Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 10-09-2005, 10:39 AM   #1
Azn_Baller101

Azn_Baller101 is on a distinguished road
Default Magette

According to realgm Corey Magette is being shopped by the clips.
Opinions?
Azn_Baller101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2005, 03:06 PM   #2
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice
Default RE:Magette

I love maggette. He gets to the hoop and is a very explosive player. Unless the Clips come away with Bryant or Pierce there is no way they trade Maggette. I just don't see it, unless a contract extension is a factor.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 12:04 AM   #3
snoop

snoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the rough

outside of Dirk, J-ho, or harris let them shop our roster

I think Stackhouse and Quis works in a trade checker. Gives the clips a young with upside and a expiring contract.
Old 10-11-2005, 12:22 AM   #4
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Magette

Maggette is overrated with the Clippers because he doesnt really get them results but I could see him strive in a different system. I'm just praying it isnt in Phoenix because the guy is a human alleyoop.

If you can trade Stackhouse or a combination, youd have to go for it. Even Cuban would have to think about a guy who is that talented, secured until 08/09, earning only 6.7mill this year and 8.4 his last.

Stack is earning 7.5 this year and 8 his next.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 01:36 AM   #5
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

he is stack but younger

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 11:21 AM   #6
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

He is stack but taller, younger, bigger, more athletic, and a better shooter. If you could get him without any of dirk, josh, and devin, you do it in a heartbeat. Would a package of stack and benga be enough to get it done? doubtful but you would have to pull the trigger on any trade not including dirk, devin, and josh. If you could get him for Josh and very little else you would do that too but we dont have any salary to match it up that I would want to give up. Maggette isnt much older than josh and is better.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 11:58 AM   #7
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Magette

Quote:
He is stack but taller, younger, bigger, more athletic, and a better shooter.
Except that he isn't taller, and only 7 lbs "bigger". You still get him if you can because he is nearly 5 years younger, but this would be primarily a lateral move, and no where near the "slam dunk" some of you are insinuating, IMO.

#50. Corey Maggette
Height: 6' 6"
Weight: 225 lbs.
Position: Small Forward

#42. Jerry Stackhouse
Height: 6' 6"
Weight: 218 lbs.
Position: Shooting Guard / Small Forward

MPG FG% FT% 3PT% RPG APG SPG BPG PPG
CAREER 36.3 41.2 81.3 30.3 3.8 4.0 1.1 0.6 20.8
CAREER 27.7 44.7 82.0 32.5 4.8 2.0 0.7 0.2 14.8

Career stats seem to be amazingly similar.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 12:07 PM   #8
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Maggette looks like he weighs a good deal more than 225. I also thought that he was taller. I thought he was 6-7 and stack was 6-5. He is taller than stack when you see them on the court at the same time. I think that if he played on a better team he would be a star. Stack when he was younger was a beast though so lets not act like getting stack of several years ago wouldnt be a huge improvement. Maggette also shoots better than stack ever has. This is not to knock stack but Maggette is a player that I have liked for a while. Then again if he was that great, he should get the clippers into the playoffs because they have talent. Then again, they are the clippers and they just dont make the playoffs.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote