Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 10-12-2008, 10:02 PM   #241
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

If Dallas has any pride at all they will destroy the Rams next week. They got the goosegg off the board this week, they got over all the new-coach motivation. Now they should be back to realizing how terrible they are.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 10-12-2008 at 10:02 PM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2008, 10:09 PM   #242
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
If Dallas has any pride at all they will destroy the Rams next week. They got the goosegg off the board this week, they got over all the new-coach motivation. Now they should be back to realizing how terrible they are.
Dude, there isn't any doubt they will destroy the Rams. St. Louis flat out got lucky. People say Redskins slept and didn't control the game. They did. There problem was freak plays like a bad snap for a fumble or a tipped ball caught by their guard who then fumbles it for a return TD. Even after all that St. Louis has to pull a hail mary pass out of their ass to set up a field goal. My early prediction: Cowboys 38 - Rams 6

As you can tell, I am pissed off with me Redskins. Not the team overall, but certain DA moves by some DA players.
Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 10:36 PM   #243
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Like a wise man once said, "You can't control what the ball do, it's crazy man."

Recovering fumbles is luck, and you can't count on the bounce of the ball to bail you out every game.
You can't control it but if you react to the ball before everyone else arounds you does than more than likely you'll get it. Cowboys are never there by themselves. The opposing team is there as well. Some of them are luck I agree but the Cowboys recover too many fumbles for me to consider it luck at all times.

Quote:
I don't know. We should've did this after the Deadskins game or even in the Bengals game. Fact is, not to sound cocky as a fan but the Cowboys are so good that they can play bad ball and still be in the game until the clock gets 0:00. And the Cowboys know it. They play like it. They play like they know they can win regardless of how poor they play. Its a gift and a curse. Its great to know that this team is never out of it in games but I think it also sort of prevents this team from ever hitting its peak. I think its going to take the Cowboys to get their asses whooped in order to go out there and destroy a team. I hope it happens next week but they played down to the Bengals and I expect for them to do the same against the Rams. I just hope they pull the win out. Giants are running away with this division. I expect for them to lose in upcoming weeks just because they're the Giants. I wouldn't even rule out a possible Browns win. Especially after the Deadskins loss.

And just like the Bengals, the Rams have a offense. Not as great as the Bengals but I wouldn't sleep on a team with Stephen Jackson, Torry Holt and Marc Bulger.

Last edited by Dtownsfinest; 10-12-2008 at 10:37 PM.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 12:13 AM   #244
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
You can't control it but if you react to the ball before everyone else arounds you does than more than likely you'll get it. Cowboys are never there by themselves. The opposing team is there as well. Some of them are luck I agree but the Cowboys recover too many fumbles for me to consider it luck at all times.

I don't know. We should've did this after the Deadskins game or even in the Bengals game. Fact is, not to sound cocky as a fan but the Cowboys are so good that they can play bad ball and still be in the game until the clock gets 0:00. And the Cowboys know it. They play like it. They play like they know they can win regardless of how poor they play. Its a gift and a curse. Its great to know that this team is never out of it in games but I think it also sort of prevents this team from ever hitting its peak. I think its going to take the Cowboys to get their asses whooped in order to go out there and destroy a team. I hope it happens next week but they played down to the Bengals and I expect for them to do the same against the Rams. I just hope they pull the win out. Giants are running away with this division. I expect for them to lose in upcoming weeks just because they're the Giants. I wouldn't even rule out a possible Browns win. Especially after the Deadskins loss.

And just like the Bengals, the Rams have a offense. Not as great as the Bengals but I wouldn't sleep on a team with Stephen Jackson, Torry Holt and Marc Bulger.
The Rams didn't get an offensive touchdown against the Redskins. Just a matter of not turning the ball over. The Cowboys will do fine; no worries at all.
Old 10-13-2008, 12:19 AM   #245
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah seriously. The Cowboys will freaking destroy the Rams and get some much needed confidence going into the 2 games after that, which I would have to say are in doubt now, the way things are shaking out.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 09:45 AM   #246
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone remember when Aikman, Emmitt, and Irvin lost to a 5-11 Redskins team that was missing most of its starters? We still won the Super Bowl that year!

The sky is not falling...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 10:12 AM   #247
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

The sky is not necessarily falling, I think is a proper description.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 10-13-2008, 10:24 AM   #248
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The sky is not necessarily falling, I think is a proper description.
Ask the Patriots where "perfection" gets you - I'd rather lay a couple eggs and stay humble, especially with the egos we have on this team... The wins don't count until January...

Old 10-13-2008, 10:29 AM   #249
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Let's worry about making the playoffs before we're talking about staying humble helping us in January.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-13-2008, 10:33 AM   #250
Underdog

Quote:
Let's worry about making the playoffs before we're talking about staying humble helping us in January.
I'd worry, but the Redskins lost against the friggin' RAMS!

Every team in the NFC East is going to lay an egg or two this season...

Old 10-13-2008, 10:47 AM   #251
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Just got a Ticket Text Message saying Romo is out up to four weeks with a broken finger.

Awesome.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-13-2008, 10:50 AM   #252
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Are you serious?

What finger? Didn't Kobe just almost win an NBA title and a Gold Medal with a broken finger?

Last edited by Flacolaco; 10-13-2008 at 10:51 AM.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:52 AM   #253
Caseman
Golden Member

If the OL doesn't improve, Brad Johnson is gonna get knocked out. He can't evade every hit like Romo can.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
Are you serious?

What finger? Didn't Kobe just almost win an NBA title and a Gold Medal with a broken finger?
Kobe had a tore ligament in his pinky. Romo has a broken bone.

Last edited by Caseman; 10-13-2008 at 10:53 AM.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:52 AM   #254
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Source: Romo to miss four weeks with broken pinkie

ESPN.com

Updated: October 13, 2008, 11:36 AM ET

Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo has a broken pinkie on his throwing hand and will be out four weeks, a team source told ESPN's Michael Smith.
Romo initially was diagnosed with a pinkie sprain in Sunday's 30-24 overtime loss to the Arizona Cardinals.
Veteran quarterback Brad Johnson, the Cowboys' holder on kicks, is Romo's backup.
The Cowboys have lost two of their last three games after starting the season 3-0.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-13-2008, 10:54 AM   #255
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Is Simms still available?
Old 10-13-2008, 10:55 AM   #256
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Stupid Titans.

NO FUNERAL!
Old 10-13-2008, 10:55 AM   #257
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

I'm going to assume Flac was kidding, because:

A. Kobe's finger wasn't broken

B. Gripping a football without a pinkie is a million times different than shooting a basketball with two fingers taped together.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Last edited by jthig32; 10-13-2008 at 10:55 AM.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:56 AM   #258
Underdog

Quote:
Just got a Ticket Text Message saying Romo is out up to four weeks with a broken finger.

Awesome.

NOW the sky is falling...

Old 10-13-2008, 10:57 AM   #259
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Yeah thig, I remember now that Kobe's finger wasn't actually broken.

Actually, I've broken my left pinkie twice (both hockey related) and it is incredibly annoying.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:58 AM   #260
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Well, next week should still be a win, regardless. *Should be*.

Tampa Bay and @New York after that.....oh my.

Very lucky that the bye is four weeks from now. @Washington after the bye is going to be very, very important.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-13-2008, 11:04 AM   #261
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

DAMN~~~~
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 11:08 AM   #262
Underdog

On the bright side - at least we know why Romo was playing like crap...

I blame Jessica! (though I don't want to know the details of how she broke his pinkie.... or do I?)

Old 10-13-2008, 11:10 AM   #263
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
On the bright side - at least we know why Romo was playing like crap...
Don't think so. Mickey was reporting during the post game last night that Romo hurt his finger on the first play of OT - the fumble.

Sooo...nope, doesn't explain all the fumbling. Just the one.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-13-2008, 11:15 AM   #264
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Romo is so lucky, this stops his turnover streak at 9 games.

We're going 2-1 in the next 3 without Romo.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 11:19 AM   #265
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Somebody else make the GDT next week.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 11:24 AM   #266
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

So anyone know what the status on McBriar and Felix's injuries are? I'm just wondering how much worse it can get.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 11:26 AM   #267
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

^ Injuries happen to everyone--be thankful the bug is hitting the Cowboys in the first half of the season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty
Somebody else make the GDT next week.
I'm going to put my neck on the line and make every GDT during Romo's injury. I believe in this team that much.

Contact Me
Old 10-13-2008, 11:27 AM   #268
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

I'll feel a lot better about the next few games if Felix is available.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-13-2008, 11:32 AM   #269
alby
Guru

I think Roy Williams's (who I hate) and Newman's injuries have hurt us greatly.

Contact Me
Old 10-13-2008, 11:34 AM   #270
alby
Guru

Felix
Mcbriar
Romo
Williams
Newman

are all banged up right now... which sucks

But, as long as they are back and healthy with 4 games left to go in the season... there's no need to worry

Contact Me
Old 10-13-2008, 11:52 AM   #271
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Like Bender would say, "We're so boned."

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 11:53 AM   #272
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
I'm going to put my neck on the line and make every GDT during Romo's injury. I believe in this team that much.
Sounds good to me - Brad Johnson should overcome the odds with a little Alby-love... 4-0 without Romo, baby!!!

Old 10-13-2008, 12:05 PM   #273
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

what this team simplify things and steamroll people...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 12:06 PM   #274
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
wat
Old 10-13-2008, 12:26 PM   #275
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
huh

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 12:56 PM   #276
alby
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
Sounds good to me - Brad Johnson should overcome the odds with a little Alby-love... 4-0 without Romo, baby!!!
4 weeks = 3 games + bye week

good timing?

Contact Me
Old 10-13-2008, 12:57 PM   #277
alby
Guru

Quote:
come again?

Contact Me
Old 10-13-2008, 01:11 PM   #278
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

So the oline did get the qb killed.

And the punter.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 10-14-2008 at 10:22 AM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 02:32 PM   #279
Underdog

Default timber!

Adam Jones Suspended
Corner Will Sit At Least Four Games

link

IRVING, Texas - Add Adam "Pacman" Jones to the list of idle Cowboys players.

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has suspended the embattled cornerback for at least the next four games without pay following a week-long investigation of Jones' altercation last week with his bodyguard at a downtown Dallas hotel.

Goodell, in a letter to Jones, said he would readdress the issue following the Cowboys' Nov. 16 game at Washington, the fourth of this tentative four-game suspension. Goodell previously had expressed disappointment over having to answer further questions about Jones following last week's incident.

In the suspension letter Jones received on Tuesday, Goodell called this "a disturbing pattern of behavior and clearly inconsistent with the conditions I set for your continued participation in the NFL."

In a statement released by the Cowboys, team owner Jerry Jones said, "We respect and support the decision of the commissioner. I regret that this issue has brought negative attention to the Cowboys and the NFL. We move forward with a very clear knowledge as to what the process will be for a possible re-instatement. Adam is well aware of where he stands and what he has to do."

The Cowboys chose not to discipline Jones last week after their investigation concluded that he and bodyguard Tommy Jones took "friendly banter" a bit too far in the hotel lobby's bathroom, according to Jerry Jones. Police reports said a glass light fixture was broken, but no arrests were made and no charges were filed.

Jerry Jones and the team has asked Adam Jones to keep a low profile in public due to the "reservoir of doubt" he has created through repeated violations of the NFL's personal conduct policy.

"He has created with his actions no benefit of the doubt," Jerry Jones said last week. "We knew, not from the standpoint of protecting him physically, we knew that if he did go out in public that it was important - because he had no benefit of the doubt left - that it was important that if he got in an awkward situation, which can happen by notable people, that they be there to protect that as well."

Jones' involvement in a Las Vegas brawl on Feb. 19, 2007, along with several previous run-ins with police, led to his one-year suspension while a member of the Tennessee Titans. On draft weekend this past April, the Cowboys traded a fourth-round pick for Jones and signed him to a revised three-year contract with a player option for a fourth.

The league granted Jones partial reinstatement (training camp, preseason) in June and full reinstatement for the regular season in late August. Through six games, he has 27 tackles and a team-high 11 pass deflections.

Although Jones' contract carries minimal financial risk, the Cowboys have relied on him as Terence Newman's replacement at left cornerback. With Newman expected to miss at least another three weeks following abdominal surgery, rookies Mike Jenkins and Orlando Scandrick will now be forced into significant playing time during Jones' suspension. And if the defense continues moving Anthony Henry inside in the dime package, second-year veteran Alan Ball would have to serve as the fourth corner.

Jones' suspension means the injury-plagued Cowboys must do without yet another key player. Quarterback Tony Romo could miss a month with a fractured pinkie finger on his throwing hand, punter Mat McBriar is out six-to-eight weeks with a fractured foot and rookie running back Felix Jones could miss at least two games with a hamstring injury.

Old 10-14-2008, 02:47 PM   #280
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not crying...

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote