Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 10-01-2002, 09:39 PM   #1
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

moving our stuff over here... so's we don't ruin the other thread [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

while we're showing off... here's my baby (except mine has a rosewood fretboard):

'72 Custom Telecaster.

Keith Richards style [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2002, 09:40 PM   #2
veruca salt
Platinum Member

veruca salt will become famous soon enough

sorry mr.rhylan.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Smile like you mean it
veruca salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 09:41 PM   #3
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

hehe...my bad
Old 10-01-2002, 09:45 PM   #4
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

well, i thought i could move the messages.. but I can't [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-01-2002, 09:47 PM   #5
veruca salt
Platinum Member

well while it's here, this is what i currently lust after.

Smile like you mean it
Old 10-01-2002, 09:49 PM   #6
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

is it hollow or just made to look that way? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-01-2002, 09:50 PM   #7
veruca salt
Platinum Member

oh my god Rhylan, i just went back to the other thread and saw your tele!!
Tele is like my dream, it's what i've wanted since i was like 5. I remember my dad had
this mint green tele (which he HATED) and it's my dream guitar.
I'm clearly never going to own one though, as i can't really even play.
I just like to hold them...and look cool.

Smile like you mean it
Old 10-01-2002, 09:56 PM   #8
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

That is a BADASS Rick Veruca...I can't play guitar but that makes me want one!
Old 10-01-2002, 09:58 PM   #9
veruca salt
Platinum Member

I know, me too. I saw it the other day when look for a bass for my boyfriend....i think
that guitar was what turned him off bass.

Smile like you mean it
Old 10-01-2002, 10:00 PM   #10
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

It's the best guitar there is [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] The classic. I can play music on it, or I can use it to disable intruders in my apt. Teles are SOLID!

Actually I wanted a good old fashioned blonde or maple '52 Tele like The Boss but it would have cost me about $1200. Maybe for my next guitar [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

But my next guitar will be in a couple more years and will probably be a Tex-Mex Strat or something. I dunno. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-01-2002, 10:04 PM   #11
veruca salt
Platinum Member

The best part about the Tele is it's a good looking guitar no matter what. From the plain black to the pinky/peach paisley nashvilles.
They're all good [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Smile like you mean it
Old 10-01-2002, 10:07 PM   #12
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

I'll try this again on a different server:

Old 10-01-2002, 10:11 PM   #13
veruca salt
Platinum Member

that is nice!

Smile like you mean it
Old 10-01-2002, 10:18 PM   #14
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

never mind.. here's what I'm getting

man... I hope these are still around when I can actually afford one [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 10-01-2002, 10:19 PM   #15
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

thank ya, ma'am!
Old 10-01-2002, 10:27 PM   #16
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ya'll should go to Schecter's website...they make some SWEEEET guitars.
Old 10-02-2002, 12:25 PM   #17
Novice#41
Golden Member

Novice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to behold

i would love to play guitar...

i think i will start to learn it soon...

but i better take one like this...

Novice#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 10:50 PM   #18
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

nice lookin' guitars... aaah, to dream! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Rhylan i had no idea you had a strat like the one pictured in the other thread. why, may i ask, do you think you'll for the tex-mex when you get your next one?

for those of you who don't know: rhylan plays a mean harmonica too, and if you wanna talk about some mind-expanding lyrics... well, just look to the man...

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-02-2002, 10:54 PM   #19
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

I don't know.. now that I found the Stevie Ray Vaughan strat below, i want that bad boy.. although it's like $1300 and I could get a good Texas strat for a lot less..

..I just want a little Texas-twang in the guitar before I amp it up and rock out. I'm a crossover artist. hehe

FYI --- the harmonica was a second-take ad-lib, that's all [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-02-2002, 10:59 PM   #20
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Honestly.. I want the Waylon Jennings tribute Tele. but that's ONLY $5000. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

this guy:

$3,200.. and that's 30% off msrp. oh well. dare to dream, boys and girls. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-03-2002, 04:44 AM   #21
veruca salt
Platinum Member

I just wouldn't be a proper girl if I didn't want this baby.
I was actually around at a friends house today playing his..*sigh*

Smile like you mean it
Old 10-03-2002, 04:12 PM   #22
senorfrog

senorfrog is on a distinguished road

<< I just wouldn't be a proper girl if I didn't want this baby.
I was actually around at a friends house today playing his..*sigh*
>>

I believe this is referred to as the &quot;Sperm Under a Microscope Guitar&quot;.
That would explain what you were &quot;playing&quot; at his house. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-03-2002, 07:17 PM   #23
veruca salt
Platinum Member

I really think you should see a doctor about that.

Smile like you mean it
Old 10-04-2002, 03:00 AM   #24
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

veruca, i would make practicing a priority if i had a guitar like your friend's pink one. that thing is awesome!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Rhylan, no need to be modest about your diverse musical abilities. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]