Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-03-2001, 04:39 PM   #1
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks to ROB W R, the contest deadline has been extended to May 30th. Please post any questions or comments regarding the contest in this thread. All new member referrals should also be posted here. Thanks and good luck to all!

<u>Dallas-Mavs.com Jersey Contest</u>

To celebrate the re-opening of the Dallas-Mavs.com Forums, we are proud to announce the second Dallas-Mavs.com Jersey Contest! Unlike the first contest where the winners were randomly drawn, this time <u>you</u> have control over the outcome! Here's how it works:
  • To be eligible, you must first be a member of this board. If you aren't already a member, registration is fast, easy, and completely free!
  • For every message you post, you will receive 1 point.*
  • For every new member you get to sign up here at the Dallas-Mavs.com Forums, you will receive 15 points.**
  • On May 30th, the member with the most points will receive either a replica Michael Finley road jersey OR a Dallas Mavericks hockey jersey [photo]. Your choice!
The contest officially started on Friday, Feb 23rd, with the re-opening of the forums. Good luck!

* Members who post spam or junk msgs with the sole purpose of boosting their post totals will be disqualified.

** Once the new member signs up, he or she must post a message in THIS thread with the name of the user who referred him/her. IP checks will be conducted to make sure everything's legit (meaning, members who create bogus new accounts WILL BE BANNED!)
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2001, 04:46 PM   #2
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry for the lack of updates. Here are the current point leaders:

1...Evilmav2 (603pts + 1 referral = 618pts)

2...Hales233 (566pts)

3...LAM0015 (557pts)

4...scooterj5 (466pts + 1 referral = 481pts)

5...Mavinator (291pts)

TheKid (286pts), Flying Tiger (279pts), and madape (259pts) are close behind. Oh and Rob would have around 1101pts right now if he were still in it!
Old 05-03-2001, 05:31 PM   #3
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

can I have lam's points since he &quot;left the board&quot;???
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2001, 05:39 PM   #4
Mavinator
Golden Member

Mavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the rough

5th place?? Not bad...
Old 05-03-2001, 05:41 PM   #5
dallaslaker

dallaslaker has a spectacular aura aboutdallaslaker has a spectacular aura aboutdallaslaker has a spectacular aura about

What did Rob do to extend the contest and why is he not in it anymore? Just curious.
dallaslaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2001, 05:52 PM   #6
djb
Administrator

Rob basically had the contest in hand so he decided to let someone else have a shot at winning the jersey. Since it was his decision to do so, I let him have the option of extending the contest to whatever date he wanted. He chose Memorial Day May 30th [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-03-2001, 06:24 PM   #7
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

Mavinator and/or Evilmav2 get the credit for bringing me here.
I don´t know exactly who of them told me about this board on nbatalk.
I saw the contest earlier but i thought it was over so I didn´t mention that.
But I did now [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2001, 06:28 PM   #8
Mavinator
Golden Member

Mavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the rough

Evilmav can have the points.... I'm not going to win...
Old 05-03-2001, 08:03 PM   #9
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

Uhmm, ok, I´m just...
Trying hard to catch up with Evilmav
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2001, 10:40 AM   #10
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

look out for murphy! that guy's posting like crazy!
Old 05-04-2001, 10:46 AM   #11
djb
Administrator

Murphy's made 180 posts in the last two days! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] At this rate, he'll double Rob's posts in a month [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-04-2001, 10:50 AM   #12
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

180 in two days?

DAMN!
Old 05-04-2001, 11:38 AM   #13
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

haha, BBL's got 130 posts in 2 1/2 months [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] .

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2001, 11:55 AM   #14
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

them sounds like fightin' words, rob... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-04-2001, 04:25 PM   #15
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

hehe, actually I guess I can't talk considering the ratio between the number of your posts and my posts at fanhome. Your killing me there. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-04-2001, 04:47 PM   #16
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

it's almost 1:1. but i've been there less time.

i'm a guru [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-04-2001, 04:54 PM   #17
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

dj, i'm actually GOING to pass you.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2001, 04:55 PM   #18
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

I'm a guru too and have been there 8 months longer. You got like 100 more posts then me [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] .

Old 05-04-2001, 04:55 PM   #19
djb
Administrator

As BBL put, &quot;them sounds like fightin' words!&quot;
Old 05-04-2001, 04:55 PM   #20
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

but you'll never be a &quot;mavs freak,&quot; murphy

hey murphy, let us see your profile, so we can keep track of your post-per-day count.
Old 05-04-2001, 04:56 PM   #21
djb
Administrator

At the rate he's posting, maybe he deserves the title Freak? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-04-2001, 05:00 PM   #22
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

there you go, it's visible

actually, it'll drop off this weekend because i have 6 finals to study for and i have to work on saturday..and go to the damn ranger game saturday night.
but i'll have my headphones on listening to the mavs

Old 05-04-2001, 05:01 PM   #23
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

good lord, 108? damn.
Old 05-04-2001, 05:11 PM   #24
djb
Administrator

It'll never keep up [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-05-2001, 01:01 AM   #25
Murphy3
Guru

no, i can't possibly keep it up
i can't keep up my posting number, work full time and take 6 summer school courses...so, something has to give
Old 05-05-2001, 01:13 PM   #26
djb
Administrator

I agree. You're going to have to quit that job Murph. Sorry.
Old 05-07-2001, 10:01 AM   #27
Murphy3
Guru

Haha, will this website finance me through this summer so i can finish college and pay my bills?
if so, i'll quit the job today
Old 05-07-2001, 10:43 AM   #28
djb
Administrator

Of course! Didn't you know that I get paid $1 each and every time someone clicks on the invisible ads located at the top and bottom of each page?
Old 05-07-2001, 10:45 AM   #29
Murphy3
Guru

that's cool, i get paid $50 every time someone touches my..
well, nevermind, probably not the appropriate time or place to bring that up, literally
Old 05-07-2001, 10:46 AM   #30
Murphy3
Guru

i moved into the top 10
Old 05-07-2001, 10:49 AM   #31
djb
Administrator

How odd..I have to pay $50 every time someone touches..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
Old 05-07-2001, 10:50 AM   #32
djb
Administrator

Ok that was a bit crass..sorry [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-07-2001, 02:25 PM   #33
Murphy3
Guru

went from mavericks discussion to a pornography ring.
dj, what type of site are you running here?
well, i have heard things about you and porn
Old 05-07-2001, 02:33 PM   #34
djb
Administrator

lol

sshhhhhhh!!
Old 05-07-2001, 03:28 PM   #35
Murphy3
Guru

yes, i have the best post per day average in the top 10

i'd like to thank all of my fans and supporters that helped me reach this pinnacle.
thank you thekid, without you, this never would have been possible
Old 05-08-2001, 01:16 AM   #36
DunkingDeutschman

DunkingDeutschman is on a distinguished road

Alreight, I just signed up today and I want to be eligible for the jersey. I think I can catch up to EvilMav in 22 days. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] No problem. And I guess I was referred by dj because of his link on his mavtalk signature, but since he isn't in the contest in doesn't matter.
DunkingDeutschman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2001, 01:25 AM   #37
djb
Administrator

I don't think EvilMav2's the one you should be worried about...Murph's averaging over 52 posts a day! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
Old 05-09-2001, 06:37 PM   #38
giostar

giostar will become famous soon enoughgiostar will become famous soon enough

Damn Murph tends to say the same thing over and over and over and well... you know what I mean. Sorry DJ, I'll be on the site for a while, but Im not about to throw up 58 posts a day.

Hey, do you really get $1 each time someone hits that on the top. I thought is was like $.03 or $.04 each time.
giostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2001, 06:38 PM   #39
giostar

giostar will become famous soon enoughgiostar will become famous soon enough

Hey wait a minute, you dont have any banner ads...
Ok... I look like a fool.
giostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2001, 09:14 AM   #40
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

yeah, i think i could get 50 posts a day if they were all about juwan's lack of defense.