009, 06:40 PM   #13
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

I'm wary of Ben Gordon... I feel like he'll come back to earth once he gets his contract this offseason. I wonder if he'll ask Chicago to make good on that $58M contract from last summer.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 08:49 PM   #14
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

I agree with what MaVs 41 BaLler said about Kobe.........Kobe hasn't singed a contract extension with the Lakers and he can opt-out his contract at the end of this season, if the Lakers lose or lose in the finals I wouldn't be surprised if Kobe walked to another team and hopefully it's the Mavs.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 10:14 PM   #15
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas86 View Post
I agree with what MaVs 41 BaLler said about Kobe.........Kobe hasn't singed a contract extension with the Lakers and he can opt-out his contract at the end of this season, if the Lakers lose or lose in the finals I wouldn't be surprised if Kobe walked to another team and hopefully it's the Mavs.

NOOOOOOOO WAYYYYY IN HEELLLLL THIS HAPPENS

Kobe will never walk, now that he has the pieces around him. That would ruin his reputation.
Idk why anyone would even be talking about this.

........GO MAVS
Old 04-30-2009, 10:16 PM   #16
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

Dreamers would be talking about it.

Go with the mind not the heart like Kiddo said.
Old 04-30-2009, 10:56 PM   #17
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxdemxO View Post
NOOOOOOOO WAYYYYY IN HEELLLLL THIS HAPPENS

Kobe will never walk, now that he has the pieces around him. That would ruin his reputation.
Idk why anyone would even be talking about this.
Whatever you say man......Why hasn't Kobe signed a contract extension yet man tell me?..it's funny how people in this forum are quick to jump me whenever I say something.

Last edited by Thomas86; 04-30-2009 at 11:00 PM.
Old 04-30-2009, 11:38 PM   #18
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas86 View Post
Whatever you say man......Why hasn't Kobe signed a contract extension yet man tell me?..it's funny how people in this forum are quick to jump me whenever I say something.
You can say whatever you want my mann, but its almost 100% for sure that Kobe will not leave the Lakers. They have gotten him the help he wants, and especially if they Push for a decent pg this summer. There is no way he leaves. Where better can he go???

........GO MAVS
Old 05-01-2009, 11:35 AM   #19
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

I don't want the Mavs to pick up anyone over 30 unless it's for the veteran's minimum and it's a complementary player, rather than a starter/top 8 guy. Assuming we bring back Kidd, between Kidd, Dirk, Damp, Jet, and Josh, this team is not getting younger at the top. I do like that we're developing some younger guys like Wright, Green, Bass, Barea, but we need to add more young talent, not more aging talent.

Obvious caveats apply, of course--I mean, sure, Kobe's 30, but sure, if we have a chance at him, of course we take it. I'm thinking more about guys like 'Sheed, Marion.
Old 05-01-2009, 11:39 AM   #20
Nowitzki4President

Nowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to behold

If Kidd leaves this off season. I'd like to see us get Artest and Miller. Artest because we need a solid SG player. Not that he is one, he's a SF, but if he comes, we just move JHo to SG because he can definitely fill the role. We'd need Miller just because we'd have to replace Kidd.

Excluding the draft and any off season trades or Free agent loses, this is what we'd look like"

Damp/Hollins
Dirk/Bass
Artest/Wright
Howard/Wright/JET
Miller/Barea/JET

I think that's a solid line up. Mind you that other moves would probably be made to make this team even sexier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowitzki4President View Post
Nowitzki4President is the greatest man to ever live!
Nowitzki4President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 12:43 PM   #21
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Kidd will re-sign. We can offer him the most $. Our targets in free agency should be

