Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 04-05-2006, 05:43 PM   #1
island_dude

island_dude will become famous soon enough
Default Kings vs. Spurs Tonight.

Even though the Spurs beat the Jazz last night it was pretty much a battle to the end. They were cruising at one point, up by 24 points, then the Jazz came back to cut the lead to as low as 5 in the fourth quarter.

This could be key, in that the Spurs weren't able to rest their starters in the fourth quarter, and have to play the Kings tonight at home in a back to back. The Kings should be plenty pissed off after the spanking they got last night, plus when the game was out of hand Adleman rested his starters. I think there's a chance the Kings pull off an upset in SA tonight because of these factors.

That said, it obviously would help the Mavs cause in trying to hold on to any hope for the #1 seed, but it could also make it any even tougher game going into SA on Friday. The Spurs have been extremely tough at home, only losing 4 times all season, so it's unlikely they drop two in a row at home.

It might sound crazy, but do we pull for the Spurs to win or lose tonight? The obvious answer is lose, but I'm not so sure I want to go into SA after they're sitting on a rare home loss. My feelings are mixed.

Last edited by island_dude; 04-05-2006 at 05:45 PM.
island_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2006, 07:40 PM   #2
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

The Kings up 11 early in the 2nd quarter.
Old 04-05-2006, 08:14 PM   #3
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Spurs look like they always look on the second night of a b2b; tired and lethargic. The Kings are playing with a lot more intensity, and it's showing on the scorebored so far. Kings up 15 at half.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 08:49 PM   #4
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Kings are up 16 with a minute left in the third.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 08:54 PM   #5
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

79-61 end of the third quarter. Artest is killing Manu. The Spurs looke dazed and confused.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 09:02 PM   #6
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Bibby is lighting them up.
Old 04-05-2006, 09:04 PM   #7
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I think Sac is going to let them back into this thing.
Old 04-05-2006, 09:12 PM   #8
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Who the heck is Melvin Sanders???????????????

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 09:14 PM   #9
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

I know the Spurs struggle on B2B's.....but getting blown out like this? At home? With the other team on a Road B2B?

Huh?

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 04-05-2006 at 09:14 PM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 09:37 PM   #10
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

I think the Mavs did themselves and the Kings a favor by blowing 'em out early yesterday
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 09:44 PM   #11
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future

Man I sure wish the NBA would screw up scheduling in the playoffs like they did in 02-03 and have us play the Spurs two nights in a row. They are pathetic on the second night of back to backs!

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 10:11 PM   #12
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

Spurs are 5-10 in games played on the 2nd night of a B2B... and 53-7 otherwise!

In comparison, Mavs are 9-5 and 47-14 respectively!

I wish they had B2Bs in the playoffs... may be at least just for the WC Semis like in 02-03
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote