Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 08-15-2003, 08:53 AM   #81
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice
Default Vladimir Stepania

IfLook raef will continue to be the starter. He had a solid game against san antonio in game 6 of the conference finals 12points and 10 boards, I also remember a couple of five block performances. Sign stepania and Jimmy Jackson. If he fills a need he needs to be here.

Nash/nick.daniels
finley/howard
Jackson/finley
Dirk/Raef
Stepania/Bradley

Upgrade your guard small forward with jimmy jackson instead of raja bell. Jimmy is just as good of a defender, a good post player, and a good shooter.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2003, 09:44 AM   #82
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts
Default RE: Vladimir Stepania

The empty hand of Cuban attacks again.

Old 08-15-2003, 03:48 PM   #83
Mavsgreatness

Mavsgreatness is on a distinguished road

I heard a rumor that our offer was 3 mil for 2 years, that's a decent deal for him
Mavsgreatness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 05:22 PM   #84
Rod1975
Golden Member

Rod1975 is on a distinguished road

Given the recent developments, Esch and Pop gone, also Best coming over from the Heat, who else besides me thinks we can still get Stepania away from the Heat to sign for the LLE (or a split of the MLE how ever it may work out as long as it's not Esch type money) and be the 3rd center?
I think we can get a decent value with this guy if we can in fact steal another player away from Miami....
Old 08-21-2003, 05:22 PM   #85
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think the Mavs are interested in Stepania at this point.
Old 08-21-2003, 05:45 PM   #86
Rod1975
Golden Member

Yeah and a week ago nobody thought we were interested in Travis best either....

Miami since they are in the size-starved east, find themselves in the midst of a frontline logjam, and with the departure of Best they are going to have to fill a need at PG.

Stepania could just slip thru the cracks....the heat have signed 3 big guys and already have 3 other FA big guys, an unsigned draft pick, Ken Johnson,not to mention Brian Grant.

We could steal him away, he's already a journeyman, so I'm betting he's not exactly attached to Miami. Also if the Heat land Odom, their next step would be signing a PG (which they are now in dire need of).
Old 08-21-2003, 06:16 PM   #87
Epitome22
Golden Member

Epitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the rough

Stepania is a guy I wouldn't mind being a Mav at all. He has almost no skills but he does have size and he can at least rebound. From what I have seen of him, he's certainly tougher than Raef or Bradley ( I know that isn't saying much but still) Trade Raef and Bradley for Stepania.
Epitome22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 06:22 PM   #88
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Stepania is a guy I wouldn't mind being a Mav at all. He has almost no skills but he does have size and he can at least rebound. From what I have seen of him, he's certainly tougher than Raef or Bradley ( I know that isn't saying much but still) Trade Raef and Bradley for Stepania.
Shocks,that means Step will be signed to a near max contract[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
Step would be a great pick for 1-2.5 Mil a year,he's defenitly worh it,but i think Donnie and the rest are pretty content with the 5 spot.
The efforts are aimed at a back-up PG right now,but i still think a trade at the dead line is a very strong option.
nowitzki_prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 06:43 PM   #89
Rod1975
Golden Member

Quote:
The efforts are aimed at a back-up PG right now,but i still think a trade at the dead line is a very strong option.
Umm, Travis Best is'nt enough of a backup PG?
Old 08-21-2003, 06:51 PM   #90
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
hua????Did the man signed a contract?exactly,so until than,we're looking for a back-up PG.
nowitzki_prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 09:13 PM   #91
Rod1975
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: nowitzki_prophecy
Quote:
hua????Did the man signed a contract?exactly,so until than,we're looking for a back-up PG.
It's a done deal...press conference tomorrow at 12 noon CST.

Old 08-21-2003, 09:18 PM   #92
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Rod - I agree the Mavs <u>could</u> acquire Stepania. I just don't know that they want to at this point. I don't think they believe there is a place in the rotation for him at this point.

Man, what's that smell? Oh, it's just Epitome posting again.

Old 10-12-2003, 05:21 PM   #93
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

Looks like Stepania is going to Croatia?

Stepania goes to Croatia

Surely the Mavs have tried to get this guy? Doesn't his 7 rebounds a game count for anything? Stepania can become another head in the center monster. Actually, Raef can slip to backup 4 while Stepania, Fortson, Bradley forms the 3 headed monster. Raef can also pitch in if they need a center to hit the outside shot.
Old 10-12-2003, 06:17 PM   #94
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I'm surprised by this. It's a great deal for him as he can terminate the deal and return to the NBA at anytime. Make some money and keep playing basketball.

It's a shame he didn't take the 1 year, $3 million dollar offer from the Heat. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

Old 10-12-2003, 06:38 PM   #95
one long blue sock
Golden Member

one long blue sock will become famous soon enough

well I'm sure there is more reason to going to Croatia then money, alot of teams would be willing to spend more then 1 mil. I think his foot was padded.
Old 10-12-2003, 07:12 PM   #96
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Didn't one of our great posters here predict that he could overseas a while back?

Why yes....I think so. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 09:15 AM   #97
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all
Default RE:Vladimir Stepania

Bump, I think it might be time to make a call

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 09:33 AM   #98
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: grbh
We definitely need another body at center right now unless there is another trade in the works.
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 11:08 AM   #99
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: Max Power
Quote:
Originally posted by: grbh
We definitely need another body at center right now unless there is another trade in the works.
I totally agree. Although we can take a little time here. We can survive in the regular season with some of Nellie's trickery, but we can't do this in the post season. We need that big body in time to get him in step with the team for the post season.
Old 11-07-2003, 03:46 PM   #100
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

What gives? I saw this dude playing "major minutes" with the Blazers the other day! How is he good enough to play 30-35 minutes for the Blazers but not good enough to be our 15th man?
Old 11-07-2003, 03:49 PM   #101
Charlie Brown

Charlie Brown is on a distinguished road

what use would nellie have with a center who rebounds and plays d???

i mean, he can't even shoot 3's for crying out loud . . .
3. Heidi Klum - the source of my perspiration
Charlie Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 03:57 PM   #102
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

How has he been doing with the blazers so far? ..as far as stats go

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 04:06 PM   #103
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

Step's number this year:

Total stats after 4 games
8 points
2 blocks
5 assists
10 rebs
3 turnovers
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 04:12 PM   #104
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

hmm.. how do these compare with our overall center's stats so far this season?

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

Old 11-07-2003, 04:16 PM   #105
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

Depends, if you're comparing it to Dirk, who's been starting at center, then it blows Steps stats away.

Please, Steps not the answer for this team.
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 04:27 PM   #106
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

I was thinking more along the lines of bradley and fortson. I agree he's not the answer, however i was supposing him as the secondary center ..placing him not as "the answer" but perhaps as a piece of the answer.

Old 11-07-2003, 04:37 PM   #107
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Interior defense and rebounding have not been the problem thus far... especially during those times when Nelson employs his bigger lineups. There is nothing to warrant an assumption that Step, Mourning, Mutombo, or anyone would get more time than Shawn Bradley has to this point, and there is nothing to suggest that they would have done any better than Shaws has up to now. The problems on this team right now are offensive. Stepania does nothing to address that.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 07:19 PM   #108
Joey

Joey will become famous soon enoughJoey will become famous soon enough

I agree Ape and getting through the growing pains will work out the offensive kinks. Remember the Mavs are the greatest O on earth!
There's a time when a man needs to fight, and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny is lost, that his ship has sailed and that only a fool would continue. The truth is, I've always been a fool. ~Big Fish
Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 02:36 PM   #109
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

I saw step play last night and he looked absolutely terrible. I'm very pleased in the decision not to pick him up because he is a big body.

Old 11-08-2003, 06:31 PM   #110
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Offtopic, but during the game last nite George Karl said, after Wallace went on a fast break and shot a quick three: "Everytime I see Wallace shoot a 3, I think of him in a Dallas Mavericks uniform." The announcer next to him says "what are you talking about, he's in a Blazers uniform. Do you have any inside information?" to which Karl responds "I don't think so, I just think of him as the big man Dallas is looking for." Hmmmm...
Old 11-08-2003, 07:03 PM   #111
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road

Thats being talked to death in the new section "Trade and draft board"
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote