Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-29-2019, 05:20 PM   #1161
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
We have a $21.3m TPE from the Barnes trade that we could send if Houston is looking to dump Capela without taking anything back... If Powell walks, it would only cut $3m into our current cap numbers... That would obviously take us out of the running for the top-tier FAs, but mid-tier guys like Brogdon, as well as lower-tier guys like Beverly, would still be doable.
Rockettes make no sense

They make CP and Capela available, which says that they are mortgaging the present to rebuild in the future.

Then they are saying that they want to trade picks to build around Harden? That says they want to win now and now later.

Seems like either the info is wrong/mixed or they just want to dump an unhappy CP3 while continuing to try to win? In that case, Chris Paul would be who they are really trying to dump. He's talented, but 160mill is ridiculous for him. Normally I'd be all for taking on bad contracts to get talent (particularly cap-friendly talent like Capela), but Chris Paul's contract is beyond terrible.

44mill at 37 years old. Eep!
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2019, 05:32 PM   #1162
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

That sounds like Fish speculating...not reporting. Ugh...

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 05:46 PM   #1163
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

@wojespn: Sources: In calls to front offices, Houston GM Daryl Morey is showing an aggressive desire to improve roster with all players and picks available in talks. Hard to imagine James Harden scenario, but the rest under contract - perhaps even Chris Paul - could be moved in right deal.

@SalmanAliNBA: Woj on Rockets (@SportsCenter): "I think (Clint) Capela is probably the most tradeable of the group... That's been the name that's been more of a topic here in recent days with the calls that Daryl Morey is generating out of Houston."

@BenDuBose: Two interesting notes from @wojespn in his story...

"The #Rockets have been more aggressive in offering up Capela in recent days, sources said."

"Extension talks with coach Mike D'Antoni appear to be stalled."

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 05:51 PM   #1164
endtroducing MASKED
Golden Member

endtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to behold

I would be very in favor of Capela but yeah, not sure where any deal comes from. If they gave Capela away to us for a trade exception they would need to drug test Daryl.
endtroducing MASKED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 06:00 PM   #1165
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by endtroducing MASKED View Post
I would be very in favor of Capela but yeah, not sure where any deal comes from. If they gave Capela away to us for a trade exception they would need to drug test Daryl.
If they give Capela away for cap space and can somehow unload CP3 for "nothing" as well, then they would have enough cap space to chase KD, Kawhi, etc. this summer.

Old 05-29-2019, 06:02 PM   #1166
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Dedmon>capela. F the Rockets and cp3

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 07:15 PM   #1167
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
That sounds like Fish speculating...not reporting. Ugh...
So....just Fish being Fish
Old 05-29-2019, 07:41 PM   #1168
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

When I think about spending cap space...it’s not in favor of one dimensional centers like Capella.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 08:46 PM   #1169
Me.B

Me.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfieldtrash View Post
I'm not sure what they want for Capella? Probably expiring contracts and taking on Chris Paul's contract? That can be the only thing I think they would want from us. We can't really offer much else to them. Definitely not trading KP or Luka. We have no draft picks or young assets. What else could they want?

The Mavs have two young bigs that could be included in a sign and trade (Powell, Maxi) that Houston MIGHT be interested in. I don’t see the Mavs being interested in taking on Chris Paul’s contract. The Rockets are going to need another PG though once they do find a trading partner for CP3. So maybe they would want Brunson?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Me.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 08:49 PM   #1170
Me.B

Me.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
They claim they aren't breaking it up-- instead opting to do another rebuild around Harden. They'd be really dumb to trade Capela and his 15 mill contract.

Still, if he's available, you gotta at least talk to them. He's the perfect supplement to KP and Doncic. He's like Powell with defense and rebounding. Dude can crash hard for oops from Doncic while not being a complete liability.

He would automatically be by far the best rebounder on the team. If they were then able to sign Jimmy Butler they would have a very good defensive front line when considering KP’s shot blocking ability from the help side.

Old 05-29-2019, 08:56 PM   #1171
Me.B

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Dedmon>capela. F the Rockets and cp3

Actually Capela > Dedmon. Capela has better career averages in pretty much every category and he’s 5 years younger. Dedmon is coming off a better contract but when he’s signed this off season he’s likely looking at about $14-$15 mil a season which is what Capela makes now. Capela is locked up for the next 4 years on a very reasonable contract.

