Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-04-2021, 12:55 AM   #1
D_D_D

D_D_D is just really niceD_D_D is just really niceD_D_D is just really niceD_D_D is just really niceD_D_D is just really niceD_D_D is just really nice
Default Mavs Moving Forward // what page am I on??

First of all, I'm sorry if this isn't worthy of a thread...
I've been a long time off and on "peruser' of this forum and I love it! Let that be known. Also, I don't really have anyone I can discuss Mavs with as fans. So! I thought I'd reach out and toss a few of my opinions out there to all you wonderful Mavs fans and see just what page I'm on!
(Again I'm sorry moderators if this thread is simply stupid.)
I won't go all out I promise, but here's a few of my thoughts, let's see who agrees or disagrees....

Rick Carlisle:
I have loved Rick since we got him. I was rooting for him so hard in our 2006 championship series!!! Lol kidding, that was Avery Johnson, just seeing if y'all are paying attention! Nah but in the 2011 playoffs every game I'd be inebriated and yelling "Tell em Rick!!" --- cuz I believed in him, in conjunction with our team.
Bla bla bla fast forward. NOW? I'm sorry but it's my opinion that RC is past his time with THIS team. Honestly in a way I feel like he may be holding Luka back in a way. (Yeah I expect alot of fans to dislike me for this) but hey, this is my opinion.
When we got Luka, we traded away our whole starting lineup. All before the deadline. It was clearly a new day and age for the young but beautifully bright future of the Mavericks. Lol I feel like I'm writing some damn column sorry guys.
Anyways IMHO we forgot one thing, the coach. Again I love Rick. He is to be credited in some way for our successes and our championship. But it's a new age and to me it shows quite frequently. I don't want to bore into this too much so I'll move on. But I do believe we should get a new coach by the beginning of the next season.

Luka Doncic:
He sucks! Lol kidding. Obviously he's a generational player! I am a huge Mavs fan and Luka fan. But may I please just say a few things that really bother me about him? And see if other Mavs/luka fans share my sentiments?
So! Sorry but I think he complains to the refs wayyyy too much!! And look guys, I know EVERYONE does it. Just like EVERYONE flops. Hate it. Hate both. BUT! I gotta say, I watch alot of Mavs games, can't say the same for other teams/players sorry.
I try to be objective... And so I truly believe Luka complains to the refs not only a little more than he should. But, honestly, detrimentally too much! I know I'm sorry! Y'all probly hate me. I was born and raised in Dallas, but I'm just telling you what I see! It's a problem because when he should be getting back on D and/or communicating with his team he's busy bitching at the refs! Which brings me to my next concern! (((Again guys I love Luka and the Mavs! I am 33 and have been a fan since 2000.

Luka's leadership:
So I know there's different ways of leading. And sometimes it seems like Luka's is by example in terms of playing hard and scoring. BUT! He's the point guard. He's the floor general! For one, you see basically the whole team root him on and give him high fives n shit at time outs or whatever. But honestly I rarely see him do the same. I just think as PG he needs to be that guy, the leader, to connect with and push everyone! Obviously these are just pipe dreams of what I think your superstar PG should be as a leader.
And also his complaining and and how it removes him from plays takes away from his possible leadership!
Again guys, I effing love Luka and am so glad he's a Maverick. There are just some things that truly scare me! Let's see if one person agrees! Sorry if yall all hate me lol.

Anyways a few more things....

I don't see uss having deep success with Hardaway. I'm sick of his pull up 3s ( yes Luka's are a bit tiresome as well) but IMO THJ offers nothing more than a streaky shooter. By streaky for him I mean one out of 3 or 4 games he'll have a pretty damn good game. Honestly was hoping we traded him before deadline lol. But yes, my opinion is THJ takes us nowhere. Anyone else agree? Or disagree?
Oooo! I'll say something positive!! (And despite my negative things I've said this far, I'm a huge Mavs fan and love alot of our team. Priority 1 is keeping Luka for next 10+ years.)
So. How bout a shout out to Dorian Finney-Smith??
I honestly have nothing but good things to say about him! Kleber too! But I think Dorian has had to put in more work and shit to get here! Just my opinion...

Now I could go on and on about each player but I bet y'all want me to please stop lol!
Anyways I'm sorry guys if I've pissed you off or anything. Like I said I just wanted to see what page I was on with a few specific things! Sorry if you hate this or have to delete this thread... I'd just love to know yalls reactions/responses! Thank you very much!

GO MAVS!!!!!!
D_D_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2021, 05:50 PM   #2
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

I tend to somewhat agree about RC but don’t necessarily think he is becoming obsolete.
He is a system guy and Luka is a great fit for his system but I’m not sure the system is what is best for Luka...at least not long term. You’re right, Rick and his system could be holding Luka back a bit but I do think Luka will be given more freedom to be creative as he matures.

And I think Luka’s leadership skills will gradually improve as he matures.

Last edited by rimrocker; 04-04-2021 at 05:54 PM.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 06:14 PM   #3
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

I seriously don't get why everyone around here seems to have soured on Rick. Honestly, the team plays really well when everyone is healthy. I don't think Nick Nurse or anyone else would have this team playing much better than they have been since February. They're the 7th seed in an absolutely loaded conference, if you look at the roster, that's right about where they should be.

Can someone please explain to me how exactly Rick is "holding Luka back?"
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 06:53 PM   #4
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
I seriously don't get why everyone around here seems to have soured on Rick. Honestly, the team plays really well when everyone is healthy. I don't think Nick Nurse or anyone else would have this team playing much better than they have been since February. They're the 7th seed in an absolutely loaded conference, if you look at the roster, that's right about where they should be.

Must spread rep. There are certain things Rick does we don’t always agree with, but I’ll take him over all but about 5 other head coaches in the NBA.
BPo001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 10:08 PM   #5
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Must spread rep. There are certain things Rick does we don’t always agree with, but I’ll take him over all but about 5 other head coaches in the NBA.
Yea. I don't hate Rick but I do disagree with a few things he does.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 10:34 AM   #6
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

If I'm the Mavs, I do whatever it takes to get Lonzo Ball this offseason -- including letting THJ and JRich walk. Ball would bring in defensive versatility, ball handling, and shooting what we've been missing in our starting unit (what we thought we were getting with Richardson). Get one more bench scorer and roll with:

Luka - Brunson - Terry
Ball - Green
DFS - Hinton - Bey
Kleber - Melli - Powell
Porzingis - WCS - Boban
Old 04-05-2021, 11:55 AM   #7
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Letting THJ and Josh walk because you want to play the RFA game is really really stupid
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 05:12 PM   #8
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
If I'm the Mavs, I do whatever it takes to get Lonzo Ball this offseason -- including letting THJ and JRich walk. Ball would bring in defensive versatility, ball handling, and shooting what we've been missing in our starting unit (what we thought we were getting with Richardson). Get one more bench scorer and roll with:

Luka - Brunson - Terry
Ball - Green
DFS - Hinton - Bey
Kleber - Melli - Powell
Porzingis - WCS - Boban
If the ball he's basically a combination of both players if you think about it.

He's turned into a really good 3 point shooter, solid defender and he's a natural PG.

I remember a fans dissing him earlier this year when a rumor surfaced that the Mavs might be interested.

They knocked his shooting but he's a better shooter than J.Rich so go figure
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote