Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 08-18-2009, 09:02 AM   #1
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future
Default Government Health Care at its best

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...jAqzQD9A58L481

If you support Government Healthcare, then you will enjoy the linked story above. This story provides a nice highlight as to the type of care one will receive from a Government controlled/run healthcare system.
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2009, 11:29 AM   #2
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

[sarcasm] wow. I am just shocked. clearly the va hospitals are the only place where medical mistakes occur. this type of occurance never, ever happens in a private facility.[/sarcasm]
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 12:03 PM   #3
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavdog View Post
[sarcasm] wow. I am just shocked. clearly the va hospitals are the only place where medical mistakes occur. this type of occurance never, ever happens in a private facility.[/sarcasm]
Mavdog,

You are correct, these types of things happen at private facilities. The beauty is that you and I as private consumers of medical services can take our business to another private facility of our choice.

The sad part, is that those who are in the VA system do not have that same choice.

This is just a point of why a government controlled system would be bad for America, we would lose our freedom of choice.

Isn't Freedom of Choice what liberals everywhere want?
Old 08-18-2009, 01:29 PM   #4
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

the same type of accident can occur at the "private facility of our choice".

you post an article about a mistake that happened at a va center, and the fact is the accident can occur at any medical facility, public or private.

this accident is not a valid reason to oppose the healthcare reform proposed.

btw the consumer of medical services having "freedom of choice" is preserved in the healthcare reform proposal in front of congress. isn't this freedom of choice what those on the right want to preserve?
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 02:38 PM   #5
92bDad
Platinum Member

Mavdog,

You and I agree, this can happen at any hospital.

I simply stated that a VA hospital is the closest example we have to Government Run Healthcare, where in a VA hosptial the patient has no choices, they have to live or die with the care they receive at that facility.

You say that the "Choice" is still available in the healthcare bill...while it written and true, it is misleading. The bill that is in negotiation is geared to run the private sector out of business. Basically they are setting up so that the Government choice is the best choice, not by competition, but by regulation causing Private options to be too expensive for individuals...or for small business.

It's clear that Obama and the Democrats want a "State Controlled" system, a one payer system. It's their ideology that they believe the Government should regulate and control better than the private sector. It's a very fundamental difference between what they believe and what the opposition believes.

I, like many others happen to believe in the American people as individuals and thus believe that we are all capable of making our own medical decisions with our doctor.

Sure, there are about 11-14 Million people (in reality) who are uncovered or undercovered. These people have access to public emergency care if and when needed. So why should we change our system based that handles 300,000,000 people due to the demands of 11,000,000 people. Should we not find a way to empower those in need, without detracting from those who have prospered in our society?

I don't know about you, but I would rather keep and improve the system we have, which is by far the best in the world today...thus providing Real Freedom of Choice, while also providing innovation to cure an endless amount of diseas and helping other nations impoverished for whatever reason.

If anything, Canada, UK, France and the many other nations with Universal Healthcare should take a page out of the USA medical pages and revamp their system to resemble the USA's.

To this day, I don't understand why anyone would want to change the USA to be more like these other countries at nearly anything. The one exception I have is perhaps we could revamp our soccer program into the ones from other nations, out side of that, the USA is the #1 nation at nearly everything and thus the envy of all other nations.

It would appear that to be progressive, one would want progress...yet when I read about the progress being reported and I look at the consequences, I see no progress but rather I see erosion. The Progressive movement is eroding the values and freedoms of this Great nation.

I believe that the recent Corporate Bailout and so-called stimulus was the tip of the iceberg, that has triggered a spark from the opposition. Look, I believe left or right, we are all Americans. We simply have different views.

In this case the opposition is not necessarily "Conservative" or "Republican" although they perhaps take up the majority of this "Tea Party" movement. But you have an overwhelming amount of Americans who are simply fed up and this Medical Reform topic is essentially the match that has lit the fire behind the frustrations of Americans.

The clear line is Government versus Private.

I can chase a rabbit for a second to help make a point: I do NOT support "Gay Marriage", but that being said, I do NOT support the government being involved in any marriage, straight or gay. That is a social faith based issue. Let the Churches deal with that. Perhaps there is a way to have legal civil unions, much like we have business partnerships. So I can have my view from a social front and continue to raise my family with those values, while also keeping my faith out of pushing 'Social Law'

Basically taking the Government OUT of our mutual private lives, and maintaining the ability for us to stand by our own core social values.

I would also remove this thing called "Hate Crimes" If something is a crime, its a crime, why do we need to elevate something to "Hate Crime"

Okay, back to the medical topic...I would like to see the Government stay OUT of our medical services/insurance etc...I would like to see lawsuit be limited in order to help reduce the cost of the practice and mentality of Lawsuits. On that note, I would allow for an easier resource to prosecute malpractice on a CRIMINAL level. The idea is to take the bad medical personal off the grid, while allowing the good medical personal to flourish and provide great medical care.

If you think about it, when someone is sued and loses, who pays...sure to some level the individual does, but you also have the business/hospital they are associated with, which in turn passes that along by raising prices on a variety of items/services. So in turn, you and I are paying the price when someone sues. In other words, they are taking money out of our pocket when we had nothing to do with the problem. So let's take a hard look are reforming the legal/civil system in order to protect the bottom line cost of these medical services.

Then let's turn the choice back over to the people and minimize the impact that the government has on the freedom of Americans.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:34 AM   #6
92bDad
Platinum Member

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=33213

Tags
fluffy banter