Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-10-2015, 09:23 AM   #41
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm telling you guys, stop with the wishful thinking of tanking. Look at Dirk, RC, Cuban, Mathews... you're gonna have to sit those guys all season. I don't think anyone is really using their heads about this. No one will come watch any games and even if it's a small piece of the picture, Cuban still has a business to run and fans to keep.

In the end if Dirk wants to play hard and give it a shot until he can't anymore in a Mavs jersey, that is the way it's going to be. I am almost positive that Dirk rang Cuban and sad, No sir.. I heard that you mentioned if no DJ we tank. No. Go get some guys.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2015, 09:24 AM   #42
DGM
Banned

DGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedlesKane View Post
I just cracked up laughing at that. I hope we won't be using all of our remaining cap space on him. Also I don't understand turning Mattews' contact into a max deal. That is just crazy.
There are mandatory minimums under the cap. Mavs had to spend the money. It won't matter much in the future as caps increase.
DGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 09:25 AM   #43
tsar

tsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to behold

Maybe Cuban talked with Dirk and Dirk was like "Hell no I don't want to tank, hell no I don't want to be traded, and hell no I don't want a buyout to go play in a bitch ass Euroleague. Das ist mein Haus!"

This could be a pretty good defensive team provided people can stay healthy. Don't forget we still have Carlisle. I want us to get the 7-8 seed and face Clippers in round 1 *muahahha
Old 07-10-2015, 09:29 AM   #44
Jon Avalon
Platinum Member

Jon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to all

This whole thing has been a big bi-polar rollercoaster. I get it for those that want to tank, I was somewhat on that fence yesterday. But you know what, don't fold now. Everyone says Jordan is a coward? well if you fold now you're giving DAJ and the Clippers exactly what they want. You can't be a coward in return and not compete, put a team together and just play ball! show some pride!

If Deron wants to come to the Mavs, open the doors let him in. I don't like him these days but if he really wants to come then sign him. He would be better than any of the options left unless we made a blockbuster trade.
Old 07-10-2015, 09:29 AM   #45
Wang Zhi Zhi

Wang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to all

The original "Big Fish". Plan Powder worked! Cuban was right all along.
Wang Zhi Zhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 09:34 AM   #46
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

A big part of me wants Cuban to tell him F U. You didn't want to sign 3 years ago. Why would we want you now that you're a washed up former shell of yourself. On the other hand we have one of the best training staffs in the NBA, tanking doesn't appear to be in the cards, and we have a huge hole for a starting PG why the hell not?
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 09:36 AM   #47
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

There really is no way to tank at this point unless Matthews and Parsons cannot play the first half of the season and Dirk suffers some injuries.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 09:40 AM   #48
bunkmoreland

bunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
There really is no way to tank at this point unless Matthews and Parsons cannot play the first half of the season and Dirk suffers some injuries.
Agreed.
The acquisition of ZaZa and the potential acquisition of Deron Williams definitely seem to point toward an attempt to make the playoffs.
If that is Dirk's call, I am fine with it.
I will be rooting for a first round matchup against the Dips.
bunkmoreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 09:42 AM   #49
Thebo

Thebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
A big part of me wants Cuban to tell him F U. You didn't want to sign 3 years ago. Why would we want you now that you're a washed up former shell of yourself. On the other hand we have one of the best training staffs in the NBA, tanking doesn't appear to be in the cards, and we have a huge hole for a starting PG why the hell not?
Cuban already said all that 3 years ago. Remember, the whole Shark Tank fiasco... By all reports Cuban was the one not interested giving him the money and therefore didn't show up.
Thebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 09:49 AM   #50
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebo View Post
Cuban already said all that 3 years ago. Remember, the whole Shark Tank fiasco... By all reports Cuban was the one not interested giving him the money and therefore didn't show up.
Losing changes everything (for both parties).

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 09:52 AM   #51
howdoesmydirktaste

howdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud of

I think as long as Dirk and Rick are here Cuban has no choice but to try to be as competitive as possible. And frankly, how can you argue against that? I even admitted the other day that we should tank, but that was mere minutes after DJ punked us. Stepping back and reflecting, it's completely out of the question to tank as long as Dirk is here. Because Dirk took the pay cut, he's kind of in the driver's seat on this. He's the epitome of a franchise player and Cuban has to do what he wants. Hell, if Dirk had requested a trade, Cuban probably would have done it and tanked. Dirk didn't do that, so the plan is to compete for the 8th seed. It is what it is.
howdoesmydirktaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 10:26 AM   #52
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

I'm completely on board with bringing in Williams on the cheap. Buy low, sell high. Williams could gain back a semblance of his all-star days under a new team. Perhaps he just needs a breath of fresh air? Having lived in NYC, I think it can get to people. Of course, it's not like that's been a great franchise full of stability and genius coaching.

DWill/JJ/Harris
Matthews/Anderson/Harris
Parsons/Jefferson
Dirk/Evans/Someone we sign in the coming days
ZaZa/Summer league standout

Not that I think it's a championship roster, but if DWill get right we've got a BARGAIN. Cory Joseph is getting $7.5MM/year for Christ's sake. If he's willing to take something below that, I think it's a no brainer.

The great thing about it is...if he DOES turn his career around then it really helps out the Mavs immensely. His ability to break down defenses and get open looks for our shooters could be huge. Squeezing blood from a turnip. Making things easier for Dirk, etc.

A big part of it boils down to what his new contract would look like. I'm all for giving him a second chance, but only if it's a reasonable deal. Nothing that would prevent us from signing someone like Horford.
Old 07-10-2015, 10:38 AM   #53
howdoesmydirktaste

howdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocelot_ark View Post
I'm completely on board with bringing in Williams on the cheap. Buy low, sell high. Williams could gain back a semblance of his all-star days under a new team. Perhaps he just needs a breath of fresh air? Having lived in NYC, I think it can get to people. Of course, it's not like that's been a great franchise full of stability and genius coaching.

DWill/JJ/Harris
Matthews/Anderson/Harris
Parsons/Jefferson

Not that I think it's a championship roster, but if DWill get right we've got a BARGAIN. Cory Joseph is getting $7.5MM/year for Christ's sake. If he's willing to take something below that, I think it's a no brainer.

The great thing about it is...if he DOES turn his career around then it really helps out the Mavs immensely. His ability to break down defenses and get open looks for our shooters could be huge. Squeezing blood from a turnip. Making things easier for Dirk, etc.

A big part of it boils down to what his new contract would look like. I'm all for giving him a second chance, but only if it's a reasonable deal. Nothing that would prevent us from signing someone like Horford.
I think if the buyout is right then I don't think he's going to be too aggressive on his deal with the Mavs. I think the Nets owner Prokhorov has been trying to find buyers for the Nets for a while because it was a toxic investment to begin with. I think he's getting desperate and may just throw a pile of money at Williams to get him out of there. If so, I think Williams will be much more open to taking less (at least I hope).
Old 07-10-2015, 10:42 AM   #54
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I think if you put Williams on a better team and ask him to be just a cog in the wheel, he can be more efficient. He's obviously not what he once was, but he can still be a solid NBA starting PG.
Old 07-10-2015, 10:43 AM   #55
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think if you put Williams on a better team and ask him to be just a cog in the wheel, he can be more efficient. He's obviously not what he once was, but he can still be a solid NBA starting PG.
Would've been an amazing get if Jordan had signed here...

Old 07-10-2015, 10:45 AM   #56
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Even with his deterioration, his 3 pt shooting has remained steady...career at 36%. I like having a starting 5 that has 4 competent 3pt shooters.
Old 07-10-2015, 10:47 AM   #57
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebo View Post
People should keep in mind that Dallas does wonders with washed up veterans. Carter was nothing when he joined Mavs. Became someone and once he joined Memphis he pretty much returned to nothing.
This is a little different situation. Deron should still be in his prime right now. His career in Brooklyn has been unfortunate. Injuries, numerous head coaches.......that shouldn't be a problem here with our training staff and Carlisle.

I hold grudges though lol. One of my biggest flaws as a person and I haven't forgot what he's done but being with how fresh what Deandre did to us...it almost seems like a distant memory.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 10:49 AM   #58
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

This could also play major influence on Deron working with Carlisle. He loves having vet experienced PG's.
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 10:49 AM   #59
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Would've been an amazing get if Jordan had signed here...
That's all I can think about right now. You were looking at a potential playoff team with Jeremy Lin or Barea at your point. Deron even last season is better than those guys. With this team we'd ask more for Deron but this team will compete most nights. I can't say if they'll actually win but they won't roll over.
Old 07-10-2015, 10:52 AM   #60
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Quote:
He's yet to be surrounded by high efficient shooters while in Brooklyn. Which killed his assist numbers. Robin Lopez was the closest. But that can be easily overlooked having Wes, Parsons, and Dirk.
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 10:54 AM   #61
howdoesmydirktaste

If we could have kept Chandler or landed Jordan, this would be a much different situation obviously. With Rondo, people left him wide open because he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. While D-Will isn't an All Star anymore, he will still keep the D honest. And while he doesn't have eyes in the back of his head as much as Rondo does, he's still an awesome distributor of the ball (who will turn it over less). Overall, I would take an 80% version of D-Will over Rondo's quitting ass any day of the week.

If we can make up for Ellis' scoring and figure something out at center why couldn't we be as good as last year (yes, first round exit, I know)? But if it works out and we have a lot of money to land a big free agent next season, you never know.

Last edited by howdoesmydirktaste; 07-10-2015 at 10:56 AM.
Old 07-10-2015, 10:57 AM   #62
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
This is a little different situation. Deron should still be in his prime right now. His career in Brooklyn has been unfortunate. Injuries, numerous head coaches.......that shouldn't be a problem here with our training staff and Carlisle.
Weren't we saying this the last time we tried to sign him, except that he was slumping in Utah instead of Brooklyn?

Dude has been in a slump for half of his career now...

Old 07-10-2015, 11:01 AM   #63
Murphy3
Guru

I don't expect him to be what he once was..just expect him to be better than what he showed last year.
Old 07-10-2015, 11:08 AM   #64
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Weren't we saying this the last time we tried to sign him, except that he was slumping in Utah instead of Brooklyn?

Dude has been in a slump for half of his career now...
Like Murph said, i'm not saying he'll be what he was when he was considered a top 3 point guard. But he should be better than last year and last year he was inconsistent but decent.

And i'm assuming all of this is with minimal risk and pay. A show and prove type deal.

I'm not against tanking myself but I don't think this organization will do that to Dirk. They are not going to field a 20 win team out there with Dirk. Not intentionally anyway. I think its wishful thinking. I'll believe they would tank once I see Dirk leave this team. But they are going to field a decent team out there to atleast try to get to 41 wins.

Last edited by Dtownsfinest; 07-10-2015 at 11:09 AM.
Old 07-10-2015, 11:15 AM   #65
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

Hell. If at a reasonable price, why the f*ck not

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 11:27 AM   #66
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunkmoreland View Post
Agreed.
The acquisition of ZaZa and the potential acquisition of Deron Williams definitely seem to point toward an attempt to make the playoffs.
If that is Dirk's call, I am fine with it.
I will be rooting for a first round matchup against the Dips.
Yeah, I'm just crossing my fingers to watch my team get ass-raped by the Clippers again. That sounds awesome...
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 12:07 PM   #67
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

People need to realize that Carlisle only has 1 year left on his deal. He is one of the best coaches in the NBA, and does not want to go through a rebuilding process, it's probably a big reason why we overpaid to make sure Wes came here. Losing him would be a major blow to the organization.

Outside the Carlisle/dirk owe factor tanking makes a ton of sense it really does but keeping Carlisle has to be a huge priority
Old 07-10-2015, 12:12 PM   #68
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
People need to realize that Carlisle only has 1 year left on his deal. He is one of the best coaches in the NBA, and does not want to go through a rebuilding process, it's probably a big reason why we overpaid to make sure Wes came here. Losing him would be a major blow to the organization.

Outside the Carlisle/dirk owe factor tanking makes a ton of sense it really does but keeping Carlisle has to be a huge priority
I dont know that it works the same way for coaches. Obviously their careers can last a lot longer than a players career can. Players only get a few years at best to be in their "prime". Sure coaches probably dont like to lose, but its not like they can pick up and get another head job on a contending team just like that.
Old 07-10-2015, 12:16 PM   #69
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Nice pickup. It's an upgrade, I'm thinking Kidd's 2nd tour here, veteran savvy, 3 point shooter, using his basketball smarts, rather than relying on athleticism.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 12:26 PM   #70
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360 View Post
I dont know that it works the same way for coaches. Obviously their careers can last a lot longer than a players career can. Players only get a few years at best to be in their "prime". Sure coaches probably dont like to lose, but its not like they can pick up and get another head job on a contending team just like that.
I agree but we all know Carlisle hates playing young players. I just can't see him coaching through a rebuilding phase. I think he'd retire first but being he only has 1 year left......I expect him to be gone by next year anyway.

Carlisle has coached some overachieving teams here......and I think he knows once Dirk is gone its going to get ugly if it hasn't already.
Old 07-10-2015, 12:28 PM   #71
EastTxMFFL

EastTxMFFL is just really niceEastTxMFFL is just really niceEastTxMFFL is just really niceEastTxMFFL is just really niceEastTxMFFL is just really niceEastTxMFFL is just really niceEastTxMFFL is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
But Deron didn't wrong us in any way. Cuban is the one who didn't really care if he signed or not.
EastTxMFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 12:30 PM   #72
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastTxMFFL View Post
But Deron didn't wrong us in any way. Cuban is the one who didn't really care if he signed or not.
Yeah that's how I remember it as well. He went to the team that paid him the most money and if i'm not mistaken he didn't even show up to the meeting did he? Didn't he put Shark Tank over Deron?

If you want an example of being done wrong go see Deandre.

Last edited by Dtownsfinest; 07-10-2015 at 12:30 PM.
Old 07-10-2015, 12:37 PM   #73
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360 View Post
Sure coaches probably dont like to lose, but its not like they can pick up and get another head job on a contending team just like that.
"So let it be written, so let it be done. Whew!"

Is this ghost ball??

Last edited by DirkFTW; 07-10-2015 at 12:38 PM.
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 12:37 PM   #74
Dnowit41

Dnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to all

Bring him back. Who else do we have left to turn to anyway?

A clear night in big D. Thousands of fans ready...anxiously awaiting his arrival.
The signal high in the Dallas sky calls for one person, and one person alone.........#41
Dnowit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 12:38 PM   #75
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
I agree but we all know Carlisle hates playing young players.
This narrative doesn't reflect the reality at all...

Barea, Wright, Aminu, Crowder: = young guys that Rick gets zero credit for developing into real NBA players.

Roddy, DoJo, Larkin = young guys who gave Rick the reputation of "hating young players" because he couldn't polish a turd.

Last edited by Underdog; 07-10-2015 at 12:39 PM.
Old 07-10-2015, 12:43 PM   #76
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:

Barea, Wright, Aminu, Crowder: = young guys that Rick gets zero credit for developing into real NBA players.

Roddy, DoJo, Larkin = young guys who gave Rick the reputation of "hating young players" because he couldn't polish a turd.

Brandon Wright and Aminu were vets before coming here. I'd love to give him credit for playing Crowder and Barea but only 2 guys out of his whole tenure is not very many.

I'm speaking of rookies.

Why else would you trade all of your draft picks in favor of veterans?

Even Aminu should've got more playing time than he did last year.
Old 07-10-2015, 12:44 PM   #77
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Christ, UD. You shouldn't let something irrelevant like truth get in the way of a good narrative...

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 12:46 PM   #78
DGM
Banned

DGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocelot_ark View Post

DWill/JJ/Harris
Matthews/Anderson/Harris
Parsons/Jefferson

the someone behind dirk and evans is powell
DGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 12:47 PM   #79
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post
Christ, UD. You shouldn't let something irrelevant like truth get in the way of a good narrative...
But its not truth though.
Old 07-10-2015, 01:11 PM   #80
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Well Crowder and Aminu were definitely the re-ignition of developing young players. Their value skyrocketed as well.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote