Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 05-17-2010, 05:46 PM   #1
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux View Post
So you must be thinking tex-Mex only. Mexican Queso is supposed to be white (queso blanco). Nashville has a HUGE Mexican population (granted not as big as Texas), and they do mexican food, not Tex-Mex.

Also have never heard of temperature hot salsa. Must be a texas thing. Not everything in Texas is the right way to do things.

I'm not a huge fan of cilantro. What restaurants are you going to?
No, not everything in Texas is the right way to do things. With that said, I have had Mexican food in 8 states and "tex-mex" is as good as I have found, (and yes, I have had authentic mexican food).

By the way, "Queso Blanco" means white cheese. Not Mexican cheese. Bottom line, it looks like what I am looking for is Chili con queso.

Temperature-hot salsa, yeah, probably a Texas thing. I just prefer it a great deal over the other options. This place serves it, and they have a number of restaurants around Waco/Temple/Killeen. Maybe they have some in Dallas - I dunno, but they count all of them, (Mexican Grille #2, #3, etc...).

As far as the restaurants - I don't even remember all of their names. I ate at Las Palmas, Cancun, Monterrey, and several other "mom and pop" restaurants. No luck... At least I have found that most everyone can make a pretty good Chimi.
Old 05-17-2010, 08:09 PM   #2
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male28Dan View Post
By the way, "Queso Blanco" means white cheese. Not Mexican cheese. Bottom line, it looks like what I am looking for is Chili con queso.
ha ha ha! I know what blanco means. You don't even need basic Spanish lessons to know that. I was saying that queso blanco is the traditional normal Mexican queso dip. white cheese is also used in queso fundido.

I like las palmas, the one near me is good. I do know that some of them aren't great, though. Maybe the one near you is one of those.

Mazatlan is also decent. Rosepepper cantina is the best, though.

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 05-17-2010 at 08:12 PM.
Big Boy Laroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:13 PM   #3
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux View Post
ha ha ha! I know what blanco means. You don't even need basic Spanish lessons to know that. I was saying that queso blanco is the traditional normal Mexican queso dip. The white cheese is also used in queso fundido.

I like las palmas, the one near me is good. I do know that some of them aren't great, though. Maybe the one near you is one of those.

Mazatlan is also decent. Rosepepper cantina is the best, though.
I haven't tried either of your two suggestions, but will definitely try Rosepepper Cantina since you say it is the best. I will give a review once I get that way.