Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 05-09-2009, 12:07 AM   #1
tybrock

tybrock is a jewel in the roughtybrock is a jewel in the roughtybrock is a jewel in the roughtybrock is a jewel in the rough
Default What would you do?

Now this look at the off season does not forget about the present. Our Mavs are certainly not done with the Nuggets.

Basically, what do you think the Mavs off season plans should include? Doesn't matter if it's roster related or coaching changes.

1. LET D.GEORGE GO! simple

2. Re-signings: J.Kidd is a priority. B.Bass can still be effective. J.Singleton is versatile and shows a lot of hustle. R.Hollins also brings a lot of energy. G.Green depends on roster space.

3. Free Agent Signing: I'm gonna show some love for S.Marion. I think his versatility would be great for the Mavs. He still plays great defense. He is meant for a running system, and is at his best when playing with a distributive point guard. Marion is more of a mid-range to inside player. We need a player with that mindset to go to the basket. Also, I think he is a more realistic option when it come to our MLE.

4. After watching this series with Denver. I have become even more of a fan for the Shaq trade. We need a big man that commands respect down low. I think it is safe to say Shaq would not be phased by Denver's physical play. If we can pull it off with Stack and Damp then you pull the trigger. If this deal isn't possible then I would go with Kaman. He may not have the same effect as Shaq, but the boy can still play. Also, he already has great chemistry with Dirk thanks to the Olympics. SHAQ PREFERRED!

5. I'm still taking a look at this years draft so I'll get back to you on this one.

6. A look at the depth chart

J.Kidd/J.J.Barea
J.Howard/J.Terry/M.Carroll
S.Marion/A.Wright/S.Williams
D.Nowitzki/B.Bass/J.Singleton
S.O'Neal/R.Hollins
(Will have some differences depending on draft. May include G.Green)

7. That starting group would really be threat on both sides of the floor. The addition of Marion and Shaq would make up for Kidd's lack of speed and Dirk's inability at times to defend down low. They would also increase our rebounding dramatically. Every one of these guys are good rebounders. We all know this team is at its best off rebounds and on the fast break. Kidd would now have two solid finishers on the break. This unit is also deadly on the offensive end. Dirk will do his thing. Howard can do it all inside and out. Marion gets the majority of his points going to the basket which is great for us. Kidd will be able to live beyond the arc. With Dirk being an outside player the post will BELONG TO SHAQ! The second unit won't see much change. Jet will still be one the runway. The others will continue to get better with age and experience

8. I have been satisfied with the coaching to this point. I'm sure there will be some assistant coach changes.

I'm interested in seeing where we are on the same page, but also what you think would be better, or additions to what I've put.

Last edited by tybrock; 05-11-2009 at 05:05 PM.
tybrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-2009, 11:34 PM   #2
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

The problem with Kaman is his tendency to play soft though he surely has improved a lot rebounding and on the offensive end. That starting 5 looks deadley btu will have some trouble shooting the three, i wouldn't mind trying to add a guy like J.J Reddick in a trade to try to bolster the teams shooting, for the most part I agree with you, but no way Stack and Damp will be enough, I wouldn't be against trading JJB, Singleton, or/and Hollins
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 04:48 AM   #3
cinemablend

cinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
That starting 5 looks deadley btu will have some trouble shooting the three
Not if Dirk gets back to being the 3-point shooter he used to be (and he probably could be again with that kind of lineup)... and if you need more 3-point shooting you bring in Terry off the bench. Plus you have Kidd who has proven himself a flat out deadly 3-point shooter when he's open.

So when you need more shooting you have Terry, Dirk, and Kidd on the floor together and then move Howard to the 4, and Howard can hit a three now and then, with Shaq in the middle.

You're fine.

Of course I think there's now way in the world the above lineup will ever actually happen, but it would be great if it did.
cinemablend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 04:56 AM   #4
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

I don't know about you guys but i would shop Josh around and see what we can get for him.
Old 05-11-2009, 08:05 AM   #5
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkgreatness View Post
I don't know about you guys but i would shop Josh around and see what we can get for him.
I'd shop every player not named Dirk...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 04:40 PM   #6
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I'd shop every player not named Dirk...
Agreed.
Old 05-11-2009, 05:05 PM   #7
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

I'm freakin crazy...anybody disagree?

Nobody is untouchable...

I would go into rebuild mode...keeping my intentions private...but I would take a look at what I could get for any and all players.

What about mulitple 1st round picks, trying to accumulate opportunity for snagging up some future phenoms.

I would rather win it all, or lose it all...being competitive is frustrating...ask lifelong Utah Jazz fans, would they trade years of winning in for one Championship...heck, would us Mavs fans trade 50 win seasons for one championship?

Ask the Heat fans, they at least have a Championship to show for it...

Dirk is no doubt, THE Franchise...but if he could bring some serious value in a trade, I would have no problem pulling it off...the question...what is fair value?

What would you find as fair trade value for Dirk?
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 05:09 PM   #8
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Won't get fair value for Dirk.

Gasol, Ariza, Bynum, first round pick, and Shannon Brown seems like a decent deal for the future but L.A wouldn't do it. Trading Dirk would be a mistake believe me Mavs won't get equal value for Dirk
Old 05-11-2009, 05:14 PM   #9
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Trading Dirk would be a mistake believe me Mavs won't get equal value for Dirk
Especially since he has 4-5 good years left in him...

(and anyone who doesn't agree with that notion should take a look at Dirk's stats in this series - they're better than his career playoff averages...)

Last edited by Underdog; 05-11-2009 at 05:15 PM.
Old 05-11-2009, 05:35 PM   #10
tybrock

tybrock is a jewel in the roughtybrock is a jewel in the roughtybrock is a jewel in the roughtybrock is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinemablend View Post
Not if Dirk gets back to being the 3-point shooter he used to be (and he probably could be again with that kind of lineup)... and if you need more 3-point shooting you bring in Terry off the bench. Plus you have Kidd who has proven himself a flat out deadly 3-point shooter when he's open.

So when you need more shooting you have Terry, Dirk, and Kidd on the floor together and then move Howard to the 4, and Howard can hit a three now and then, with Shaq in the middle.

You're fine.

Of course I think there's now way in the world the above lineup will ever actually happen, but it would be great if it did.
You've got the right idea. If we are playing a team that we can exploit with shooters then you bring in Jet for Marion. Once he's in every one on the perimeter can shoot 3's. You gotta love having one of the few bigs that can take that shot as well!

I wouldn't completely look pass the possibility of this lineup. Marion wants to go to a winning team. I believe we could be one of the leading contenders for him. I worry about the Spurs and Suns a little, but after them I don't see another winning team looking for help at SF. I see Shaq wanting to be traded, and the Suns looking to move him due to money reasons. I don't believe Damp and Stack would be enough either. Although it would save them some pretty good money. They buyout Stack, and get a replacement C with Damp who I believe has a team option. Since the point of the deal is to save the Suns money, maybe Cubes could throw in some to help. Since it is not a deep draft throw in our 2nd round pick.........can you blame me for trying Your right though in that this would be a great lineup!
Old 05-11-2009, 05:39 PM   #11
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

There's nothing that we could do besides acquiring another all-star.

Look what happen to Cleavland and L.A.
We wanted to do the same thing with Kidd but it didn't work out.

If we can't do that then I say we let Dirk walk in 2010 and find himself a new home.
The only reason I'm a Mavs fan is due to Dirk. I'm not a MFFL but a DFFL.

I want him to win a title more than anything. Also not the way freaking Sam Alien Cassel did last year with the Celtics. I want Dirk to win a NBA championship while being a huge role in that Championship.
Old 05-11-2009, 05:41 PM   #12
tybrock

There is no deal I would take for Dirk. I'm sure Boston was tempted with Pierce.....look how that turned out. They were a team that sent away young talent and draft picks for a star.
Old 05-11-2009, 05:42 PM   #13
tybrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaVs 41 BaLler View Post
There's nothing that we could do besides acquiring another all-star.

Look what happen to Cleavland and L.A.
We wanted to do the same thing with Kidd but it didn't work out.

If we can't do that then I say we let Dirk walk in 2010 and find himself a new home.
The only reason I'm a Mavs fan is due to Dirk. I'm not a MFFL but a DFFL.

I want him to win a title more than anything. Also not the way freaking Sam Alien Cassel did last year with the Celtics. I want Dirk to win a NBA championship while being a huge role in that Championship.
I don't think it can be put better than this!
Old 05-11-2009, 05:43 PM   #14
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by tybrock View Post
There is no deal I would take for Dirk. I'm sure Boston was tempted with Pierce.....look how that turned out. They were a team that sent away young talent and draft picks for a star.
We can't do that because we don't have young talent or draft picks.

Celtics just had a crappy team with an all-star.
Old 05-11-2009, 05:48 PM   #15
tybrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaVs 41 BaLler View Post
We can't do that because we don't have young talent or draft picks.

Celtics just had a crappy team with an all-star.
True! Just pushing the point that we don't have to trade Dirk to get this team going again. If we can pull off a star who can really gel with this team like M.Williams or P.Gasol did with their teams. We could be dangerous

Lucky for us money saving pieces could be as valuable as young players and draft picks. Especially instant money savers like Stack.

Last edited by tybrock; 05-11-2009 at 05:59 PM.
Old 05-11-2009, 11:52 PM   #16
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Especially since he has 4-5 good years left in him...

(and anyone who doesn't agree with that notion should take a look at Dirk's stats in this series - they're better than his career playoff averages...)
This, again...

Old 05-12-2009, 06:09 AM   #17
mpb319

mpb319 is a jewel in the roughmpb319 is a jewel in the roughmpb319 is a jewel in the rough

I think we try the Celtic model before we go to rebuilding mode.
I have been spoiled from the fact that when I moved to Dallas the team was just getting to the point of making the playoffs.
I didn't suffer thru the 20 win seasons...and I'm not looking to do that now.
Do you want to be the Timberwolves?
I sure as hell don't!
The Mavs have a SUPERSTAR in Dirk, some very good pieces in Josh, JET, and JKidd. Some decent role players in Damp, Wright, Bass, JJ and some youth in Hollins and G$.
You don't blow up a team that has won 50 games 9 years in a row just because you are tired of not winning it all.
Is it completely satisfying to be really good but not the best? NO! I was a Braves fan for alot of years...but I was also a fan when they were losing 100 games a year and trust me...that sucked!
Add pieces to the mix.
Resign JKidd.
Move Stackhouse, George, Damp if there is a definite upgrade, Carroll, Williams, one of Bass or Singleton.
Add a taller wing defender, Marion (best case) Jamario Moon (cheaper alternative).
Add a defensive minded quick PG, probably best done thru the draft.
Add a Low Post Scorer, something the Mavs have needed forever.
If we cannot move Damp - Add a PF/C who is tall enough to play the more athletic 4/5 combo guys and score a little too, Antonio McDyess?
Make every effort to get a title in the next 2-3 years...and if it doesn't happen...then blow it up.
mpb319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 12:03 AM   #18
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

No way we trade Dirk. With a low post presence, someone to take the pressure off of him he's unguardable. We should look at adding another"star"in a trade(Shaq,Bosh, Redd,Jefferson)preferably one that makes our defense better too. also a penetrating, quick PG/SG that can make an open 3. Felton would be ideal. Marion, Jack, Artest would be nice consolation prizes. if Jonny Flynn's there where we draft we pounce on him! even move up a few spots. We're actually in pretty good shape. This team showed resilience and heart in these last 6 weeks or so. We have assets. We have Cuban's $. We have 2 or 3 big additions coming this offseason. A 1st round pick to get excited about(unless we use it to sweeten a deal for a big name). Dirk's in his prime. Carlisle can coach. I'm excited about the future...
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 02:14 AM   #19
mavs777
Diamond Member

The problem with Bosh is he doesn't "compliment" Nowitzki he also likes the 16-20 foot jumper.
Old 05-14-2009, 03:09 AM   #20
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The problem with Bosh is he doesn't "compliment" Nowitzki he also likes the 16-20 foot jumper.
I agree i'm not actually in the "we need Bosh" camp either. But he does have some post game, a little more than Dirk. And we would have 2 guys you really need to double. I mean Bosh is a little like Garnett in that he likes to shoot jumpers but if you single cover him in the post he'll make you pay 8 out of 10 times. He'd match up well w/ gasol, nene, illgauskas, dwight howard in the playoffs. Damp/Stack/1st rd. pick for Bosh & J-Ho for Marion sign and trade. Felton with the full mid-level. A back up center w/ the lower level(nesterovic?pachulia)= Championship. (I'm dreaming, i know)
Old 05-14-2009, 03:28 AM   #21
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

I like where you're going, I would do Damp/Stack/1st for Bosh. Keep Jho. sign Artest. draft back up PG.

kidd
jho
artest
dirk
bosh

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 04:18 AM   #22
dmakk

dmakk is on a distinguished road

The first thing I'd do is try to get another scorer on the wing. With the glut of guard/forward combos that Golden State has, they may be willing to part with a Maggette, Jackson, or Crawford for an expiring contract (if not, Don Nelson will probably have them on the floor together for most of next season). I'd definitely say no to any undersized guys at their position, like AI or Ben Gordon, unless we're getting rid of Terry, too. Andre Miller or Marbury makes sense to go after in free agency if Kidd doesn't come back. Test the waters with restricted free agents like Marvin Williams or Hakim Warrick if we get rid of Josh. Otherwise, go after Shaq. I'm another supporter of this trade because he'll probably be very compatible with Dirk. Pretty much, bring more talent in at all costs to help Dirk.
dmakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 05:07 AM   #23
darkwitzki
Golden Member

darkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of light

We need Bigs = Kaman or Shaq
We need slashers = Barnes or Marion
We need PG - Hinrich or a draft pick
Old 05-14-2009, 11:45 AM   #24
mac222b
Diamond Member

as much as i would love Shaq people forget Kaman averaged almost 16/13/3blks. per game 2 yrs. ago when he was healthy. Of course, he's often injured. Shaq is durable. But we have a much smaller window. Tough choice i hope we have to make. With Kaman being cheaper, presumably, and younger i think he gets the nod. If we can get him for Stack's contract and filler, or for Damp, we keep an asset to use elsewhere. I agree Darkwitzki--Barnes/Marion, Hinrich--all good. Our defense would improve immensely.
Old 05-14-2009, 02:06 PM   #25
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby View Post
I like where you're going, I would do Damp/Stack/1st for Bosh. Keep Jho. sign Artest. draft back up PG.

kidd
jho
artest
dirk
bosh
I'll take some of what he's having.

Not realistic, IMO, but I'd take it.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 02:32 PM   #26
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Resign Kidd
See what it would take for GWallace ( or Kirilenko) (Damp/JHo for GWallace and SNT Felton?).
See if you can figure out a SNT for Rasheed ( or Chandler/Camby/Kaman) (Stack + maybe).
See what Channing Frye can be had for (LLE maybe).
Resign Singleton.
Decide if Green can help you or not.

Move Damp, Stack, JHo, Williams, Bass, George and Carrol.

Kidd, Felton, JJB
Wright, Terry,
GWallace (Kirilenko), Singleton,
Dirk, Frye
Rasheed(Chandler), Hollins

More Offense, Defense, and all around scoring.

Rasheed so you could have your own thug, and let's face it he is intense and has range and nastiness.
GWallace has all the skills to take it to the rack and defend.
Frye plays better D than Bass, and is taller.

I'd also look for another energy player, someone like Najera at vet min.

<edit> forgot to add Camby or Kaman with Chandler.

Also, I don't think Artest is an option - just my opinion. I think TMac would be easier to get than Artest (someone will pay him, probably Houston). Shaq and TMac are the two players that might be available that were at one time on the top 5 list. Not sure either will ever be close again though.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson

Last edited by dalmations202; 05-14-2009 at 03:57 PM.
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 03:44 PM   #27
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202 View Post
Resign Kidd
See what it would take for GWallace ( or Kirilenko) (Damp/JHo for GWallace and SNT Felton?).
See if you can figure out a SNT for Rasheed ( or Chandler) (Stack maybe).
See what Channing Frye can be had for (LLE maybe).
Resign Singleton.
Decide if Green can help you or not.

Move Damp, Stack, JHo, Williams, Bass, George and Carrol.

Kidd, Felton, JJB
Wright, Terry,
GWallace (Kirilenko), Singleton,
Dirk, Frye
Rasheed(Chandler), Hollins

More Offense, Defense, and all around scoring.

Rasheed so you could have your own thug, and let's face it he is intense and has range and nastiness.
GWallace has all the skills to take it to the rack and defend.
Frye plays better D than Bass, and is taller.

I'd also look for another energy player, someone like Najera at vet min.
good stuff.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 03:52 PM   #28
tybrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
as much as i would love Shaq people forget Kaman averaged almost 16/13/3blks. per game 2 yrs. ago when he was healthy. Of course, he's often injured. Shaq is durable. But we have a much smaller window. Tough choice i hope we have to make. With Kaman being cheaper, presumably, and younger i think he gets the nod. If we can get him for Stack's contract and filler, or for Damp, we keep an asset to use elsewhere. I agree Darkwitzki--Barnes/Marion, Hinrich--all good. Our defense would improve immensely.
I've actually begun to move more towards Kaman myself. However, I'm not sure that they will do it for Stack and a filler. I believe they would make the move for Howard straight up though. If you can pull off Marion for the MLE, and then use Stack and filler/s to find an upgrade for the SG spot, we should be fine. To make this work we will have to re-sign Kidd. I'm torn when it come to the SG spot.

Could be available via trade:

Michael Redd: The Bucks are looking to save money. With the pieces we have left. We would probably have to throw in our 1st round pick.

Vince Carter: The Nets are reluctant to trade Carter. They would want talent as well as money savings. Perhaps draft picks as well.

Jason Richardson: The Suns are another team with money issues. Jason could be a realistic target for us. The Suns really like him though.

Richard Hamilton: Dumars is in a complete rebuilding mode. I believe both Hamilton and Prince will be on the market.

Tracy McGrady: After this season, you better believe Houston is interested in dealing him. His huge contract makes it a little harder.

Jamal Crawford: They would like him to opt out, but will listen to offers. He would be the easiest out of those above. Is he worth it though?

There are a handful of others to consider. This spot has been a pain for us since M.Finley. Interested to see where you guys think we should go with this spot.
Old 05-14-2009, 04:35 PM   #29
mac222b
Diamond Member

Tybrock- of the guys you listed i think i'd go w/ Vince, Rip, Redd, Crawford in that order.
the thinking being VC would really take pressure off of Dirk on offense and would get calls in the playoffs. Rip has slipped a little but is still active and is proly the best defender of the bunch. And has championship pedigree. Redd is coming off injury. Crawford is a clutch shooter- he's fearless. But a little too much like Jet. I still think a combo guard like Felton or Jack is our best bet. We could use the flexibility w/ Kidd. Even Earl Watson would help. I've said it before but i'd love to see VC next to Dirk... who do you guard? VC is an underrated passer. btw i think Sheed is done. stay away.
Old 05-14-2009, 05:12 PM   #30
erdubya

erdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really nice

I say keep Kidd/Barea/Dirk/Singleton/Wright and projects Green & Hollins.... hold a firesale for everybody else in order to bring Caron Butler & Shaq to this team.

That means Stack/Jet/Josh/Bass (he needs 30 mins a game...won't get em here)/Damp/and the shooter who can't shoot (forgot his name) must go. It's hard but we gotta shake this thing up.

erdubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 04:24 PM   #31
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Mavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to behold

I would like to see us resign Kidd followed by a trade for Shaq who I feel still has a free good years left in him. Also he would give a more psychical presence against teams like Denver.
Old 05-19-2009, 02:50 PM   #32
craggmac
Golden Member

craggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavsfan4ever View Post
I would like to see us resign Kidd followed by a trade for Shaq who I feel still has a free good years left in him. Also he would give a more psychical presence against teams like Denver.
Agreed. And the if it doesn't work then we shop them both around next season.
craggmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 05:30 PM   #33
DIRKNOWITZKI

DIRKNOWITZKI is on a distinguished road

The Mavs will sign Flip Murray with the BAE.
I say resign Kidd, Bass and Singleton and Green
Let Hollins go, replace him via draft (Blair)
Shop J-Ho and Wright, swap Damp and Stack for a center (Shaq)
I like our core for the most part. Keep Barea and I like Carroll
Bring back JaJuan Smith from last year's summer league squad
Let George go and deal Williams
DIRKNOWITZKI is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
free psychical, got a bit fluffy in here