Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-03-2007, 01:00 AM   #1
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Official GDT: Mavs @ Warriors, Rd. 1, Game 6. Destiny, thou art a cruel mistress.

Role reversal
Dirk, top-seeded Mavs in comfort zone as underdogs

Quote:
Nothing in this terrific series should surprise anyone any longer. I'm on record as picking the Mavericks to ultimately survive their original 3-1 deficit, but the Warriors are more than capable of running them off the floor Thursday in Oakland. Davis has been the biggest star of the playoffs and he's more than capable of empowering a 20-point blowout to clinch the series.

My hunch, however, is that the Mavs have the Warriors right where they want them.

Dallas is still adapting to its burdensome role as favorites to win the championship and, in combination with the additional stress applied by former coach Don Nelson, the Mavs haven't looked anything like the team that ran away with the best record.

But with 3:07 left, having divested themselves of home court advantage, a 21-point lead in this game and any pretense that Nowitzki would dominate the series -- with all of that clutter out of the way, the Mavs became the underdog again.

And what do you know, there was Nowitzki pulling up for the threes that he seemed almost afraid to attempt earlier in the game. To the rest of the world these were high-pressure shots, because he and his team couldn't afford for him to misfire. But he looked far more comfortable now than he had a quarter earlier, when he was focused on working within the Dallas system that had won 67 games during the regular season and blah blah blah.

When Nowitzki plays within the system to the extent that he has for most of this series, the Mavs lose their biggest weapon and the system grows impotent. Dallas didn't become the favorite because of Avery Johnson's X's and O's anymore than San Antonio has won championships because of Gregg Popovich; both of those systems are mere frames to the exceptional performances of Nowitzki and Tim Duncan, respectively. The Mavs have needed desperately to forget all about their status and what 67 wins says about them, and instead just go for it and trust Johnson to rein them in should they run amok.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ors/index.html

one win at a time guys. one at a time.
GO MAVS!!!

Last edited by nowhereman; 05-03-2007 at 01:05 AM.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2007, 01:07 AM   #2
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

This isn't over until the German says it's over.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:12 AM   #3
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Our seductive and elusive mistress seldom returns our love, but every now and then, as I say, she turns and smiles.

--James Kilpatrick.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 01:15 AM   #4
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Please Mavs.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 01:15 AM   #5
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Our seductive and elusive mistress seldom returns our love, but every now and then, as I say, she turns and smiles.

--James Kilpatrick.
the nba. it's faaantastically agonizing.

mavs 110, gs 103
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 01:21 AM   #6
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs 108 GS 102. Please.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 01:29 AM   #7
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Old 05-03-2007, 01:55 AM   #8
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

The better team will win this game.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 01:59 AM   #9
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

MAVS WIN
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 02:11 AM   #10
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

(btw.. mavs better win.. it's my bday!)
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 02:50 AM   #11
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one
Happy birthday man! Coincidence? No way. It's an omen.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 03:50 AM   #12
Lor20
Golden Member

Lor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud of

cro for 35 tonight (j/k) - wouldnt mind seeing him 10 mins or so tonight,

Last edited by Lor20; 05-03-2007 at 03:57 AM.
Lor20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 05:00 AM   #13
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

We better jump to an early 20-point lead and never let them come closer than 15...

Otherwise this will be nerve-wrecking as nerve-wrecking can be...

If we defend like last game only giving them 3-point looks, I am sure their 20,000 pound arms will miss a lot of shots.

Silence the mob, Mavs!!!

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 05:42 AM   #14
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

This is the same situation as Game 4. We need one game on the road to recapture HCA.

But this time, there's no second chance. Or rather, this IS the second chance.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 05:54 AM   #15
croco

croco has a spectacular aura aboutcroco has a spectacular aura aboutcroco has a spectacular aura about

Mavs have yet to play the total 48 minutes. God I hope they do it tonight or it's over.
croco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 05:56 AM   #16
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

fluid.forty.one gets birthday present from Mavs. The crowd at Orco was silenced has they they saw their Warriors hope of upsetting the Mavs go down one more notch. The Dallas Mavericks beat their Warriors 112-89, it seemed all Golden State could do was throw up bricks.
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 07:06 AM   #17
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs 108-102....

F'em up, Mavs, F'em up real hard.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 07:26 AM   #18
Lor20
Golden Member

Lor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud of

baron davis fouls out in q3, jackson gets two t's yet again and the mavs cruise home at 106-87.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:58 AM   #19
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

go mavs

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 08:07 AM   #20
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
They came through on my bday tuesday. I hope they do the same for you.

Both games they've won they've had to score 112+ so....

Mavs 113
GS 110
Ok my real prediction now: Warriors 107, Mavericks 93

Last edited by Flacolaco; 05-03-2007 at 04:33 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 08:27 AM   #21
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Let's do it!

BTW- I waited until the GDT to make my 3000th post, hopefully bringing the 3rd win!

Last edited by DubOverdose; 05-03-2007 at 08:41 AM.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 08:31 AM   #22
Lor20
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
They came through on my bday tuesday. I hope they do the same for you.

Both games they've won they've had to score 112+ so....

Mavs 113
GS 110
flaco believes in a mavs win? woah - now we simply cant lose!
Old 05-03-2007, 08:52 AM   #23
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

I got no more vcash to put on the Mavs but my spirits are with the Mavs tonight.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 08:53 AM   #24
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lor20
He must be talking about next year's season opener.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:57 AM   #25
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs break the spirit of the Warriors
Mavs 109
Warriors 102

Dirk scores 35 and grabs 15 rebounds.
Stack scores 21
Devin scores 16 and dishes out 9 assists

Game 6 Technical fouls: Josh Howard
Jason Richardson
Baron Davis
Matt Barnes (2)
Don Nelson
Game 6 ejections: Matt Barnes
Old 05-03-2007, 08:57 AM   #26
DevinFuture

DevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of light

Mavs by a baker's dozen
DevinFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 08:59 AM   #27
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lor20
I'm just saying that if they were to win this game, that's the kind of score I would expect to see based on past events. Also based on past events, winning @ GS is impossible.

But since RabbitProof is going to the game tonight, I think we should send him with a crowbar and a 40 of Bud down to the GS locker room to tweak the odds a little.
Old 05-03-2007, 09:23 AM   #28
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs - 149
Whiney ass bitch losers 58

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 09:24 AM   #29
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Dammit I'm so antsy....but I still have to finish up a paper for tomorrow and it's going to be hard to stay focused! GO MAVS!
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 09:41 AM   #30
DirkGoesNuclear

DirkGoesNuclear has a spectacular aura aboutDirkGoesNuclear has a spectacular aura aboutDirkGoesNuclear has a spectacular aura about

Great mojo. Someone please put up the UFO pic.
Old 05-03-2007, 10:00 AM   #31
Texas_SportsFan1

Texas_SportsFan1 will become famous soon enough

Any word on J-Rich yet?

GO MAVS!

Talk Rangers Baseball Here
Texas_SportsFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 10:11 AM   #32
globemaster

globemaster will become famous soon enough
Default I disagree with what he says...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman
Role reversal
Dirk, top-seeded Mavs in comfort zone as underdogs

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ors/index.html

one win at a time guys. one at a time.
GO MAVS!!!
Great article, but I think that people aren't giving enough credit to the Warriors. IF Golden State does win this series they'll beat Houston or Utah in a maximum of 6 game (probably 5) and I give them at least a 50-50 shot at San Antonio or Phoenix. That trade made a championship caliber chemistry for Golden State and the Warriors have played like champs.

I personally think that this series is the championship this year and unfortunately I think that we're gonna fall a little short this year. Hopefully next year we won't end up in matchup hell like we did this year. On the other hand, if we find a way to steal this one tonight then I think we win the whole damn thing.

GO MAVS!!!
globemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 10:11 AM   #33
ballin_boi
Banned

ballin_boi is a jewel in the roughballin_boi is a jewel in the roughballin_boi is a jewel in the roughballin_boi is a jewel in the roughballin_boi is a jewel in the rough

Mavs 3412
Warriors 3411
ballin_boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 10:15 AM   #34
pkdumas
Golden Member

pkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to all

Matt Barnes... He's not the biggest thug on the Warriors, but he's definitely the skankiest. Oh, and he's the second biggest thug on the team.

Last edited by pkdumas; 05-03-2007 at 10:15 AM.
pkdumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 10:17 AM   #35
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

i don't know how apropos but it sure as hell gets me fired up:

Ah, ah, ah.
We come from the land of the ice and snow,
From the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.
The hammer of the gods will drive our ships to new lands,
To fight the horde, singing and crying: Valhalla, I am coming!

On we sweep with threshing oar, Our only goal will be the western shore.

Ah, ah, ah.
We come from the land of the ice and snow,
From the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.
How soft your fields so green, can whisper tales of gore,
Of how we calmed the tides of war. We are your overlords.

On we sweep with threshing oar, Our only goal will be the western shore.

So now you'd better stop and rebuild all your ruins,
For peace and trust can win the day despite of all your losing.

Last edited by alexamenos; 05-03-2007 at 10:18 AM.
alexamenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 10:18 AM   #36
Mavzy45

Mavzy45 will become famous soon enoughMavzy45 will become famous soon enough

Mavs pull this one out...then back to Dallas on Saturday! (If they play with the 1st period intensity of last game the full 48 tonight).....Go Mavs!

Mavzy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 10:19 AM   #37
globemaster

Default I'm nervous too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubOverdose
Dammit I'm so antsy....but I still have to finish up a paper for tomorrow and it's going to be hard to stay focused! GO MAVS!
I just can't stand it right now. I hope we can pull it out. This is possibly the biggest game in the Dirk Nowitzki era because people are gonna forever remember what he does in the next one or hopefully two games and use it to evaluate him against other MVPs. Lose one of two and he's gonna be remembered as the least deserving MVP ever - Win both and he'll be remembered as the guy that saved a series with three minutes left by splashing miracle threes.

GO MAVS!!!
Old 05-03-2007, 10:19 AM   #38
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by globemaster
Great article, but I think that people aren't giving enough credit to the Warriors. IF Golden State does win this series they'll beat Houston or Utah in a maximum of 6 game (probably 5) and I give them at least a 50-50 shot at San Antonio or Phoenix. That trade made a championship caliber chemistry for Golden State and the Warriors have played like champs.

I personally think that this series is the championship this year and unfortunately I think that we're gonna fall a little short this year. Hopefully next year we won't end up in matchup hell like we did this year. On the other hand, if we find a way to steal this one tonight then I think we win the whole damn thing.

GO MAVS!!!
Like last year everyone said the Mavs/Spurs series would be for the championship. Well maybe this year as the West teams pound each other here on out, a cake walk happens in the east, and a very fresh eastern conference champions comes strolling into the finals and stealing it again this year.
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 10:20 AM   #39
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

To all pessimists:

The confidence and swagger of our beloved Mavericks has returned.

The Warriors will have to beat us at our best. Nellie's little surprises and gimmicks won't be enough.

Last edited by Dirkadirkastan; 05-03-2007 at 10:21 AM.
Old 05-03-2007, 10:21 AM   #40
globemaster

Default What's up with JRich...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_SportsFan1
Any word on J-Rich yet?

GO MAVS!
Is he injured or something? Boy the way he's hitting the three right now we could sure use him on the pine for this game.

GO MAVS!!!