Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 08-03-2004, 08:36 AM   #1
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Troy Hudson says he'd try other teams

Hudson says he'd try other teams

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Point guard, Wolves tangling over contract

By Ray Richardson
Knight Ridder Newspapers

ST. PAUL - Frustrated by the lack of progress in finalizing his contract with the Minnesota Timberwolves, Troy Hudson said he's close to asking his agent, Bill Neff, to contact other NBA teams.

Hudson, a free agent after last season, said he might make that decision if no agreement is reached by the end of the week.

"I'm getting a little irritated," he said Monday. "I really want to be in a stable situation. I want to find out where I'm going to be for the season."

On July 14, Hudson said he and the Wolves had agreed in principle on a six-year contract that will pay him a first-year salary of $5.1 million including incentives. Since that date, the backup point guard has had difficulty getting formal approval of the contract from Wolves attorneys and the NBA office.

Wolves owner Glen Taylor declined to comment on Hudson's stalemate Monday. Wolves vice president Kevin McHale and coach Flip Saunders were unavailable for comment.

Hudson reiterated that he wants to sign with the Wolves. Several teams, including Miami, Utah, Houston and Toronto, expressed interest in Hudson before he told Taylor he wanted to stay with the club and share point guard duties with Sam Cassell.

Hudson said language in the contract "keeps changing," an indication that the two sides are still trying to agree on how to address Hudson's injury situation. Hudson missed 52 games last season with a badly sprained right ankle and underwent surgery in April. He's not expected to be at full strength until mid-September.

Neff said he plans to submit a new proposal to Taylor and the league office today, and that he hopes to follow it up by talking with Taylor. Taylor and Wolves attorney Greg Jackson are handling Hudson's negotiations with Neff.

"I have the same frustration as Troy," Neff said. "I think we'll be able to get this done by the end of the week."
Old 08-03-2004, 10:42 AM   #2
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Troy Hudson and TWolves tussling over contract

Hudson will make some team better if he cant work things out with minny

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 12:27 PM   #3
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Troy Hudson and TWolves tussling over contract

Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
Hudson will make some team better if he cant work things out with minny
Hopefully the Heat

Old 08-03-2004, 02:04 PM   #4
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Troy Hudson and TWolves tussling over contract

I hope he does leave. But I'm torn between him and Hassell. Minny is probably going to lose one of them. And I would much rather them lose defense than offense.

(But then again with Cassell's age and back problems, if Minny doesn't have a backup they could be in real trouble.)
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 07:11 PM   #5
fin4life

fin4life is on a distinguished road

I think that atlanta will give him a pretty good contract if he is looking for money. I wouldnt be suprosed if that is how they replace terry.
fin4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 06:46 AM   #6
poohrichardson

poohrichardson is on a distinguished road

Minnesota has JUST enough money to afford Hudson now that Hassell re-signed. I think they should honor the offer they made and get the deal done. Minnesota is going to be a deep team with the chance to win the title every year if they keep the same nucleus of players around; all they have to do is finalize Hudson's contract.
poohrichardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 04:52 PM   #7
fin4life

Quote:
Originally posted by: fin4life
I think that atlanta will give him a pretty good contract if he is looking for money. I wouldnt be suprosed if that is how they replace terry.
News from realgm.com say that this might happen. They say that atlanta is now the frontrunner for him because minny wont give give what he wants.
Old 08-09-2004, 07:35 PM   #8
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Quote:
News from realgm.com say that this might happen. They say that atlanta is now the frontrunner for him because minny wont give give what he wants.
I cant say I agree with that at all...

Hudson agrees to contract with Minny

Posted on Mon, Aug. 09, 2004

Timberwolves, Hudson settle contract differences

Deal could be signed today

BY CHARLIE WALTERS

Pioneer Press

The Timberwolves and free agent point guard Troy Hudson have agreed to a six-year contract worth $37 million. The deal could be signed as early as Monday.

The sides previously agreed in principal on a contract July 14, but the deal never received formal approval from the NBA and Wolves attorneys. Last week, Hudson told the Pioneer Press he was frustrated by the stalemate and was thinking about looking elsewhere.

Hudson missed 52 games last season with a badly sprained right ankle and underwent surgery in April. He's not expected to be at full strength until mid-September but will be expected to share time with starter Sam Cassell as the Wolves try to improve on last season's run to the Western Conference finals.

He had his best season in 2002-03, when he played in 79 games and averaged 14.2 points and 5.7 assists after signing a free agent deal with the Wolves.
Old 08-09-2004, 07:40 PM   #9
fin4life

Quote:
Quote:
I guess i was wrong about that one, the article made it sound like they werent close to reaching an agreement