Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 02-01-2007, 06:31 PM   #1
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all
Default Huge game for San Antonio tonight(Phx)

The pressure is on the Spurs. They are a great second half team and a great playoff team. Tim Duncan is really comming on but what about the bench? They are 6 games behind us. This is just how good and deep we are. They can't afford to get down behind us much more and Houston is only 2 behind them.

Nash(the mvp again), is going to try to cram the ball down their throat flying up and down the court. It is not as important for Phx but in a sense it is, home court and just saying, we can beat SA because SA puts them out pretty easily usually.

This will be a good game to watch and see if San Antonio has the heart they have always had. Ginobili and Parker needs to step up with Duncan. Amare has to be a force on Phx. Nash will be, he always is.

I watched Dallas last night and we are just to deep for teams. This is the best team we have ever had. Dampier manning the boards and shooting a high %. Howard out and lately George hasn't played all that good and then other night Croshere goes off. A Johnson played alot last night and when Dirk was off Stack was on and tthen the 4th Dirk took over. Terry made some big shots. Against Seattle Harris, Croshere and seems like another reserve had great games in which Harris is not reallt a reserve but against Miami we had no bench play last year.

No starter play either the last few games but this year we are way to deep for any nba team. Phx, Miami, Cleveland, MN, San Antonio and many more teams are having to work to hard in the regular season. Dallas is cruising and normally the Spurs do what we are doing and come playoffs, it will hurt the above teams i listed. Being deep is very important in the playoffs.

Can the Spurs win in Phx? They need this game badly.
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2007, 06:37 PM   #2
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

They don't have to keep up with us at all, they just have to stay 3rd or 4th. They have to stay ahead of the jazz/houston basically. Now they didn't do themselves any favors losing to the jazz, but I'm sure they've given up trying to catch the mavs.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 06:53 PM   #3
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
They don't have to keep up with us at all, they just have to stay 3rd or 4th. They have to stay ahead of the jazz/houston basically. Now they didn't do themselves any favors losing to the jazz, but I'm sure they've given up trying to catch the mavs.
Too true. At this point it would take a miracle for the Spurs, and a disaster for the Mavs for them to catch up. They know that all too well; the Mavs just don't lose very often.

As for tonights game, I'm rooting for the Spurs all the way, although I'm not liking the odds. The fact is, it's the second night of a back-to-back for them (we all know how bad the Spurs suck on b2b's), they're on the road, and it's Phoenix. Maybe they'll be energized and determined after losing to the Boozer-less Jazz last night, but I'm not getting my hopes up.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 06:59 PM   #4
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

I agree to a point but that is dangerous play. It did work for Miami just quitin some games last year and then trying to turn it on when they had to. It was a miracle they beat us that way but it happened.

Houston is dangerous if Ming, Battier and McGrady stay healthy. I know the Spurs are great later in the year and Houston would have to play flawless but it could happen. The Jazz loss did hurt because Boozer was not in that game. Okur killed them. The Jazz should fall big time without Boozer but who knows.

This again is where Horry, Finley and Barry hurt San Antonio as they need young guns to try to catch us off the bench. They must make a trade to go younger and clutch off the bench. If not, they might wear Duncan, Gino and Parker out by the playoffs, like Nash will be.

I say they haven't give up trying to catch us but it will be hard because our bench is just to good. They can do like Miami and just say screw the regular season but make the playoffs and try to turn it on but that is dangerous play. It did work for Miami. To just get the guys healthy.
Old 02-01-2007, 07:00 PM   #5
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janett_Reno
Can the Spurs win in Phx? They need this game badly.
I would say the Suns need it just as badly, if not more. Like it or not, the Spurs are still contenders, and Phoenix has yet to prove itself against the "elite" teams. Maybe they will tonight... but hopefully not.

Last edited by iella; 02-01-2007 at 07:01 PM.
iella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 07:09 PM   #6
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Battier has been the best signing for the rockettes in a long, long time. I imagine he brings a lot of professionalism and hard work to that locker room.

I really wish we could have swung a deal for him, I'd love him as a small forward and josh as a two.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 02-01-2007, 08:03 PM   #7
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

I do not blame Memphis getting Gay. He looked like he had stardom but will he? Battier is a Josh Howard but with not as much offense. He was great in the clutch shooting a 3 and winning a game for Memphis. Made huge defensive stops. He played Dirk and our guys hard but we would over power and over tall him.

He is like a bulldog and won't stop. He will rebound, hustle, plays defense and some games has some offense. He would have been a great fit here as he is in Houston. The guy from U of KY that played in the cba that houston got last year, i knew he was a bulldog also. He is also another rebounding defensive guy. If they keep on building this defense, smart play, and Ming and McGrady stay healthy, this team can be a dangerous playoff team.

I liked Battier also and it has hurt Memphis when he left.
Old 02-01-2007, 09:33 PM   #8
Big Shot Rob

Big Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud of

I'll be watching at my mom's house, so I won't be able to participate in the game thread.

