Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 12-23-2005, 05:26 PM   #1
ddh33
Platinum Member

ddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant future
Default Chris Bosh

There has been a lot of talk recently about bringing in another player to help take this team to the next level. Guys like Ron Artest and Paul Pierce are good to great players who may be available. But I wonder if the Mavs have someone else in mind and want to save their assets for him?

Chris Bosh was drafted in that same fantastic draft class that also featured our very own Josh Howard and Marquis Daniels. Like most of those players, we are getting much closer to that point where teams and players have to make a long-term committment to one another. Does anyone really think that Bosh is going to commit to that franchise? Wouldn't it be nice if he could come back home to Dallas?

Obviously, any kind of deal is probably a ways off still. I can't imagine Toronto even thinking about dealing him until this summer. But if they did, wouldn't you want to have the ammuniton to make a deal happen? I wonder if the Mavs are wary of giving away players - especially young players with potential for someone like Artest when you might want those young players to get you someone you like even better?

We know that Donnie loves Bosh. He's said so. When everyone was talking about the Big Three of Lebron, Darko, and Carmelo, Donnie was saying that they should call it the Big Four and throw Chris Bosh's name in there...

I know that neither Bosh nor Dirk are classical centers, but I get giddy thinking about how they would look together on the floor!
ddh33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-2005, 05:54 PM   #2
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Where would you play him, at the 3? I like having centers who can take up space and block shots. I actually think he could play the 3.

He's the only thing that pitiful franchise has going for itself. I can't imagine we'd have enough this summer to get him.

For instance if I'm Babcock (although he may not be there by the time the FA period rolls around), I don't trade Bosh for Devin, Josh and a #1 which is about the best we could do.

Last edited by dirno2000; 12-23-2005 at 05:58 PM.
dirno2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 06:02 PM   #3
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

^^^ I'd keep the point guard if I'm Dallas...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 08:48 PM   #4
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

I was the first to suggest that we could go after Bosh, and maybe play him at center, and I was given lots of bad rep....
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 01:57 AM   #5
ddh33
Platinum Member

ddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant future

Yeah, I was thinking athletic center too.

Of course, that means you have to have big centers available to play off the bench when called on. If DJ or Pavel could ever develop, that would help. Diop was round out more.

Who knows, maybe this Mavs team sorts itself out in such a way that he isn't needed at all?
ddh33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 08:59 AM   #6
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Damn.. our team is 18-7.. we don't need anybody right now.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote