Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 02-08-2002, 08:59 AM   #1
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

Hoopsmeister has a spectacular aura aboutHoopsmeister has a spectacular aura about

from ESPN

Shaq has been placed on the injured list. Last night's game against Chicago will count against his five game minimum. Then after All-Star weekend he will miss games against Washington, Seattle, Atlanta, and Portland.
Corollary #1: If you put the ball through the hoop more than the other guy, you win.
Corollary #2: If you can't do that, get off the floor.
Hoopsmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2002, 09:17 AM   #2
LAC-HocusPocus
Banned

LAC-HocusPocus is on a distinguished road

P. Jackson feels that is a weak part of their schedule and they can afford to play without Shaq. Atleast that is what I read, I think that's a good oppurtunity for the Mavs to go further ahead of the Lakers. They are not real good without Shaq and if the Mavs keep winning I think they got a good chance to keep their #2 spot. Go Mavs
LAC-HocusPocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2002, 11:10 AM   #3
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

All the Mavs have to do to secure the #2 spot in the playoff is win the Midwest division. It wouldn't matter if 5 teams from the Pacific have a better record than the Midwest winner - the Midwest team is the #2 seed.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2002, 12:17 PM   #4
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

I could be wrong about this but.........

What if the Mavs win the Midwest but have a worse record than the Lakers. Will the Lakers have home court because of their record? Or will we have home court?

(I believe the Lakers will but not quite sure.)

Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2002, 12:27 PM   #5
Mavinator
Golden Member

Mavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the rough

If the Mavericks take the midwest title and the second seed in the playoffs, and the lakers have a better record but fall behind the Kings to the third seed, then the Mavs would have homecourt advantage against them in the second round.
Old 02-08-2002, 12:36 PM   #6
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

exactly mavinator..and the midwest is looking better and better for the mavs..with the spurs losing again
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2002, 03:35 PM   #7
Rod1975
Golden Member

Rod1975 is on a distinguished road

Shaq's only goin' on the injured list so he does'nt have to play in the all-star game. And the coaches obliged him because it's a weak week.

What an ego....there's gratitude for ya.....hey everybody, I don't care that you voted me as a starter in the all-star game, cuz I don't have to play if I don't want to!

He should rename himself "The Big Flake"
Old 02-08-2002, 03:42 PM   #8
Rod1975
Golden Member

Oh and Vince Carter just came up lame injuring his "quadracep tendon".

Coincidence? The all-star game is the very next game he has to play in....

Once again...what an ego....thanks every one for giving me the most all-star votes, but I'm not playing cuz I needs to get my vacation on......
Old 02-08-2002, 04:04 PM   #9
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

Hoopsmeister has a spectacular aura aboutHoopsmeister has a spectacular aura about

Actually, I'm pretty sure that is incorrect guys. Winning the division determines seeding but home court in any series is determined strictly on record.
Corollary #1: If you put the ball through the hoop more than the other guy, you win.
Old 02-08-2002, 04:07 PM   #10
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

<< Oh and Vince Carter just came up lame injuring his &quot;quadracep tendon&quot;. >>

I was watching the Raptor game and I'm pretty sure that was a genuine injury. If it wasn't he did a lot worse than screw the fans for the all-Star game because he left his team, already decimated by injuries, in the middle of a very tight game and was taken straight to the hospital.
Old 02-08-2002, 04:23 PM   #11
LAC-HocusPocus
Banned

Yea Rod, the guy was seriously injured and was taken to an nearby hospital. I don't think it's right for you to assume stuff like that, Carter seems like the type that would love playing in the AllStar game year in and year out. All guys aren't what you think they are man. VC is a nice guy man, and I think it's unfortunate that he will probably not be able to play in the AllStar game. Don't assume things just to be doing it, especially in this case. Thank You
Old 02-08-2002, 10:47 PM   #12
Platinum Member

#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light

You really can't tell if Vince wants to play, I would never say he wouldn't like to, cause I don't know.

Shaq doesn't care about it, he sucks... ( who will start, not play, for him at the 5 spot?) I hope not Brand, he's great, but Dirk should play on the 4 and Tim Duncan move to 5.

Damn! I can't watch the AllStar game [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2002, 12:04 AM   #13
LAC-HocusPocus
Banned

How do you know he isn't injured Rod? Why did he leave in the 2nd quarter? Why did he leave his teammates? Why not just come up with some freak accident in the last seconds of the game? Why man? You think you know everything, I never said I was good buddies with him. I have met him before, I will say that. Who knows and cares about him defending his title? Who does he have to compete with for an NBA Slam Dunk Championship? Noone, VC is the best dunker in the league and maybe he didn't defend it is because he knows there's no comp. If the elite players don't like playing in the game then why is MJ playing? He has been to quite a few games, why is Duncan, Garnett, Francis, Kidd, Kobe all these guys playing? Why is Nash, Dirk playing? If the so called elite players don't like playing in the game then why are they playing? I thought so, you have no answer do you? Didn't think you did, VC was the leading vote getter, I am damn sure he wouldn't disappoint his fans by some lame injury man. You got some nerve to even assume he would man, if you DO NOT know for sure, do not assume and make yourself look foolish. That's not to your directly, that's to any and everyone.
Old 02-09-2002, 04:26 AM   #14
Rod1975
Golden Member

<< VC is a nice guy man >>

Now you're buddies with Vince Carter?

Since you're such close friends with him, ask him why he did'nt defend his slam dunk title....it's for the same reason he feigned the injury last night. Money.

He still gets paid for the all-star game even if he does'nt play.

I did'nt just come into this town from the cotton fields, so-called elite NBA players hate playing in the all-star game it's no secret.