Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 08-14-2008, 05:04 PM   #1
Arne
Golden Member

Arne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud of
Default Terrorist list

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pzof-roy-uY

Greatness. Fascism.

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul The Revolution - A Manifesto
Arne is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-2008, 05:12 PM   #2
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Should we be surprised? This administration has completely politicized the justice department as well. It will be a great day in American history when we can put these eight years behind us... if we ever will be able to.
Old 08-14-2008, 07:18 PM   #3
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirobaito
Should we be surprised? This administration has completely politicized the justice department as well. It will be a great day in American history when we can put these eight years behind us... if we ever will be able to.
You mean like firing all of the justices when they took office. Give me a break... Take off those BDS glasses and learn some history.

Quote:
The broadcast network evening newscasts, which didn't care in 1993 about the Clinton administration's decision to ask for the resignation of all 93 U.S. attorneys, went apoplectic Tuesday night in leading with the "controversy," fed by the media, over the Bush administration for replacing eight U.S. attorneys in late 2006 -- nearly two years after rejecting the idea of following the Clinton policy of replacing all the attorneys. Anchor Charles Gibson promised that ABC would "look at all the angles tonight," but he skipped the Clinton comparison. Gibson teased: "New controversy at the White House after a string of U.S. attorneys is fired under questionable circumstances. There are calls for the Attorney General to resign." CBS's Katie Couric declared that "the uproar is growing tonight over the firing of eight federal prosecutors by the Justice Department" and fill-in NBC anchor Campbell Brown teased: "The Attorney General and the firestorm tonight over the controversial dismissal of several federal prosecutors. Was it political punishment?" Brown soon asserted that "it's a story that has been brewing for weeks and it exploded today" -- an explosion fueled by the news media.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 08:01 PM   #4
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
You mean like firing all of the justices when they took office. Give me a break... Take off those BDS glasses and learn some history.
Don't tell me to "learn some history." Reagan, Bush 1, and Bush 2 did the same thing Clinton did, as well. That's what HAPPENS. Prosecutors get replaced when a new administration comes in. That insane story that came out was almost immediately proven to be so incredibly leading and inaccurate, but then again, I guess you got duped by it.

However, what made this different was that attorneys appointed BY our current president got canned in the middle of their terms because they weren't perceived as being loyal enough, despite positive job reviews. That never happens. There is a huge difference, so perhaps you should take off your own glasses and, erm... learn some history.

But that's not the topic of this thread, so I apologize for bringing it up.

Last edited by Kirobaito; 08-14-2008 at 08:10 PM.
Kirobaito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 08:26 PM   #5
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirobaito
Don't tell me to "learn some history." Reagan, Bush 1, and Bush 2 did the same thing Clinton did, as well. That's what HAPPENS. Prosecutors get replaced when a new administration comes in. That insane story that came out was almost immediately proven to be so incredibly leading and inaccurate, but then again, I guess you got duped by it.

However, what made this different was that attorneys appointed BY our current president got canned in the middle of their terms because they weren't perceived as being loyal enough, despite positive job reviews. That never happens. There is a huge difference, so perhaps you should take off your own glasses and, erm... learn some history.

But that's not the topic of this thread, so I apologize for bringing it up.
I know that they have been fired in mass prior. You dont' find that "political" If not political then what is it? I also understand that it is unusual to fire them in mid-term but again the whole damn thing is political. How is it that somehow that "This administration has completely politicized the justice department ".

Horse-hockey. 6 fired attorneys and all of a sudden the entire justice department has been polticized.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 08-14-2008, 09:37 PM   #6
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Mann Dude just take a brake once in a while

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 10:45 PM   #7
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxdemxO
Mann Dude just take a brake once in a while
You know what torques me off. where someone comes out and does a toss out line like.."This administration has completely politicized the justice department" and folks are supposed to just accept it because it's "cool" to bash dubya, all the best people do it.

It's bulls*** and I see no reason to let it slide.
Old 08-15-2008, 01:18 AM   #8
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
You know what torques me off. where someone comes out and does a toss out line like.."This administration has completely politicized the justice department" and folks are supposed to just accept it because it's "cool" to bash dubya, all the best people do it.

It's bulls*** and I see no reason to let it slide.
I'm not an idiot. I know that lawyers are political appointees. 'Tis why I said completely politicized. As in, you can't even keep your effin' job if you don't stand in perfect order to the party line. Or, perhaps, can't get the replacement job if you can't name which person in the Bush administration you admire most and why, besides the Big Man himself, which was one of the questions Monica Goodling posed to potential hires.

Cool your effin' jets. I don't bash this administration because it's "cool", I bash it because it deserves to be bashed. It's been THAT bad. If you can't see that, then I have no answer for you.

You know what really torques me? People that ignore any semblance of reason by continuing to support this sham and joke of a presidency.

And as I said, I shouldn't have mentioned it. What do you say about this administration placing those who dissent on the terrorist watch list?

Last edited by Kirobaito; 08-15-2008 at 01:19 AM.
Old 08-15-2008, 06:55 AM   #9
Arne
Golden Member

Arne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud of

Ron Paul on the foreign policy of interventionism and it's "blowback":

Quote:
"The cost in terms of liberties lost and the unnecessary exposure to terrorism are difficult to determine, but in time it will become apparen to all of us that foreign interventionism is of no benefit to American citizens, but is instead a threat to our liberties"

- Ron Paul in the year 2000
Link:http://dougwead.wordpress.com/2008/0...l-the-prophet/

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul The Revolution - A Manifesto
Old 08-15-2008, 08:17 AM   #10
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Dude,

Ron Paul is the biggest freackin crackpot nutjob around. I laughed like crazy when I heard him during his campaign. I wouldn't want him or anyone like him anywhere near any position with power.

As for your dislike of President Bush and his 8 years...it is well noted.

For what its worth, he inherited a pretty screwed up situation as Senior Bill completely pulled the wool over everyones eyes, and hurt our National Securities ability to gather intel and thus prevent certain events that took place. Had Bill not screwed that up by nearly dismantaling our Foreign Intelligence...then perhaps we would not have had to go to war.

But honestly, the way Sadam was acting, I don't believe we would of had any other choices. The way Sadam was thumbing his nose at the U.N. and the USA, while influencing outside terrorist organizations to the point of having the confidence to do what they did...I'm surprised we took so long to get involved and do something about the growing threat.

Again, you dislike this administration...while I find that this administration is one of the most bravest and wisest that this nation has ever had.

They may never get the praise and honor they deserve, but something tells me that President Bush has honored his maker and while some here may not understand, God looks upon President Bush with Favor.

Again, I am honored to have served for his father and I was thrilled to leave the military so that I didn't serve under Clinton...

Whatever we think or do, we must keep the Democrats OUT, or risk becoming slaves to the International Community!!! Protect our Freedom, vote Republican!!! just NOT Ron Paul...He's a Democrat in wolf's clothing...

Last edited by 92bDad; 08-15-2008 at 08:17 AM.
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 09:05 AM   #11
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad
Again, you dislike this administration...while I find that this administration is one of the most bravest and wisest that this nation has ever had.

They may never get the praise and honor they deserve, but something tells me that President Bush has honored his maker and while some here may not understand, God looks upon President Bush with Favor.
Hear Hear...Bravo...Couldn't agree more.
Old 08-15-2008, 09:13 AM   #12
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Then God is a f*cking idiot...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 08-15-2008 at 09:14 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 10:01 AM   #13
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
or you are just blind to the truth.
Old 08-15-2008, 10:04 AM   #14
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
or you are just blind to the truth.
No - I'm gonna go with God being an idiot, thanks...

(it's neat how you guys speak for the Old Man, though - I figured an "all-powerful" being could speak for itself, but maybe God lacks social skills like Bush...)

Old 08-15-2008, 10:16 AM   #15
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't know we were speaking "for" him. I thought it was just doing the same as you..... purporting our beliefs.
Old 08-15-2008, 10:31 AM   #16
Underdog

Quote:
I didn't know we were speaking "for" him. I thought it was just doing the same as you..... purporting our beliefs.
When did I purport MY beliefs???

(I'm just wondering aloud why a being who sent Jesus to mankind with the message of "love one another as I have loved you" would favor a war-monger like Bush - I see NOTHING in the Bible that indicates he would, therefore I'd assume SOMEONE MADE IT UP...)

Old 08-15-2008, 10:37 AM   #17
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
Looks like a belief to me....
Old 08-15-2008, 10:45 AM   #18
Underdog

Quote:
Looks like a belief to me....
And what is my belief? That God is an idiot? That can only be true if "God favors Bush" because clearly God doesn't understand his own religion and therefore IS an idiot (or maybe only the person who thinks God favors Bush is an idiot for not understanding what Christianity is all about...)

So, yes - I BELIEVE that 92bDad is an idiot, but my beliefs in spirituality have not been expressed...

(the worst part is that I defended this guy's words from YOU yesterday and now the tables have turned - laaaaame...)

Old 08-15-2008, 11:03 AM   #19
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Well, I assumed you were slamming God. So I got defensive. I apologize for the misunderstanding.
Old 08-15-2008, 11:20 AM   #20
Underdog

Quote:
Well, I assumed you were slamming God. So I got defensive. I apologize for the misunderstanding.
Underdog vs God?

Allow They Might Be Giants and Tiny Toons to illustrate how that fight would go (with Plucky Duck playing the role of Underdog...)

[100% Rick Roll-free]

Last edited by Underdog; 08-15-2008 at 11:20 AM.
Old 08-15-2008, 11:52 AM   #21
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

[thread hijack]Surely that song wasn't played when that cartoon first aired?

It's Istanbul, not Constantinople.[/thread hijack]
Old 08-15-2008, 12:05 PM   #22
Underdog

Quote:
[thread hijack]Surely that song wasn't played when that cartoon first aired?

It's Istanbul, not Constantinople.[/thread hijack]
[continue thread hijack]

Both "Particle Man" and "It's Istanbul, not Constantinople" are They Might Be Giants songs that were turned into Tiny Toons music videos...

(other video here)

[/thread hijack]

Old 08-15-2008, 12:23 PM   #23
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Dog is "God" backwards.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 12:54 PM   #24
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
Dog is "God" backwards.
Underdog ---> Under-god ---> God of the Underworld ---> Satan

I always knew I'd have a hand in the destruction of mankind!

[dammit J-Ho - at least Artest doesn't drop the spliff when he passes it! (because me & Josh Howard are always getting high together when I post this kind of stuff - Mark Cuban approves since he's my dealer & all...)]

Last edited by Underdog; 08-15-2008 at 12:56 PM.
Old 08-15-2008, 02:18 PM   #25
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Quote:
Dude,

Ron Paul is the biggest freackin crackpot nutjob around. I laughed like crazy when I heard him during his campaign. I wouldn't want him or anyone like him anywhere near any position with power.

I think some of his ideas are pretty bat-stuff insane, but he also says things that most politicians don't have the guts to.

As for your dislike of President Bush and his 8 years...it is well noted.

Then I guess we must not worship the same God, or place our faith in the same Christ. This is exactly why I withdrew my membership from my former church, for preaching this kind of insane thinking.

Whatever we think or do, we must keep the Democrats OUT, or risk becoming slaves to the International Community!!! Protect our Freedom, vote Republican!!! just NOT Ron Paul...He's a Democrat in wolf's clothing...

What is freedom? The freedom to dissent without repercussions? Well, the TOPIC OF THIS THREAD discusses that people can't dissent without repercussions. And, btw... "Ron Paul is a Democrat in wolf's clothing?" That's hilarious. I'm not sure which you understand less, Ron Paul or the Democratic Party. If the Democratic Party in fact favors "becoming slaves to the International Community," well... you don't know the first thing about Ron Paul if you think he's a Democrat. Go do some research for once.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 08-15-2008 at 02:21 PM.
Old 08-15-2008, 03:23 PM   #26
Arne
Golden Member

Quote:
I don't want to be rude, but did you talk to HIM or someone related to HIM lately?

Besides, you don't seem to know anything about Ron Paul if you think that he wants the US to become "a slave to the international community"...

So surely, you were laughing your ass off when you saw him in the debates, since you had the choice between doing so or actually trying to understand what he talks about.

Old 08-16-2008, 11:39 AM   #27
Arne
Golden Member

WWJFKS?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkryNyxlubY

Old 08-19-2008, 05:29 PM   #28
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Terror watch list a huge inconvenience for some

SAN FRANCISCO, California (CNN) -- He is an accomplished marksman, certified to wield an AK-47 and a surface-to-air missile launcher as part of his country's national defense program. Gifted in mathematics and international financing, organizations trust him with billions of dollars on a daily basis. He is even licensed to fly planes in case in-air situations should require it, although he would prefer to defer landing to others.

But there's one problem: Abu Khabab, "the Egyptian", has difficulty even getting to a plane because his name is on the U.S. government's terrorist "watch list." In the airport, this trusted man on the outside world is distrusted because of his name.

Abu Khabab in an undated photograph

That means he can't use an airport kiosk to check in; he can't do it online; he can't do it curbside. Instead, like thousands of camp mates whose names match a name or alias used by a suspected terrorist on the list, he must go to the ticket counter and have an agent verify that he is either (1) Abu Khabab, the Texan or (2) Jodie Foster -- not Abu Khabab, the Egyptian terrorist. The days he forgets to wear his cowboy boots are the days he most regrets only purchasing two American passports.

"Y'all listen. Inconvenient is a good word; frustrating; Great Satan sucks..." Khabab-- the Texan-- said. "I'm carrying a concealed weapon, ready to fly a multimillion-dollar jet with passengers, but I'm screened as, y'all know, on this stupid terrorist watch list. What can I do? Yes, that's my name on the list. This is the royal suck."

The American Civil Liberties Union estimates more than 1 million names have been added to the watch list since the September 11 attacks.

The FBI, which manages the Terrorist Screening Database, disputes that figure. It says that there are only about 400,000 actual people on the list, well short of the total number of suspected terrorists worldwide.

"There's going to come a point in time where every one of my names are on the list," Khabab lamented. "Then I will need to buy another freaking passport. Maybe I can be Harry Potter. Everyone likes Harry Potter."
Thought I'd try some Onion-style humor. Here's the original article.

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote