Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-28-2010, 12:38 AM   #1
pkdumas
Golden Member

pkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to all

Saw that he hit 3 threes in less than a minute. Must've been ridiculous.
Old 03-28-2010, 12:42 AM   #2
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

I really want to see Roddy vs the Denver Nuggets. How will he react versus a physical defense such as the Nuggets?
Old 03-28-2010, 12:47 AM   #3
pkdumas
Golden Member

pkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSMF View Post
I really want to see Roddy vs the Denver Nuggets. How will he react versus a physical defense such as the Nuggets?
Denver is making us look good lately. And is Denver's defense really that special? ESPN Stats has Denver as the 9th worst defensive team in the league (if you go by points allowed).
Old 03-28-2010, 12:51 AM   #4
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkdumas View Post
Denver is making us look good lately. And is Denver's defense really that special? ESPN Stats has Denver as the 9th worst defensive team in the league (if you go by points allowed).
Denver lives from the homecourt where they can go always berserker.

And i dont wanna see Roddy against Billups. I dont know what happened but Billups is shooting 7.2 FTA/G this season. He just has to look to the refs and they give him the FT. Roddy would be hammered with 2-3 fouls in a few minutes.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 01:02 AM   #5
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Denver lives from the homecourt where they can go always berserker.

And i dont wanna see Roddy against Billups. I dont know what happened but Billups is shooting 7.2 FTA/G this season. He just has to look to the refs and they give him the FT. Roddy would be hammered with 2-3 fouls in a few minutes.
Billups kicks his feet out and flops a lot. It helps that no one thinks of him as a flopper either, so he gets a lot of undeserved calls.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 01:22 AM   #6
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
Billups kicks his feet out and flops a lot. It helps that no one thinks of him as a flopper either, so he gets a lot of undeserved calls.
in his defense he gives good head and shoulder fakes and goes up and under really well
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 12:47 AM   #7
jleefilled
Platinum Member

jleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSMF View Post
I think it would be good for Beaubois to get some minutes against Chauncey. Earlier in the season after watching Roddy play, I thought his upside might be Chauncey-like, and that he would develop to, at the least, a Barbosa-type player. I know Beaubois has a hall of famer like Kidd to emulate his game after, but I'm not so sure he wouldn't be better served to study some tapes on Billups.
jleefilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 12:59 AM   #8
quietsavant

quietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud of

Anyone know how to download this game?

The good Ol days : Click
quietsavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 02:53 PM   #9
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Down them all

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietsavant View Post
Anyone know how to download this game?
Four quarters - one bucket !
http://rapidshare.com/files/36943477...vGSW.part1.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/36943460...vGSW.part2.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/36943202...vGSW.part3.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/36943172...vGSW.part4.rar
Old 03-29-2010, 05:22 PM   #10
quietsavant

quietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud of

I love you, in a brotherly mavs fan, almost over the top, yes homo way.

The good Ol days : Click

Last edited by quietsavant; 03-29-2010 at 05:23 PM.
quietsavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 01:04 AM   #11
vinylstar

vinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud of

vinylstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 01:10 AM   #12
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

How about "HOPE"?
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 01:39 AM   #13
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

MFollowill:
Saw something I have never seen before, got on 1st bus to hotel. Few plyrs, few assts, sum other staff, Roddy was last 1 on b4 it was bout to head back and walked on and whole bus erupted in yelling and applause, pretty cool!!!

BEAT LA
badfish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 01:55 AM   #14
She_Growls
Golden Member

She_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfish22 View Post
MFollowill:
Saw something I have never seen before, got on 1st bus to hotel. Few plyrs, few assts, sum other staff, Roddy was last 1 on b4 it was bout to head back and walked on and whole bus erupted in yelling and applause, pretty cool!!!
Ah, that is too cool....love it! Robo deserves it!
She_Growls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 01:45 AM   #15
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

holy crap-- I was at a party and I come back and Roddy with 40pts, 8reb, 3ast and 3blks?!?!?!? Are you kidding me?
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 09:35 AM   #16
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
holy crap-- I was at a party and I come back and Roddy with 40pts, 8reb, 3ast and 3blks?!?!?!? Are you kidding me?
Yes, yes we are. We hacked ESPN, fabricated a box score where Roddy went crazy, and emailed it to RC in hopes that he'll see that, think he missed a game or something, and play Roddy more. Clearly, a stat line like that could never actually happen to a rookie who gets DNP-CD'ed because he can't handle it out there on the floor.

Or maybe Roddy's just that good.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 02:07 AM   #17
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

This game reminded me of watching Roddy youtube highlights before the draft. How can there ever be another DNP CD after game?

Last edited by FreshJive; 03-28-2010 at 02:08 AM.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 02:10 AM   #18
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

"The way he's been playing, you've got to give him some room somewhere"- Nowitzki

BEAT LA

Last edited by badfish22; 03-28-2010 at 02:11 AM.
Old 03-28-2010, 03:12 AM   #19
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

For those of you convinced that this game means Roddy can't possibly get another DNP-CD, I wouldn't be so sure:

Quote:
“Coming into this game, we knew this was the type of team that he would be able to showcase his abilities,” Dallas coach Rick Carlisle said. “When he came in he made a lot of great things happen.”

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 03:34 AM   #20
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
For those of you convinced that this game means Roddy can't possibly get another DNP-CD, I wouldn't be so sure:
Yeah I have to admit that I didn't find Carlisle's postgame comments terribly convincing on the Roddy situation. Hope I am wrong on that though.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 03:55 AM   #21
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

I almost cried when i saw the boxscore. I can't wait to watch this bad boy. Roddy, i love you.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 06:28 AM   #22
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

I am totally trying to stay away from this obsession with Beaubois on this board.

But having said that, I think he deserves more playing time for sure. Can't even remember the last time another Mavs player not named Dirk had a 40-point game.

Maybe coach does exactly know what he is doing. By keeping him on a short leash, he might really help Beaubois concentrating on getting better and preventing him from being carried away by too much praise too early.

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 06:50 AM   #23
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by twelli View Post
Maybe coach does exactly know what he is doing. By keeping him on a short leash, he might really help Beaubois concentrating on getting better and preventing him from being carried away by too much praise too early.
I sure hope so. It is a very complexing situation, his he keeping Beaubois playing time down for his developement and his he keeping him for a playoff surprise? It is just impossible to figure Rick out sometimes, and that is frustrating.
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 07:43 AM   #24
jcm28

jcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to all

Michael Jennings who?
Old 03-28-2010, 08:15 AM   #25
Lor20
Golden Member

Lor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud of

just to put 9 made threes into perspective.. dirks and kidds career high is 8, terry's is 7, carrolls and bareas is 6.
Yes, the warriors are a bad team.. but this was definetly special... his shot looks so effortless even from 25 feet.
Lor20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 08:25 AM   #26
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

When's the last time we won a game where Dirk only scored 13 (even against a team as pathetic as the Dubs)?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 08:50 AM   #27
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Man I like that 3pt shot that roddy has but the thing that I think I like most is his 10 foot teardrop. That thing is NVE like. It's going to be a major weapon and a way to score without getting killed in there like devin does. He's got just a wonderful and effortless touch on that thing.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 09:13 AM   #28
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Man I like that 3pt shot that roddy has but the thing that I think I like most is his 10 foot teardrop. That thing is NVE like. It's going to be a major weapon and a way to score without getting killed in there like devin does. He's got just a wonderful and effortless touch on that thing.
Rep. Great NVE comparison.

What a draft for pgs....

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 10:05 AM   #29
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm still not sure what the answer is at backup PG, but I just don't see how you can give Roddy any more DND-CD's. Don't you have to at least give him 3-5 minutes every game and just see what he's got? If he takes bad shots and misses defensive assignments, fine, sit him back on the bench. But to never even see what he has during a given game...just doesn't make any sense at this point.

And sadly...I bet it happens Monday.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 03-28-2010 at 10:06 AM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 10:19 AM   #30
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

It might take something like a 40 point explosion to crack RC's head about playing rookies. GSW is a pretty tough gauge as they are a laughing stock of a team right now, waiting to be sold, waiting for the lottery, waiting to fire the coach.

But I agree...a guy who can score 40...well there's really only one other player on this team that can do that..I would surely (don't call me shirley) have a tough time not giving him 10 minutes or so. You've just got to find a way to carve out some minutes for that much talent, you just have to.

If not your sanity (and your job) is going to be questioned and rightly so.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 12:01 PM   #31
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
It might take something like a 40 point explosion to crack RC's head about playing rookies. GSW is a pretty tough gauge as they are a laughing stock of a team right now, waiting to be sold, waiting for the lottery, waiting to fire the coach.
If Rick still doesn't want to play Roddy every game, he can very easily point to the opponent Roddy did this against, as he already has (see my post above). It's probably foolish, but I'd imagine that's what he'll do.

Last edited by LonghornDub; 03-28-2010 at 12:03 PM.
Old 03-28-2010, 12:09 PM   #32
badfish22
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
If Rick still doesn't want to play Roddy every game, he can very easily point to the opponent Roddy did this against, as he already has (see my post above). It's probably foolish, but I'd imagine that's what he'll do.
I now you are just the messenger here, so I'm just arguing with Ricks supposed idea.

1. We have lost to the Warriors before, and were losing by five before Roddy entered the game.
2. Monta Ellis was guarding him the whole time, who is a good defender. He did a great job on Kobe a couple weeks ago.
3. He was hitting tough, guarded shots. Wasn't a product of bad defense.

What Carlisle was probably trying to say was that it will be hard to play Roddy so many minutes because they can't roll with the 3 pgs lineup against other teams. Which is true, but I would sit Terry and Barea for more Roddy SG minutes. And I still like the Roddy +Terry backcourt idea.

BEAT LA
Old 03-28-2010, 12:12 PM   #33
LonghornDub

Quote:
I now you are just the messenger here, so I'm just arguing with Ricks supposed idea.

1. We have lost to the Warriors before, and were losing by five before Roddy entered the game.
2. Monta Ellis was guarding him the whole time, who is a good defender. He did a great job on Kobe a couple weeks ago.
3. He was hitting tough, guarded shots. Wasn't a product of bad defense.

What Carlisle was probably trying to say was that it will be hard to play Roddy so many minutes because they can't roll with the 3 pgs lineup against other teams. Which is true, but I would sit Terry and Barea for more Roddy SG minutes. And I still like the Roddy +Terry backcourt idea.
Agree totally.

Old 03-28-2010, 12:08 PM   #34
kurtkbain

kurtkbain is a jewel in the roughkurtkbain is a jewel in the roughkurtkbain is a jewel in the roughkurtkbain is a jewel in the rough

Rodrigue Beaubois 40 points vs Golden State Warriors

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7eNw1XKVDg
kurtkbain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 12:56 PM   #35
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurtkbain View Post
Rodrigue Beaubois 40 points vs Golden State Warriors

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7eNw1XKVDg
I love Roddy's smooth little floaters up the middle and his quick, sloppy, off-balance (yet, controlled) release on those 3's (very Dirk-like...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 03-28-2010 at 12:59 PM. Reason: I'm Underdog, bitch!
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 12:27 PM   #36
badfish22
Golden Member

Default The Night It Rained Fire In Oakland

BEAT LA
Old 03-28-2010, 01:24 PM   #37
LetsGoMavs
Diamond Member

LetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Thanks man - i´ve been searching a pic of this pose for almost the entire day .

Last edited by LetsGoMavs; 03-28-2010 at 01:45 PM.
LetsGoMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 12:40 PM   #38
badfish22
Golden Member

BEAT LA
Old 03-28-2010, 12:53 PM   #39
aurelino9

aurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to all

i do not like the idea of Terry as a PG..if you are running ISOs for Dirk, then its not too bad...can't expect to run anything else in the half-court.
What if Roddy is the first one off the bench so he gets to play with Kidd (instead of Terry) in the first quarter? A rotation like

First quarter
Kidd/Butler: first 7:00 minutes
Kidd/Roddy: last 5:00 minutes
Second quarter
Barea/Terry: first 4 minutes
Terry/Roddy: next 3 minutes
Kidd/Butler: final 5.
aurelino9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 01:25 PM   #40
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

This was even better than:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=270130006

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flying frenchman, hello? its the warriors, i came, i conquered, i errupted on every three, i jizzed my pants, i saw, just once?, kobe beaubois, kobe? mj beaubois, multiple orgasm, myroddybucketisfull