Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 01-24-2003, 11:03 AM   #1
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

1. Boston Public
2. Fresh Prince of Bel Air
3. Fastlane
4. The Pretender
5. Baywatch

Your thoughts.........
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2003, 11:21 AM   #2
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

You gotta have the Simpsons somewhere in there...
Old 01-24-2003, 11:31 AM   #3
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

If these two count, they should be in the top 5. Price is Right, and The Johnny Carson Show
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Old 01-24-2003, 11:35 AM   #4
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

methinks nash13 just started watching tv 4 years ago....

ah, didn't see the carson show reference.

simpsons definitely gets a nod.

for me, presently, it is Scrubs and CSI, hands down.
Old 01-24-2003, 11:53 AM   #5
Nash13
Diamond Member

The reason i said Fastlane was b/c of last week's episode when Tiffany Amber Theissan made out with Jamie Priessly. Boston Public is the best show out right now.

Also, one of the most successful shows of the 90s is The Real World.

~The Salesman
Old 01-24-2003, 01:40 PM   #6
NYMavFan

NYMavFan is on a distinguished road

If cable tv counts...

The Sopranos
NYMavFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 02:24 PM   #7
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough

i guess its gotta be current,otherwise you have to count seinfeld.

i like "king of queens",funny shit.
nowitzki_prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 02:25 PM   #8
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

Oz.
Old 01-24-2003, 04:29 PM   #9
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

My list is a mix of old and new.

1. I love Lucy ( I don't care how many times I see a episode a laugh more every time)
2. Goodtimes (Same as above)
3. Martin (Once again, same as above lol.)
4. The Wire( I'm really liking this show. Finally something real)
5. The Sopranos

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 04:42 PM   #10
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all

Oh man I can't believe you didn't throw in:

1) Jackass
2) Southpark

The rest of mine:

3) Simpsons
4) MASH
5) Married with Children

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

These are things that I read and live by!
Ummmmm Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 05:02 PM   #11
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Top Five:

The Sopranos
A History of Britain
Monday Night Football
The Civil War
Dragonball

Honorable mention:

Jackass
Beavis and Butthead
The Man Show
I Claudius
NBA on TNT
The Simpsons
Southpark
Old 01-24-2003, 05:24 PM   #12
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

It looks as if we were all roomates the only day we could deal with each other is on Sundays lol.

1996-2005
Old 01-24-2003, 05:37 PM   #13
senorfrog

senorfrog is on a distinguished road

In no particular order:

These days Scrubs, The Simpsons, West Wing, Law and Order SVU, and (bowing head in shame...)American Idol

Old 01-24-2003, 05:51 PM   #14
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

I love all the great NBC shows: Law & Order, Law & Order: SVU, Law & Order: Criminal whatitsname, Law & Order: Scrubs, Law & Order: Will & Grace. And who can forget Law & Order: Friends?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Law & Order: Good Morning Miami is crap, though.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 06:25 PM   #15
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

<< I love all the great NBC shows: Law &amp; Order, Law &amp; Order: SVU, Law &amp; Order: Criminal whatitsname, Law &amp; Order: Scrubs, Law &amp; Order: Will &amp; Grace. And who can forget Law &amp; Order: Friends?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Law &amp; Order: Good Morning Miami is crap, though.
>>

ONe NBC show I am lookin foward to is Kingpin.

1996-2005
Old 01-24-2003, 06:42 PM   #16
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

Bear in the Big Blue House
House of Mouse
Darkwing Duck
Rocket Power
Read Between The Lions

And after the kids go to bed:

Basketball games (or course)
Emiril Live
Iron Chef
Will &amp; Grace
Southpark
The Christopher Lowell Show
This Old House
Trading Spaces
CNN Crossfire
Digital Music (Blues, Jazz, 80's, Old School Rap)
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 07:56 PM   #17
veruca salt
Platinum Member

veruca salt will become famous soon enough

OK TV shows...i hate these things because i know i'll leave something out.

My fave TV show of all time is..
TWIN PEAKS! can't beat it.

Other faves (at the moment of course)

The Office
Roswell
That 70's Show
Jackass
SNL
Simpsons
Boston Public
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

yeah, that'll do i guess.

Smile like you mean it
veruca salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 11:35 PM   #18
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

New(ish):
The Simpsons
Seinfeld
King of the Hill
Malcolm in the Middle
Scrubs
Frazier

Old:
All in the Family
Mary Tyler Moore Show
Bob Newhart Show
Barney Miller
Cheers (although the re-runs aren't ever funny anymore)

Why did they ever cancel:

Working
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2003, 12:05 AM   #19
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

1) Seinfeld
Too me it is **the show** that doesn't lose it's funniness. It just had so many great episodes. the &quot;mother was a mudder&quot; episode that had Kramer whipping the imaginary horse to victory. The &quot;Batman bus&quot; story that Kramer tells. The Magic Loogey episode.