I know this may sound weird...

but please wish us luck...
Big Shot Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 10:01 PM   #9
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson
Too true. At this point it would take a miracle for the Spurs, and a disaster for the Mavs for them to catch up. They know that all too well; the Mavs just don't lose very often.
shhhh... Those are jinxing words.
Old 02-01-2007, 10:46 PM   #10
TheBlueVan
Golden Member

TheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to all

very nice shot of gino's bald spot
TheBlueVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 10:48 PM   #11
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

I just can't root for the Spurs no matter who they play.
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 10:48 PM   #12
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Shot Rob
I'll be watching at my mom's house, so I won't be able to participate in the game thread.

I know this may sound weird...

but please wish us luck...
I'm pulling for you guys. Any loss by Phoenix is good in my book.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 10:53 PM   #13
Mavs Rule
Platinum Member

Mavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to all

Gino's black eye from Kobe looks pretty bad. Spurs look good though.

Mavericks team pic. Guess which one is Stack.
Mavs Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 10:55 PM   #14
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

When the Spurs get an early lead they typically lose games....
Old 02-01-2007, 10:56 PM   #15
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's completely reversed. The pressure is on the Suns. We all know what the Spurs are capable of in the post season. Can the suns beat one of the better teams in the league or not?
Old 02-01-2007, 10:59 PM   #16
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360°
I think it's completely reversed. The pressure is on the Suns. We all know what the Spurs are capable of in the post season. Can the suns beat one of the better teams in the league or not?
Your probably right. They sure look tight.
Old 02-01-2007, 11:02 PM   #17
dude1394
Guru

I put my money where my mouth was! Go spurts. Don't mess with texas!
Old 02-01-2007, 11:02 PM   #18
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

30% for the Suns in the first? Maybe if SA wins the media will shut up about Phoenix being a "different" team than when they lost those other games to the elite. Go Spurs.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 11:08 PM   #19
Bookit
Diamond Member

I just get the feeling the Suns are going to run the Spurs ragged tonight, especially with this being a back to back.
Old 02-01-2007, 11:24 PM   #20
Mavs Rule
Platinum Member

Mavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to all

That was a crazy good alley oop by nash.

Mavericks team pic. Guess which one is Stack.
Mavs Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 11:31 PM   #21
dude1394
Guru

Spurts show their real problems. They have their best scorere guarding the rim, it's a killer.
Old 02-01-2007, 11:36 PM   #22
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Janet Reno is a Mavs fan?

Who knew?

Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 11:38 PM   #23
Bookit
Diamond Member

Is that a robin's nest on the back of Ginobili's head?
Old 02-01-2007, 11:39 PM   #24
Drbio
Banned

I hope SA pulls it out. The Suns are mindfarked by the better teams in the West. They suck agains the better teams. Let them lose again and fall further into their win against bad teams abyss.

They simply can't get it done against the better teams.

Last edited by Drbio; 02-01-2007 at 11:39 PM.
Old 02-01-2007, 11:39 PM   #25
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookit
Is that a robin's nest on the back of Ginobili's head?
doc?
Old 02-01-2007, 11:40 PM   #26
Drbio
Banned

I didn't see it. Sorry.
Old 02-01-2007, 11:40 PM   #27
Bookit
Diamond Member

Quote:
doc?
Huh?
Old 02-01-2007, 11:41 PM   #28
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Huh?
I'm waiting for the photoshop.
Old 02-01-2007, 11:42 PM   #29
Bookit
Diamond Member

Quote:
I'm waiting for the photoshop.
Lets see it Doc.
Old 02-01-2007, 11:44 PM   #30
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Can't believe I'm pulling for the spurs, but they'll probably lose anyway. They're too old to handle phx on the second night of a back to back.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 11:46 PM   #31
dude1394
Guru

Manu probably needs to go ahead and lose it or at least cut it really, really short.
Old 02-01-2007, 11:58 PM   #32
Drbio
Banned

Old 02-02-2007, 12:01 AM   #33
dude1394
Guru

I knew I could count on you doc. Now if those little birdies were timmah and parker.......well.....
Old 02-02-2007, 12:02 AM   #34
Bookit
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio

Hilarious, thanks Doc.
Old 02-02-2007, 12:04 AM   #35
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hilarious, thanks Doc.
HAHAHAHHAH!

Last edited by Windmill360; 02-02-2007 at 12:04 AM.
Windmill360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 12:04 AM   #36
Bookit
Diamond Member

Is Raja Bell out?
Old 02-02-2007, 12:08 AM   #37
4cwebb
Golden Member

4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light

Suns with an 11-3 run to start the 3rd quarter and take the lead. Running and gunning to this point with good success.

Last edited by 4cwebb; 02-02-2007 at 12:08 AM.
4cwebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 12:09 AM   #38
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
I knew I could count on you doc. Now if those little birdies were timmah and parker.......well.....

Last edited by Drbio; 02-02-2007 at 12:10 AM.
Old 02-02-2007, 12:09 AM   #39
Windmill360
Diamond Member

They lose it in about 5 minutes. They always do. Spurs shouldn't be worried. ^^^hahah the other way is funnier, doc

Last edited by Windmill360; 02-02-2007 at 12:10 AM.
Windmill360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 12:12 AM   #40
Windmill360
Diamond Member

ah... to play no defense. what a grand sight.