Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 07-09-2001, 12:28 PM   #1
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

Yes, he did it. Beat Patrick Rafter in 5 sets, finally fullfiling his dream of winning at Wimbledon. As a wildcard player, ranked 125th.
That´s such a great feat, and it was such a great match, one of the best I´ve seen since Boris Becker retired.
Congratulations Goran.
Bye the way: Goran dedicated his Victory to Drazen Petrovic (RIP), who was a close friend of him.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2001, 01:21 PM   #2
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

I'm glad he did too, because after hearing McEnroe say SEVERAL times during the Ivanisivec vs Henen match he didn't think Ivanisivec had what it took. I'm glad that FOOL can eat crow now!
Old 07-09-2001, 01:52 PM   #3
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

McEnroe is one of the best commentators on tv. he's getting bashed for giving his opinion, which is exactly what he needs to do. the sport of tennis needs something, and it's sad when one of the main draws to watching tv has to be McEnroe on tv, but that's the way it is. agassi is about all that's left in men's tennis that interests anyone in the U.S...and mcenroe on tv
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2001, 01:55 PM   #4
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

I'm happy for Ivanisevic, but it's still kind of sad to see Rafter lose..AGAIN. I really wanted him to beat Sampras last year.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2001, 04:00 PM   #5
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

Well I can't disagree that there's not much excitement in Men's tennis. That's true, however it was pretty obvious to me that McEnroe was routing for Hennin in that match. Which is fine if he wants to do that, however he should have been more objective when he talked about Gordan Ivenisivic (sp). About the only time he had something to say was when Ivenisivic finally had his 30th ace.
Old 07-10-2001, 08:48 AM   #6
NotEnuffEyesToSee

NotEnuffEyesToSee is on a distinguished road

Congrats Goran !!! Great Job !!!
I was a Becker fan also NOT for his skill in Matratzensport ...
Sometimes Tim Henman reminds me of Becker ... I remember him when he was much younger ...
I thought it's time for a British guy to win the Wimbledon title ...
but it's OK, Ivanisevic was my fav, too ...
Too many lives to lead Not enough time
It's too late
NotEnuffEyesToSee is offline   Reply With Quote