Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-26-2010, 12:29 AM   #41
mavErika
Golden Member

mavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
I don't disagree that Stern is a bastard.

Maybe it's partially because our broadcasting crew during a game made a decent size segment about it and all had straws in their mouths immitating him etc. Not sure if that happened in Washington or not but this shouldn't be something to worry about. I'm sure Caron would trade his straws for a title anyday. They have buckets of gum and other stuff to chew on.
That's the only reason I can think of that doesn't sound totally paranoid. They were basically promoting straw-chewing to everybody (just in good fun, of course) the other day.
mavErika is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2010, 12:43 AM   #42
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

This blogger has it about right.
http://blacksportsonline.com/home/in...e-talkin-bout/
Quote:
The NBA is where you can trade a player away and in 30 days get him back making the trade a farce.
The NBA is where Tracy McGrady is the highest paid player in the league.
The NBA is where teams tank games just to get a better chance in the lottery.
The NBA is where the refs have John Gotti like connections.
The NBA is where it is all but assured will be dealing with a work stoppage.
The NBA is where FACE/OFF happens.
The NBA has all these issues and more, but they are worried about Caron Butler chewing straws on the bench?
AI VOICE:
“What we talkin bout?”
The NBA is too worried about dress codes, international exposure and chewing straws than the real issues that is going on in the league.
This is silly and David Stern should be ashamed of himself.
I guess Napoleon didn’t like straws.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 01:08 AM   #43
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, to be fair, I did hear that some people were trying to organize a straw night on Wednesday and get all the fans they could to chew on straws during the game. I can see how Stern would want to nip that in the bud rather quickly. You don't want tons of screaming and emotional and drunk (if they can afford the drinks) fans with straws in their mouths.

That being said, this is incredibly silly and Stern should be ashamed.
Old 02-26-2010, 01:08 AM   #44
esoteric562

esoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to all

how ridiculous this new rule is, man if his FG% drops ima be pissed lol his flow is gonna be gone. GONE

Last edited by esoteric562; 02-26-2010 at 01:11 AM.
esoteric562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 01:23 AM   #45
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by esoteric562 View Post
how ridiculous this new rule is, man if his FG% drops ima be pissed lol his flow is gonna be gone. GONE
It would be ridiculous that he depends that heavily on straws. I'm sure he will be fine though. His FG% hasn't been that great anyways. Hopefully he improves that in Dallas.

Last edited by mavsfan1000; 02-26-2010 at 01:23 AM.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 02:22 AM   #46
candid_snoop41
Golden Member

candid_snoop41 is a jewel in the roughcandid_snoop41 is a jewel in the roughcandid_snoop41 is a jewel in the roughcandid_snoop41 is a jewel in the rough

Hey guys,

do you know if caron is going to play vs. ATL tonight?
Old 02-26-2010, 02:23 AM   #47
ReDirkulous Tyme

ReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by candid_snoop41 View Post
Hey guys,

do you know if caron is going to play vs. ATL tonight?
As of now, he is 100% positive he is going to play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Things in the mirror are closer than they appear.
ReDirkulous Tyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 02:26 AM   #48
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Also his knee was stiff from what I heard. Hopefully that won't be an issue.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 02:45 AM   #49
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobatundi View Post
So ridiculous...or is it? I mean, anyone who's ever played Little League baseball knows that's really the first place kids start eating sunflower seeds. Sunflower seeds in little league turn into chewing tobacco in high school, and steroids & HGH in the majors. It's an obvious progression. why would this be any different? how much difference is there really between a McDonald's straw and a crack pipe?
I had to take up crack just so I could break my straw habit.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 03:49 AM   #50
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidDaMonkey View Post
Ok, to be fair, I did hear that some people were trying to organize a straw night on Wednesday and get all the fans they could to chew on straws during the game. I can see how Stern would want to nip that in the bud rather quickly. You don't want tons of screaming and emotional and drunk (if they can afford the drinks) fans with straws in their mouths.
No offense but that is terrible rationale. Never, not once, not ever have I had a safety issue with a f**king straw. They might as well not sell soft drinks at games if they were worried about the safety of straws.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 04:04 AM   #51
Mavericks Rockets Fan

Mavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to all

Doesn't Stern have anything better to do than worry about @&%#^ straws??!! Caron has been doing it for years and suddenly NOW Stern cares?! He is doing what he can to make sure the Lakers win the West again - that is for sure...

Last edited by Mavericks Rockets Fan; 02-26-2010 at 04:05 AM.
Mavericks Rockets Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 09:16 AM   #52
mavErika
Golden Member

mavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant future

Butler on TNT OT

discussion here: http://www.dallas-mavs.com/vb/showth...20#post1072533
mavErika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 10:24 AM   #53
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

=

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 02-26-2010 at 10:28 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 12:18 PM   #54
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Its just so ridiculous what Stern and Jackson does with the Mavs, all the little things...

Stack get finals suspension for a hard foul, dozens of other players (Rondo etc) not
They forbid Stacks trade because of his comments just because he said what happens all the time in the NBA (now with Z)
Suspending Dirk for a foul against Kiri what was just bad luck

Now the straws...and The King can throw up half a kilo resin before every game, causing allready delay of games etc. And isnt that taunting when he does it in LA/Dallas etc?
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 03:14 PM   #55
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

This Wendy's straw sucks... I can see why Caron doesn't like them.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 03:42 PM   #56
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

i do get the role model angle. Do you want kids choking on straws cause they saw Caron/DeShawn/Dirk doing it? Whether they would be legit or not, i'm sure stern doesn't want any kind of lawsuits about it.

BUT BUT BUT BUT

Caron has been doing this for YEARS. So the only reason it's a big deal now is cause SportsCenter aired like 5 seconds of DeShawn and Dirk with straws, too? pretty ridiculous.
Old 02-26-2010, 04:30 PM   #57
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be honest for most of us . We would call it silly if Kobe or Lebron or some other doucher rival that killed the Mavs did it. So he gets a pass because he's a Mav. My bet is this won't effect him THE LEAST and some whiners on here make more of it than he will or has! Take that to your pipe and bank it.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
got a bit fluffy in here