Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 08-06-2009, 08:43 AM   #1961
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think anyone will remember his last superhero role. I've already forgotten which movie he was in..
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2009, 09:05 AM   #1962
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

plus his last character was marvel. And in a sucky movie.
Old 08-06-2009, 09:17 AM   #1963
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux View Post
plus his last character was marvel. And in a sucky movie.
they are going to do a deadpool movie. and deadpool is one of the cooler comic book characters out there. Not as cool as gl but still.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 12:17 PM   #1964
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan View Post
watched green lantern first flight on youtube yesterday. If you watch any of the dc cartoon movies its pretty good.

edit- this is the link if you wanna watch it. Itll probably get taken down soon so if you wanna watch it, do it now. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRp1nPahA_c
good movie, but one thing is going to bother me for a long time. One of the supposedly wisest beings in the universe said that they'd learned that evil can come from the most unexpected places. The badguy's name is Sinestro! As in, "Sinister!" And he's red like the devil. How could you not see that one coming?
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 02:02 PM   #1965
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
they are going to do a deadpool movie. and deadpool is one of the cooler comic book characters out there. Not as cool as gl but still.
cool character, but they butchered him in wolverine. If they start over fresh, it may be good. who knows.
Old 08-06-2009, 02:21 PM   #1966
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
cool character, but they butchered him in wolverine. If they start over fresh, it may be good. who knows.
Ryan Reynolds is a big fan of of the comics and said they're pretty much ignoring 'Wolverine' when they make the Deadpool movie...

(which doesn't surprise me, considering how convoluted the X-Men movie plots have become...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 08-06-2009 at 02:22 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 09:25 AM   #1967
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

good good good. Cause i actually think he was great casting for deadpool. He has the humor and the build.
Old 08-07-2009, 09:38 AM   #1968
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
good good good. Cause i actually think he was great casting for deadpool. He has the humor and the build.
Yeah, he was definitely one of the better aspects of that movie...

'Wolverine' would have been better served if they had focused on fleshing out just a few characters (Sabertooth, Deadpool, SilverFox, Stryker, Gambit) instead of trying to cram in every character who didn't get screentime in previous movies...

Last edited by Underdog; 08-07-2009 at 09:39 AM.
Old 08-07-2009, 11:16 AM   #1969
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

Band of Brothers - I have no idea how many times this found its way into my DVD player.
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 01:14 AM   #1970
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Yeah, he was definitely one of the better aspects of that movie...

'Wolverine' would have been better served if they had focused on fleshing out just a few characters (Sabertooth, Deadpool, SilverFox, Stryker, Gambit) instead of trying to cram in every character who didn't get screentime in previous movies...
They could have even left out Gambit (who really doesn't have a connection to Logan like the others) and made it strictly about his little pre-weapon X group.
Old 08-08-2009, 07:26 AM   #1971
Underdog

Quote:
They could have even left out Gambit (who really doesn't have a connection to Logan like the others) and made it strictly about his little pre-weapon X group.
Plot-wise, I totally agree, but business-wise, Gambit was another Origins movie waiting to happen...

But, yeah - it would have been better if they'd stuck with the whole Weapon X Program storyline (Sabertooth, Silver Fox, Mastadon, Maverick/Agent Zero, Wraith, and Omega Red instead of that stupid Weapon XI guy)... They should have kept folks like The Blob, Gambit & Cyclopes out of the mix until a later movie...

Honestly, I think The Blob & Gambit were way-overdue to make an appearance and that's why they were added (of course, it took until X3 to get Beast & Angel in the movies, and they've been around since X-Men #1 so whatever!)

Last edited by Underdog; 08-08-2009 at 07:27 AM.
Old 08-08-2009, 05:03 PM   #1972
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

i understand why they added Gambit. He's insanely popular. just didn't fit plot-wise.
Old 08-10-2009, 12:19 AM   #1973
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I finally saw The Hangover, recently.

Not bad. Not great. But not bad, certainly. The scene where the little guy goes into the bathroom and sees the tiger for the first time was just pure greatness.

And the counting card thing I was disappointed by. I thought for sure that gay little montage was going to end with them losing all of that money. That would have been funnier, for sure.

p.s. Heather Graham has still got it, and then some. I'm not talking about talent.
Old 08-10-2009, 12:27 AM   #1974
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

The Hangover is great.
Old 08-10-2009, 12:52 AM   #1975
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Before seeing the Hangover, someone said it was as good as old school. It's not. But it's still funny. And i did find myself quoting a few lines with my brother.

but there's no vince vaughn type character who kills every single one of his lines. Bearded guy had a few good lines, but that was really it.
Old 08-10-2009, 07:24 AM   #1976
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Before seeing the Hangover, someone said it was as good as old school. It's not. But it's still funny. And i did find myself quoting a few lines with my brother.

but there's no vince vaughn type character who kills every single one of his lines. Bearded guy had a few good lines, but that was really it.
see i didnt think old school was very good.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 11:12 AM   #1977
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Paul Blart. Mall Cop.

Awesome.

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 11:51 AM   #1978
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Watchmen=Snooze....I have never been so bored watching a comic book movie.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 07:51 PM   #1979
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

G.I. Joe- not that bad. Most people left the theatre saying it was better than they expected. Surprisingly to most but not me, Marlon Wayans was the best part of the movie. The effects/action scenes could've been better. Some of the casting could've been better. Rachel Nichols is smoking hot. So is Sienna Miller.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 02:26 PM   #1980
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

District 9 - My take is that it does have SOME very weak action sequences pertaining to how it is written (if that makes sense) but, overall it is a very good sci-fi film. It could definitely be a start to something huge. Of course I thought that about "Unbreakable" and I was totally wrong on that one.
Old 08-15-2009, 02:35 PM   #1981
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
see i didnt think old school was very good.
Are you gay? ARE YOU GAY?
Old 08-15-2009, 06:09 PM   #1982
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

Old School is definitely the latest bar for quotable comedies, but The Hangver is extremely close in that category. That really isn't the greatness of the movie, imo... The movie is just a flat out guy movie and if you didn't like The Hangover or worse, you didn't like Old School, you are gay!
Old 08-15-2009, 06:21 PM   #1983
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Thoroughly enjoyed District 9. Quality.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 10:23 AM   #1984
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Since it's a movie I posted it here....I'm watching an IFC film called "The Year of the Yao". Really pretty interesting to see how much harder it is for foreign players who don't speak the language to come over to the NBA. Just trying to understand the basketball terminology in english looks pretty tough just in practice.

Trying to figure out what in the world his teammates were joking about. Listening to Charles Barkley saying that Yao cannot play and then kissing "kenney smiths ass (a donkey)". A really humble hard working dude, I've always liked the dude but gained some more respect after that film.

His mom and pop are huge also.

Looking at him the first year it appears that he's really made a mistake putting on so much weight and playing in the post. In his first year he was much,much more agile and quick. It appears that he's put on 40-50 pounds since then.

I've always wondered if the dirkster should put on more weight, but watching yao then versus now, I think Holger is a lot smarter than the rest of the nba in that respect. The dirkster easily could be sitting around with the same injuries if he'd gone that rout.

Addendum: They highlighted the first lakers/rockets game with shaquille playing. I've never wished much for the rockets but it was really great to see him take down shaq's big fat-ass mouth. Good stuff.

Last edited by dude1394; 08-16-2009 at 10:32 AM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 01:33 PM   #1985
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

the old Pelham One Two Three.
Coulda been great, but was boring. Maybe a function of the development of movie making, but it was slow, the climax was just flat, and the ending was much more predictable than clever.
Old 08-17-2009, 04:47 PM   #1986
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I managed an afternoon showing of D9 today. I thought it was excellent, especially based on the budget. You really can't do more these days with 30 mil then that movie did. Blomkomp is definitely the next great action directer. I was really surprised at how well that movie was directed and edited. Combine that with decent acting and a decent plot, how could one not like it?

I give it an A.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 03:21 AM   #1987
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

inglourious basterds is amazing. Go see it. you won't be disappointed.

District 9 on the other hand.... meh. You might like it you might not.
Old 08-30-2009, 04:19 PM   #1988
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

I just watched for the first time, The Express, a movie based on the life of Ernie Davis. I must say I was very impressed with this very entertaining movie based on the life Ernie Davis, the first black man to win the Heisman Trophy. I can also say it was disturbing in the fact that it made me think about how our country was back in the 50's and 60's. Think about how human beings can treat one another in such despicable ways.

I grew up as a military brat, and had never really even considered that there was any difference between a black man and a white man until in 1964 (my dad was stationed at 5th army headquarters in Chiacgo) when we lived at Fort Sheridan, Ill right outside Highland Park, Ill. We invited my best friend (Mike) who happened to be black to go out with us to get pizza for lunch. When we arrived (we were with my parents) we were told that Mike would not be allowed to dine with us. I was totally shocked and after my father had to pull me back from the owner of the pizza joint, we left and I could not believe what had just happened.

The Express, brought back such angry feelings and feelings of just how hurtful and spiteful people can be. I almost cried when I watched the bigotry being displayed on the screen. I sometimes wonder just how can our society, our country, our world be so hateful.

I am probably posting this in the wrong thread, but I just want you all to know, I don't care what color, what religion, what political party you belong too, or your age, just know I respect and love you all.

We are the Dallas-Mav. com forum and we are family. We might not agree with our fellow members on very much, but just remember we must respect each other. I am not sure how I got on this, I really just wanted to let you know how good a movie The Express is and to watch it if you get a chance.

Last edited by left texas; 08-30-2009 at 04:20 PM.
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 07:10 PM   #1989
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Last night I bought "Planet Earth" on bluray.... I'm 30 minutes into it and it's already worth the money. Amazing.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 09:15 PM   #1990
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by left texas View Post
I just watched for the first time, The Express, a movie based on the life of Ernie Davis. I must say I was very impressed with this very entertaining movie based on the life Ernie Davis, the first black man to win the Heisman Trophy. I can also say it was disturbing in the fact that it made me think about how our country was back in the 50's and 60's. Think about how human beings can treat one another in such despicable ways.

I grew up as a military brat, and had never really even considered that there was any difference between a black man and a white man until in 1964 (my dad was stationed at 5th army headquarters in Chiacgo) when we lived at Fort Sheridan, Ill right outside Highland Park, Ill. We invited my best friend (Mike) who happened to be black to go out with us to get pizza for lunch. When we arrived (we were with my parents) we were told that Mike would not be allowed to dine with us. I was totally shocked and after my father had to pull me back from the owner of the pizza joint, we left and I could not believe what had just happened.

The Express, brought back such angry feelings and feelings of just how hurtful and spiteful people can be. I almost cried when I watched the bigotry being displayed on the screen. I sometimes wonder just how can our society, our country, our world be so hateful.

I am probably posting this in the wrong thread, but I just want you all to know, I don't care what color, what religion, what political party you belong too, or your age, just know I respect and love you all.

We are the Dallas-Mav. com forum and we are family. We might not agree with our fellow members on very much, but just remember we must respect each other. I am not sure how I got on this, I really just wanted to let you know how good a movie The Express is and to watch it if you get a chance.
You're old.
Old 08-30-2009, 11:07 PM   #1991
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
Last night I bought "Planet Earth" on bluray.... I'm 30 minutes into it and it's already worth the money. Amazing.
so good that 30 minutes into it and you are already wandering off to unrelated bulletin boards?
Old 08-30-2009, 11:54 PM   #1992
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
That's quality. Though....I wish they'd make more. I've seen them on the Discovery channel too many times now. I need more amazing HD footage.

Still, it makes you appreciate what an oddity the Earth is. In this little sliver of time, in this tiny instant of the course of the universe, with the earth being between major planetary events and being the exact right distance from the Sun, a mere 500 million years away from the Suns luminosity killing everything on the planet... It's a beautiful, crazy, and for all we know, unique thing. The Discovery channel and BBC did an amazing job conveying the awesomeness of this fleeting creation.
Old 08-31-2009, 12:05 AM   #1993
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin View Post
so good that 30 minutes into it and you are already wandering off to unrelated bulletin boards?
My laptop was on my lap. I'm planning on watching it plenty of times and its perfect background images/tv.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 03:09 AM   #1994
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
You're old.
Yep, and you will be one day, also!
Old 08-31-2009, 07:59 AM   #1995
Murphy3
Guru

I hope so....

But that was a good story that you told. Could you tell it again?
Old 08-31-2009, 01:04 PM   #1996
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
That's quality. Though....I wish they'd make more. I've seen them on the Discovery channel too many times now. I need more amazing HD footage.

Still, it makes you appreciate what an oddity the Earth is. In this little sliver of time, in this tiny instant of the course of the universe, with the earth being between major planetary events and being the exact right distance from the Sun, a mere 500 million years away from the Suns luminosity killing everything on the planet... It's a beautiful, crazy, and for all we know, unique thing. The Discovery channel and BBC did an amazing job conveying the awesomeness of this fleeting creation.
I'm not to religious, but that's a pretty good indication of a higher power, IMO...
Old 08-31-2009, 02:01 PM   #1997
left texas
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
I hope so....

But that was a good story that you told. Could you tell it again?
What story?
Old 08-31-2009, 02:02 PM   #1998
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Lady in the Water. Gets better and better upon each watching.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 10:13 PM   #1999
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

My last two movies were "Taking Woodstock"and "In the Loop".

Thumbs up to both of them.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 10:35 PM   #2000
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Final Destination 3-D

Hee-larious. Recommended. The 3-D was pretty well done, also.

Tags
annoying thread title, cadfail goes to work, flash fluff warning, got a bit fluffy in here, inception geeks..., stupidgookisstupid, what the fluff?