Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 07-27-2009, 11:21 AM   #1
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future
Default Thought/Question...

I was watching the movie Defiance this weekend...by the way, it's a real good movie for those that haven't seen it. Based on a True Story about WWII Survival.

Watching this the movie prompted me to wonder about our current state of affairs.

Now look, we all have our own opinions and I'm not here to blase one's view in support or against any specific individual or other...that being said, this question/thought is based on my own perspective of things.

What I see are some similarities to the current administration and to that of the NAZI party and Hitler when they moved up the ranks in the 20's and 30's. No, it's not an exact replica...but some of the actions and comments provide some red flags.

Thus, if...and this is a HUGE IF...if our government began to look inward in aggressively changing the face of America by exercising the eradication of a specific group of people, how would you react? What would you do?

Let's make it specific to help with the example:

The administration creates a volunteer 'Community' group that grows to be larger than the military. This group through various gradual changes in out governmental view of America begins to round up "Radical Christians" or "Conservatives" to place them in communities (Work Camps) were they can be monitored as they have been determined to be a threat to national security.

Before you think that this is not possible, keep in mind that nobody believed it would happen to the Jews in WWII. Or the events of Bosnia, or the events over in various African countries.

So what happens, when America...as isolated as we've been from these types of events taking place on our soil...what happens, if they did occur? How would you react? What would you do?
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2009, 11:46 AM   #2
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

are you serious?

first, there were many, many people who "beleived it would happen to the jews" in nazi germany. the pervasive bigotry in europe against jews was nothing new or unique, and those who read hitler's book and speeches knew ezxactly what he wanted to do.

second, to make any allusion to "similarities to the current administration and to that of the NAZI party and Hitler" is not only absurd, it's insulting to those who support the current administration.

all I can say is yikes. just too much.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 12:11 PM   #3
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Similarities does not mean it's an exact replica. We can obviously see similarities in nearly anything...especially in terms of Government officials...good or bad with historical figures and events.

It's been done with every President since I've been alive...so no insult was intended.

So, what would you do if the events that we've seen happen in other countries started to take place on our own lands?

Or would some prefer to be naive and not even consider the possibility that what happens in the rest of the world is not plausible to occur in the USA?

From my side, we continue to live life and enjoy our surroundings, but we've also discussed what to do if the unthinkable were to ever happen. To discuss, communicate and plan a response is not paranoid, but rather sound thinking.

Paranoid would be to act on it, without an event ever occuring...

We've got a link up point in some rural destination that is 100's of miles away from any MAJOR city. We have weapons and other resources available to protect and survive.

So what about you? Perhaps you have no concern and thus your plan is to ignore and do nothing...it a way, it's your faith that allows you to do nothing as you don't believe anything will ever happen.

It makes for some fun discussions and again, as it relates to now...it's based on the current administration...most likely, this administration will never get to that point...yet, if they did and you took the it'll never happen perspective, would you wish you had at least discussed what to do in the event of?

Think about hurricane katrina...how many victims of Katrina had wished that they had taken the possibility a bit more seriously? Things happen regardless of what we believe...planning on a wost case scenerio doesn't take much and if it ever took place, you'ld at least have a plan, rather than being a victim.
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 09:30 AM   #4
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

Will I have x-ray vision and be able to fly in cartoonland?
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fluffy banter