Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-25-2010, 02:33 AM   #241
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

I'm bumping these excellent recaps because they got buried by an attention-seeking noob earlier in the thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddh33 View Post
That was really, really impressive.

First of all, I hope everything is alright with Caron Butler.

What a great game though! I think I could have said that even if the Mavs had lost. I'm sure glad I get to say it when they won though.

Jason Kidd is just nuts right now. Everyone who said he couldn't play anymore should really be choking on their crow right now. He's simply one of the most amazing players I have ever seen. His instincts are second to none, and he is making this thing work right now.

Deshawn Stevenson has earned one fan. I was actually sort of excited to get Stevenson as the throw in. I thought this team needed a stronger perimeter athlete who wasn't afraid to get dirty. Stevenson really made Kobe work tonight. I liked the way he competed.

Shawn Marion was really good defensively too. I thought he struggled again on the offensive end, and I just can't figure it out. But he did a great job on Kobe too.

Dirk was great. Don't take his fourth quarter for granted. The Lakers were coming to get that game at the end, and Dirk didn't let it happen. I think he had 13 in the quarter, including some big jumpers. I thought he did a fairly solid job on defense as well.

I don't know what all to say about Brendan Haywood. That guy is like an answer to a prayer. He runs the floor hard - and well. I thought his interior defense was huge, and I was so proud of him knocking down those free throws. Another big game.

Eduardo Najera knows how to play. He's a much better fit for this team than Kris Humphries.

JJ Barea is horrible right now. I can't figure that out either. He was actually really solid last year, and he can't seem to do anything this year. Time to sit him down. I thought it happened tonight, but he came back in the second half over Roddy. That needs to stop soon.

I would love to get Damp and Tim Thomas back soon. This team is thin right now.

Jason Terry was fantastic tonight though. He really exploded tonight, and the Lakers only answer was to foul him and get away with it. Jet hit some big shots tonight though to help keep the team in control. I've said that I think Jet is actually a little underrated by Mavs fans, and I stick by that. He brings some things to this team that no one else really does.

The Mavs have to be thrilled with what they did. Everyone is going to take notice though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Man....that.was.awesome.

Let's start, once again, with Brendan effing Haywood. That dude makes my loins tingle. Having his constant potential for offensive contribution makes such a huge difference to the way this team plays offense. Being trusted with more than just the most basic pass makes such a huge difference with Kidd on the court. It's so nice to once again see what this defense does with a healthy defensive center. The idea of playing Haywood and a healthy Dampier 48 minutes in a center rotation makes me absolutely giddy.

I was glad to see Spiral mention Marion a few posts above. I think we're already to the point where we take Marion's defense for granted. I think we've already forgotten how bizarre it is for the elite scoring swingmen in the NBA to have to struggle for every point they get. There's no doubt that Marion's lack of touch around the basket can be maddening, but that dude has a dramatic effect on the game every minute he's on the court. Please do not forget what Marion does to this defense.

Talking about defense seems like a good time to bring up Stevenson. Leave it to the Mavs front office to make all of us lamenting the loss of Ross look stupid. Stevenson is clearly capable of playing defense on the same level as Ross, and he's sturdier and more athletically gifted. His shot is still pretty broke, but the defense and edginess that dude bring is great. I don't know that he's going to have a permanent role in the rotation, but he's a pretty nice backup plan and change of pace defender.

Dirk....oh Dirk how I love you. I squealed like a school girl when you threw in that and-1 with Koby draped on your back. I heart you. And you stepped it up a little on the boards tonight and fought hard in the post. You.are.the.Man.

How great is it when Jet catches his first pass and you can just see that it's going to be a big Jet night. His energy was high, he was moving with a purpose, he was finding shots in rhythm. He was just awesome. When Jet plays like that we're as good as anyone in basketball.

So we've gotten to this point without mentioning Jason Kidd. And that's kind of typical. He's probably been the most consistent player on the team this year (yes even including Dirk) in bringing the same level night in and night out. His offensive aggression has gone to a level not yet seen in this second stint with the Mavs. He's actively looking for his shot rather than only shooting when wide open, and he's pushing the action offensively more than ever. Just a true joy to watch on a nightly basis.

Fun night, seemed like a great atmosphere in the building. Let's enjoy this one boys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kante View Post
You got owned:

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 02-25-2010 at 02:34 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2010, 02:34 AM   #242
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Aw man, now my rants on Laker fans are buried on the previous page.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 02:41 AM   #243
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Mavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to behold

Every time I see that picture with Marion's butt in Kobe's face I can just hear him in my head saying. "Kiss my butt!!"
Old 02-25-2010, 02:57 AM   #244
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I'm perfectly aware of who they start at center. If they were DEFINITELY going to make a run at Haywood in the offseason then why wouldn't they have made a play for him at the trade deadline? They're under the cap and could have executed a salary dump trade with Washington with much greater ease and with immediate savings to Washington.

They haven't been linked to Haywood in any way, to my knowledge, and considering how little the Mavs had to take on and give up to get Haywood, it seems pretty nonsensical to state that a team is definitely going to make a run at Brendan Haywood in the off season, considering the sheer number of quality free agents that are going to hit the market this summer.

I don't think OKC had much to work with trade wise. To my knowledge they don't have any extremely friendly expirings, nor entertaining prospects to part with. Okc has made it clear that they need to upgrade their frontline, that is no secret. There is no question they are going to make a run at a center this off-season, so I'd be surprised if they didn't at least show some interest in Haywood.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 03:04 AM   #245
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
I don't think OKC had much to work with trade wise. To my knowledge they don't have any extremely friendly expirings, nor entertaining prospects to part with. Okc has made it clear that they need to upgrade their frontline, that is no secret. There is no question they are going to make a run at a center this off-season, so I'd be surprised if they didn't at least show some interest in Haywood.
This. Green is undersized at the 4 but with a good defensive 5 they can get buy with that defensivly. They weren't going to trade any nice young pieces like Harden, Westbrook, Durant, or Green. They made it clear they want to keep their young talent
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 03:11 AM   #246
cinemablend

cinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to all

I haven't seen Dirk this happy since 2007.

I forgot this Dirk existed.
cinemablend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 03:17 AM   #247
cinemablend

cinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to all

Quote:
And JJB is just absolutely terrible at this point. Kidd can't continually play 40+ a night. Roddy is too inexperienced (in part thanks to RC) to see more than 5 MPG in the playoffs. We either need to:

Play Jet at PG with Butler/Stevenson at SG when Kidd rests. Or sign a vet PG. JJB is just not going to cut it.
What needs to happen is from now until the playoffs, Carlisle needs to ditch JJB from the rotation, and start splitting the backup PG minutes between JET and Roddy. See if you can develop Roddy over the next month into at least a semi-reliable backup. If you can't, then be ready to roll with JET at PG.

At this point, JJB accomplishes nothing except stunting the team. It's a waste of resources and time and it's a good way to lose games.
Old 02-25-2010, 03:26 AM   #248
mavErika
Golden Member

mavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant future

As there is a lot of talk about the hands of Damp and Haywood in here, I digged for the thread on db.com, comparing the two with stats from 82games.com:
http://dallasbasketballdotcom.yuku.c...o-Damp-s-.html

To sum it up, Damp's hands (over the last 6 seasons: 3.88) are worse than Haywoods("hands rating" over the last 6 seasons: 5.28), but not by that much. Both are significantly worse than Bynum (7,93).
Damp's rating gets downed by a lot of bad passes(surprisningly?) and offensive fouls, while Haywood has (surprisingly?) more "ball handling turnovers". Both have a very equal inside fg percentage over the last years(67%), although Damp's numbers got better since Kidd's arrival, so there is hope Haywood can increase his as well..

Btw,
Marion's "Hands" Rating is 9.8
, which probably isn't very good for his position(s).
mavErika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 03:26 AM   #249
walter

walter is just really nicewalter is just really nicewalter is just really nicewalter is just really nicewalter is just really nicewalter is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kante View Post
You got owned:

Hey Kobe, tell me how my ass taste
walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 03:28 AM   #250
cinemablend

Laker fans are, in general, people who just root for whichever team they think is most likely to win.

And let's face it, a lot of the rich coke & boob job crowd in the lower bowl at the AAC aren't really basketball fans, they are those people, the people who just root for whichever makes them seem the coolest or most like a celebrity. So normally they root for the Mavs but when the Lakers come to town, they thrown on their Lakers jerseys and pretend to be die hard Lakers fans to impress Jay-Z and Beyonce.

Bah on them.

This team is awesome. Amazing win tonight. The Mavs deserve a better crowd in the lower bowl. Bet there weren't many Lakers fans up in the rafters.

Last edited by cinemablend; 02-25-2010 at 05:25 AM.
Old 02-25-2010, 03:34 AM   #251
mavErika
Golden Member

mavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
Only one steal? What's wrong with him?
[Sarcasm]Kidd has declined drastically. Not long ago, he got 4-7 steals a game, but recently he averages an abysmal 0.5 steals. [/Sarcasm]
Old 02-25-2010, 03:44 AM   #252
mavErika
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgfan View Post
Well, yes, and he went 3-4 at the line tonight. That is a huge upgrade over Damp. Those few points he gets at the line will win you several games.
now in the proper place for discussion:

Haywood is 3,5% better than Damp for the season, but their FT career numbers are about the same. That's anything but a huge upgrade.
That being said, I love Haywood too.
Old 02-25-2010, 05:13 AM   #253
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

How much better being a Mavs fan right after the allstar break as opposed to right before! Man these guys are fun to watch!!
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 06:34 AM   #254
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

The good guys won!!

That trade was that best thing that ever happened to this team this season....I hope the guys keep it up.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 08:13 AM   #255
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
Chuck Cooperstein says this is quickly becoming the best trade in Mavs history...
great trade but tractor traylor for some tall guy was a little better...
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 08:21 AM   #256
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Also the job dirk did defensively tonight shouldnt be overlooked. Gasol is an extremely tough cover and he wanted absolutely NOTHING to do with dirk.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 08:51 AM   #257
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan View Post
great trade but tractor traylor for some tall guy was a little better...
Kind of silly to include that when you talk trades. The Mavs could have drafted Dirk without the trade. All the trade really netted them was Pat Garrity. Which was certainly used to get Nash. But I'm not counting a trade that basically netted them Garrity as that great a trade.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 09:09 AM   #258
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
They have three expiring contract that are between 6.5Mil and 7.3Mil apiece, and two of them are players that never play (one of them, Harpring, is retired).

They most certainly had the ability to throw together an expiring contract package for someone you appear to think they covet.

I'm not saying they won't go after Haywood, maybe they will. But this notion that it's an absolute no brainer that they go after Haywood doesn't make sense to me. Haywood isn't the type of player that is going to be a team's primary focus heading into an offseason, especially THIS offseason.

I'll just restate: I'll be absolutely shocked if Haywood isn't re-signed, assuming the Mavs still want him back this summer. In fact if you made me choose, I'd put money on Haywood being back before I would Butler.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 09:20 AM   #259
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think RC is finally starting to wake up regarding JJB. Which is forcing him to play Kidd 40 MPG. What he's got to do is start playing Roddy more AND if he's not comfortable doing that, he has to play Jet at PG w/ Caron/DeShawn at the 2. There is no problem with that. Jet is more than adequate running the point in limited minutes.

But Kidd can't keep playing 40 MPG, and JJB is a huge liability.
He played roddy last night. 3 tos in 5 minutes. What's the dude supposed to do?
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 09:30 AM   #260
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

The Mavs are doomed!
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 09:32 AM   #261
TNT

TNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to all

Did it last night. Will do it again

Old 02-25-2010, 09:33 AM   #262
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Also the job dirk did defensively tonight shouldnt be overlooked. Gasol is an extremely tough cover and he wanted absolutely NOTHING to do with dirk.
I thought Dirk was much better on Gasol than he was on Odom...Odom is a little too quick for him. It is funny isn't it. When Gasol was at memphis we had to put damp on him, but dirk has gotten much more physical in man up coverage.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 02-25-2010, 09:48 AM   #263
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
He played roddy last night. 3 tos in 5 minutes. What's the dude supposed to do?

This looks like more JJB > Roddy stuff, maybe it's not. Either way, you forgot to mention that Roddy had a huge block that got things sparked up for a bit. Or his 2 steals. He didn't chuck up shots or brick layups. And thats where JJB comes in. He went 1-5 and two missed close ones.

Another note, When Roddy is a 3yr pro like JJB he most likely will be a starter, somewhere if not here. JJb might back him up, as it should be.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 10:07 AM   #264
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Fun game to watch, even better due to Mavs victory...but the greatest of all last night...

No doubt the Butt Plant on Kobe by Marion!!!

Enjoy the journey fans, this is shaping up to be one of the funnest years in Mavs history.

And the think, we beat the Lakers being down a key starter, while they were at full strength :-)...oh and isn't that 2 wins over the Lakers this year?
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 10:11 AM   #265
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Mavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to behold

Two wonderful wins!
Old 02-25-2010, 10:19 AM   #266
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Great game. I love the defensive intensity this team has now. I also enjoyed seeing Roddy get some burn and hope it continues. He still has a bit of the jitters but once he settles in to his role I think he'll really begin to flourish.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 10:23 AM   #267
CATCH-17

CATCH-17 is a jewel in the roughCATCH-17 is a jewel in the roughCATCH-17 is a jewel in the roughCATCH-17 is a jewel in the rough

A big Laker fan at work just had to pay me for the bet we had on this game.

LETS GO MAAAAVS!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-25-2010, 10:24 AM   #268
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
This looks like more JJB > Roddy stuff, maybe it's not. Either way, you forgot to mention that Roddy had a huge block that got things sparked up for a bit. Or his 2 steals. He didn't chuck up shots or brick layups. And thats where JJB comes in. He went 1-5 and two missed close ones.

Another note, When Roddy is a 3yr pro like JJB he most likely will be a starter, somewhere if not here. JJb might back him up, as it should be.
No it's more like Roddy is still tremendously inconsistent and JJB is in a humongous slump right now.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:39 AM   #269
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No it's more like Roddy is still tremendously inconsistent and JJB is in a humongous slump right now.
Roddy may be tremendously inconsistent, but I don't think JJB is in a slump. He just sucks.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 02-25-2010 at 10:39 AM.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 10:44 AM   #270
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Roddys minutes are inconsistent. Games like last night I can see it being hard to give him a ton of minutes when we are trying to see how we stand up against the Lakers but there have been so many games now that he should have been in. I hope RC is breaking him into the PG role rather than breaking him.

JJB, eh. I don't hold too much hope for him. It would be nice if he made it out of the slump in time for the playoffs. We need him to step up because obviously Roddy isn't gonna get any playoff time.

Old 02-25-2010, 10:45 AM   #271
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinemablend View Post
I haven't seen Dirk this happy since 2007.

I forgot this Dirk existed.
the last couple season had put the happy Dirk into a coma...did yall see the post game where he was talking about his teammates and then Jay Z?

The dude was almost physically giddy the entire time.

That is one happy German. And that could make for a happy Dallas.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 10:46 AM   #272
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
the last couple season had put the happy Dirk into a coma...did yall see the post game where he was talking about his teammates and then Jay Z?

The dude was almost physically giddy the entire time.

That is one happy German. And that could make for a happy Dallas.

No, you got a link?

Old 02-25-2010, 10:47 AM   #273
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT View Post
Did it last night. Will do it again
That was pretty funny. But one question: How does Phil change so much in the middle of a conversation (hair, facial hair, clothes, glasses)? Is that what they mean by 'zen'?
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 10:48 AM   #274
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
In general, I think Dirk has Pau figured out.

and Odom is only occasionally good against him (kind of like the rest of Odom's career).

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 02-25-2010, 10:52 AM   #275
CapitanObvious

CapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud of

Didn't catch the game 'cause of work. But DAMN this team is on a ROLL!!!

I love DeShawn Stevenson. My bro said he absolutely gave Kobe fits.
Lebron Stopper??? He just might be!

Any news on CB? Would he play in the next game?

CapitanObvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 10:53 AM   #276
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Roddys minutes are inconsistent. Games like last night I can see it being hard to give him a ton of minutes when we are trying to see how we stand up against the Lakers but there have been so many games now that he should have been in. I hope RC is breaking him into the PG role rather than breaking him.

JJB, eh. I don't hold too much hope for him. It would be nice if he made it out of the slump in time for the playoffs. We need him to step up because obviously Roddy isn't gonna get any playoff time.
Hmm....so he was the first point guard off the bench and he proceeded to stink it up so RC yanked him...but somehow he's breaking him?

If he can't handle being yanked for stinkin it up, then he should be in the d-league.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:56 AM   #277
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitanObvious View Post
Any news on CB? Would he play in the next game?
Friday against ATL.

Old 02-25-2010, 10:59 AM   #278
CapitanObvious

CapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud of

Quote:
Friday against ATL.
Sweet.

When Damp returns....Damn.. I actually just scared myself there.

Old 02-25-2010, 11:02 AM   #279
CapitanObvious

Btw have you guys seen that Haywood interview? I think he just might be jizzing his pants a little bit there with his excitement to be a part of the mavs.

Last edited by CapitanObvious; 02-25-2010 at 11:03 AM.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:04 AM   #280
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitanObvious View Post
Btw have you guys seen that Haywood interview? I think he just might be jizzing his pants a little bit there with his excitement to be a part of the mavs.
I know it's obvious, but do you have a link or an idea of where/when/how it was provided?

Tags
dirk pwns ur face 4ever!!