2) Homicide: Life on the Street
Came after L&amp; O, but personally I feel it was the best crime show on television. Kyle Secor was great. And for the first year, they stuck so well to the book.

3) Law and Order
It was at it's best with the cast of Moriarity, Hennessy, Noth, Orbauch, and Hill. Simply amazing how long it has lasted. Usually show's in that genre lose their luster pretty quickly. While I think the show today isn't as good as it was 7 years ago, it still is a fine show.

4) Wings
That show had some of the greatest punchlines ever. Just wish it was in reruns.

5) Cheers
Much better in the Kirstie Alley, Woody Harrelson days. Norm had the sweetest gig.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2003, 01:40 PM   #20
Nash13
Diamond Member

1. Boston Public
2. Fresh Prince of Bel Air
3. Fastlane
4. The Pretender
5. Baywatch

Not to far off:
Living Single
Martin
Wayans Bros.
Sanford &amp; Son
Amen
Party of Five

~The Salesman
Old 01-25-2003, 01:51 PM   #21
sturm und drang
Golden Member

sturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura about

<<

4) Wings
That show had some of the greatest punchlines ever. Just wish it was in reruns.

>>

Hear, hear! Wings is totally underappreciated. What a great show.

To Wings, I add:

1.) The Golden Girls. I am not kidding. So clever, so much innuendo. I'm a sucker for the reruns on The Chick Channel.

2.) Six Feet Under. Brilliant. (Does anyone know when it's coming back?)

3.) Cribs. Embarrassing to admit (see Golden Girls admission above), but I cannot resist unabashed voyeurism.

4.) Saving the best for last... Absolutely Fabulous. The funniest show of all time, hands-down, without doubt. Debauchery, debauchery and more debauchery.

And worst TV show of all time? Any show during which the infamous Eddie Najera commercials-- was it a back clinic? an injury lawyer? I've tried to block them from my memory-- ran last year. I love Eddie, but those were the worst! Definite cringe-inducing. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-25-2003, 06:06 PM   #22
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Gosh its hard to pick 5, but here goes:

1. Mission Impossible
2. Mondy Night Football (with Cosell and Meridith)
3. The Cosby Show
4. Laugh In
5. The Carol Burnette Show
Old 01-25-2003, 06:09 PM   #23
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

Seinfeld
The Simpsons
Cheers
I Love Lucy
My mother the car

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2003, 06:10 PM   #24
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

just some that i like/liked off of the top of my head

family ties
Little House on the Prairie
ER
Saved by the Bell
Felicity
The Simpsons
Great American Hero
NYPD Blue
Growing Pains
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2003, 09:24 PM   #25
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Cosby Show -- gets an A+ for every episode.. was pure greatness from the beginning through when Denise went to college. After that, they shot a few bricks, but was still the best show on TV.

Cheers -- Kirstie Alley has always annoyed me.. but so did Shelley Long. To be honest, her, Sam, and Diane are the characters I care the least for throughout the series. When I was little, I was mad when Diane left and Sam lost the bar, so I have always disliked Rebecca more. The greatness of the show comes from Norm, Cliff, Woody/Coach, and Frasier. Early Frasier was pretty lame, but he was always good for a laugh once Lilith came along.

Seinfeld -- There was a time in the &quot;middle&quot; of this show, right before people started applauding Kramer's entrance, where this show was unreal. Even after The Show became bigger than the show, they were still greatness. This will be the show they're still talking about 50 years from now.

I can't rank these three. The are THE three.

..anything else is just a show wishing that it was one of these.

Honorable mention goes to:
Family Ties
Home Improvement -- first coupla years
Raymond -- early on
Fresh Prince -- after early-90's neon clothes, backwards overalls, and high-fade haircuts were gone
Perfect Strangers -- in the years before Cousin Larry threw every episode into the toilet with, &quot;Balki, I have a plan...&quot;
Coach -- Dauber and Luther. Once Hayden's daughter became nonexistent, and it was all about Hayden getting into trouble with Dauber and Luther, this show was awesome. It probably makes me laugh more than some of the shows I'd say are &quot;better.&quot; (Note: the post-Minnesota State years do not exist in my mind).
Simpsons -- once it became more about Homer than Bart.

ummm... sometimes That 70s Show has moments, same with King of the Hill. But they're too inconsistent.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2003, 11:26 PM   #26
veruca salt
Platinum Member

I can't believe I'm the only person here who loves Twin Peaks!