Old 05-29-2019, 09:45 PM   #1172
JJP

JJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me.B View Post
Actually Capela > Dedmon. Capela has better career averages in pretty much every category and he’s 5 years younger. Dedmon is coming off a better contract but when he’s signed this off season he’s likely looking at about $14-$15 mil a season which is what Capela makes now. Capela is locked up for the next 4 years on a very reasonable contract.

To be fair, Capela's eFG% is higher than Dedman's for only one reason. According to general stats, Capela has never shot a 3-point shot in his NBA career. Never made one and never shot one. Not once. Not even at the buzzer. That's hard to believe. Capela only shoots when he's right under the basket. He stays there.

Still, in Capela you get an active rebounder, good in transition, and good off pick-and-rolls. I still don't buy that he's a perfect fit because of his offensive limitations, but it's a good argument.
JJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 09:48 PM   #1173
Underdog

Quote:
The Mavs have two young bigs that could be included in a sign and trade (Powell, Maxi) that Houston MIGHT be interested in (even with Brunson thrown in). I don’t see the Mavs being interested in taking on Chris Paul’s contract. The Rockets are going to need another PG though once they do find a trading partner for CP3. So maybe they would want Brunson?

I don't see Houston being interested in trading Capela for Powell/Maxi, since that doesn't move the needle closer to a championship. Really, the only deal that makes sense with Dallas is a salary dump for our TPE so they can pursue a max FA -- otherwise they can do better elsewhere... Like, they could package Paul/Capela to NO for Zion/Holiday, or maybe send them to the Lakers in exchange for some of that young talent on their roster, maybe some picks.

Old 05-29-2019, 09:58 PM   #1174
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJP View Post
To be fair, Capela's eFG% is higher than Dedman's for only one reason. According to general stats, Capela has never shot a 3-point shot in his NBA career. Never made one and never shot one. Not once. Not even at the buzzer. That's hard to believe. Capela only shoots when he's right under the basket. He stays there.

Still, in Capela you get an active rebounder, good in transition, and good off pick-and-rolls. I still don't buy that he's a perfect fit because of his offensive limitations, but it's a good argument.
With Porzingis on the roster, we don't need Capela to do anything on offense other than catch the occasional alley-pop or putback. What we need from our center is rebounding and defense, both of which he excels at... And Capela comes at a great price too -- if Powell walks, then we would still have enough money to shore up our outside shooting with a super-efficient guy like Malcolm Brogdon.

Old 05-29-2019, 10:02 PM   #1175
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't see Houston being interested in trading Capela for Powell/Maxi, since that doesn't move the needle closer to a championship. Really, the only deal that makes sense with Dallas is a salary dump for our TPE so they can pursue a max FA -- otherwise they can do better elsewhere... Like, they could package Paul/Capela to NO for Zion/Holiday, or maybe send them to the Lakers in exchange for some of that young talent on their roster, maybe some picks.
Paul is one of the bigger negative assets in basketball. He's not John wall or anything but he's definitely negative. No chance in hell you get Zion and holiday for him and capela
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 10:04 PM   #1176
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

If we can get capela without giving up anything but the exception, a) Daryl morey has lost it and b) sign me up.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 10:19 PM   #1177
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan View Post
If we can get capela without giving up anything but the exception, a) Daryl morey has lost it and b) sign me up.
I honestly don't think we can, but that's really all we have to offer -- and only if Houston is dumping salary to pursue KD... Right now Morey seems to be in a bit of a panic, so maybe we can take advantage?

Old 05-29-2019, 10:29 PM   #1178
Me.B

Quote:

Does NO have the cap space to take that on? I also don’t see NO giving up Zion for a 35 year old declining PG that makes $40+mil a year, even if he did play there before. Houston is going to have a very hard time finding a taker for that contract. Considering where Paul is in his career that is easily the worst contract in the NBA.