Felton, Jack: young can penetrate, play D, well liked by teammates
Marion, Artest:getting older but upgrade our defense, rebounding, sketchy offensively and character wise.
Ariza, Barnes:young athletic finishers.
Grant Hill(i think he's a FA).
Shannon Brown:improving shooter, good defender. No way i think the Lakers let Brown or Ariza go though.
Assuming we'll land a Shaq/Kaman/Bosh type player thru trade it would come down to a slashing playmaker like Felton or a defensive-minded vet like Marion/Artest. I think i'd go w/ Felton. We need the speed as much as anything. We may have to trade for him though. I think Charlotte would match.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 01:01 PM   #22
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

2009-2010 NBA Free Agents

(I posted this link in another thread, but we need it here too...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 05-01-2009 at 01:01 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 02:22 PM   #23
MX425

MX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to all

Can anyone here say Salary Cap? If Kobe walks he would walk right by us because we have no cap space. We could offer him a MLE, Do you think he plays for a MLE? I don't. Assume Kidd resigns and then look at where we can shore up places. I would take Artest, but doubt he leaves. H-town will trade T-mac's expiring contract and Artest likes the coach there too much. Marion is overrated. Phoenix 2006 was his high water mark.

We offer Barnes the Vet min and then use our MLE on Felton. One player who I am actually gaining interest in is Von Wafer. They guy is 6'5" and is young and can play.
Old 05-01-2009, 02:50 PM   #24
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX425 View Post
Can anyone here say Salary Cap? If Kobe walks he would walk right by us because we have no cap space.
No cap space? No cap space??? That's funny... You're funny!

2008 NBA salary cap - $58.6mil
2008 Mavs payroll - $92.7mil

This ain't the hard cap of the NFL - Cuban can spend all he wants on player salaries as long as he's willing to cough up the luxury tax..

Last edited by Underdog; 05-01-2009 at 02:57 PM. Reason: typo
Old 05-01-2009, 03:00 PM   #25
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

If you can resign Kidd for just over MLE and a couple of years:

Sign Sheed for a couple of years at the MLE. Or figure out a way for Chandler/Camby/Kaman.

Send Damp and Stack to Houston for TMac -- which would give them quite a bit of savings. Stack can be bought out, and Damps is a team option. Or if you don't like TMac, pick a max type SG/SF you do like and replace him here.

Resign: Singleton, Hollins, Bass
Dump: George, Williams

Kidd, Terry, Berea
TMac, Wright
Howard, Singleton
Dirk, Bass
Rasheed, Hollins

You would have a two year window to play with ANYONE. Showtime Mavericks.

Then it would all blow up, and you could start all over because most of these guys would be gone.

It wouldn't be a great long term plan, but in the short term MIGHT put them well over the top.

This year has been proof of how much one really good player on a team means. Celtics can't put away Chicago because they have lost KG. SA lost decisively to Dallas because of Manu being out. How much better the Lakers are with Pau as compared to them without him.

One player is huge, if it is the right player. Age equals injuries though, and that would be the biggest question mark for this Dallas team.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 03:05 PM   #26
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
No cap space? No cap space??? That's funny... You're funny!

2008 NBA salary cap - $58.6mil
2008 Mavs payroll - $92.7mil

This ain't the hard cap of the NFL - Cuban can spend all he wants on player salaries as long as he's willing to cough up the luxury tax..
Not exactly, but I do understand your point.

They would have to work a SNT or something along those lines to make it work. He couldn't just sign with Dallas for a max salary, since Dallas is over the cap.

Possible yes, probable NO. Of course why would LA let him go, and why would he want to go, since they have put a team around him..............?

Odds are extremely long that Kobe would end up in Dallas.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

Old 05-01-2009, 03:37 PM   #27
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202 View Post
Odds are extremely long that Kobe would end up in Dallas.
Odds are extremely long that Kobe would leave LA at all...

(has a #1 player ever left a #1 team before?)

