Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 09-11-2003, 08:18 PM   #1
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The Official "Say something positive about Qspare" Thread

This thread is only for postitive comments about our favorite team's quarterback....Qspare. Keep it on topic please. Enjoy the hug-fest.

In game one, Qspare threw several nice passes.
In game one, Qspare's escapability helped him avoid some sacks.
At this point in the year, Qspare should be the starting quarterback because he outplayerd the competition.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2003, 08:31 PM   #2
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

I don't know why you did this. No one asked for a positive QCarter thread. He played bad last Sunday. Lets save these type of threads when he actually plays well.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2003, 08:32 PM   #3
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
I don't know why you did this. No one asked for a positive QCarter thread. He played bad last Sunday. Lets save these type of threads when he actually plays well.
*GASP*

That was NOT positive. Please stay on topic and not turn this thread into something it was not intended to be. Geez.....
Old 09-11-2003, 08:33 PM   #4
Drbio
Banned

Back on topic.....

Qspare's throw that was called back because of a penalty was a nice spiral. Maybe the best I have ever seen him throw.
Old 09-11-2003, 09:25 PM   #5
QCarFan
Golden Member

QCarFan can only hope to improve
Default RE: The Official "Say something positive about Qspare" Thread

You wont have to worry about that FFM, none of those threads will exist after he plays well Monday. He gave them no reason to create these type of threads one training camp started all the way to the end of preseason. But hey like I said his season wont be judged on one game, if and when that time comes I will then give my analysis of his season.

I did like some of those good things you said Doc. .
Old 09-11-2003, 09:28 PM   #6
Drbio
Banned

Qsparefan- Like I and others have said all along...if he plays well we will give him credit. We are just jonesing for him to play well first. When he doesn't play well, we rag on him. When you defend him after playing poorly and props him up to be something he isn't, we rag on him harder. BUT...when he makes a good play...I'll be first in line to tell it like it is. It was a good play. Check the gameday thread...it's there in print for your review.

edit: goodnight....I'm outta here.
Old 09-11-2003, 09:29 PM   #7
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Carter had a chance to be a good quarterback until he was rushed into starting his rookie season. He had a lot of developmental work to do that he was forced to skip because he had to prepare for the next team on the schedule.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2003, 10:44 PM   #8
QCarFan
Golden Member

So now, he doesnt have a chance to be a good QB MFFL?
Old 09-11-2003, 10:54 PM   #9
mavs_afroman

mavs_afroman is on a distinguished road

I don't think so. With his athleticism, he might have had a chance to grow into a decent qb but as MFFL said, getting ready for games every week really hasn't afforrded him the opportunity to just work on getting better. Soooooo, probably not. His only chance to get better is to get traded onto a team with an established qb so he can just sit back, watch, and work on getting better and not even worry about playing for a while.
Old 09-11-2003, 11:29 PM   #10
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: QCarFan
So now, he doesnt have a chance to be a good QB MFFL?
Maybe. It's doubtful. He should have spent a couple of years learning to be a quarterback before actually getting on the field (aka Kordell Stewart).

But what is done is done. He MIGHT take off but the deck has been stacked against him.
Old 09-12-2003, 12:03 AM   #11
Tony tha Mavs fan

Tony tha Mavs fan is on a distinguished road

Well since this is the Quincey Carter positive thread... He had a great game last sunday, threw his best game of his career. Qcar just had a fumble at the worst part of the game to have a fumble, and had his kicker miss a field goal. He had a better game than Brett Favre...umm...Quincey only threw 1 interception. I hope quincey can put up a solid performance on Monday night, and get everyone back on the Qcar bandwagon again.
Old 09-12-2003, 02:46 AM   #12
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

The adversity that Quincy's been through should make him tougher. He seem to be well grounded and have a good head on his shoulders. He was thrown in too early, but I don't get the logic that he's doomed because of it. Even those who don't like Quincy would have to admit that he throws a better ball now then when he was a rookie (I know, how could he not). He does need to work on his decision making, but that will come with time. If it doesn't, the Quincy haters will get their wish.

As far as the knock that he never does anything positive when he's out of the pocket, what about the 80 yard bomb to Galloway against Carolina. You will say it was luck, but luck is part of the game. "The Catch" was luck, but it's part of the reason Montana's considered the best ever. Quincy had to get out of the pocket and avoid a sack to give himself a chance to make a "lucky play"
Old 09-12-2003, 08:27 AM   #13
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

he throws a good deep ball
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2003, 11:29 AM   #14
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

The Thing I Like The Most About Quincy...(Drumroll, please).......

He and Steve Martin were hilarious in Bowfinger!!!
Old 09-12-2003, 01:07 PM   #15
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

Parcells chose Quincy.
Old 09-12-2003, 02:25 PM   #16
dallas_esq
Golden Member

dallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the rough

Quincy Carter is the best quarterback in the history of the Dallas Cowboys!
Old 09-12-2003, 02:56 PM   #17
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: dallas_esq
Quincy Carter is the best quarterback in the history of the Dallas Cowboys!
How dare you insult Danny White like that......
Old 09-12-2003, 03:28 PM   #18
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

danny white would have been considered a top notch QB if he could have won a Bowl.. the guy was a stud
Old 09-12-2003, 03:35 PM   #19
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
danny white would have been considered a top notch QB if he could have won a Bowl.. the guy was a stud
I agree.... that was why I responded in that way. I would rate the Cowboys QB's in the following order:

1. Staubach
2. White (although if he had won a SuperBowl or at least gotten to one he would be number 1 in my book)
3. Aikman
4. Meredith
5. Cunningham
6. The rest
Old 09-12-2003, 04:32 PM   #20
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Quincy Carter is almost good enough to play quarterback in the NFL!
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2003, 07:15 PM   #21
MFFL
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: u2sarajevo
Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
I agree.... that was why I responded in that way. I would rate the Cowboys QB's in the following order:

1. Staubach
2. White (although if he had won a SuperBowl or at least gotten to one he would be number 1 in my book)
3. Aikman
4. Meredith
5. Cunningham
6. The rest
Cunningham does not belong on that list - Craig Morton does however. Eddie LeBaron deserves an honorable mention too.
Old 09-12-2003, 11:34 PM   #22
QCarFan
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: madape
Quincy Carter is almost good enough to play quarterback in the NFL!
Please explain that one to me, because here it is I thought QUINCY CARTER was the STARTING quarterback for the DALLAS COWBOYS in the NFL. No wonder we are getting mixed feelings here, some of us are talking about a different guy. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 09-13-2003, 10:25 AM   #23
Chiwas
Guru

Quincy will learn more soon than later.
Old 09-13-2003, 11:00 AM   #24
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

Danny White coudn't hold Troy's jock.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 03:33 PM   #25
Murphy3
Guru

i wouldn't put try behind white by any means... troy's a future hall of famer. however, white was one of the best QB's in the league before breaking his wrist
Old 09-13-2003, 03:41 PM   #26
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Isn't it funny that you can find half of the Cowboy's fans praising Danny White and the other half will bash him? Thats one of the biggest mysterys in the NFL.

1996-2005
Old 09-13-2003, 04:22 PM   #27
MFFL
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
Isn't it funny that you can find half of the Cowboy's fans praising Danny White and the other half will bash him? Thats one of the biggest mysterys in the NFL.
Danny never won the big one - that's VERY important to Cowboy fans.
Old 09-13-2003, 06:47 PM   #28
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Aw... come on.

Everyone knows Steve Pueller(sp?) was the greatest Cowboy QB in history. And right behind him was Gary Hugaboom (sp?).

As for my positive about Quincy... he sure can throw the ball on the run. (Too bad it's intercepted most of the time. But a catch is a catch in my book.)
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 09:42 PM   #29
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

Against Atlanta on Sunday, Quincy Carter recorded his seventh consecutive 200-yard passing game. He becomes the first Cowboys quarterback to throw for 200-plus yards in seven consecutive regular-season games since Danny White did it in 10 consecutive games in 1983. One week into the season, Carter has the fourth highest passing yardage total in the NFC (268).
Old 09-13-2003, 09:54 PM   #30
Drbio
Banned

Qspare will lead the league in interceptions.
Old 09-13-2003, 11:36 PM   #31
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

7th in passing the cowboys offense is ranked 2nd don't get it. He has a better qb rating then warner, plummer who will lead the league in ints, mcnabb, testeverde and many others.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 10:49 AM   #32
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
Qspare will lead the league in interceptions.

Why do you think that? Is it because he only had 1 last week?

1996-2005
Old 09-14-2003, 12:48 PM   #33
Drbio
Banned

like taking candy from a baby.....LOL!
Old 09-14-2003, 01:14 PM   #34
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
like taking candy from a baby.....LOL!

So you posted it to see would you get a response or just because you were bored? If I posted Dirk sucks in the General Mavs Discussion section of this site i'm sure I would get a response too.

1996-2005
Old 09-14-2003, 01:39 PM   #35
Drbio
Banned

One thing Qspare will lead the league in is interceptions due to dumbass decisions.
Old 09-15-2003, 01:21 AM   #36
Rod1975
Golden Member

Rod1975 is on a distinguished road

Qspare looked better in his most recent game than McNabb did in his.
Old 09-15-2003, 08:25 AM   #37
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: Rod1975
I hope we can say that again at midnight tonight.
Old 09-16-2003, 11:23 AM   #38
Chiwas
Guru

Qokey

Old 09-16-2003, 04:17 PM   #39
QCarFan
Golden Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by: Rod1975
I hope we can say that again at midnight tonight.

You can, way to go Quincy!
Old 09-16-2003, 05:33 PM   #40
MFFL
Guru

Maybe doc will even rename this thread (for a couple of weeks anyway).