Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 05-06-2009, 06:08 PM   #41
Dnowit41

Dnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to all

Hinrich would fit great. Defensive minded and a great shooter.

A clear night in big D. Thousands of fans ready...anxiously awaiting his arrival.
The signal high in the Dallas sky calls for one person, and one person alone.........#41
Dnowit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2009, 04:00 PM   #42
craggmac
Golden Member

craggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud of

If we had Shaq or Rasheed Wallace, either one, on our roster right now we would but up 2-0 on the Nuggets.
craggmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 04:02 PM   #43
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by craggmac View Post
If we had Shaq or Rasheed Wallace, either one, on our roster right now we would but up 2-0 on the Nuggets.
I'm inclined to agree...

(maybe not 2-0, but at least 1-1 and no blowout losses...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 05-07-2009 at 04:02 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 10:16 PM   #44
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

PG - Jason Kidd/J.J. Barea

SG - Allen Iverson/Jason Terry/Gerald Green

SF - Josh Howard/Antoine Wright/James Singleton

PF - Dirk Nowitzki/Brandon Bass

C - Shaquille O'Neal/Ryan Hollins
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 07:36 AM   #45
MX425

MX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to all

No on AI. Name one team other then the 2001 Sixers he has made campionship caliber? and that was 8 years ago. Look how great Denver was before they got rid of him, and Detroit? can you say ballhog and locker room cancer?

With Dirk, a top 10 player in the league we need a SG who can salsh and then hit the shots that are left over but the majority of the shots need to be Dirk's and there doesn't need to be any fight over that.
Old 05-08-2009, 03:12 PM   #46
eyedentifyme

eyedentifyme is a jewel in the rougheyedentifyme is a jewel in the rougheyedentifyme is a jewel in the rough

We don't need AI.

The guy the Mavs need is Charlie Villanueva, he can play small forward when Dirk is on the floor with him at power forward at the defensive end. On the offensive end Villanueva is a beast in the post as the power forward while Dirk becomes the small forward at the offensive end. We should offer the full MLE for Charlie Villanueva if we can't work on a sign and trade for him with Milwaukee. If we do a sign and trade and indeed get him, then we use the full MLE on Ron Artest. We go into the draft and draft an Aaron Brooks clone ala Ty Lawson, Johnny Flynn, or Patrick Mills. Jason Kidd looks exposed with our current team when we play against athletic teams. Kidd needs to be in a situation where all four guys around are scoring athletes to cover up his offensive deficiencies.

Terry/Artest/Villanueva/Dirk/Hollins ?
(Lawson,Flynn,or Mills)/Redd/Jefferson/Singleton/Bass ?
Barea/Green ?
Williams ?

Out goes: Damp/Stack/Howard/Wright/Carroll/Cash/ to Bucks?

Last edited by eyedentifyme; 05-08-2009 at 03:13 PM.
eyedentifyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 05:56 PM   #47
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyedentifyme View Post
We don't need AI.

The guy the Mavs need is Charlie Villanueva, he can play small forward when Dirk is on the floor with him at power forward at the defensive end. On the offensive end Villanueva is a beast in the post as the power forward while Dirk becomes the small forward at the offensive end. We should offer the full MLE for Charlie Villanueva if we can't work on a sign and trade for him with Milwaukee. If we do a sign and trade and indeed get him, then we use the full MLE on Ron Artest. We go into the draft and draft an Aaron Brooks clone ala Ty Lawson, Johnny Flynn, or Patrick Mills. Jason Kidd looks exposed with our current team when we play against athletic teams. Kidd needs to be in a situation where all four guys around are scoring athletes to cover up his offensive deficiencies.

Terry/Artest/Villanueva/Dirk/Hollins ?
(Lawson,Flynn,or Mills)/Redd/Jefferson/Singleton/Bass ?
Barea/Green ?
Williams ?

Out goes: Damp/Stack/Howard/Wright/Carroll/Cash/ to Bucks?

OK so your trading all Damp/Stack/Howard/Wright/Carroll/Cash for Villanueva?...we don't need another PF we need a SG and a C bad and I mean really bad, I would mind us trying to get Ty Lawson because he reminds me of Jameer Nelson, your trading way to much for Villanueva who James Singelton shut down when the Bucks came to Dallas.

Last edited by Thomas86; 05-08-2009 at 05:57 PM.
Old 05-08-2009, 09:23 PM   #48
eyedentifyme

eyedentifyme is a jewel in the rougheyedentifyme is a jewel in the rougheyedentifyme is a jewel in the rough

Actually it was Damp/Stack/Howard/Wright/Carroll/Cash for Michael Redd/Richard Jefferson/Charlie Villanueva. We draft Ty Lawson, Johnny Flynn, or Patrick Mills. We still have our full MLE to use for Ron Artest.