Smile like you mean it
Old 01-25-2003, 11:38 PM   #27
BrianJ

BrianJ is on a distinguished road

The Simpsons
Hunter
Quantum Leap
Married with Children
Seinfeld
Cheers
Conan O'Brian
The Shield
BrianJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2003, 11:41 PM   #28
BrianJ

How could I forget Duckman
Old 01-26-2003, 12:35 AM   #29
Nash13
Diamond Member

What about Unhappily Ever After, and Charlie's Angels, and Leave it To Beaver?

What's Twin's Peak

~The Salesman
Old 01-26-2003, 12:49 AM   #30
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

I can't believe I'm the only person here who loves Twin Peaks!

You are not alone Veruca. I just forgot to post it. The first season was brilliant. The second was good but kind of derivative. Lynch just didn't direct enough episodes. Fire Walk With Me was kind of a hodgepodge of a movie trying to bring closure to the series. Great stuff though...

But if you are looking for the real deal in the David Lynch filmography, Dune is it. I still think it is interesting the Lynch was originally supposed to direct the original Star Wars, and Dune provides an example of the kind of strange madness that SW could have been if that had come to pass...

Old 01-26-2003, 01:14 AM   #31
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

Veruca, Ev beat me to it...but I also loved Twin Peaks the first year.

All in The Family
Hill Street Blues
Sopranos
The old SNL
Six Feet Under
Iron Chef
The Korean Soccer Girl Hour
NBA League Pass

Must admit that I haven't looked at network television in years.

Lynch was originally supposed to direct the original Star Wars

--Are you kidding, Evil ? My mind cannot even conceive !
Old 01-26-2003, 01:22 AM   #32
veruca salt
Platinum Member

<< What about Unhappily Ever After, and Charlie's Angels, and Leave it To Beaver?

What's Twin's Peak
>>

What is Twin Peaks!
You must be young!

http://www.cenedra.com/twinpeaksmain.htm

it's only the bestest TV show ever.

Smile like you mean it
Old 01-26-2003, 01:51 AM   #33
turbo.mav

turbo.mav has a spectacular aura aboutturbo.mav has a spectacular aura about

my fav of all time

Boy Meets World
Saved by the Bell
Simpsons (good call on bart&lt;Homer , rhylan)
Bill Nye
Mah'eeeein!
Adult Swim
Thunder Cats
This week,.... in baseball
Stung(short lived show on mtv(anyone ever seen it?))
Fresh Prince of Bel Air
Ghostwriter
EPL wrapup on fox sports sw
That 70's show on occasion
bbc world news
turbo.mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2003, 03:48 AM   #34
BrianJ

turbo your on odd duck dude[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
thats the kind of response IK would expect from a member of the witness protection agency
Old 01-26-2003, 09:44 AM   #35
Nash13
Diamond Member

No turbo.mav did not say Bill Nye the Science Guy. Boy you just brought back some memories. He was the reason for me passing a physics test.

No one has yet to tell me what is Twin's Peak.

~The Salesman
Old 01-26-2003, 01:02 PM   #36
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

Blonde Bomber is on a distinguished road

1. Seinfeld - Greatest comedy show ever
2. Cheers - 2nd behind Seinfeld
3. Wings - didn't get much acclaim, but I loved it
4. 3's Company - who wouldn't like a show where one man lives with two hot chicks
5. A-Team - cmon its the A-Team

edit: CSI is gaining ground
Blonde Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2003, 03:04 PM   #37
veruca salt
Platinum Member

<<

>>

It's not really explainable, well not with my attention span anyway.
Which is why i posted the link.
How old are you? I was pretty young when it was on originally, and i remember
I wasn't allowed to watch it, and my parents were obsessed with it.
So if you're much younger than me, I guess it could easily mean nothing.
Do you know David Lynch?

Smile like you mean it
Old 01-26-2003, 03:06 PM   #38
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

<< No one has yet to tell me what is Twin's Peak. >>

www.google.com the answer to everything. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 01-27-2003, 05:07 PM   #39
senorfrog

<<

<<

>>

It's not really explainable, well not with my attention span anyway.
Which is why i posted the link.
How old are you? I was pretty young when it was on originally, and i remember
I wasn't allowed to watch it, and my parents were obsessed with it.
So if you're much younger than me, I guess it could easily mean nothing.
Do you know David Lynch?
>>

Twin Peaks...too bizarre for me.

Anyone remember one of my favorite miniseries, the V?
Old 01-27-2003, 05:09 PM   #40
senorfrog

How about this guy?