Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 09-17-2003, 04:25 PM   #41
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough
Default Calling out Troy Hambrick

Quote:
Originally posted by: Big Boy Laroux
What book is that?

from dictionary.com

Average: Usual or ordinary in kind or character.

Good: Being positive or desirable in nature; not bad or poor; Of high quality; Superior to the average

When referring to football imo average and good are the same thing. You have great, good, and bad. Thats just my opinion. You are intitled to yours.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2003, 04:35 PM   #42
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Calling out Troy Hambrick

true, i am entitled to mine. as you are entitled to yours.

but yours is wrong. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-17-2003, 04:39 PM   #43
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: Big Boy Laroux
true, i am entitled to mine. as you are entitled to yours.

but yours is wrong. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I don't see how. You basicaly said that Hambrick had some average runs out there. Good and average are the same thing. I don't go all out and say a guy ha da below average game. Below average is bad. Above average is Great. Average is good.

1996-2005
Old 09-17-2003, 04:44 PM   #44
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Calling out Troy Hambrick

average is not good! average is average! argh!
Old 09-17-2003, 06:25 PM   #45
Chicago JK

Chicago JK will become famous soon enough

Hambrick is a stop gap running back. I think he could be like a James Stewart caliber running back. A guy who could get 1000 yards on a low level team. Although my prediction for next year as the Cowboy running backs

1)A running back in the 1st or second round
2)Aveion Cason
3) and Curtis Martin

Martin sure doesn't look like he has much left, but he is an all time favorite of Bill. After the Jets go 3-13 this year I think they cut bait and hand the ball over to their younger back. I think bill would look to Martin to split carries with a young hotshot. Maybe a young breakaway speed back to go with the steady Martin. Just a stab in the dark.
Chicago JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 06:29 PM   #46
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd take Martin. I like that idea.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 06:41 PM   #47
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

I hate the fact that the Cowboys have so many questions at the skill positions of the field. If Quincy can play consistent and consistently have good games hopefully he is the Cowboy here next season. That give us less options that we need to upgrade in. As of right now with our first round pick I want a offensive or defensive lineman or a running back. Both fo those needs should be addressed in the 1st and 2nd rounds. I'm a bit afraid of drafting a defensive lineman looking at our previous years and how are defensive lineman have panned out. One thing about the Quincy Carter situation is that if he does play well and is the starter here next season that would mean the Cowboys would end up with a pretty good pick correct? I think if Quincy plays well we win.

1996-2005
Old 09-17-2003, 06:45 PM   #48
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm still on record for a 7-9 prediction >IF< Qok can play consistently. If we end up in that area, the pick should still get you a decent player.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote