Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 10-09-2012, 03:32 PM   #41
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

FC B why call a high pick and roll to a non shooter.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2012, 03:34 PM   #42
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Marion with the strong take.
Old 10-09-2012, 03:46 PM   #43
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

No Dirk, 2nd game as a new team against a good team = Expected result.
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:00 PM   #44
TNT

TNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to all

Dallas, You can't underestimate Fc Barcelona.
Embarassing how Dallas is playing. No defense at all and offense looks like there are 5 individuals on the floor who just want to score not to win.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:03 PM   #45
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Good PASS by Kaman. He needs to pass way more often and not shoot everytime.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:06 PM   #46
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT View Post
Dallas, You can't underestimate Fc Barcelona.
Embarassing how Dallas is playing. No defense at all and offense looks like there are 5 individuals on the floor who just want to score not to win.
I think you need to chillax a bit. And I want you to know how angry I am that you just made me say "chillax."

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:14 PM   #47
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

So does anyone want to actually give a recap/boxscore/etc for those that couldn't watch it?
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:16 PM   #48
Kante
Diamond Member

Pfff... way too many whistles.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:19 PM   #49
Kante
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
So does anyone want to actually give a recap/boxscore/etc for those that couldn't watch it?
No Dirk first of all. First halt was ok but the second started with less energy and Barca got a 18-point lead. Dallas cut it down to 7 at times with the bench on + Kaman and full-court trap them.

Mayo so far with a few good passes but nothing else on offense, Kaman was good but shot a bit too much i think. The team also missed 11 FT's.

Many turnovers it seems, but expected for a new team. They also look a bit disorganized on offense at times. But because it's preseason i think that's normal.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:19 PM   #50
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

they are still playing
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:23 PM   #51
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

mayo sucks. So far.
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:38 PM   #52
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Somwhere in here, maybe. Have to check for myself

http://www.fcbarcelona.com/basketball
Old 10-09-2012, 04:46 PM   #53
MavsFTR
Golden Member

MavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud of

Mayo bringing it with a whole 1 point.
MavsFTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:04 PM   #54
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanDunk View Post
Somwhere in here, maybe. Have to check for myself

http://www.fcbarcelona.com/basketball
I saw about 5 minutes early 2nd half. So I got to see the starting 5 minus Dirk. For a preseason game, they were going at a quick pace. The ball moved around the perimeter, but died a couple times in OJ's hands, uncertain what to do, so he chucked it from 25 feet once. The starting 5 are all able passers. OJ did have a nice one coming left wing full speed got in the air and wrapped a pass around a defender to Kaman. OJ's problem, he's over thinking, rather then playing basketball. Marion looks in midseason form. I think going into the season attacking the cup will be one of our strengths. Being aggressive rather than tentative might be our downfall. I think Collison, Mayo are able scorers.
Old 10-09-2012, 05:17 PM   #55
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Good thing the mavs weren't playing an nba team.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:23 PM   #56
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Of all the players that I want to succeed this year and of all the guys that need to be great-- Mayo tops the list. So far, though, he's really miffing it.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:33 PM   #57
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Mayo man.... what was that?

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:53 PM   #58
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Good thing the mavs weren't playing an nba team.
Barca could be a playoff team in the NBA (in the East for sure). One of the best european team of all-time. I was sure we were gonna lose even before i knew Dirk wasn't gonna play. They're like a swiss watch, and we need months to get the chemistry level up. I fully expect a very slow start, we're gonna stumble around 50% in the first 20-25 games going into the season imo. I hope i'm wrong of course, and we can figure it out a little earlier.

Last edited by Budapest Maverick; 10-09-2012 at 05:54 PM.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:04 PM   #59
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budapest Maverick View Post
Barca could be a playoff team in the NBA (in the East for sure). One of the best european team of all-time. I was sure we were gonna lose even before i knew Dirk wasn't gonna play. They're like a swiss watch, and we need months to get the chemistry level up. I fully expect a very slow start, we're gonna stumble around 50% in the first 20-25 games going into the season imo. I hope i'm wrong of course, and we can figure it out a little earlier.
That's about my estimation. They have a decent team by NBA talent standards and they've been working together for a while. This team has had about a week to work in a bunch of new guys. Dirk was just icing on the cake for Spain.

I honestly think we'll start out 19-23, but end 45-37.
Old 10-09-2012, 06:07 PM   #60
vinylstar

vinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud of

Dirk talking about the knee live on NBAtv right now.

He does not look happy...you could even say he looks a little worried.
vinylstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:24 PM   #61
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

they say it's fluid on the knee. That can be anywhere from just a sigh and one missed game to a symptom of something that could end a career.
Old 10-09-2012, 07:22 PM   #62
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

Quote:
Here is the ESPN recap/boxscore

What I saw from the 1st half
The most important parts
Collison is really really bad at passing in PnR and post entry. Kaman had excellent position on a small defender and Collison threw the ball over his head and he wasn't being pressured. Another instances he threw a bounce pass to Kaman just below his knee in a PnR. It just really weird that he struggles in that aspect of the game seeing as though he played with David West, Roy Hibbert, and Emeka Okafor. It's not like he was stuck with Haywood.

