Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 06-25-2006, 11:53 PM   #1
destroy ALL

destroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nice
Default My off season dream plan

im still heartbroken over the finals lost, i cant get over it. i also cant get over the fact that the nation thinks the mavs are choke artists and a joke. i was thinking…the mavs need a total badass player…i saw avery talking about getting a player in his prime in a babe laufenberg interview, so i put the two together…badasss player + in his prime= Kevin Garnett! I was thinking, maybe if the mavs gave up Damp and his 40 mil contract, along with stack and his expiring contract, along with Devin Harris and his upside, and the 28th pick to the wolves for KG and Mark Madsen. sign jet to a contract then somehow steal sam cassell from the clippers by maybe the clippers doing a sign and trade for quis daniels. then fill the back up center void by signing either lorenzen wright or joel pryzbilla to a minimum contract. then resign KVH for cheap and also sign Greg Buckner (a younger version of Giff) for cheap then the mavs would be set with a line up of:

Diop/Mad Dog
KG/Wright or Pryzbilla
Dirk/KVH
JHo/Buckner
Jet/Cassell

Holy hell, that's a badass lineup that the NBA and the nation would respect. Dirk, JHo and Jet still intact and will be hungrier for the titile, KG brings the toughness and cassel brings the killer instinct, Buck, mad dog, and wright or pryzbilla will be the gritty glue guys hat bring home a championship to dallas finally! but if only it were that easy though. sigh***

mavs in '07.
destroy ALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2006, 11:57 PM   #2
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Ok, first of all KG is no longer in his prime. Madsen can't play center, and Wright and Pryz both suck. I would much rather go after Iverson than KG.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 12:02 AM   #3
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Thats too drastic man... KG is a terrific player and if I could I would bring in a superstar along with Dirk... just to get more calls going our way and ref respect, but I hate giving up youth. Also resigning KVH makes me want to puke, trading Stack somehow would also be a plus.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 12:20 AM   #4
destroy ALL

destroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nice

Quote:
Ok, first of all KG is no longer in his prime. Madsen can't play center, and Wright and Pryz both suck. I would much rather go after Iverson than KG.
KG just turned 30...and with numbers like 20 15 5 and 3, All heart attitude, and team oriented player how could you not want him?! yes, wright and pryzbilla both suck...but who else decent could you get besides them plus theyre pryzbilla is still young. and madsen is a hustling fool when it comes to rebounds especially offensive.

and Iverson?! as much as i love his guts and fearlessness, iverson would take away like 75% of Dirk and the rest of the teams shots! He would want to become the logo for the mavs. the mavs need more force in the front court to stop the likes of duncan and amare, and to help when d-wade or kobe breaks pass the back court. iverson cant d up.

Last edited by destroy ALL; 06-26-2006 at 12:34 AM.
Old 06-26-2006, 12:40 AM   #5
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroy ALL
KG just turned 30...and with numbers like 20 15 5 and 3, All heart attitude, and team oriented player how could you not want him?! yes, wright and pryzbilla both suck...but who else decent could you get besides them plus theyre pryzbilla is still young. and madsen is a hustling fool when it comes to rebounds especially offensive.

and Iverson?! as much as i love his guts and fearlessness, iverson would take away like 75% of Dirk and the rest of the teams shots! He would want to become the logo for the mavs. the mavs need more force in the front court to stop the likes of duncan and amare, and to help when d-wade or kobe breaks pass the back court. iverson cant d up.

I didn't say I didn't want KG, I'm just saying he's not in his prime anymore. I don't see how he helps us a ton cuz he's not a go to guy on offense. Yes Iverson can't play D, but he could be another superstar that I think could work well in our system. He would get the calls, and make shots. And then we have Harris for D.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
Old 06-26-2006, 12:54 AM   #6
destroy ALL

Quote:
I don't see how he helps us a ton cuz he's not a go to guy on offense.
When and if teams double on dirk, then KG would and could be the go to guy.

vice versa if teams double on KG.
Old 06-26-2006, 02:32 PM   #7
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Hrmm sign pryzbilla for the minimum??? Exactly what is gonna make him take the minimum from dallas instead of the 60 mil he is gonna get from chicago???? Not to mention the fact that kg and dirk are both pfs.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 03:33 PM   #8
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

KG would not help the Mavs. He can't score consistentally enough to help our squad.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 03:35 PM   #9
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Oh dont get me wrong kg could help the mavs but not enough for what it would take to get him.
Old 06-26-2006, 03:50 PM   #10
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
Oh dont get me wrong kg could help the mavs but not enough for what it would take to get him.
Exactly.

Old 06-26-2006, 04:13 PM   #11
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

KGarnett could help the Mavs get over the TOP, because of his play and marketability.

Forget it though, KGarnett will never, ever be traded to the Mavs unless he is totally washed up, and it is 5-6 years from now.
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 04:50 PM   #12
Five-ofan
Guru

Oh the mavs could get him but it would take dirk which would hurt the mavs immensly.