Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 07-29-2008, 08:53 PM   #41
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Let's keep banking on other teams getting injured or underperforming, instead of taking care of our own business.

It's bound to work some time...............

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-2008, 08:54 PM   #42
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

The question is why do the Mavs have to give way more than other teams to get a good trade?
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 08:55 PM   #43
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Don't get me wrong, it's still sh*tty that the Mavs didn't get him, especially considering that they offered a better package. But that's the thing I'm disappointed about -- the Mavs not getting him. It doesn't bother me much that the Rockets got him, personally.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 08:57 PM   #44
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

eh F*ck it. I still got my cowboys..and when cuban buys the cubs...i'll be 2 for 3
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 08:59 PM   #45
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

well i guess i am NOT going to buy nba league pass now...what's the point
Old 07-29-2008, 09:01 PM   #46
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX
well i guess i am NOT going to buy nba league pass now...what's the point
Don't be fairweather. You've been around here all this time, there's no reason to quit now.

Old 07-29-2008, 09:02 PM   #47
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's time to let Donnie go.

Contact Me
Old 07-29-2008, 09:04 PM   #48
LonghornDub

Ya, he did really screw the pooch on this one. Pretty sad.

Old 07-29-2008, 09:09 PM   #49
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

The big deal, here is a man that averages 20.5 poonts per game and these are not bombs. He will score over a 7 footer in the paint, he will knock you down, he isn't scared of contact, and he gets fouled. He can shoot mid range jumpers, he can also make layups and he has an outside jumper. He can score.

He gets 6 rebounds per game and this isn't bad. He averages 4 ast per game and this isn't bad. He has some size at 6'7". He has 2 steals per game. He gets about 5 fta per game but the biggest deal about him is he is tough and he plays defense. Not many players in the nba can play defense and he can.

Any knocks on him, he shoots 43% and 33% from 3 but again he is complete. He doesn't have to be a star with the Rocks. They have stars. He is around 29 or 30 years old, so he should have a few good years left. It is going to be a knock down drag out next year between New Orleans, Spurs, Lakers, Maybe Jazz, and if Ming/McGrady can stay fairly healthy, Houston is now right in the mix also. Those are 5 teams that are flat out good with a capitol G. What will Portland do? talented and young but a bright future and can they come on next year? I am not sure about Golden State and Phx. Phx needs one more really good player but if Nash stays healthy, he should push them across for a playoff spot in the top 8. The Timbrs have a fair young team but i feel the center position will hurt them bad and Love would have to grow up very fast and that is at 6'10 at center. Denver is always a mystery but talented.

Dallas has alot of hard work to make the playoffs next year. It can happen but it won't be easy with the west stacked like it is. I do no`t expect the Clippers to make a playoff spot but with Davis and Camby and Kaman has been strong, who knows. I feel they need one more good outside guy to go to, that is good.

One position very fast will be tested by all teams in the nba when they play Dallas. It is going to be sg. To make our sg play defense and make our sg penetrate and shoot. This is a hurdle and position our coach must fill and help this sg on our team, drive the ball. It is just to many good teams now and we must have some kind of penetration at that position. I hope for the best.
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 09:11 PM   #50
MavsX
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyDub
Don't be fairweather. You've been around here all this time, there's no reason to quit now.

haha. i'm just kidding. But seriously though. the price is outrageous, damn comcast!
Old 07-29-2008, 09:20 PM   #51
CanadianMavsFan

CanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janett_Reno
The big deal, here is a man that averages 20.5 poonts per game and these are not bombs. He will score over a 7 footer in the paint, he will knock you down, he isn't scared of contact, and he gets fouled. He can shoot mid range jumpers, he can also make layups and he has an outside jumper. He can score.

He gets 6 rebounds per game and this isn't bad. He averages 4 ast per game and this isn't bad. He has some size at 6'7". He has 2 steals per game. He gets about 5 fta per game but the biggest deal about him is he is tough and he plays defense. Not many players in the nba can play defense and he can.

Any knocks on him, he shoots 43% and 33% from 3 but again he is complete. He doesn't have to be a star with the Rocks. They have stars. He is around 29 or 30 years old, so he should have a few good years left. It is going to be a knock down drag out next year between New Orleans, Spurs, Lakers, Maybe Jazz, and if Ming/McGrady can stay fairly healthy, Houston is now right in the mix also. Those are 5 teams that are flat out good with a capitol G. What will Portland do? talented and young but a bright future and can they come on next year? I am not sure about Golden State and Phx. Phx needs one more really good player but if Nash stays healthy, he should push them across for a playoff spot in the top 8. The Timbrs have a fair young team but i feel the center position will hurt them bad and Love would have to grow up very fast and that is at 6'10 at center. Denver is always a mystery but talented.

Dallas has alot of hard work to make the playoffs next year. It can happen but it won't be easy with the west stacked like it is. I do no`t expect the Clippers to make a playoff spot but with Davis and Camby and Kaman has been strong, who knows. I feel they need one more good outside guy to go to, that is good.

One position very fast will be tested by all teams in the nba when they play Dallas. It is going to be sg. To make our sg play defense and make our sg penetrate and shoot. This is a hurdle and position our coach must fill and help this sg on our team, drive the ball. It is just to many good teams now and we must have some kind of penetration at that position. I hope for the best.
Damn, stop making me sad. Now that we know he's not coming here, let's just stop listing the many positives of having Ron Artest on our basketball team.

Bold prediction: If the "We like our team" attitude continues until November, the Mavericks will struggle to make the playoffs, then begin to transition into rebuilding mode next offseason. Sorry folks, it's the sad truth. I've loved the Mavericks for a long time, this is extremely sad for me to witness.
CanadianMavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 09:21 PM   #52
vmac

vmac is just really nicevmac is just really nicevmac is just really nicevmac is just really nicevmac is just really nicevmac is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX
haha. i'm just kidding. But seriously though. the price is outrageous, damn comcast!
How much is it? I have Dish right now and am not willing to spend more than $150.

And whatever happened to trading Kenny Thomas with Artest. It just seems so stupid on the part of the Kings.
vmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 09:24 PM   #53
antoinewalker
Golden Member

antoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the rough

LOL.
antoinewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 09:25 PM   #54
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

GuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, it's still sh*tty that the Mavs didn't get him, especially considering that they offered a better package. But that's the thing I'm disappointed about -- the Mavs not getting him. It doesn't bother me much that the Rockets got him, personally.
The Rockets having first round draft picks to give up helped. We still have an early second, so we don't lose much value.

And Janett, Ron Artest is 28.

Last edited by GuerillaBlack; 07-29-2008 at 09:26 PM.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 09:33 PM   #55
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianMavsFan
Damn, stop making me sad. Now that we know he's not coming here, let's just stop listing the many positives of having Ron Artest on our basketball team.

Bold prediction: If the "We like our team" attitude continues until November, the Mavericks will struggle to make the playoffs, then begin to transition into rebuilding mode next offseason. Sorry folks, it's the sad truth. I've loved the Mavericks for a long time, this is extremely sad for me to witness.
F Management especially donnie nelson.

Last edited by LSMF; 07-29-2008 at 09:34 PM.
LSMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 09:38 PM   #56
CanadianMavsFan

CanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud of

Well, we all know there is only one solution to this people. Fire Donnie Nelson. He's a buffoon and a fool, thank god Carlisle came out of nowhere, if this man was coaching our team we'd be in a world of trouble.

Right now the best thing Donnie Nelson can do is trip up Yao Ming in one of China's upcoming practices. Who the hell would coach the team of a communist country that tortures its citizens anyway?
CanadianMavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 09:41 PM   #57
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

The Rockets gave up a bag of peanuts for Artest. Even if we trade JHo for JSmith or something along those lines, that talent upgrade wouldn't overlap their talent upgrade. Never the less, I still believe in the Mavs. Rockets are scary if they're healthy, but that is a big if given historical trends.
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 09:46 PM   #58
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack
The Rockets having first round draft picks to give up helped. We still have an early second, so we don't lose much value.

And Janett, Ron Artest is 28.
The first rounder must have been the deal breaker, as there is no question that a Bass/Stackhouse package is better than Bobby Jackson.

And Artest obviously had no say in the matter, so it's not about where he'd rather play. The first round pick must have been the deal.

Good for the Rockets.

Old 07-29-2008, 09:50 PM   #59
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazi
The Rockets gave up a bag of peanuts for Artest. Even if we trade JHo for JSmith or something along those lines, that talent upgrade wouldn't overlap their talent upgrade. Never the less, I still believe in the Mavs. Rockets are scary if they're healthy, but that is a big if given historical trends.
I think this trade will help them finally get to the second round. They're a very solid team imo. They have T-Mac/ Yao/ Artest as their main options. Then they have an excellent supporting cast with Alston, Head, Scola, Landry, Brooks, Battier, and Mutombo. This team looks like they will make some noise.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:55 PM   #60
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 10:00 PM   #61
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Housten needs to prove they are elite before they scare me... just like we need to prove we are still elite before I believe in this team. Getting Josh Smith would sure help that cause... it's really our last shot.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 10:15 PM   #62
And1

And1 will become famous soon enough

wow,

splash
Old 07-29-2008, 10:15 PM   #63
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

If they don't make a move, the FO office is all in the hot seat and they've put an incredible amount of pressure on Carlisle.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:32 PM   #64
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The first rounder must have been the deal breaker, as there is no question that a Bass/Stackhouse package is better than Bobby Jackson.

And Artest obviously had no say in the matter, so it's not about where he'd rather play. The first round pick must have been the deal.

Good for the Rockets.
It's essentially two first rounders. Plus the Kings should prefer Bobby Jackson to Stackhouse. We've been talking about Stack as if he's an expiring contract since only $2MM of his salary is guaranteed in 2009 and Cuban can send that with him in a trade. The reality is, the Kings are trying to get under the cap by next year (it's going to be next to impossible but that's their goal) and that $2MM would still be sitting on their cap if they cut him. Houston's was the better offer.

Now if we could have kept our picks from the Kidd trade (or kept the 2010 pick and bought one this year) we could have topped the Rockets by offering two first rounders and Bass. As it stands we're looking eerily similar to the Utah Jazz after the two Finals losses.

Last edited by dirno2000; 07-29-2008 at 10:33 PM.
dirno2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 10:37 PM   #65
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

The Kings are putting together a nice young team. It will take a couple years for it to come together but other teams like Dallas, SA, and Phoenix will be needing to rebuild by that time and the Kings will have a head start.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:40 PM   #66
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

We better get Josh Smith now or i'm going to be pissed!!!!
Old 07-29-2008, 10:45 PM   #67
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFanFinley
The Kings are putting together a nice young team. It will take a couple years for it to come together but other teams like Dallas, SA, and Phoenix will be needing to rebuild by that time and the Kings will have a head start.
A nice young team will continue to be just that unless they can find a way to acquire or develop a superstar. Dallas, PHX and SA may be getting old but LA, Utah and N.O. aren't. And Portland already has a nice young team with a superstar in the making in Roy and a possible franchise center. OKC doesn't have much but they already have their star in place.

If I'm a Kings fans I still don't feel good about my franchise or where it's going.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:48 PM   #68
alby
Guru

Young teams in this conference aren't going to account to much IMO. Unless, as young.. you mean young--like, they'll be good in 5 years when Duncan/Dirk/Kobe/etc are no longer in their primes. But then, you have Paul/Deron/Melo who are still young on already powerhouse Western teams.

Contact Me

Last edited by alby; 07-29-2008 at 10:51 PM.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:49 PM   #69
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000
A nice young team will continue to be just that unless they can find a way to acquire or develop a superstar. Dallas, PHX and SA may be getting old but LA, Utah and N.O. aren't. And Portland already has a nice young team with a superstar in the making in Roy and a possible franchise center. OKC doesn't have much but they already have their star in place.

If I'm a Kings fans I still don't feel good about my franchise or where it's going.
They might feel a sigh of relief now that the Artest-watch is over (addition by subtraction). But I do agree with your main thought.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 07-29-2008 at 10:50 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 10:50 PM   #70
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

GuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

I would also put the Rockets as a relatively young team. Outside of the Spurs (everyone is younger than them), I believe they are younger than both the Mavs and Suns.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 10:52 PM   #71
alby
Guru

Yeah, but they have Grandpa Mutombo and Uncle Barry.

Contact Me
Old 07-29-2008, 10:56 PM   #72
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack
I would also put the Rockets as a relatively young team. Outside of the Spurs (everyone is younger than them), I believe they are younger than both the Mavs and Suns.
T-Mac has the body of a 35 year old. I can see him breaking down prematurely. Otherwise the Rockets could be good for a while too.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:58 PM   #73
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
T-Mac has the body of a 35 year old. I can see him breaking down prematurely. Otherwise the Rockets could be good for a while too.
More like his back, to be specific. You can usually mark him down for missing about 15 games a year on average over the past 5 years.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 07-29-2008 at 10:59 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 11:04 PM   #74
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Kevin Martin has proven himself to lead a team. It should be his now that Artest is gone. Spencer Hawes had a nice season but we need to see if he can build on that. If Donte Green and Jason Thompson can prove themselves in the next year or two then that's a nice core.

Not saying it's a championship team right now but they'll have a head start on some of the other teams that will need to rebuild in a couple years. Guys like Miller, Rahim, and Thomas (assuming they don't unload those contracts before) will be off the books in 2 years as well.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:30 PM   #75
NYCdog

NYCdog will become famous soon enoughNYCdog will become famous soon enough
Default Kings Firesale?

First post in a long time.......

1. Obviously huge steal for the Rocks, considering 09 First rounder will probably be a late round pick.

BUT, this deal makes me wonder.

The Maloofs have had a difficult time selling the idea of a new arena on the CAl Expo Fairgrounds. With this in mind, are the Kings now in "Marlins Firesale mode?"

I mean, Its Ron "effn" Artest they just traded....FOR THIS!?!

If the city of Sacto isnt careful, their's a beautiful new building in Kansas City called the Sprint Center already ope and vacant. And there is also a vacancy in Seattle (no new building though). The Kings could be following Artest out of town......
Old 07-29-2008, 11:44 PM   #76
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

The Rockets on paper are younger than the Mavs but not really. Yao Ming is 28 years old. But with his size and weight, he only has a few good years left. No one of that size has ever had an impact say past 32. And that is pushing it. Dirno already pointed out McGrady.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 11:46 PM   #77
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCdog
First post in a long time.......

1. Obviously huge steal for the Rocks, considering 09 First rounder will probably be a late round pick.

BUT, this deal makes me wonder.

The Maloofs have had a difficult time selling the idea of a new arena on the CAl Expo Fairgrounds. With this in mind, are the Kings now in "Marlins Firesale mode?"

I mean, Its Ron "effn" Artest they just traded....FOR THIS!?!

If the city of Sacto isnt careful, their's a beautiful new building in Kansas City called the Sprint Center already ope and vacant. And there is also a vacancy in Seattle (no new building though). The Kings could be following Artest out of town......
Hey dude... long time no see. I've been dying to ask you for years now.... how does it feel to have not won a World Series since you guaranteed they would years ago? I think that was the year the Red Sox won their first (this decade), right?

I couldn't resist.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 07-29-2008 at 11:46 PM.
u2sarajevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 11:48 PM   #78
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Did the Kings not get the memo that Bobby Jackson hasn't been very good since he left the Kings the first time? He's just been wondering from team to team really.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 11:50 PM   #79
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Does this move put serious pressure on the Dallas FO...or will they still rely on Carlisle and Kidd to be enough?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 11:53 PM   #80
BGMaverick9
Guru

I don't know about the first part, they don't seem to mind the pressure.

As for Carlisle and Kidd, I think a lot of pressure goes their way now.