Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 06-25-2009, 03:08 PM   #1
Itachi

Itachi is on a distinguished road
Default Magic in talks to acquire Nets’ Carter

Source
sports.yahoo.com

The New Jersey Nets are in advanced discussions to send Vince Carter to the Orlando Magic for Rafer Alston, Tony Battie, and Courtney Lee, a source with knowledge of the negotiations told Yahoo! Sports.

If the Nets move Carter, they will draft Louisville shooting guard Terrence Willams at No. 11, if he’s still available.

The source categorgized the deal as “close” and it could be consummated by the end of the night.
Itachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2009, 03:12 PM   #2
Zki41

Zki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to all

And here I thought Cleveland was home free with Shaq...
Zki41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 03:15 PM   #3
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Check.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 04:29 PM   #4
dayman

dayman will become famous soon enough

deals pretty much done....i wasnt huge on VC but im starting to think the mavs are just trying to let something fall into there lap, or they think something bigger is going to come around...im slowly becoming depressed.
"The New Jersey Nets have agreed to a trade in principle with the Magic that will send Vince Carter and Ryan Anderson to Orlando for Rafer Alston, Tony Battie and Courtney Lee, two league sources told ESPN.com."
I'm a man who discovered the wheel and built the Eiffel Tower out of metal and brawn. That's what kind of man I am. You're just a woman with a small brain. With a brain a third the size of us...... It's science.
dayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 04:58 PM   #5
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Mavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to behold

When will our FO take the stick's out of their butt's and make some moves it's like they are not even trying.
Old 06-25-2009, 06:10 PM   #6
MaVs0541

MaVs0541 is on a distinguished road

omg everyone is getting traded but not to us wow donnie needs to be FIRED if we dont do anything big im gonna be very very mad just cant believe it we better no still be like o we like our team cuz i dont want to hear that
MaVs0541 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 06:31 PM   #7
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

OMG WTF WATCH CAVS, SPURS, MAGIC, OR LAKERS ARE CHAMPS NEXT YEAR.

IF WE DONT DO ANYTHING THEN IM GONNA STOP WATCHING THE MAVS.

BUT I STILL LOVE DIRK. NO HOMO
Old 06-25-2009, 06:57 PM   #8
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

wow

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 06:58 PM   #9
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

hahah homos
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 06:59 PM   #10
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

I like this trade for the Magic and that was a great move. Hedo has really come on and doing what the Lakers do, giving the ball to Kobe and making him pg and saying, go and create, Orlando did with Hedo. It created bad probs for teams. The Lakers just had to much fire pwer for them. Lewis a good shooter with height, Howard is a monster in the middle, Hedo moving around like a pg with the ball is hard to guard, plus he is tall and now Carter that can shoot, drive or dunk. Then they have some good young guys.

Hedo better resign and stay as his chances for a title at Orlando with Howard, Carter and Lewis is about as good as anywhere. It will drain them to keep Hedo but if it was anyway to snag them a really good big man to back up Howard or that big Polish guy even get better and he was good this team is dangerous. What a battle and if Hedo stays it is a toss up with Orlando, Cleveland and Boston in the east. This might push Chicago to make a major move. Chicago has talent but can't get good for some reason. They did do good in the playoffs.

The Nets, just going to flounder around it looks like.
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 07:02 PM   #11
darkwitzki
Golden Member

darkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of light

If we got the 5th pick, we would have select Rubio..
Old 06-25-2009, 08:58 PM   #12
Itachi

Itachi is on a distinguished road

We drafted Mullens. I'm iffy on this pick. Hope we do something during free agency.

[edit] haha right after I post this, he gets traded.

Last edited by Itachi; 06-26-2009 at 01:31 PM. Reason: Traded this pick
Itachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 09:29 PM   #13
MascisMan

MascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to behold

got rid of Mullens for Beabois who is in France never to see the States. Yet another Euro stashing by Donnie Nelson.
MascisMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:09 PM   #14
JoshHoward4MVP

JoshHoward4MVP is on a distinguished road

Just imagine VC starting and having JET coming off the bench for him.

C'mon Donnie let's make some moves.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:03 AM   #15
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Hoping we can pry Redd away. He's a huge talent that is very attainable right now. If we can get him and a quality low post threat we'll be set.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 09:39 AM   #16
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkenstien View Post
Hoping we can pry Redd away. He's a huge talent that is very attainable right now. If we can get him and a quality low post threat we'll be set.
Why would Redd be "very attainable right now"?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 09:45 AM   #17
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

I love Redd, but I'd really like someone who's better at defense...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 10:15 AM   #18
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I love Redd...
*fixed*

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 06-26-2009, 10:41 AM   #19
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
*fixed*
Give me Marcus Camby to shut down the paint and I'll fall in love with the idea of Michael Redd...

(because Redd is a step up from JET on offense, but he's shockingly a step down on defense, even with a longer frame...)

Old 06-26-2009, 10:46 AM   #20
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

Redd's knees are probably done. I rather go for someone like Gerald Wallace at this point.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
TheMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 10:47 AM   #21
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Give me Marcus Camby to shut down the paint and I'll fall in love with the idea of Michael Redd...

(because Redd is a step up from JET on offense, but he's shockingly a step down on defense, even with a longer frame...)
my friend, there is NO step down on defense from Jason Eugene Terry.

And Redd is a sizable step up on the offensive end.

Old 06-26-2009, 10:52 AM   #22
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

here is another plus side with Redd vs. Terry

Redd: 29 years old
Terry: 31 years old

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
TheMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 11:06 AM   #23
Underdog

Quote:
my friend, there is NO step down on defense from Jason Eugene Terry.
Terry - 1.3 SPG / 0.3 BPG
Redd - 1.1 SPG / 0.1 BPG

(I did say "shockingly")

Quote:
And Redd is a sizable step up on the offensive end.
Not so much, actually...

Terry - 19.6 PPG / .463 FG% / .880 FT% / .366 3P%
Redd - 21.2 PPG / .455 FG% / .814 FT% / .366 3P%

Last edited by Underdog; 06-26-2009 at 11:07 AM.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:55 PM   #24
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

No to Redd and his knees. Worried w/ this talk of Jordan buying the Bobcats there won't be any movement with them for awhile...
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 03:59 AM   #25
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Great move for the magic.

Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote