Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-16-2021, 12:54 AM   #1
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of
Default Seriously what has happened to J.Richardson since the pre-season

It’s physically impossible for Josh Richardson to shoot this poorly forever
After a 5-5 night from three against Utah in what was perhaps his best game as a Maverick, Josh Richardson hasn’t made five three-pointers total in the next five games combined.

This fanbase loves a punching bag. Harrison Barnes got his turn. Wesley Matthews for a year or two. Deandre Jordan briefly. Dwight Powell perennially. But oh man, there is not a lot of love to spare for Josh Richardson right now.

It’s almost not worth delving into, because shooting as badly as he has been cannot be explained by any known science. Eventually, the fever will break. Hopefully that’s sooner rather than later. I’m not going to dump on the guy. These things happen. But if they could cease happening right now, that’d be swell.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2021, 09:07 AM   #2
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

There are so many things wrong with this team that's it's hard to focus on just one thing. For that reason, he gets a lot of slack. If the Mavs offense was a good match for the roster, and RC was making better coaching decisions, and the Mavs were executing, playing defense, rebounding and hitting open shots, then Richardson missed shots would be one of the single, largest glaring negatives. As it is, it's just one issue among a dozen, and for as bad as Richardson is offensively, an off night by THJ is worse, and those are not uncommon occurrences.

Last edited by turin; 04-16-2021 at 09:09 AM.
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 04:24 PM   #3
tgfan
Golden Member

tgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to behold

At this point, it appears that JRich should just stick to his mid range pull up jumper, which he can sink. Perhaps he's not getting in enough practice shots, which, if that's the case, is inexcusable.

With respect to a fall off in performance, I'll also ask, what the heck has happened to Melli? And why do so many new Mavs players seem to start like gangbusters and then fall off? Delon was on fire when he first got here and then seemed to wilt away. I just don't get it. Something about the way this team is run seems to discourage some players, imo.
tgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 04:38 PM   #4
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgfan View Post
At this point, it appears that JRich should just stick to his mid range pull up jumper, which he can sink. Perhaps he's not getting in enough practice shots, which, if that's the case, is inexcusable.

With respect to a fall off in performance, I'll also ask, what the heck has happened to Melli? And why do so many new Mavs players seem to start like gangbusters and then fall off? Delon was on fire when he first got here and then seemed to wilt away. I just don't get it. Something about the way this team is run seems to discourage some players, imo.
I'm be honest with you I like Melli better than Redick pickup because he has surprised me with his defense and rebounding at times.

His shot has been inconsistent though.....

I'm just a bigger fan of playing bigger lineups and don't like the Redick/Brunson backcourt pairing because it exposes them defensively.

Hoping Melli improves his shot down the stretch so RC will play him more
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 05:29 PM   #5
tgfan
Golden Member

tgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
I'm be honest with you I like Melli better than Redick pickup because he has surprised me with his defense and rebounding at times.

His shot has been inconsistent though.....

I'm just a bigger fan of playing bigger lineups and don't like the Redick/Brunson backcourt pairing because it exposes them defensively.

Hoping Melli improves his shot down the stretch so RC will play him more
But if you don't get consistent actual game time, how reasonable is it to expect a guy to dial in his shot?
tgfan is offline   Reply With Quote