Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 04-21-2010, 10:54 AM   #161
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX View Post
i've heard that bruce campbell is a good choice for the cowboys. he is out of maryland. i think hes like 6' 6" and 310 lbs
Norm just said that he isn't as good as Doug Free.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2010, 10:57 AM   #162
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
Norm just said that he isn't as good as Doug Free.
Aren't we looking for depth anyway?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 11:09 AM   #163
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

one scout said that bruce has the best body of anyone he has ever seen. lol
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 11:14 AM   #164
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Aren't we looking for depth anyway?
probably not looking for depth at 27.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 04-21-2010, 11:15 AM   #165
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX View Post
one scout said that bruce has the best body of anyone he has ever seen. lol
was that "scout" Underdog? Because he told flaco the same thing...

Old 04-21-2010, 11:17 AM   #166
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
probably not looking for depth at 27.
True, but what starting needs are we realistically going to fill with pick #27?

Our team doesn't have too many holes to fill at the starting positions in the first place - I think we move up in the draft...

Last edited by Underdog; 04-21-2010 at 11:20 AM.
Old 04-21-2010, 11:25 AM   #167
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
True, but what starting needs are we realistically going to fill with pick #27?

Our team doesn't have too many holes to fill at the starting positions in the first place - I think we move up in the draft...
I would be happy with a move up...bc that means Bryant (I think).

Old 04-21-2010, 11:32 AM   #168
sike
The Preacha

Stephen Jones and Norm talking Dez Bryant...Cowboys have clear interest in that dude.

which means there is ZERO chance we get him.

Old 04-21-2010, 11:33 AM   #169
sike
The Preacha

Norm is betting on the Cowboys "deal down" in the draft. I like that.

Old 04-21-2010, 11:34 AM   #170
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

I can see three or four players that might be starters (at least by game 8) that might fall to Dallas.

FS - Earl Thomas
OL - Pouncey or Iupati
WR - Dez Bryant

I could see them trading up a few spots for one of these four (or sitting still), but I would guess they trade down (if they can find a partner) if none of these is available.

Any of these guys, I think, would be starting at least by mid season.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 12:09 PM   #171
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202 View Post
Any of these guys, I think, would be starting at least by mid season.
Gotta get a starter in the first. I'm sure someone will fall to them.

Old 04-21-2010, 01:14 PM   #172
sike
The Preacha

what a great video

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallascowboy...medium=twitter

Old 04-21-2010, 01:25 PM   #173
Underdog

Quote:
Oh, hell yeah - I'd love to see us move up to get Thomas.

Old 04-21-2010, 01:38 PM   #174
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Oh, hell yeah - I'd love to see us move up to get Thomas.
its an interesting thought. I tend to lean toward the theory that says give up good picks/players for the chance to get 1 great one.

When you think a guy is a sure thing...go for it.

Old 04-21-2010, 01:59 PM   #175
Underdog

Quote:
I tend to lean toward the theory that says give up good picks/players for the chance to get 1 great one.
100% agree.

I'm also not against trading picks for veterans (sometimes you end up with an underachieving Roy Williams, but it's no worse than a high draft pick going bust... Booby Carpenter, anyone?)

Last edited by Underdog; 04-21-2010 at 02:00 PM.
Old 04-21-2010, 03:40 PM   #176
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
100% agree.

I'm also not against trading picks for veterans (sometimes you end up with an underachieving Roy Williams, but it's no worse than a high draft pick going bust... Booby Carpenter, anyone?)
we're just having an agreefest here.

Old 04-22-2010, 03:46 PM   #177
Mavericks Rockets Fan

Mavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to all
Quote:
we're just having an agreefest here.
100% agree
Old 04-22-2010, 05:14 PM   #178
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

here's what i'd like to see happen:

cowboys trade 27th pick, Bobby Carpenter, Marcus Spears, ___ round pick, ___ round pick in 2011 draft to miami ::

miami trades 12th pick, justin smiley to dallas, possibly a late round pick this year too (5th, 6th).

you in effect get a hopefully stud Free Safety in Earl Thomas with the 12th pick, and then a solid guard in Smiley who can compete for a starting job or be a really solid back up choice.

Last edited by mkat; 04-22-2010 at 05:15 PM.
mkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 06:29 PM   #179
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Get a player who doesn't suck. That's it.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 06:55 PM   #180
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

that's hard to know til they get on the field.
Old 04-22-2010, 08:35 PM   #181
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Zzzzzzzzzz

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 09:01 PM   #182
Underdog

Dez.

Old 04-22-2010, 09:01 PM   #183
sike
The Preacha

Grudem said Bryant is the "steal of this draft"...."he is a bad man on the football field"...and "he will make an unbelievable Dallas Cowboy"

I'm pretty pumped!!!

Old 04-22-2010, 09:02 PM   #184
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, Cowboys just hauled in Dez Bryant!

Roy Williams is sweating bullets.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 09:02 PM   #185
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Grudem said Bryant is the "steal of this draft"...."he is a bad man on the football field"...and "he will make an unbelievable Dallas Cowboy"

I'm pretty pumped!!!
He's a top 10 talent. I'm happy, our offense is officially loaded.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 04-22-2010, 09:04 PM   #186
sike
The Preacha

Roy Williams has just been put on notice!!!

Old 04-22-2010, 09:11 PM   #187
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Awesome

Old 04-22-2010, 09:17 PM   #188
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
Wow, Cowboys just hauled in Dez Bryant!

Roy Williams is sweating bullets.
Roy is the puzzle I can't solve. Too good to just cut, yet not productive enough to justify that.

Regardless, LOVE this pick. The next Michael Irvin.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 09:19 PM   #189
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
LOVE this pick. The next Michael Irvin.
yikes. tap them brakes...

Grudem said the same thing, by the way.

Old 04-22-2010, 09:19 PM   #190
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Oh my dear God....................... I am so happy right now. All OTs/Gs that were graded a 1st and on Dallas' board were gone so this was SUCH a great trade/pick. I mean, really. Hell, imagine a 3 WR set with Austin, Dez, and Roy on the field. Better hope the blitz gets there before Romo's arm cocks back...

We will get our linemen tomorrow and will hopefully pick up a S as well.

OL
S
NT

Hopefully in that order too.....
Old 04-22-2010, 09:19 PM   #191
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

I came.

BEAT LA
badfish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 09:20 PM   #192
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Seriously cloud 9ing here... AWESOME pick!!!
Old 04-22-2010, 09:20 PM   #193
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

I dreamed of us getting Dez since last year. Can't belive we actually got him.

Austin/Bryant- the scariest WR tandem in football.

BEAT LA
Old 04-22-2010, 09:21 PM   #194
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Romosexuals, meet the Dezbians

That's an awesome pick, Jerry definitely said F it "I'm not making the same mistake twice."
Bryant and Austin are a killer duo.
Old 04-22-2010, 09:22 PM   #195
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male28Dan View Post
Seriously cloud 9ing here... AWESOME pick!!!
You ain't never lied!!

Wow, what tremendous value.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 09:26 PM   #196
sike
The Preacha

Austin, Witten, Bryant, Williams, Bennett....thems will catch themselves some balls

You're welcome Felix and Marion.

Last edited by sike; 04-22-2010 at 09:26 PM.
Old 04-22-2010, 09:27 PM   #197
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

It won't be much unless Jerry showed his hand too much but anyone hear what we gave up yet to move those 3 places up?
Old 04-22-2010, 09:29 PM   #198
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male28Dan View Post
It won't be much unless Jerry showed his hand too much but anyone hear what we gave up yet to move those 3 places up?
a third? something like 28 places to move up 2.

Old 04-22-2010, 09:31 PM   #199
badfish22
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Romosexuals, meet the Dezbians
lmao. Nice if you coined that.

BEAT LA
Old 04-22-2010, 09:32 PM   #200
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Am I the only one who sees Roy falling like a rock on the depth chart? If Dez starts, I think the Cowboys would rather have Crayton or maybe even Ogletree as the third wide receiver since they are much better fits in the slot than Roy is.

Things are about to get VERY interesting for Roy...

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Tags
cowboys, cowfluffs, dallas, deep thoughts by fluffy, dezbians, draft, off-season