Last edited by eyedentifyme; 05-08-2009 at 09:24 PM.
eyedentifyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 10:57 PM   #49
tybrock

tybrock is a jewel in the roughtybrock is a jewel in the roughtybrock is a jewel in the roughtybrock is a jewel in the rough

Those three are good, but I don't know about further weakening the center spot for them.
tybrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 01:28 AM   #50
Justin Credible

Justin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to all

I wouldn't mind any of the following from the 2009 free agent list:
  • Mike Bibby
  • Eddie House
  • Ben Gordon
  • Birdman
  • Nate Robinson (I love this little bastard)
  • Matt Barnes
  • Boozer
  • Mehmet Okur
Or a reasonable trade that brought these 2010 free agents
  • Chris Bosh <--seriously, I think him on this team would seal the deal
  • Joe Johnson
  • Marcus Camby
  • Rudy Gay (obviously, I mean c'mon now..)
  • SHAQ (Seriously, at first I was all kinds of against the idea but I think it would be huge for us)
  • LaMarcus Aldridge

Seriously though, more than anything I'd love to see any of these 3 players come to Dallas:
Chris Bosh, Nate Robinson, Shaq

I think if by some deal with the devil we were able to pull Bosh and Shaq it would almost be instant rings, given that we didn't trade away our whole damn team for them. I'd still love to keep Hollins/Terry/Bass/Green on the bench, but I wouldn't see that being possible to pull both of those trades.

I also think that the mavs in inbetween a rock and a hard place right now. They can pull someone like Shaq and win a quick ring for Dirk, but then they're sacrificing the future. They can pull someone like Bosh but then they're keeping the lack of inside scoring threat.. We're obviously going to need a PG soon (probably at the end of this season), so that really cuts down on the cap space. But if by some grace of God we were able to pull those three players without trading away the rest of the team I think it would be a done deal, the rings would be made before the all-star break.

Last edited by Justin Credible; 05-09-2009 at 01:33 AM.
Justin Credible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 02:42 AM   #51
darkwitzki
Golden Member

darkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of light

I agree! Cubes get Chris Bosh, Nate Robinson and Shaq!
Old 05-09-2009, 04:28 AM   #52
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkwitzki View Post
I agree! Cubes get Chris Bosh, Nate Robinson and Shaq!
Uhhh and what happens to Dirk??????

EDIT: Yay, my 2,000th post!

Last edited by Dirkgreatness; 05-09-2009 at 04:29 AM.
Dirkgreatness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 04:31 AM   #53
cinemablend

cinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to all

Yeah I get wanting Bosh OR Shaq. I mean I guess you could always put Bosh at Center. But if you have Bosh, Shaq, and Dirk... then Shaq plays center, Dirk plays PF and Bosh plays???

That makes no sense unless you're getting rid of Dirk. Which would be crazy. Bosh is not better than Dirk.

I love the idea of adding some "bastard" players. This team really needs that. Nate Robinson, Birdman. Hell yes. If you can't get a big name like Shaq or Bosh then adding some sheer attitude to this team could at least help.

Last edited by cinemablend; 05-09-2009 at 04:32 AM.
cinemablend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 05:48 AM   #54
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinemablend View Post
Yeah I get wanting Bosh OR Shaq. I mean I guess you could always put Bosh at Center. But if you have Bosh, Shaq, and Dirk... then Shaq plays center, Dirk plays PF and Bosh plays???

That makes no sense unless you're getting rid of Dirk. Which would be crazy. Bosh is not better than Dirk.

I love the idea of adding some "bastard" players. This team really needs that. Nate Robinson, Birdman. Hell yes. If you can't get a big name like Shaq or Bosh then adding some sheer attitude to this team could at least help.
I agree. Bosh and Shaq doesn't work together, because while having Shaq as Center either Bosh or Dirk would have to play SF. Sorry, but that would be humiliating to watch...

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 09:21 PM   #55
Justin Credible

Justin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinemablend View Post

I guess that it just made sense to me that, with his abilities, bosh could play Forward (as it is his position). He's basically an amplified version of what Josh Howard was in his all-star season, and J Ho was perfect alongside Dirk.

That's a fantasy starting lineup though..

Nate Robinson
Chris Bosh
Shaq
Dirk
Antoine Wright

Yeah, I put Antoine Wright in there.. I still stand by the fact that he has a hell of a lot of talent and has a lot to offer this team.
Old 05-10-2009, 01:14 AM   #56
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Pipe Dream, smoke it while you can. No way the team gets Shaq and Bosh, rather have Bosh even though his natural position is at the 4 and play him at the 5. Bosh/ Joey Graham for JHO/ JJB/ Singletonor Bass/ first round pick...yes he is that much better than Josh.
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 07:10 PM   #57
Justin Credible

I don't think that we should trade out Bass and Howard in the same trade, and I sure as hell don't think we should trade Barea without getting another PG. As it stands right now he'll be our only PG next season..
Old 05-10-2009, 07:43 PM   #58
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Why would anyone good want to come here when we've been screwed more than Bill Clinton.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 08:11 PM   #59
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

I think this is how I'm gonna spend my Sunday night...brainstorming for the summer as a keyboard GM.
Old 05-10-2009, 10:52 PM   #60
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
I think this is how I'm gonna spend my Sunday night...brainstorming for the summer as a keyboard GM.
I keyboard GM'd today as well

Kidd/Carter/Wallace/Dirk/O'Neal
Terry/Jackson/Gortat

Going to WAR with that 8 man rotation baby!
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 11:28 PM   #61
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Credible View Post
I don't think that we should trade out Bass and Howard in the same trade, and I sure as hell don't think we should trade Barea without getting another PG. As it stands right now he'll be our only PG next season..
Can find a pg in free agency easy.
Old 05-10-2009, 11:29 PM   #62
mavs777
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazi View Post
I keyboard GM'd today as well

Kidd/Carter/Wallace/Dirk/O'Neal
Terry/Jackson/Gortat

Going to WAR with that 8 man rotation baby!
carter??? As in Anthony?
Old 05-10-2009, 11:33 PM   #63
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
Can find a pg in free agency easy.
In FA sure...but none that we can afford that is better than our #1 FA target for the PG spot.
Old 05-11-2009, 01:16 AM   #64
Justin Credible

Yeah, that's the problem. They'll have to find a PG that produces without costing an insane amount of money in the process so that they can try to make good on their promise to bring a superstar next to Dirk.

You know who would be a great PG for us? Ah damn, what's his name... the goofy PG that can go up for 40 points in a game and does a pretty good with driving the lane..plays for the Nets..

Last edited by Justin Credible; 05-11-2009 at 01:16 AM.
Old 05-11-2009, 08:01 AM   #65
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You know who would be a great PG for us? Ah damn, what's his name... the goofy PG that can go up for 40 points in a game and does a pretty good with driving the lane..plays for the Nets..
I bet Phoenix would have made the playoffs if Devin Harris was on THIS squad (him & JJB together on the court would be a train wreck...)

Last edited by Underdog; 05-11-2009 at 08:03 AM.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:30 AM   #66
Justin Credible

I'm not one of those that harps on the Kidd trade because I think that it really did prove to be great for our team (having kidd, not the insane trade itself). That being said I think that having Devin Harris here on this team would've changed quite a bit for the better. Faster tempo, another scorer, and Barea could come off the bench and play at the same tempo.

But basically that means nothing now, especially in this thread.

I'd really like to see Nate Robinson here. The guy has heart and toughness, two things that we could use a little more of.
Old 05-11-2009, 11:02 AM   #67
Underdog

Quote:
I'm not one of those that harps on the Kidd trade because I think that it really did prove to be great for our team (having kidd, not the insane trade itself). That being said I think that having Devin Harris here on this team would've changed quite a bit for the better. Faster tempo, another scorer, and Barea could come off the bench and play at the same tempo.
I'll tell you what we'd have with Harris - another loser from the 2006 Finals...

Speaking of which, I want to see 3 out of 4 of these guys gone this summer:

JET
Josh
Damp
Stack

It's time to rid this team of its loser mentality... We need fresh blood that doesn't carry the scars of defeat under the Mavericks banner...

Old 05-11-2009, 11:27 AM   #68
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I'll tell you what we'd have with Harris - another loser from the 2006 Finals...

Speaking of which, I want to see 3 out of 4 of these guys gone this summer:

JET
Josh
Damp
Stack

It's time to rid this team of its loser mentality... We need fresh blood that doesn't carry the scars of defeat under the Mavericks banner...
Remember what I said, "the final run"

I'm saving my thoughts for the Offseason thread I will make.
Hopefully it doesn't need to be created tonight!
Old 05-11-2009, 03:43 PM   #69
mavs777
Diamond Member

Howard is not a loser, he actually cares as was evident in game 3, I wouldn't be against trading him or Jet but it is clear the team will lose a lot if they trade 1 of those 2 they bring a lot to the table
Old 05-11-2009, 05:00 PM   #70
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
Howard is not a loser, he actually cares as was evident in game 3, I wouldn't be against trading him or Jet but it is clear the team will lose a lot if they trade 1 of those 2 they bring a lot to the table
Game 3 ain't got sh!t on the last 3 seasons - Josh Howard is a loser...

Old 05-11-2009, 07:29 PM   #71
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Josh, Jet, Damp, Kidd in that order. Move em along.

I look forward to our upcoming moves. Not sure I expect great ones but I do expect something.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 09:18 PM   #72
MX425

MX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to all

I agree with all but Terry. I think he brings us a little swagger.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:24 PM   #73
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX425 View Post
I agree with all but Terry. I think he brings us a little swagger.
His 6th Man award also brings us higher trade value...

(because I don't give a damn about regular season awards - JET has been a non-factor in the playoffs since 2006...)

Old 05-11-2009, 09:58 PM   #74
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

2 guys i really want and i don't think are impossible to get are Caron Butler or Michael Redd.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:25 PM   #75
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
His 6th Man award also brings us higher trade value...

(because I don't give a damn about regular season awards - JET has been a non-factor in the playoffs since 2006...)
It might bring some value but his contract isn't going to do that value any favors. Most teams are only thinking about 1-2 years down the road with contracts and his goes past that thought process.

I really don't see it with him...they'll probably try, but I don't think anyone bites.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:42 PM   #76
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
It might bring some value but his contract isn't going to do that value any favors. Most teams are only thinking about 1-2 years down the road with contracts and his goes past that thought process.

I really don't see it with him...they'll probably try, but I don't think anyone bites.
That's fine with me though - out of JET, Josh, Damp & Stack, I'd prefer to keep JET...

Just reiterating the point that the core of this team's psyche is still fractured from the 2006 playoffs so it's time to break the core apart...

Old 05-11-2009, 11:53 PM   #77
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
That's fine with me though - out of JET, Josh, Damp & Stack, I'd prefer to keep JET...

Just reiterating the point that the core of this team's psyche is still fractured from the 2006 playoffs so it's time to break the core apart...
Yup...I think 2 of those 4 are gone for sure...3 will be the interesting number.
Old 05-12-2009, 05:48 AM   #78
mpb319

mpb319 is a jewel in the roughmpb319 is a jewel in the roughmpb319 is a jewel in the rough

We need to realize that this team has flaws. We have seen them all season long.
One thing that has improved is the fight in the Mavs. They are fighting now and not surrendering.
It is not time to blow the team up by trading the 2nd and 3rd best scorers on the team.
Josh Howard's trade value will be better than last off-season but not by much. He will be coming off of ankle surgery and we will not get a comparable return for his talents.
JET is coming off winning the 6th man award but he would really only be of value to a good team who is missing a bench shooter from winning a title and a team like that does not give up a good player in return, so we would doubtfully get better from moving either player.
Damp and Stack as a package could maybe bring a player if we move before Stack's $$$ goes down. If we are not able to get a Gasol like deal then Damp should not be moved. He does what he does. Plays tough post D, rebounds on both ends, and sets some mean picks. Could he score more? Yeah, but do you want to take shots from Dirk?
If we are unable to get a clear upgrade then we need to then look for a complementary piece. Damp has trouble with athletic mobile big guys...ok? So we would need to try to acquire an athletic mobile 6'10 big man to pair with Dirk. Bass is just too short to be that effective for long stretches.
Antonio McDyess would be a target for me. Better offensively and not a slouch on D.
mpb319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 06:25 PM   #79
Thomas86
Golden Member

Quote:

why are you keep leaving Dirk out of the core?...he hasn't been the same since either, I know Dirk is playing good right now but the 2006 Dirk would make the Dirk we see now look like a joke, Dirk is apart of the core just like Damp, Terry, and Josh....lets say the Lakers "where to offer" Kobe for Dirk again would you do it?

Last edited by Thomas86; 05-12-2009 at 06:28 PM.
Old 05-12-2009, 07:52 PM   #80
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas86 View Post
why are you keep leaving Dirk out of the core?...he hasn't been the same since either, I know Dirk is playing good right now but the 2006 Dirk would make the Dirk we see now look like a joke, Dirk is apart of the core just like Damp, Terry, and Josh....lets say the Lakers "where to offer" Kobe for Dirk again would you do it?
If the offer is Kobe? Sure...

Otherwise I don't see any reason to include Dirk's name in this conversation...

I still think each player is still great individually, but they've been together for 4 years now... I'd imagine not having to look at the same faces you've lost with over & over again would be the kind of change that could re-inject life into an NBA player's career (see Devin Harris for reference...)