Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 08-24-2009, 12:13 PM   #1
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future
Default Liberal pouting like a whiney little brat

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090824/..._s_advertisers

So much for open discussion and challenging of things stated...instead, let's get everyone to boycott. How freakin childish!!!

Is President Obama a racist? I don't know...I am not going to make a claim one way or another.

If Glenn Beck has issues that he believe supports his opinion then he is free in our society to state his case.

What is it with the left that simply wants to ignore people who have a different view to life than them? Where is the tolerance?

As for Glenn Beck, sure he hits on some emotional views and pushes the line between informative and entertaining. I don't watch him every time, but he is one of the guys that I enjoy watching.

I never equate advertisers with supporting his views, just as I don't equate advertisers on MSNBC of supporting their views.
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2009, 02:42 PM   #2
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad View Post
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090824/..._s_advertisers

So much for open discussion and challenging of things stated...instead, let's get everyone to boycott. How freakin childish!!!

Is President Obama a racist? I don't know...I am not going to make a claim one way or another.

If Glenn Beck has issues that he believe supports his opinion then he is free in our society to state his case.

What is it with the left that simply wants to ignore people who have a different view to life than them? Where is the tolerance?

As for Glenn Beck, sure he hits on some emotional views and pushes the line between informative and entertaining. I don't watch him every time, but he is one of the guys that I enjoy watching.

I never equate advertisers with supporting his views, just as I don't equate advertisers on MSNBC of supporting their views.
apparently it isn't acceptable in your world for cos. to say they will not (as clorox put it) "to be associated with inflammatory speech used by either liberal or conservative talk show hosts."

that is their right. I recall the conservative call to boycott gm, and you didn't voice any objections to that.

beck crossed the line, and he did so not as a mistaken statement but rather with full intent and knowledge.

it isn't a case of lack of "tolerance", it is a right of an advertiser to take the position they will not condone this sort of action.

I support these advertisers for taking the correct position. and yes, there is a perception in people's minds between an advertiser and the show they are underwriting. that's the reason there is a disclaimer at the beginning and end of some programs trying to disassociate the connection.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 03:42 PM   #3
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

I can't get my link to work...but what I was offended by, was the organization listed in the article who was calling and pushing advertisers to boycott.

What we have is a Pro-Obama organization unwilling to have open discussion and then using tactics similar to those of ACORN to intimidate and effectively force companies to act according to how they want them to.

Can you imagine if someone called "Racism" against a white person, and a group started calling on to boycott the one calling racism?

What a double standard. Rather than take Glen Beck on and sort through what he says, they choose to take on the tactic of hate. Typical of the left, so I'm not surprised, but I am disappointed not to find someone from the left willing to take a more intelectual approach to a discussion...of course that would require an open minded attitude and a willingness to listen to Glenn Beck and his views.

I'll be the first to say that I'm not comfortable with hearing President Obama called a Racist...like I said, I don't know if he is or isn't, I don't know the guy. That being said, it's fair to look at his actions and see how some may come to that conclusion...I would rather say that I disagree with his policies and political views.

In the same way that I disagree with these advertisers boycotting Glenn Beck's show and this other organization using hatefilled tactics to try and shut down the voice of an American and many of his listeners.
Old 08-24-2009, 04:00 PM   #4
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

Quote:
I can't get my link to work...but what I was offended by, was the organization listed in the article who was calling and pushing advertisers to boycott.

What we have is a Pro-Obama organization unwilling to have open discussion and then using tactics similar to those of ACORN to intimidate and effectively force companies to act according to how they want them to.

Can you imagine if someone called "Racism" against a white person, and a group started calling on to boycott the one calling racism?

What a double standard. Rather than take Glen Beck on and sort through what he says, they choose to take on the tactic of hate. Typical of the left, so I'm not surprised, but I am disappointed not to find someone from the left willing to take a more intelectual approach to a discussion...of course that would require an open minded attitude and a willingness to listen to Glenn Beck and his views.

I'll be the first to say that I'm not comfortable with hearing President Obama called a Racist...like I said, I don't know if he is or isn't, I don't know the guy. That being said, it's fair to look at his actions and see how some may come to that conclusion...I would rather say that I disagree with his policies and political views.

In the same way that I disagree with these advertisers boycotting Glenn Beck's show and this other organization using hatefilled tactics to try and shut down the voice of an American and many of his listeners.
"open discussion"??? are you kidding? just what "open discussion" are we supposed to have about beck saying that obama has "a deep-seated hatred for white people."

that's not worthy of a "discussion". it's an inflammatory and indefensible statement.

one can disagree with another but this type of lowbrow commentary should be repudiated, and that's exactly what the advertisers are doing, they are saying their advertsing money is not going to aid a person who says outlandish and ignorant statements.

this is not analygous to any actions like acorn. it is what an advertiser should do when the show their product appears on crosses the line, to do nothing is to support the behavior of beck.

beck needs to be held accountable.

Last edited by Mavdog; 08-24-2009 at 04:01 PM.
Old 08-24-2009, 04:22 PM   #5
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Obama really doesn't like anyone other than himself... he loves himself quite a bit..
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 04:31 PM   #6
92bDad
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavdog View Post
"open discussion"??? are you kidding? just what "open discussion" are we supposed to have about beck saying that obama has "a deep-seated hatred for white people."

that's not worthy of a "discussion". it's an inflammatory and indefensible statement.

one can disagree with another but this type of lowbrow commentary should be repudiated, and that's exactly what the advertisers are doing, they are saying their advertsing money is not going to aid a person who says outlandish and ignorant statements.

this is not analygous to any actions like acorn. it is what an advertiser should do when the show their product appears on crosses the line, to do nothing is to support the behavior of beck.

beck needs to be held accountable.
Should Obama be held to the same accountability?
Old 08-24-2009, 05:26 PM   #7
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Obama should be held to the same amount of accountability W. was.

Wait for it.

None!
Old 08-24-2009, 07:26 PM   #8
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Obama really doesn't like anyone other than himself... he loves himself quite a bit..
Me and Obama have something in common - I love myself quite a bit too!

(I wonder if he also has a problem with chafing?)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 08-24-2009 at 07:27 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 07:45 PM   #9
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Quote:
what "accountability"? not calling people "racist" who don't deserve it? sure.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:21 PM   #10
Justin Credible

Justin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to all

Quote:

Justin Credible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 10:52 PM   #11
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Don't you people ever get tired of trying fruitlessly to kick each other in the balls? Or to refute some idiotic claims in an exchange of the most ridiculously left or right leaning links and articles you can dig up?

And stop starting threads for the love of whatever it is you mooks hold dear. There's so few of you here we might as well consolidate them in to "So and so's soap box thread" and "So and so's soap box thread". It's tiresome.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:36 PM   #12
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
Don't you people ever get tired of trying fruitlessly to kick each other in the balls? Or to refute some idiotic claims in an exchange of the most ridiculously left or right leaning links and articles you can dig up?

And stop starting threads for the love of whatever it is you mooks hold dear. There's so few of you here we might as well consolidate them in to "So and so's soap box thread" and "So and so's soap box thread". It's tiresome.
Quote:
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Flacolaco again."

Can we get "Political Arena" changed to "The Soap Box"? (I'm 100% serial, dude...)

Old 08-24-2009, 11:57 PM   #13
Justin Credible

Justin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to all

I don't understand what's so hard about stepping away from the right or left and just standing in the middle and judging people as people. It's as close to racism as you can get in politics.. Judging people by the colors that they associate themselves with.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:50 AM   #14
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

at the last 3 posters: Is it really that hard to leave a thread unopened?
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:03 AM   #15
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post

Come on, man. This is the Political Arena. It's not like 92bdad is clogging up the front page or somesuch.

I agree with UL. If you don't like the thread, just act like an advertiser and boycott it.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:47 AM   #16
Underdog

Hey, I love talking politics, but there is ZERO exchange of thoughts or ideas here - just people spouting long-winded rants at each other while saying very little at all (and certainly nothing original - every post in this forum is essentially a repost of someone else's opinions...)

It would be nice to have ADULT political discussions, but certain posters seem more content using politics as a pissing contest...

Oh, and if you don't like me complaining about the childish ways you people act in this forum, then feel free to ignore me - it works both ways...

Last edited by Underdog; 08-25-2009 at 10:48 AM.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:58 AM   #17
Justin Credible

I agree with the above post. I'm actually a member of another forum where quite a bit of my time spent there has been discussing politics. The difference is that it's not a bunch of people just regurgitating whatever propaganda b/s that they find to support their own personal choice, rather it's somewhere for people to *gasp* discuss the policies of individuals.

I've peeked into quite a few political threads here, and it seems to just be 15 posts with "Damn those stupid hippie liberals" and one that says "I like Obama." None of those posts are of actual substance, they're just a hideaway for people that want to mindlessly divulge each other's ridiculous infatuation with finding anything to complain about as far as the "opposition" is concerned.

I think the scientific term is "circle-jerk."
Old 08-25-2009, 11:26 AM   #18
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

I watch Glenn Beck just about every day on DVR, in between catching up on Ice Road Truckers, Food Network shows, etc. I generally think he's pretty awesome, but you gotta realize that his schtick is that he's a circus clown. He's all over the place. It's his style. I no more give a damn about him saying Obama has a deep seated hatred for white people than I do Kanye West saying George Bush hates black people. Entertainers have opinions. Whatever. Advertisers can do what they want.

I don't think Obama hates white people, but I do have some inkling based on his various associations and ideologies that he does have some gutteral sense of "sticking it to The Man," and we all know what color The Man is. But he could just as easily feel that way and be white (lots of white people want to stick it to The Man, too, you know).

Anyway, about this Glenn Beck comment. The thing with Beck is that even when he extrapolates off into outer space for some of his opinions, he connects all the dots. He takes you through his thought process. Maybe you go all the way to the destination with him or you get off on a stop halfway through. Whatever.

So the difference with this "Obama deep-seated hatred for white people" thing is that, as far as I can tell, he didn't play any connect the dots with it, he just said it.

Also, unlike everything else he says that's outrageous - he didn't say it on his own show, nor did he even address it on his own show.

So I dunno. Part of me thinks he was pulling a stunt, e.g. "watch me say this and watch how the mainstream media treats it, versus how they treated 'Bush is a killer.'" Or, it was a morning show and he was sleep deprived and didn't even know what he was saying.

But something's up because it's the one thing he hasn't sat down and said "here's what I said and here's why I said it." Those of you who generally don't agree with Glenn Beck probably don't watch him enough to know, so I'm telling you - the guy literally connects the dots on every out-there thing he says, no matter how out there it is. Except for this. So for me that makes it really weird.

Also, 92bDad, please don't quote this post and agree with me on anything I said.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 11:55 AM   #19
aquaadverse

aquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to all

Need a new slogan. "I hate your opinion but I'll whine like a grumpy asshat so you don't express it"

Hope Dirk gets a ring. I'm out.
aquaadverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 12:11 PM   #20
92bDad
Platinum Member

Rhylan,

You my friend have common sense!!!

Take care and keep posting.
Old 08-25-2009, 12:35 PM   #21
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhylan View Post
I watch Glenn Beck just about every day on DVR, in between catching up on Ice Road Truckers, Food Network shows, etc. I generally think he's pretty awesome, but you gotta realize that his schtick is that he's a circus clown. He's all over the place. It's his style. I no more give a damn about him saying Obama has a deep seated hatred for white people than I do Kanye West saying George Bush hates black people. Entertainers have opinions. Whatever. Advertisers can do what they want.

I don't think Obama hates white people, but I do have some inkling based on his various associations and ideologies that he does have some gutteral sense of "sticking it to The Man," and we all know what color The Man is. But he could just as easily feel that way and be white (lots of white people want to stick it to The Man, too, you know).

Anyway, about this Glenn Beck comment. The thing with Beck is that even when he extrapolates off into outer space for some of his opinions, he connects all the dots. He takes you through his thought process. Maybe you go all the way to the destination with him or you get off on a stop halfway through. Whatever.

So the difference with this "Obama deep-seated hatred for white people" thing is that, as far as I can tell, he didn't play any connect the dots with it, he just said it.

Also, unlike everything else he says that's outrageous - he didn't say it on his own show, nor did he even address it on his own show.

So I dunno. Part of me thinks he was pulling a stunt, e.g. "watch me say this and watch how the mainstream media treats it, versus how they treated 'Bush is a killer.'" Or, it was a morning show and he was sleep deprived and didn't even know what he was saying.

But something's up because it's the one thing he hasn't sat down and said "here's what I said and here's why I said it." Those of you who generally don't agree with Glenn Beck probably don't watch him enough to know, so I'm telling you - the guy literally connects the dots on every out-there thing he says, no matter how out there it is. Except for this. So for me that makes it really weird.

Also, 92bDad, please don't quote this post and agree with me on anything I said.
so if it is "really wierd", do you think he wants to sweep it under the rug and hope it goes away?
Old 08-25-2009, 12:37 PM   #22
92bDad
Platinum Member

What rather amusing is that when one comments from their own view, their own perspective...they are labeled as if they don't know anything, ofter times asked for links or references.

When one uses references and links, they are accused of just spreading the message of others without having their own ideas.

Which is typical...rather than stick to the messenger, the attempt is to discredit the messengers.

These boards are a place to have some dialogue about anything. We are not politicians making policy, but rather we are citizens either benefiting or suffering consequences of the policies that are produced by these politicians.

What this board has done for me is help to build up my own values and beliefs...mostly through voices of those who disagree with my views.

I've learned that I hate labels...Conservative, Liberal, Republican, Democrat, Independant, Racist, etc... I wish beyond anything that we could move beyond labels...however, I ask, how do we discuss topics without some cases going back to a label?

Not to mention, how much time/resources would we have to spend to go through each politician individually as well as each issue individually...thus the reason we fall back on labels.

Thus it's clear to me:

I believe in the following:

* Less Federal Government - in other words I believe in State's Rights first
* I believe in the private sector and that it is the best way for individuals to succeed.
* I believe in supporting those in need, but not enabling them
* I belive in faith based life...but also that it is a choice. I don't believe the government should mandate faith, nor do I believe they should disallow faith (ie, adults praying in school)
* I believe in life established at conception and support the rights of the child...I believe the choice was made when the man and the woman chose to have sex. I believe there are exceptions as a result of crime and that they should and can be dealt with on a case by case basis. However, I support Life in those cases as well...it's my individual choice.
* I believe that we have a media system that is out of control, but I don't have any ideas on how to change this.
* I believe that we are too busy pointing fingers and casting blame while not bringing about solutions or being willing to submit to solutions that we may not agree with.
* I believe we need to take GREAT care when policies are being presented to people that you can't take back. The recent medical issue...there is overwhelming proof that this paves the way to more government...in other words, if this moves forward then we let the cat out of the bag and we are stuck with the consequences one way or another. I'm concerned that this administration is rushing to move these policies through as the negative of these policies will only happen after they are no longer in office.
* I believe that we are all created with an equal opportunity to succeed in this country, regardless of age, color, sex, creed or otherwise.
* I believe we can at times become our own worst enemy.
* I believe in Creationism over Evolution

We can probably break things down into some very basic core values.

Posters like Mavdog, I have great respect for!!! I disagree with Mavdog's views but I respect the opinions and the right to voice them.

The day any of us become too scared to post an opinion is the day that this nation loses it's grasp of freedom.
Old 08-25-2009, 12:41 PM   #23
92bDad
Platinum Member

Quote:
so if it is "really wierd", do you think he wants to sweep it under the rug and hope it goes away?
So help me understand the details...

As I understand it, Glenn Beck on another show made a comment that President Obama is a racist who hates white people.

He later on his show, has made statements backing up his claim.

Can someone post...a video or transcript of Beck said about Obama and his statements as to why he believes this?

Then perhaps we can have a healthy discussion about Glenn Beck and Barrack Obama.
Old 08-25-2009, 12:49 PM   #24
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Can someone post...a video or transcript of Beck said about Obama and his statements as to why he believes this?
Why don't you post it? This thread is your baby anyway.
Old 08-25-2009, 01:10 PM   #25
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin View Post
at the last 3 posters: Is it really that hard to leave a thread unopened?
YES. Otherwise the thread continues to print in bold on the threads page, and it keeps the bubble for the political forum an ugly green instead of turning to a soft, mild blue-gray on the main page.

Last edited by Dirkadirkastan; 08-25-2009 at 01:13 PM.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 04:01 PM   #26
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah. That's the most likely scenario to me. About this same time he was having a psychologist on the show a lot, after the Gates thing, I think, talking about blacks/whites/police/perceptions/fears/etc.. and I think he had this little moment of thinking he was Sigmund Freud that he now regrets.

Either that or he's got some logical path by which he thinks he can prove what he said is true, but it's so convoluted that he's sitting on it and waiting to reveal it after a bunch of research, in which case anything that convoluted isn't going to be believable anyway. His tin foil hat is on pretty tight, but I dunno if it's that tight.

That being said, I think some tin-foil-hat distrust of authority is badly needed in American right now and that's why I think Beck is awesome. Also, his book Common Sense is far nearer to planet Earth than his show.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 05:33 PM   #27
Nowitzki4President

Nowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
This isn't that bad, at least the ones who disagree are able to speak their voices without any consequences on a legal or physical standpoint. It's not like this is the Red Scare where communists or people alleged for being communists were jailed just for their views. No Republicans/Conservatives are being jailed for their beliefs. Makes you(Generalized, as in all conservatives, not just you) seem a bit whiney.

You have the right to speak your view points, and people have the right to call you crazy or genius.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowitzki4President View Post
Nowitzki4President is the greatest man to ever live!

Last edited by Nowitzki4President; 08-25-2009 at 05:34 PM.
Nowitzki4President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 08:39 PM   #28
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhylan View Post
Yeah. That's the most likely scenario to me. About this same time he was having a psychologist on the show a lot, after the Gates thing, I think, talking about blacks/whites/police/perceptions/fears/etc.. and I think he had this little moment of thinking he was Sigmund Freud that he now regrets.

Either that or he's got some logical path by which he thinks he can prove what he said is true, but it's so convoluted that he's sitting on it and waiting to reveal it after a bunch of research, in which case anything that convoluted isn't going to be believable anyway. His tin foil hat is on pretty tight, but I dunno if it's that tight.
not sure if it's sigmund freud he was channeling, maybe miss cleo.

Quote:
That being said, I think some tin-foil-hat distrust of authority is badly needed in American right now and that's why I think Beck is awesome. Also, his book Common Sense is far nearer to planet Earth than his show.
being a child of the 60's, I say reject authority at every opportunity.
Old 08-26-2009, 11:29 AM   #29
92bDad
Platinum Member

Quote:
not sure if it's sigmund freud he was channeling, maybe miss cleo.

being a child of the 60's, I say reject authority at every opportunity.
Great!!! I'm happy to hear that you are going to reject the Authority of Obama and the Majority of Leftist running this nation. Perhaps you would be willing to join a local Tea Party and defend the minorities of this nation!!!

As for me, I would love to own a VW Van, painted with 60's designs, and the words "Conservative Hippie" painted on the side!!!

Heck in the 80's I was a Heavy Metal Prep, I went against any and all establishments. I've grown to embrace Conservative Values, while fighting to be myself and be against the "Liberal Man" As much as I'm against the Liberal Man if you will, I'ld rather stay away from the ole cliche of "Sticking it to the Man" ... with Liberals it appears to have a whole new meaning.

I tip my hate to each of you, may this be an awesome day!!!

By the way, what's up with the old story of the SEIU attacking a Black Man who was passing out "Don't Tread On Me" items...where's this coverage in the Liberal media...seems like the racism came from the left?

Oh and what about the Senior Lady, I believe in her 80's who passed away from Cancer in Oregon. Saw this last night on Fox News. Oregon the one state with the type of medical coverage that is proposed and being debated. It appears that ultimately, they denied her the medication that would give her a chance to survive due to the cost, but instead recommended some medication that would ease the pain of death.

Thank God that we have some reputable outlets such as FOX NEWS and individuals such as Glenn Beck who are not afraid to report the facts.

Thank God we have message boards where we can, as individuals sort through and discuss the various items concerning our country...and thankfully we don't all Agree!!!

This would be a rather dull life if we all lived the same way...we need to be different, that what makes America great.
Old 08-26-2009, 11:55 AM   #30
rmacomic
Platinum Member

Quote:
Great!!! I'm happy to hear that you are going to reject the Authority of Obama and the Majority of Leftist running this nation. Perhaps you would be willing to join a local Tea Party and defend the minorities of this nation!!!

As for me, I would love to own a VW Van, painted with 60's designs, and the words "Conservative Hippie" painted on the side!!!

Heck in the 80's I was a Heavy Metal Prep, I went against any and all establishments. I've grown to embrace Conservative Values, while fighting to be myself and be against the "Liberal Man" As much as I'm against the Liberal Man if you will, I'ld rather stay away from the ole cliche of "Sticking it to the Man" ... with Liberals it appears to have a whole new meaning.

I tip my hate to each of you, may this be an awesome day!!!

By the way, what's up with the old story of the SEIU attacking a Black Man who was passing out "Don't Tread On Me" items...where's this coverage in the Liberal media...seems like the racism came from the left?

Oh and what about the Senior Lady, I believe in her 80's who passed away from Cancer in Oregon. Saw this last night on Fox News. Oregon the one state with the type of medical coverage that is proposed and being debated. It appears that ultimately, they denied her the medication that would give her a chance to survive due to the cost, but instead recommended some medication that would ease the pain of death.

Thank God that we have some reputable outlets such as FOX NEWS and individuals such as Glenn Beck who are not afraid to report the facts.

Thank God we have message boards where we can, as individuals sort through and discuss the various items concerning our country...and thankfully we don't all Agree!!!

This would be a rather dull life if we all lived the same way...we need to be different, that what makes America great.
Freudian Slip?
Old 08-26-2009, 12:06 PM   #31
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
YES. Otherwise the thread continues to print in bold on the threads page, and it keeps the bubble for the political forum an ugly green instead of turning to a soft, mild blue-gray on the main page.
the problem with our society is that we sacrifice so much for beauty.
Old 08-26-2009, 12:10 PM   #32
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Credible View Post
I've peeked into quite a few political threads here, and it seems to just be 15 posts with "Damn those stupid hippie liberals" and one that says "I like Obama." and 5-10 posts about how stupid or useless the posts in the political section are. None of those posts are of actual substance, they're just a hideaway for people that want to mindlessly divulge each other's ridiculous infatuation with finding anything to complain about [stop]
fixed
edit: double fixed

Last edited by Usually Lurkin; 08-26-2009 at 12:11 PM.
Old 08-26-2009, 01:25 PM   #33
92bDad
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmacomic View Post
Freudian Slip?
Even I gotta laugh at that typo...

For those who are ultra-sensitive...it's suppose to read, I tip my HAT to each of you.

By the way, pretty good feature from Glenn Beck...got this via e-mail and just got through watching it. Pretty challenging...

You can catch the entire series on http://patriotsnetwork.com/. They'll have the video up around 7:00 each day.

Here is day 1 (Monday): http://usaguns.net/patriots/beckmonday.html Especially catch what Charles Payne and liberal Democrat Pat Caddell have to say.
Old 08-26-2009, 03:09 PM   #34
Mavdog
Diamond Member

taking his instructions, I did question glenn beck.

he does say one thinh that is true, the stuff he puts on tv does not make any sense, and yes he is wrong just like he asks to be....

he is wrong in these issues: america is not "burning to the ground". people do read the bills, and the authors are not hidden. people don't advocate "spending our way out of debt", that's a straw man. there is no campaign to get rid of corporations/industry, that's just tin foil hat-ish.

beck really shows how ridiculous his accusations are with the coupling of green, sustainable economics with radicalism and (horrors!) evil communism. never thought that communists were green, always thought they were red....
Old 08-26-2009, 03:35 PM   #35
92bDad
Platinum Member

So, why the rush to push so many bills through? What's the emergency?
Old 08-26-2009, 03:43 PM   #36
Underdog

Quote:
So, why the rush to push so many bills through? What's the emergency?

Tags
fluff diarrhea, fluffy banter, kelly clarkson!, liquid poo fountain, those fluffin' liberals!, thread diarrhea