I do think it is going to be difficult if not impossible for the Mavs to trade for Capela. First Houston will likely get better offers. Second, cap space is really the best thing the Mavs can offer and as much as I’d like to see them get Capela he’s not the type of impact player they are looking to add with their cap space. He does do the exact things that the Mavs need though, crash the boards at an extremely high level and be an elite roll man for Luka.

if not Capela though I think as a starter on this team Willie Cauley-Stein could be just as good and is much more attainable.

Old 05-29-2019, 10:56 PM   #1179
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:

No one in their right mind would take Dedmon over Cappella. The fascination people have with Dedmon is that they think he can be had for cheap. He's going to get overpaid just like the rest of these free agents in this market.
Old 05-29-2019, 10:58 PM   #1180
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
With Porzingis on the roster, we don't need Capela to do anything on offense other than catch the occasional alley-pop or putback. What we need from our center is rebounding and defense, both of which he excels at... And Capela comes at a great price too -- if Powell walks, then we would still have enough money to shore up our outside shooting with a super-efficient guy like Malcolm Brogdon.
This offense definitely needs some scoring though. Some consistent scoring. I'd prefer more shooters but a big man that isn't a liability on offense is a plus.
Old 05-29-2019, 11:14 PM   #1181
endtroducing MASKED
Golden Member

endtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to behold

What would peoples magic number on Brook Lopez be? Seems like they’ll pay Middleton and Brogdon but Lopez might be out of range
Old 05-29-2019, 11:17 PM   #1182
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Dedmon > Capela

1) you don't have to give up assets to get Dedmon

2) Capela is the better perimeter defender, but had trouble staying on the floor vs. Houston because Capela is a one-trick roll man... Dedmon shot nearly 40% from three and over 80% from the charity stripe

Don't get me wrong... if you can get Capela for Courtney Lee or the trade exception alone then you have to pull the trigger, but if it comes down to adding picks we should pass

Last edited by tap2390; 05-29-2019 at 11:18 PM.
tap2390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 11:18 PM   #1183
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by endtroducing MASKED View Post
What would peoples magic number on Brook Lopez be? Seems like they’ll pay Middleton and Brogdon but Lopez might be out of range
That's a good question.

With our main 2 core guys being so young....I'd prefer a young big man as well.
Old 05-29-2019, 11:22 PM   #1184
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
Dedmon > Capela

2) Capela is the better perimeter defender, but had trouble staying on the floor vs. Houston because Capela is a one-trick roll man... Dedmon shot nearly 40% from three and over 80% from the charity stripe

Don't get me wrong... if you can get Capela for Courtney Lee or the trade exception alone then you have to pull the trigger, but if it comes down to adding picks we should pass
Well I think if you do get Capella it won't be giving up assets. You clearly aren't giving up KP or Luka. After that what assets do you even have to give up?
Old 05-30-2019, 12:03 AM   #1185
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

I'll be watching Demarcus Cousins. Will be interesting to see such a return to the finals and how he looks. Questionable tomorrow night, seemingly to play at some point. Durant sounds iffy.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 01:00 AM   #1186
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Dedmon > Capela

Old 05-30-2019, 08:05 AM   #1187
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I mean, this is only being talked about because 1. Stein reported Rockets shopping Capela 2. Mike Fisher said when Houston calls, the Mavs will listen.

One of those is an actual report. The other isn't.

And I sure as hell wouldn't include Brunson nor would the Mavs I suspect.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 09:23 AM   #1188
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Supposedly Houston wants Leonard. If they get assurances, Houston will need to dump several players quickly and we are one of the few places that can take players

But do we want Capela as our main free agency acquisition?
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 09:31 AM   #1189
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL View Post
Supposedly Houston wants Leonard. If they get assurances, Houston will need to dump several players quickly and we are one of the few places that can take players

But do we want Capela as our main free agency acquisition?
How would he be our main? He's only 15mill. We could absorb him with just a TPE and still have 20mill or so to spend on Beverly or someone like that.

Then again, they could want to dump CP3 and use Capela as the positive ballast. Capela has a positive value and a very favorable contract. Unless he's the only thing between them and a perceived FA, I don't see them just dumping him for nothing.

CP3 and Capela for Hardaway and TPE would also work. Sounds like an awful thing to mortgage our future cap for an aging CP3, but it could make us competitive in the near term

Capela
KP
Doncic
Brunson
Paul

That's a thin and potentially oft-injured roster, but it is a strong five.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 05-30-2019 at 09:43 AM.
Old 05-30-2019, 09:53 AM   #1190
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
How would he be our main? He's only 15mill. We could absorb him with just a TPE and still have 20mill or so to spend on Beverly or someone like that.
Unfortunately the TPE would count against our salary cap flexibility so we wouldn't be able to offer another max contract (or even another big contract really). We'd be looking at the mid range guys, so it would be a player like a Beverly and not a Kemba

And the TPE can't be combined with a player to get a larger contract. So Paul is out. Someone else would have to get him
Old 05-30-2019, 10:04 AM   #1191
SMC0007
Guru

Please stop mentioning Chris freaking Paul. God, I'm going to get ILL. No one wants him here and that likely goes for Cuban too. There's not a chance they are going to saddle a guy with that contract to the 2 young studs we have. That's the opposite of what we are trying to do.

Old 05-30-2019, 10:09 AM   #1192
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL View Post
Unfortunately the TPE would count against our salary cap flexibility so we wouldn't be able to offer another max contract (or even another big contract really). We'd be looking at the mid range guys, so it would be a player like a Beverly and not a Kemba

And the TPE can't be combined with a player to get a larger contract. So Paul is out. Someone else would have to get him
TPE can't be combined with a player to make a single trade work, but it can be 1-for-1 for Capela and thus can be one legal part of a multi-part trade.

In a separate trade and before hitting the cap, we could do Hardaway for Paul straight-up. Then later we could do other trades.

Not saying I want to, but it's possible to do a TPE + player for Paul + Capela. It would just be two separate trades.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 05-30-2019 at 10:17 AM.
Old 05-30-2019, 10:31 AM   #1193
MFFL
Guru

Quote:
TPE can't be combined with a player to make a single trade work, but it can be 1-for-1 for Capela and thus can be one legal part of a multi-part trade.

In a separate trade and before hitting the cap, we could do Hardaway for Paul straight-up. Then later we could do other trades.

Not saying I want to, but it's possible to do a TPE + player for Paul + Capela. It would just be two separate trades.
Then that would be our entire offseason. According to timing we may stay as an over the cap team and get our MLE but that's it
Old 05-30-2019, 10:32 AM   #1194
MFFL
Guru

And honestly I would take Paul and his defense in a heartbeat
Old 05-30-2019, 10:47 AM   #1195
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

And honestly Paul and his garbage trash attitude can go to hell. Together with his contract.

Keep his sore loser attitude away from this team. Always pretending he is a winner but every loss he blames on teammates

Last edited by sefant77; 05-30-2019 at 10:47 AM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 12:57 PM   #1196
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Keep CP3 the f away. Old, overpaid, and out of touch with reality. He would immediately weigh down our youth movement. Beverly starting and Brunson playing 30 off the bench is what I’m hoping for at point.
Old 05-30-2019, 12:57 PM   #1197
endtroducing MASKED
Golden Member

If we honestly made moves to trade for the worst non John Wall contract in the NBA, they should take Luka from us
Old 05-30-2019, 01:03 PM   #1198
tap2390
Diamond Member

Dedmon - Dwight - Salah
KP - Maxi - Kostas
Luka - Jackson - Broekhoff
THJ - Rookie - Harris
Beverly - Brunson - JJB

is my latest pipe dream
Old 05-30-2019, 03:24 PM   #1199
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Dedmon - Dwight - Salah
KP - Maxi - Kostas
Luka - Jackson - Broekhoff
THJ - Rookie - Harris
Beverly - Brunson - JJB

is my latest pipe dream
This isnt even a pipe dream bro. Pretty doable. I think it comes down to who are we realistically bidding against? What is too much to pay for Dedmon and Beverley.

Old 05-30-2019, 03:39 PM   #1200
thewizard

thewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to all

Quote:
@fishsports: #Rockets either have already called #Mavs about trading for Clint Capela, or are about to. And when they do? DAL will listen ...

Fish is such garbage. How does he pass that off as actual reporting? BREAKING NEWS: Mavs will listen if another team offers us a good player. Wow no way really? He doesn't even know if they've actually called or not. I hate that that hack is in charge of one of the most active Mavs boards on the internet.
thewizard is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
win now