Old 05-01-2009, 03:42 PM   #28
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

Give me Ron Artest.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
TheMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 09:56 AM   #29
bobatundi
Golden Member

Artest fills so many holes on this team...great defender, nice offensive option, slasher, bad-ass...
Old 05-02-2009, 11:16 AM   #30
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Why wouldn't Houston try to resign Artest? BTW I am guessing if Artest is on the team Howard is trade bait as they both play the 3 use Howard to get a center plus SG.
Old 05-03-2009, 12:19 PM   #31
young_gunner

young_gunner has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Andre Miller or Mike Bibby?
im not sure if bibby signed an extension but if kidd is gone i would have Bibby at the top of the list.
young_gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 12:46 PM   #32
mavs777
Diamond Member

Bibby would make a lot of sense as the team isn't a very good three point shooting team and he is a good shooter, much better than Andre, and he is fearless.
Old 05-03-2009, 08:15 PM   #33
bobatundi
Golden Member

I assume Houston would try to re-sign Artest, but that doesn't mean we can't offer him up the full MLE for 5 years and see if it's enough to lure him away--or, at worst, drive up the price for a division rival to hang onto their own player, thereby cutting into their ability to make additional free agent moves.
Old 05-04-2009, 11:02 AM   #34
MX425

MX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobatundi View Post
I assume Houston would try to re-sign Artest, but that doesn't mean we can't offer him up the full MLE for 5 years and see if it's enough to lure him away--or, at worst, drive up the price for a division rival to hang onto their own player, thereby cutting into their ability to make additional free agent moves.

Very much agreed. make them pay to keep him.
Old 05-04-2009, 07:05 PM   #35
Thomas86
Golden Member

I hope the Mavs go Matt Barnes this offseason because he would be a very nice back up for Josh and we might be able to get him for cheap.
Old 05-05-2009, 12:16 PM   #36
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

My first choice would be Artest, but he's developed quite nicely with Yao....don't know if it has anything to do with is contract and earning a pay day, but would be a hard pry from Houston, only thing is, we drive up the price on a rival, hoping he reverts to his normal habits. Sheed would be a good add as a 25-30 minute guy, seeing a lot of floor time with Dirk resting. He's already said his minimum to play would be 8 million. Sign and trade Stackhouse?
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 02:04 PM   #37
dalmations202
Diamond Member

I'd love Rasheed. He'd get T'd, but he wouldn't get punked.

Next choice -- Artest, but he will stay in Houston.

next choice -- Matt Harpring -- he could be Kurt Rambis for the Mavs although I think he has one more year on his contract.

Old 05-05-2009, 09:03 PM   #38
mavs777
Diamond Member

Matt Harpring is a tough guy but doesn't have nba talent anymore, jmo. Please stay away from Rasheed he coasts a lot during games.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:06 AM   #39
mpb319

mpb319 is a jewel in the roughmpb319 is a jewel in the roughmpb319 is a jewel in the rough

My list of who I would like the Mavs to pick from.
IMO we need to get taller and tougher as well as more athletic. Some of these guys do not fit ALL of the criteria but I believe they could help the lineup with the skills they do have.
We need to resign JKidd.
I think a trade for Shaq if possible would help this team immensely.
I would like to keep G$ and either Bass or Singleton as I think their positions are similar.
Draft a young defensive minded PG.
Try to send Stack and Damp for Shaq then try to sign one of the * guys with the MLE and then maybe a sign and trade with Bass + Carroll or Williams or George or any combo of the same for one of the other * guys.

*Antonio McDyess - UFA
Ron Artest - UFA
*Hakim Warrick - RFA
*Jamario Moon - RFA
Charlie Villanueva - RFA
Rodney Carney - UFA
Chris Wilcox - UFA
Matt Barnes - UFA
Drew Gooden - UFA
*Shawn Marion - UFA

JKidd, JJB, Rookie
JHO, Jet, Wright, G$
Marion,JHO, Singleton, George
Dirk,McDyess, Marion
Shaq, McDyess, Hollins

I know that is a pipe dream.
That lineup would be old and the injury situation would be a concern but it would be able to play anyway you wanted.
mpb319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 04:19 PM   #40
darkwitzki
Golden Member

darkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of light

My wishlist are Shaq, Villanueva and Kirk Hinrich if possible.