Mayo seems overwhelmed and out of sorts. Trying too hard to please?

Jared played and so did Dahntay Jones.

Dojo continues to push forward but with each pro level game it becomes clearer and clearer that he just doesn't have athleticism to be in the NBA. I don't think he can even be a Jacques Vaughn type of PG.

Brand was a beast offensively in the 1st half.
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:07 PM   #63
Cerberus

Cerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to behold

I don't think there were any plays called for Mayo, so it seemed he tried to force his shots. Would've like to see some Mayo/Dirk pick and pop, but that will have to wait. Not worried from this loss, loved the intensity in the first half of the 4th Q to bring the margin to 7pts.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:12 PM   #64
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
they say it's fluid on the knee. That can be anywhere from just a sigh and one missed game to a symptom of something that could end a career.
It's been the same knee (3 times according to BG) ever since he landed awkwardly in OKC during the title season.

If it's been lingering that long, something is up IMO.

Last edited by Rick41; 10-09-2012 at 09:13 PM.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:34 PM   #65
tron#1

tron#1 is just really nicetron#1 is just really nicetron#1 is just really nicetron#1 is just really nicetron#1 is just really nicetron#1 is just really nice

yeah from what i see oj still is in a memphis state of mind. run down the wing of the court stay in corner and wait and see if someone passes to you for a quick 3 pointer. like i always said a point guards job is to get your players easy shots and points. i dont think collison is helping mayo enough right now. they do seem kinda out of sink. i still like mayo defense and passing. can only get better and go up from here. he is a gym rat he will put in the time and make the adjusments to have better showings in the pre-season.
tron#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:35 PM   #66
tron#1

tron#1 is just really nicetron#1 is just really nicetron#1 is just really nicetron#1 is just really nicetron#1 is just really nicetron#1 is just really nice

calling it now breakout games for mayo next game 15-20 points
Old 10-09-2012, 10:38 PM   #67
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like the beginning for Dirk, unfortunately if his knee is having trouble.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:48 AM   #68
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_o_r View Post
Here is the ESPN recap/boxscore

What I saw from the 1st half
The most important parts
Collison is really really bad at passing in PnR and post entry. Kaman had excellent position on a small defender and Collison threw the ball over his head and he wasn't being pressured. Another instances he threw a bounce pass to Kaman just below his knee in a PnR. It just really weird that he struggles in that aspect of the game seeing as though he played with David West, Roy Hibbert, and Emeka Okafor. It's not like he was stuck with Haywood.

Mayo seems overwhelmed and out of sorts. Trying too hard to please?

Jared played and so did Dahntay Jones.

Dojo continues to push forward but with each pro level game it becomes clearer and clearer that he just doesn't have athleticism to be in the NBA. I don't think he can even be a Jacques Vaughn type of PG.

Brand was a beast offensively in the 1st half.
This isn't even a Jacques Vaughn type summary of what happened.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:17 PM   #69
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough

I'm actually surprised none of you anticipated this from Mayo.
I haven't actually seen the guy play much,but even if you run his highlights on youtube,the guy is a streak shooter.
He likes to drive(or fake),step back,and throw.
That is about his entire arsenal of moves.
That and just throwing it in your face.
He will never be a good wingamn,because he is too limited,and i highly doubt is basketball IQ.
I hope i'm not burying him too soon here,and i honestly hope to be proven wrong,but for me,i just hoped he'll be a good streak shooter like Terry.

DC on the other hand is showing a lot of potential.
nowitzki_prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 04:06 PM   #70
MavsFTR
Golden Member

MavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud of

Does anyone know if tonight's exhibition will be on tv?
MavsFTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 06:08 PM   #71
Kante
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFTR View Post
Does anyone know if tonight's exhibition will be on tv?
Nothing found on the internet.
Old 10-13-2012, 06:20 PM   #72
tron#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitzki_prophecy View Post
I'm actually surprised none of you anticipated this from Mayo.
I haven't actually seen the guy play much,but even if you run his highlights on youtube,the guy is a streak shooter.
He likes to drive(or fake),step back,and throw.
That is about his entire arsenal of moves.
That and just throwing it in your face.
He will never be a good wingamn,because he is too limited,and i highly doubt is basketball IQ.
I hope i'm not burying him too soon here,and i honestly hope to be proven wrong,but for me,i just hoped he'll be a good streak shooter like Terry.

DC on the other hand is showing a lot of potential.
does he get any slack from you for playing with a chunk of meat missing from his hand. like i said its the preseason he will be fine. man i hope all maverick fans arent like grizzlies fans overreacting to every single game.

Last edited by tron#1; 10-13-2012 at 06:24 PM.
Old 10-13-2012, 06:23 PM   #73
Kante
Diamond Member

Good news is, the Mavs won.
Old 10-13-2012, 06:44 PM   #74
Rick41
Diamond Member

Mayo slashed his hand on Monday in Barcelona but still played.

I guess that attributed to his poor performance then.

Old 10-13-2012, 06:51 PM   #75
Kante
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick41 View Post
Mayo slashed his hand on Monday in Barcelona but still played.

I guess that attributed to his poor performance then.
EKS:

Quote:
Mayo sliced it when he fell down some stairs

Tags
nathan jawai revenge game