Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 10-16-2006, 11:50 PM   #81
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
lol yeah.

but dont fault Leniart. I really liked what I saw from him tonight. To come out on a Monday night against an undefeated team and play like that, like he'd been doing it for years in the NFL.... pretty good stuff.

(I hope vince young was taking notes.....)
...to quote a very funny man:

Old 10-16-2006, 11:53 PM   #82
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Im going to go ahead and leave the UT homers to it and go to bed....you make fun of Leinart if you want to.....

silly cardinals!!
Old 10-16-2006, 11:54 PM   #83
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, I said right after they lost that Leinart did his job, you can't question that. I just thought Cap finding that picture was an instant classic. That is one of my top 10 images I have seen on this site.
Old 10-16-2006, 11:55 PM   #84
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

With that said, Vince's team got the victory and Leinart's choked the game away. Maybe Leinart can learn a thing or two about winning at this level!
Old 10-17-2006, 12:15 AM   #85
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I know how bad Barrys Line was and it wasnt as bad as this one is. They were average. Not great but nowhere near as bad as everyone acts like they were.

As for Leinart, he will flat out be a stud no questions asked.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 01:03 AM   #86
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

So what was the story with the cowboys when leinart was on the board? Arizona got a steal on that kid.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 01:17 AM   #87
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
Yes I know how bad Barrys Line was and it wasnt as bad as this one is. They were average. Not great but nowhere near as bad as everyone acts like they were.

As for Leinart, he will flat out be a stud no questions asked.
Brown, Glover and junk is not average. They were very much so below average. This line is not good, but the bottom line is that Barry would be successful with just about any line. That guy could run like hell!
Old 10-17-2006, 01:42 AM   #88
4cwebb
Golden Member

4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light

I was cheering for the underdog, but they just couldn't get out of their own way to win this game. Painful to watch.

And to respond to someone else's post, I'm sure the AZ defense is livid at this loss.
4cwebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 06:33 AM   #89
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
So what was the story with the cowboys when leinart was on the board? Arizona got a steal on that kid.
Leinart went 10th..... Cowboys picked 18.
Old 10-17-2006, 07:42 AM   #90
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Wow look at me. I am a stud. I started this post and there are a total of 89 responses. Look at how successful it was. I can't believe it. This was the best thread that I have ever started. And I think it was cause of my sweet title "Arizona beat down"....
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 08:07 AM   #91
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4cwebb
I was cheering for the underdog, but they just couldn't get out of their own way to win this game. Painful to watch.

And to respond to someone else's post, I'm sure the AZ defense is livid at this loss.

forget the defense....I think Denny Green is going to murder them in his sleep with his big man breasts.... that dude was pissed at the press conf last night.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:20 AM   #92
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

I am not sure who, but Denny needs to "can" one of the players today. Jimmy did it, and it would behoove Denny to do it, just to say that if you don't do your job, you get fired.

Lots of blame to go around from that situation last night, but if Denny is going to turn it around, he needs to get their attention, and make it known that "that was unacceptable".

Either that, or I can see Denny exploding.........
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 10:50 AM   #93
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202
I am not sure who, but Denny needs to "can" one of the players today. Jimmy did it, and it would behoove Denny to do it, just to say that if you don't do your job, you get fired.

Lots of blame to go around from that situation last night, but if Denny is going to turn it around, he needs to get their attention, and make it known that "that was unacceptable".

Either that, or I can see Denny exploding.........
but do it in the voice of trump..."you're fired"! ha!
Old 10-17-2006, 11:11 AM   #94
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

You jinxed the Cards when you named the thread
Old 10-17-2006, 01:04 PM   #95
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Dennis Green should be fired after that BS last night. He played way too conservatively, especially the last two running plays. Good Lord, Leinart was moving them down the field with the pass and then the scaredy cat calls two running plays to set up a 40 yard field goal. What an idiot. I knew they would miss it. They needed at least 10 more yards to make it a sure thing and dumb Dennis pussed out. They should can him immediately.
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 01:09 PM   #96
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

if i had an allpro kicker, i would expect him to make game winning field goals not shank on two of them now in 6 games

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 01:14 PM   #97
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookit
Dennis Green should be fired after that BS last night. He played way too conservatively, especially the last two running plays. Good Lord, Leinart was moving them down the field with the pass and then the scaredy cat calls two running plays to set up a 40 yard field goal. What an idiot. I knew they would miss it. They needed at least 10 more yards to make it a sure thing and dumb Dennis pussed out. They should can him immediately.
I agree with most of your points BUT a 40 yarder is an extremely makeable field goal.
Old 10-17-2006, 01:29 PM   #98
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

In hindsight it sounds bad, but I had the same thought that Denny Green had at the time. I thought "ok he did a real good job getting the ball down here, but given the # of turnovers we've seen tonight and the fact that he's a damn rookie, lets just run it a couple times and kick the damned thing"

should've worked.
Old 10-17-2006, 03:08 PM   #99
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Quote:
In hindsight it sounds bad, but I had the same thought that Denny Green had at the time. I thought "ok he did a real good job getting the ball down here, but given the # of turnovers we've seen tonight and the fact that he's a damn rookie, lets just run it a couple times and kick the damned thing"

should've worked.
But that is the passive mentality that will get you beat most of the time. He did the same thing in the first half. He reminds me of someone who is just plain scared. Yes, Leinart can throw an interception. Yes, they can fumble. But Green forgot that they could also miss the field goal! You should give it every thing you've got until they stop you. Especially when you are down a point. Had the game been tied then, ok, try the field goal. But you lose the game with a missed field goal and a 20 or 30 yarder might have calmed the nerves of the kicker.
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 07:34 PM   #100
vjz

vjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookit
Well, Green is doing what he can:

Arizona Cardinals coach Dennis Green fired offensive coordinator Keith Rowen on Tuesday and replaced him with quarterbacks coach Mike Kruczek.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6071530
vjz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 09:27 PM   #101
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjz
Well, Green is doing what he can:

Arizona Cardinals coach Dennis Green fired offensive coordinator Keith Rowen on Tuesday and replaced him with quarterbacks coach Mike Kruczek.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6071530
The Ravens also fired their offensive coordinator:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 06:01 AM   #102
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

The best part was when Kornheiser made his comment suggesting that if Arizona choked this game, then the franchise should fold and the land turned into a pizza restaurant or something. Then on the NEXT PLAY the Cards fumble and give up a touchdown, pulling the Bears within six.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 06:23 AM   #103
4cwebb
Golden Member

4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan
The best part was when Kornheiser made his comment suggesting that if Arizona choked this game, then the franchise should fold and the land turned into a pizza restaurant or something. Then on the NEXT PLAY the Cards fumble and give up a touchdown, pulling the Bears within six.
an announcer jinx...similar to an announcer making a comment that your team hasn't missed a free throw yet in a game when shooting to tie the game or take a one-point lead...seems to lead to a miss many a time.
4cwebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 09:32 AM   #104
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Man, Leinart was an absolute steal for Arizona. He looked great out there and even left me wishing we would have jumped up to get him as our future back-up. Once AZ actually gets an O-line that's worth their salt, watch out.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 02:31 PM   #105
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

What did Dennis Green think the Bears were?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1h71vEQtCM

*Profanity Warning*

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 03:59 PM   #106
MavsX
Diamond Member

Quote:
You jinxed the Cards when you named the thread
no way dude!, the cardinals have been sucked ballzonya for like 20 years...
Old 10-18-2006, 04:26 PM   #107
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

i'd blame the entire offensive line before blaming green. geez, they were AWFUL. and not just cause it was the bears... that play where leinart was sacked and fumbled was a joke. that lineman is a joke.

yes, green called the game tentatively once they got into field goal range. yes, leinart was throwing the ball well. yes, james was doing nothing on the ground (see complaint about the line above). but once they were in range... what if leinart gets sacked, then they are out of range? what if there's an INT? rackers had a makeable FG, and he missed it. yes, the cards don't have much to lose, so they could have been more aggressive, but i wouldn't blame green for the loss.

dan, as for you, shut up. millions of people play fantasy football. millions of people don't spend all their time playing arcade games on dallas-mavs.com. who's the nerd?
Old 10-18-2006, 04:58 PM   #108
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
dan, as for you, shut up. millions of people play fantasy football. millions of people don't spend all their time playing arcade games on dallas-mavs.com. who's the nerd?
Hahaha... Everyone wants to knock on the guy who is dominating the arcade... Well I would like to think that there are MILLIONS UPON MILLONS more people that play games than those that play that nerdy fantasy BULLSHIT. And if you don't like it, you can suck it... NERD!
Old 10-18-2006, 07:48 PM   #109
MavsX
Diamond Member

you go to hell...you go to hell and you die!
Old 10-18-2006, 07:59 PM   #110
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX
you go to hell...you go to hell and you die!
Shutup spare!

Old 10-19-2006, 01:46 AM   #111
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

There's nothing wrong with fantasy sports, I don't see how it's nerdy.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
Old 10-19-2006, 01:49 AM   #112
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic
What did Dennis Green think the Bears were?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1h71vEQtCM

*Profanity Warning*

Lol, that's hilarious!

Here's some other tirades, the best of the best in the NFL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBn3F...elated&search=

Old 10-19-2006, 08:28 AM   #113
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
There's nothing wrong with fantasy sports, I don't see how it's nerdy.
In all seriousness nashty, I just never have liked it and I hate that it is shoved down my throad in every Sportscenter, sporting event, and now every thread... Someone somewhere is always posting about it in the Game Day thread. I have to hear Kornheiser mention in 20 times during MNF... Think about it when you are in my position and you hate it... Don't you think you would grow tired of hearing it???

All I was trying to ask is you talk about it in the 2 or 3 threads you have mentioning it, but not in every football game day thread you see! That really isn't that much to ask, not that I have the right to ask it, but still.

Everyone here has every right to post WHATEVER they want, but damn it if it doesn't piss me off.
Old 10-19-2006, 11:47 AM   #114
MavsX
Diamond Member

ya know dan, i tried playing some of those arcade games that you are clearly dominating..i didn't even come close on any of em, my closest was the penguin club thing, but i was still middle of the pack.. what im trying to say...is good work. haha
Old 10-19-2006, 02:14 PM   #115
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX
ya know dan, i tried playing some of those arcade games that you are clearly dominating..i didn't even come close on any of em, my closest was the penguin club thing, but i was still middle of the pack.. what im trying to say...is good work. haha
Well thank you, spare!
Old 10-19-2006, 06:01 PM   #116
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male23Dan
In all seriousness nashty, I just never have liked it and I hate that it is shoved down my throad in every Sportscenter, sporting event, and now every thread... Someone somewhere is always posting about it in the Game Day thread. I have to hear Kornheiser mention in 20 times during MNF... Think about it when you are in my position and you hate it... Don't you think you would grow tired of hearing it???

All I was trying to ask is you talk about it in the 2 or 3 threads you have mentioning it, but not in every football game day thread you see! That really isn't that much to ask, not that I have the right to ask it, but still.

Everyone here has every right to post WHATEVER they want, but damn it if it doesn't piss me off.
Yeah, I understand, even though I play fantasy football Kornheiser bugs me too when he mentions it all the time. I'll try to mention it less

Old 10-19-2006, 09:06 PM   #117
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

regarding kornheiser, i agree that it gets annoying. if he mentioned it a few times a game, no big deal, because millions of people watching the game are thinking the same thing. but he does take it overboard.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:12 PM   #118
Five-ofan
Guru

the problem with it is that anytime anyone does anything good or goes out he says. "hes on my fantasy team." I doubt he even has a team. If he does and hes being honest hes got to have 40 teams.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:14 PM   #119
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
regarding kornheiser, i agree that it gets annoying. if he mentioned it a few times a game, no big deal, because millions of nerds watching the game are thinking the same thing. but he does take it overboard.
I made a quick change to make your sentence correct!

Sorry, but I noticed your obvious dig with the MILLIONS OF PEOPLE thing!

Last edited by Male30Dan; 10-19-2006 at 09:14 PM.
Male30Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 09:25 PM   #120
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

what dig? millions of people watching MNF are also fantasy football players that are watching because they have a player on the team. how is that a dig?

let it go, dan, let it go. fantasy players are normal people. we're not talking world of warcraft here.

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 10-19-2006 at 09:28 PM.
Big Boy Laroux is offline   Reply With Quote