Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Dallas-Mavs.com Stuff

Old 07-19-2001, 08:17 PM   #1
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

I thought dj was gonna suprise us and launch the site today(with the site be down all day and all), but I was wrong. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img] Darn.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2001, 08:54 AM   #2
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

What happened yesterday? Freaked me out!
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2001, 09:05 AM   #3
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Freaked me out too. I tried getting on last night and a message kept popping up that said something like, "Welcome to www.worm.com. You've been Hacked by China", or some crazy thing like that [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] .

Old 07-20-2001, 09:47 AM   #4
Mavinator
Golden Member

Mavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the rough

Those damned Communist countries keep hacking all my favorite sites!
Old 07-20-2001, 10:34 AM   #5
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

The server was hit by the Code Red worm that spread wildly throughout the world on Thursday afternoon/evening. It's estimated that almost 100,000 servers across the world running a Microsoft OS were affected. Suprised the hell out of me too!
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2001, 10:59 AM   #6
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

Good to see the forum up and running again. When I saw that message yesterday I was a little afraid. I was a member of a german forum that got hacked. They lost everything. The threads, Member data etc...
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2001, 11:33 AM   #7
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Am I the only one that immediately shut down my computer when that message came up? I didn't know what the hell was going on. I was kinda scared it was gonna do something to my computer. lol [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-20-2001, 01:29 PM   #8
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

I thought it was some kinda joke at first and it would go away. I definetely shut down right afterwards though.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2001, 05:16 PM   #9
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

My computer's always doing crazy stuff, so I thought it might have been just me.